THE BROWNS BOARD

Brown Board Mock Draft 2017

darren15

It would be a logicistical nightmare but knocking it out over a weekend or doing one round a day with tighter time limits would be an interesting, albeit likely impossible, idea.

I also wonder if there's a website that can knock out some of the legwork Tour will need to do as Commish in terms of tracking the picks, who's available etc.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be a logicistical nightmare but knocking it out over a weekend or doing one round a day with tighter time limits would be an interesting, albeit likely impossible, idea.

I also wonder if there's a website that can knock out some of the legwork Tour will need to do as Commish in terms of tracking the picks, who's available etc.

I don't know. Tour's been pretty good at tracking the pricks on here so far. :P Plus he serves popcorn at the same time. Multi-tasker.

Trying to remember how long it took us to do 7 rounds last year .....

Honestly, after like 3 rounds I think a lot of people lose interest. Nobody has the time to thoroughly research every player down that far so you're just picking names off of your favourite web-based big board.

Appreciate the concerns, but I should have time to catalog picks. And I hope that pairing consecutive teams will speed the process since it was the reason for going with it.

That said the order for some teams will be scrambled in nearly every round due to past trades, so we won't cut the time in half.

And I can't provide popcorn to all on my meager Commissioner's salary...

I thought it was just the early rounds I really don't know enough for the full draft so I'm happy to be replaced by someone.

If we get a replacement sure... otherwise get your study on... :)

Seriously, late rounds are much as Chris said... more rankings dependent than eye-tested/scouted. If you get a feel for your teams' needs, you'll be fine.

If you aren't sure about your teams' needs, you can role play them on First-pick and/or peruse their fans' forums. I've even joined a couple forums in the past, SD and ATL IIRC, so I could ask for their input in a thread.

Tour if you get no one to take the last two pair, this old retired curmudgeon would be happy to add Fins/NYG. Aggie QB for the fins needs some more help and since I've been screwing one damn Cornell Yankee for 47+ years, adding the NYers would not be a problem. :D

Noted and thanks... I also have no issues with taking at least one more team, if needed.

Plus we have Z in the hole, good for at least the first three rounds as a co-GM.

Also still hoping one of our Steeler-boys will take their team... and earn their visitation rights.

Plus we have Z in the hole, good for at least the first three rounds as a co-GM.

Also still hoping one of our Steeler-boys will take their team... and earn their visitation rights. FUCK THEM STEELERS

If Z wants to fix his Florida friends in Miami? I will play Co-GM after he fires himself B) along with NYG. or if Z can fix Colts early we can assign clean-up GM later..#comeoncomp.guy

Tour - we're still waiting on a taker from Pitt to confirm our draft orders right?

Yes, but we are not going to wait much longer.

I mean, how long does it take them to get over one fucking loss?

If Z wants to fix his Florida friends in Miami? I will play Co-GM after he fires himself B) along with NYG. or if Z can fix Colts early we can assign clean-up GM later..#comeoncomp.guy

Ya, OK sounds like a deal. dolphins and Giants with co-GMs.

Zombo

Ya, OK sounds like a deal. dolphins and Giants with co-GMs.

Zombo

And thus was born Zumby... the progeny of Zombo and Gumby...

... or could be Zomby...

... or Gumbo...

I'll take the gay ass colts

No give Gumby the gay ass colts

Speaking of "gay ass"... are you in or out?

And it's still pick one... get one free...

We need to agree on some sort of policy on the time between picks, and be specific on how the resolution process is going to work..

For example, you can't just "send your next desired pick to" -- because then if I picked that same guy 3 later, it's also not fair to me if I have him taken away when Tour gets back to his email 3 hours later.. because 8 additional players will be off the board by then.

We'll work on something...

For starters I will ask all participants to at least be sure their PM boxes are not full and set up to notify them them via e-mail of any messages. In the alternative they can allow direct e-mails via this site, or send me their addy, if they want to keep theirs private for whatever reason.

We can send a Five-pick pre-alert followed by a "You're Up!" when it's time to try to minimize the "Hey, Asshole, you've been up for two hours," messages.

If someone knows they are going to be out-of-pocket and have a pick coming up, they can always message me, or another trusted participant, a list of options to take in order of preference. For my part I would not look at the list as long as I have a pick coming before theirs.

Stuff like that...

Those are all good ideas but can we be specific about the scenario:

* What if all the picks proposed in the email sent to Tour [or whoever] are taken by the time Tour reads his email?

This, i would imagine, is separate from the situation where one or more of those picks is still available when the email is read..

Clarity helps to eliminate ruffled feathers

Well... if a picker sends a list of 5 when he's 20 slots away from his next pick, thinking he's covered, that's on him. On the other hand if he sends six when he gets his "Five Pick Alert", and I think he's safe.

We're still weeks away from the start so we can still brainstorm, but we're not going to anticipate every scenario. However, it's not all on us. Participants need to anticipate when they will "go dark" and make arrangements through either a list of players or positions with a BPA reference (CBS or other), or flat out assign their proxy to a "friend".

If someone is unavailable and/or inattentive enough, and gets ruffled, that's on them.

Archived