THE BROWNS BOARD

Marijuana tax revenue hit $200 million in Colorado as sales pass $1 billion

jbluhm86

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We could legalize heroin and make ten times that much at the same time we thin out the herd!

:)

WSS

Come now, Steve, let's not be facetious: if Colorado can do over $1b in total cannabis sales without descending into anarchy, as some cannabis detractors suggested it would, then its safe to say that marijuana probably isn't the scary boogman it's been made out to be. Comparing it something that is truly dangerous, like heroin, is not even in the same ballpark.

Besides, heroin is pretty much legal anyway, in the form of opiate painkillers that Big Pharma and irresponsible doctors prescribe every day. Maybe the Feds and DEA should spend their efforts investigating and raiding pharmaceutical companies instead of throwing people in jail for decades over weeds: https://www.addictions.com/opiate/the-role-of-pharmaceutical-companies-in-the-opioid-epidemic/

Look at the bullshit these consevative fake rags pump up the asses of impressionable old people like dh....

"Thus, legalization functions as a positive feedback loop, making access to the drug easier, getting users hooked, then diminishing their drive and desire to perform socially beneficial work to feed their addiction, thereby resulting in crime to get their fix."

Heres another beaut....

"A report by the AAA Foundation released Tuesday found that traffic fatalities involving drivers in Washington where marijuana was involved had doubled between 2013 and 2014. Marijuana became legal in the state in 2012."

So last night i had some wine and then smoked a little pot.....if i go out and drive right now and get in an accident, i wont pop for alcohol thats long gone. But for the next 30 days even if i dont touch a solitary stem of marijuana...i will test positive for it. But just like the wine the effects of marijuana are long gone by now. But that carvaccident would likely get lumped into "marijuana related" because there really isnt a test able to determine how long ago the user smoked or ingested. So you can throw this partissn biased fallacious puece right out the fucking window into the trash where it belongs.

Its proof that if you have an idea in ur head, no matter how factually inaccurate....you'll find a place on the internet where someobe will back up that idea with legit sounding facts and stats,

The new Cleve that uses buzzwords to try and win arguments has managed to be even more stupid than the old Cleve, because he's not sure what the hell he's talking about but it SOUNDS good.

Wut are you talking about "new" clev? Have i changed any of my positions? If anything ur the mood swinging bi polar manic one.

Pot is a gateway drug.

Long discredited. Theres millions of pot smokers that never touched anything else. I for one have zero interest in anything save perhaps shrooms. Its always the weak pussies that never handled addiction well that talk about gateway this or that. In reality alcohol was the original "gateway" for those weaklings.

This all boils down to one thing.

Try to make one argument for why weed should be illegal, but not alcohol (while staying within the confines of reality).

I know a lot of people that smoked weed, they never went on to harder drugs. I do know people that drank alcohol, got in accidents, and killed themselves.

So we are to believe weed is the dangerous drug. Anyone want to post alcohol's body count?

This all boils down to one thing.

Try to make one argument for why weed should be illegal, but not alcohol (while staying within the confines of reality).

I know a lot of people that smoked weed, they never went on to harder drugs. I do know people that drank alcohol, got in accidents, and killed themselves.

So we are to believe weed is the dangerous drug. Anyone want to post alcohol's body count?

The arguments against legalization are similar to the State legislature not legalizing sports gambling as they spend the lottery money.

Archived