THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Garrett

Tour2ma

Shocked there not only was not a "Camp", but also no threads with his name in its title. As some may recall I moved my my tent here from Camp Allen after Williams came on board.

Anyway...

Here's a tidbit for any lingering concerns about Myles' desire to play for us...

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/829871990379053059

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assumed we were all in this camp. I'll let you guys manage this.

#12 is where the action is, Half Off JImmy G gear today, the Budweiser twins will be there at Noon, we've trademarked "GropPound" and "Brownspolo", websites coming soon.

rsz_7july-twins.jpg

And McCown is on his third beer, could get interesting.

Zombo

Crap. I just posted about maybe a different position, specifically Jamal Adams,

etc, might be a more dramatic addition...

but Garrett fits the profile, is five star elite, and you have to love his attitude.

Could be the most well-populated camp in years on our board. I'm in, we can trade up

from 12 to get Adams...maybe.

and, truth is, Garrett has a fine sense of humor, but he is serious that he'll

make the team that passes on him know they made a mistake.

I'm in. Camp Garrett has root beer. (how about anchovies on the pizza?)

You know this has been a fun couple of years since I first brought Garrett to the board as what I thought then would be a top NFL draftee this year. Most fun of all has been watching Tour slowly make the turn from a "we'll see" semi-skeptic to a full blow Camp Leader/thread starter. What plays finally tipped you over the edge Tour? :lol: My favorite was one when they tried to do an option on him and he stepped inside forcing the QB to flip it out to the RB and then turned on a dime tracking down the RB around the edge at the LOS causing a turnover on a strip tackle inside the 10. Only other DE I've ever seen do anything like that was Clowney.

https://youtu.be/ayUwmyv769w?t=2m35s

Im still camp allen, for now. But im maybe questioning it. Garett to me is still not NFL ready "right now", not for full time work at least. Allen is better "right now" and could play DT or DE. Garett though has intriguing potential, maybe even has a higher ceiling than allen.

I guess it all depends on where williams see's the fit.

Ag, see below... and please... fix Daylon Mack this year.

Im still camp allen, for now. But im maybe questioning it. Garett to me is still not NFL ready "right now", not for full time work at least. Allen is better "right now" and could play DT or DE. Garett though has intriguing potential, maybe even has a higher ceiling than allen.

I guess it all depends on where williams see's the fit.

Fair take and one I shared for a long time...

When considering MG also included the possibility of a position change that simply dropped his floor too far for my taste. Williams' arrival removed that consideration.

Even so I think Allen's floor may still be higher. I honestly do not see a higher floor in this draft.

But ceiling? I think the top three are all named Myles Garrett... then there's a gap... then come others including Allen.

It's not quite "I was out fishing on the boat" but Garrett is skipping draft day to spend it with his family

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000785192/article/myles-garrett-doesnt-intend-to-attend-2017-nfl-draft

This is about the best reason I ever heard from anyone-shows real character.

"I know at the draft you can only have a select amount of people there," Garrett told the Chroncile. "I knew I wanted to have everybody who's ever affected my life positively and helped build me up all the way to where I am now -- I wanted them to see what I've achieved and be a part of this big moment in my life."

This is about the best reason I ever heard from anyone-shows real character.

"I know at the draft you can only have a select amount of people there," Garrett told the Chroncile. "I knew I wanted to have everybody who's ever affected my life positively and helped build me up all the way to where I am now -- I wanted them to see what I've achieved and be a part of this big moment in my life."

I'd agree... And plus he doesn't have to look like he's buddies with the commissioner.

rsz_7july-twins.jpg

Thanks Z, These 2 gals can hold my Camp Flag pole Up :). Am In..Garrett: The Best player in college football in this draft. Hope he proves more of it in the combine. Of Course I wish he could play Andrew Luck as a QB, since we worked so hard to earn the #1 Pick. Did you see the look on Cory Coleman when he was named A Brown? JT was with Dad Fishing, so Hell Yea,Myles enjoy Family & stay Myles away from that awkward (ugly)uni photo opt with the hat..Than it's down to Business. Bring Greatness back to the Browns..

And? Most likely his favorite team.

1. He should probably shut up.

2. These Texas homos always seem to want to stay in Texas. Maybe he'll want to go back after the first contract. Or be miserable while he's in Cleveland.

Zombo

2. These Texas homos always seem to want to stay in Texas. Maybe he'll want to go back after the first contract. Or be miserable while he's in Cleveland.

Zombo

I can agree that he shouldn't make/post a video like that, but I honestly don't think it matters. Most of these guys have a favorite team, or at least a team they wish they could play for. Alot of those guys will get drafted and resign with the teams the drafted them, some will want to move on for money or to finally play for said favorite team. I'm not going to guess what a guy is going to do in 5 years based on a video he posts today.

I can agree that he shouldn't make/post a video like that, but I honestly don't think it matters. Most of these guys have a favorite team, or at least a team they wish they could play for. Alot of those guys will get drafted and resign with the teams the drafted them, some will want to move on for money or to finally play for said favorite team. I'm not going to guess what a guy is going to do in 5 years based on a video he posts today.

I like that he has a personality, and I find it normal that we wants to play for his favorite team ... But the clingy Texas thing worries me (Johnny hangover perhaps) and he kinda called out Cleveland while praying for Dallas ... Just not a good look from the perspective of a Browns fan.

In the end, probably won't matter, will still take him #1.

Zombo

I mean here is what I personally think.

1: He hasn't met with Hue at all. These two will meet at the combine, pro day, and Garrett will likely be invited to the facility for a sit down. If Hue is good at anything, it is making players like him. At the very least Garrett will like the idea of getting to play for Hue and any fears he may have about coming to Cleveland will be greatly diminished.

2: This kid doesn't have the character flaws that might lead him to demand that he won't play in Cleveland. He doesn't come from a Manning like family, he is going to be jazzed to be the #1 overall pick, regardless who takes him.

3: Players can and do fall in love with the teams who draft them and the cities they play for. Thomas was a Green Bay fan, Haden was a Redskins fan who played ball in Flordia. Both fell in love with Cleveland and wanted to stay.

Once again, not a great look for the kid. But to me it seems more like a kid making a fun video to his favorite team. I put more stock behind the video in the first post of this topic than the one asking for the Cowboys to move up.

I mean here is what I personally think.

1: He hasn't met with Hue at all. These two will meet at the combine, pro day, and Garrett will likely be invited to the facility for a sit down. If Hue is good at anything, it is making players like him. At the very least Garrett will like the idea of getting to play for Hue and any fears he may have about coming to Cleveland will be greatly diminished.

2: This kid doesn't have the character flaws that might lead him to demand that he won't play in Cleveland. He doesn't come from a Manning like family, he is going to be jazzed to be the #1 overall pick, regardless who takes him.

3: Players can and do fall in love with the teams who draft them and the cities they play for. Thomas was a Green Bay fan, Haden was a Redskins fan who played ball in Flordia. Both fell in love with Cleveland and wanted to stay.

Once again, not a great look for the kid. But to me it seems more like a kid making a fun video to his favorite team. I put more stock behind the video in the first post of this topic than the one asking for the Cowboys to move up.

OK, I'm with you.

The Hue thing was in my mind too ... He'll get him chugging the Kool Aid.

And I meant Homo in the nicest way possible.

Zombo

--How is that for "walking it back"

Zombo

What about that Ohio homo that wants to play QB for Cleveland? :P Garrett's home town is Arlington, home of Cowboys stadium. It's understandable.

What about that Ohio homo that wants to play QB for Cleveland? :P Garrett's home town is Arlington, home of Cowboys stadium. It's understandable.

The Ohio homos that want to play in Ohio is great for us.

Duh.

Zombo

--Pretend you're a Browns fan ... It'll make sense.

Archived