THE BROWNS BOARD

Trade for Kirk Cousins?

ConnerLangford

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cousins is a UFA after the Super Bowl. You can't trade for him unless the Skins use the Franchise Tag on him . (and even then I am not sure you can.)

Rather than trading for him, just sign him.

I would not be willing to make him one of the 5 highest QBs in the league I don't think.

I suggest A Parade. A Balloon Inflatable of each QB that the media "will have" or "already have" rumors of going to the Browns. By Draft time it should be 2-3 miles long. Free Beers & Marching strip Bands..Ya'll come.. all yeeee faithful of "It's raining NFL QB's"

actually, it's not a bad idea. Trade RGIII to them for him..... :)

What no RGIII and Cousins together? :huh:

But we have a long draft coming up so who knows what will end up happening there. Cleveland's version of Groundhog Day the movie.

lol... "We're getting the band back together again." - "Joliet" Jake Blues

Very good and very tough question... at least for me.

WSH tagged him saying in effect, "Do it again." He essentially did. And now? They're floating him as trade bait?

That's a red flag... which is appropriate since WSH's big issue on Offense this year was red-zone scoring.

Kurt threw for a ton between the 20's... but the last 20 tripped him up.

I'll pass...

Zero interest.

Zero?

Zero- unless you think he's worth Aaron Rodgers money. If Oswieler got $72 million, Cousins is going to get at least $100. Likely scenario- the Redskins will franchise him and try to work out a long term deal. He can be franchised for 2017 and 2018- but that's it. After the third tag, he'd be entitled to a 44% raise, that's not happening.

i'd be surprised if the Redskins give him up. Do they have that much faith in Colt McCoy or do they have someone else in mind?

Perhaps they'll trade us three #1's to go up to #1 overall and draft another QB? :)

Oh cool, it's every offseason for the last three years again.

Perhaps they'll trade us three #1's to go up to #1 overall and draft another QB? :)

Their #1 this year, next year, and the year after, plus a franchised Kirk Cousins, sure, I'd take that. And Putney. I want Putney.

A while back I said there'd be no way the Redskins let Cousins walk, in any way. However, it appears that I'm wrong (shocker). If this is true, the Redskins would HAVE to have some sort of backup plan, and I can't think of what it is. Draft a rookie and hope he turns out well immediately? How often has THAT worked out for teams? Sign one of the veteran QB's, such as Tyrod or Cutler? (if they're cut) Kaepernick? Can anybody truly say those guys are better than Kirk? I just don't see it...I really don't. Kirk might not be the second coming of Tom Brady, but in a world where competent QB play is rare, why on earth would they want to deal Cousins? I just don't see it!

But back to the poster's question. Would I be on the wagon for a trade? Hell freaking yes I would. The article indicated Cousins played in a similar offense under Gruden, and that could ease the transition period. If Pryor is back, our offensive cupboard isn't exactly bare, if people like Coleman, Devalve, Pryor, and others continue developing. I guess the million dollar question is, what would it take for the deal to get done? Anything involving the #1 pick is out the window, and I won't even LISTEN to anything. However, the #12 pick? Would I use the #12 pick to essentially draft Kirk Cousins? Yep. I'd do it in a skinny second. I'm not sure what other picks it'd take, but we'd have basically a new team INSTANTLY. Myles Garrett, Kirk Cousins, and then two second round picks? Uhhh....yes please. And our first second round pick is obviously as high as it gets, and there's ALWAYS a player graded as first round talent that slips on day 1. I think Ogbah was in that category.

Listen, I'm not going to get overly excited over a rumor because this is the NFL "Silly Season". However, it certainly is fun to talk about.

lol... "We're getting the band back together again." - "Joliet" Jake Blues

Very good and very tough question... at least for me.

WSH tagged him saying in effect, "Do it again." He essentially did. And now? They're floating him as trade bait?

That's a red flag... which is appropriate since WSH's big issue on Offense this year was red-zone scoring.

Kurt threw for a ton between the 20's... but the last 20 tripped him up.

I'll pass...

I don't know that Washington is floating him as trade bait. It was probably just some guy with a computer blog or something.

That would be like someone reading one of Ghoolie's rants about trading Joe Thomas....then reporting that the Browns are floating Joe Thomas as trade bait.

A while back I said there'd be no way the Redskins let Cousins walk, in any way. However, it appears that I'm wrong (shocker). If this is true, the Redskins would HAVE to have some sort of backup plan, and I can't think of what it is. Draft a rookie and hope he turns out well immediately? How often has THAT worked out for teams? Sign one of the veteran QB's, such as Tyrod or Cutler? (if they're cut) Kaepernick? Can anybody truly say those guys are better than Kirk? I just don't see it...I really don't. Kirk might not be the second coming of Tom Brady, but in a world where competent QB play is rare, why on earth would they want to deal Cousins? I just don't see it!

But back to the poster's question. Would I be on the wagon for a trade? Hell freaking yes I would. The article indicated Cousins played in a similar offense under Gruden, and that could ease the transition period. If Pryor is back, our offensive cupboard isn't exactly bare, if people like Coleman, Devalve, Pryor, and others continue developing. I guess the million dollar question is, what would it take for the deal to get done? Anything involving the #1 pick is out the window, and I won't even LISTEN to anything. However, the #12 pick? Would I use the #12 pick to essentially draft Kirk Cousins? Yep. I'd do it in a skinny second. I'm not sure what other picks it'd take, but we'd have basically a new team INSTANTLY. Myles Garrett, Kirk Cousins, and then two second round picks? Uhhh....yes please. And our first second round pick is obviously as high as it gets, and there's ALWAYS a player graded as first round talent that slips on day 1. I think Ogbah was in that category.

Listen, I'm not going to get overly excited over a rumor because this is the NFL "Silly Season". However, it certainly is fun to talk about.

Who would you....and all of you....rather trade that #12 for: Kirk Cousins.....or Jimmy Garrapolo? How about that conundrum!

Their #1 this year, next year, and the year after, plus a franchised Kirk Cousins, sure, I'd take that. And Putney. I want Putney.

... because I want him...

Do you see WSH being only the retention of Kirk away from winning a Super Bowl? Even simply winning the NFC? I don't...

I think they are heading towards a rebuild. If you look at where they are vs. DAL and NYG and even PHI, assuming Wentz pans out, it is hard to see them making their way out of the Division and into the playoffs.

And the size of the contract their unestablished QB is expected to command hamstrings any rebuild effort.

When I ask why Bill Belichick would jettison The Heir Apparent to Tom Brady I'd be even more surprised if the Redskins would shitcan their starting franchise quarterback.

There's only one reason... he's not good enough to take them where they want to get. I agree with them.

Is Kurt a nice player? Yes...

Better than anyone we have on our roster? Yes...

Is that enough reason to pursue him in a trade? No...

Archived