THE BROWNS BOARD

Marijuana tax revenue hit $200 million in Colorado as sales pass $1 billion

jbluhm86

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DOPE IS WORSE THAN ALCOHOL

Please share this post with every concerned parent you know! Spread the Word about Pop Pot!

Regulation of alcohol does not keep alcohol out of the hands of children and teens. So when pro-pot people came up the idea “Regulate Marijuana like Alcohol,” they should have known that part of the plan would not be successful either. Just ask any teacher in Colorado. As propagandists push marijuana to achieve equality with alcohol in American life, here’s a look at how they compare:

1) According to a report that came out last week, 30 % of marijuana users in the United States qualify as having Cannabis Use Disorder, vs. 10-20% of those of drinkers who are alcoholics.

2) With THC (most psychoactive part of pot) as high as it is today, there is no equivalent to dope that is like beer or wine. Since competition between growers has created the higher THC, consumers won’t go back to the weak, old-fashioned pot that was in existence before the “medical marijuana” scam was introduced in the mid-90s. Average THC in Colorado is 17% vs. 1-3% in ’70s.

3) Frequent users of marijuana are more likely to have a-motivational syndrome, compared to frequent drinkers.

4) Students who are heavy weed users are much more likely to drop out of school than students who drink heavily. After all, weed is nicknamed “dope” for a reason.

5) Teens who use marijuana are 3x more likely to overdose on other drugs such as heroin; teens who use alcohol are 2x more at risk for overdose with other drugs. While marijuana may not be a “gateway” for every young person who does pot, the risk of leapfrogging to other drugs is greater for those who use marijuana than those who do alcohol. Marijuana use puts are children at greater risk for drug overdose than alcohol does.

6) Both are readily available to children and teens. Pot is more available in marijuana states, as the parents may have it at home.

7) Both are dangerous for driving, and both have led to traffic fatalities, particularly when the drivers are age 25 and under. Looking at the absolute evidence takes away any need for studies to show that driving stoned is dangerous.

8) Marijuana stays in system longer, up to a month and even more for chronic users, while alcohol goes out of the system in 24 hours. Some marijuana users experience flashbacks which can be very dangerous while driving or when they come on unexpectedly.

9) There are high-functioning alcoholics and there are regular marijuana users who hold jobs and function reasonably well. The latter is less frequent, and those who manage well tend to give an erroneous impression to others who become addicted quickly and show a greater impairment from using pot.

10) Both marijuana and alcohol are depressants

10)Marijuana causes paranoia, anxiety and mental health problems at much higher rates than alcohol.

11) Marijuana advocates claim it is “harmless” and “not addictive,” both false claims. They also claim to drive better while stoned. Drinkers don’t have similar delusions about alcohol being harmless and non-addictive. Individual problem drinkers may deny that theyhave a problem, while pot activists deny marijuana is a problem.

12) Binge drinking in very, very heavy doses can lead to death. While marijuana doesn’t go into the brain stem, in heavy doses it can lead to psychosis. Pot has been know to cause death for those who have a psychotic reaction to marijuana.

13) Marijuana doesn’t cause a hangover. Skipping the headache is not a good reason to do pot. Just don’t drink or drink less.

No one is forced or compelled to drink, another falsehood promoted by the marijuana lobby. Many adults choose not to drink or do any drugs. More power to them. Our comparison shows 2 ways marijuana is safer, and 7 ways it is less safe and 4 ways they are a draw. Read our other article on marijuana vs. alcohol.

Colorado Attorney General Cynthia Coffman said legalization “wasn’t worth it.” Colorado’s Governor John Hickenlooper said that legalization was “reckless.” The state of Washington saw a great increase in marijuana-impaired drivers last year.

About 10% of the US uses marijuana, compared to up to 60% of adults who use alcohol. Evidence shows that marijuana users drink more alcohol, too.

Parents Opposed to Pot is totally funded by private donations, rather than industry or government. If you have an article to submit, or want to support us, please go to Contact or Donate page.

DOPE IS WORSE THAN ALCOHOL

Please share this post with every concerned parent you know! Spread the Word about Pop Pot!

Regulation of alcohol does not keep alcohol out of the hands of children and teens. So when pro-pot people came up the idea “Regulate Marijuana like Alcohol,” they should have known that part of the plan would not be successful either. Just ask any teacher in Colorado. As propagandists push marijuana to achieve equality with alcohol in American life, here’s a look at how they compare:

1) According to a report that came out last week, 30 % of marijuana users in the United States qualify as having Cannabis Use Disorder, vs. 10-20% of those of drinkers who are alcoholics.

2) With THC (most psychoactive part of pot) as high as it is today, there is no equivalent to dope that is like beer or wine. Since competition between growers has created the higher THC, consumers won’t go back to the weak, old-fashioned pot that was in existence before the “medical marijuana” scam was introduced in the mid-90s. Average THC in Colorado is 17% vs. 1-3% in ’70s.

3) Frequent users of marijuana are more likely to have a-motivational syndrome, compared to frequent drinkers.

4) Students who are heavy weed users are much more likely to drop out of school than students who drink heavily. After all, weed is nicknamed “dope” for a reason.

5) Teens who use marijuana are 3x more likely to overdose on other drugs such as heroin; teens who use alcohol are 2x more at risk for overdose with other drugs. While marijuana may not be a “gateway” for every young person who does pot, the risk of leapfrogging to other drugs is greater for those who use marijuana than those who do alcohol. Marijuana use puts are children at greater risk for drug overdose than alcohol does.

6) Both are readily available to children and teens. Pot is more available in marijuana states, as the parents may have it at home.

7) Both are dangerous for driving, and both have led to traffic fatalities, particularly when the drivers are age 25 and under. Looking at the absolute evidence takes away any need for studies to show that driving stoned is dangerous.

8) Marijuana stays in system longer, up to a month and even more for chronic users, while alcohol goes out of the system in 24 hours. Some marijuana users experience flashbacks which can be very dangerous while driving or when they come on unexpectedly.

9) There are high-functioning alcoholics and there are regular marijuana users who hold jobs and function reasonably well. The latter is less frequent, and those who manage well tend to give an erroneous impression to others who become addicted quickly and show a greater impairment from using pot.

10) Both marijuana and alcohol are depressants

10)Marijuana causes paranoia, anxiety and mental health problems at much higher rates than alcohol.

11) Marijuana advocates claim it is “harmless” and “not addictive,” both false claims. They also claim to drive better while stoned. Drinkers don’t have similar delusions about alcohol being harmless and non-addictive. Individual problem drinkers may deny that theyhave a problem, while pot activists deny marijuana is a problem.

12) Binge drinking in very, very heavy doses can lead to death. While marijuana doesn’t go into the brain stem, in heavy doses it can lead to psychosis. Pot has been know to cause death for those who have a psychotic reaction to marijuana.

13) Marijuana doesn’t cause a hangover. Skipping the headache is not a good reason to do pot. Just don’t drink or drink less.

No one is forced or compelled to drink, another falsehood promoted by the marijuana lobby. Many adults choose not to drink or do any drugs. More power to them. Our comparison shows 2 ways marijuana is safer, and 7 ways it is less safe and 4 ways they are a draw. Read our other article on marijuana vs. alcohol.

Colorado Attorney General Cynthia Coffman said legalization “wasn’t worth it.” Colorado’s Governor John Hickenlooper said that legalization was “reckless.” The state of Washington saw a great increase in marijuana-impaired drivers last year.

About 10% of the US uses marijuana, compared to up to 60% of adults who use alcohol. Evidence shows that marijuana users drink more alcohol, too.

Parents Opposed to Pot is totally funded by private donations, rather than industry or government. If you have an article to submit, or want to support us, please go to Contact or Donate page.

A dentist told me that every 3rd generation of pot smoker would have a altered chromosnes.

I do not know if he right or wrong.

Possible. Genetic mutations can occur from the chemical byproducts of smoking cannabis. But, they also can come from smoking tobacco. Or chewing/dipping tobbaco. Or drinking alcohol. Or going out into the sunlight for long periods of time. I think that is what your dentist was talking about. Genetic mutations happen all the time, and i'd say cannabis consumption isn't a huge factor in it at all.

Pot is a gateway drug.

That spice crap will suffice of you cant score weed.

Wrong. Spice/K2/synthetic cannaboids are infinitely more addicting and have a greater harm profile than cannabis:

https://www.mentalhelp.net/articles/5-reasons-why-spice-is-worse-than-weed/

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/policy-dose/2015/08/05/synthetic-marijuana-is-much-worse-than-weed-and-its-a-public-health-threat

https://www.addictionhope.com/blog/marijuana-vs-spice-synthetic-more-dangerous/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alicegwalton/2014/08/28/6-reasons-synthetic-marijuana-spice-k2-is-so-toxic-to-the-brain/#5b19257f49eb

That's called having centrist positions. It seems like mood swinging because I support some shit on either side

Unacceptable. There's only two options on this board; either you support the conservative views entirely or your just wrong. No middle ground. Time to burn you, heretic.

Youre missing the point.

Pot wasnt available but something else was. Gateway.

I'd say things like alcohol, tobacco, and prescription painkillers/opiates are far more likely to be "gateway drugs" to substances such as heroin and meth than weed is.

This all boils down to one thing.

Try to make one argument for why weed should be illegal, but not alcohol (while staying within the confines of reality).

I know a lot of people that smoked weed, they never went on to harder drugs. I do know people that drank alcohol, got in accidents, and killed themselves.

So we are to believe weed is the dangerous drug. Anyone want to post alcohol's body count?

Define a lot. The 2 in Strongsville HS, and the four at UM? That is your point of reference?

Hardly anyone did in Strongsville. My entire group of friends in Medina did.

Someone was giving anecdotal evidence with their Dentists, I figured I'd chime in too.

My point of reference are the studies on the matter, common sense, and the blatant hypocrisy compared to alcohol.

look at the comical flaming horseshit Coatse posts from these ridiculous websites. Zero corroborating evidence for the last sentence. The level of bullshit in this post is mind boggling i dont' even know where to begin with it. They just are so desperate to tie marijuana use to all these other vice's including the legal one that's destroying the human genome. Yeah you read that right, alcoholism is becoming genetic through the epigenome. As of right now i haven't read anywhere that marijuana addiction can be passed down, but alcoholism absolutely is. My ex wouldn't touch a drop her whole life because alcoholism had destroyed most of her family and she was terrified of it......so she'd drink a case of diet mountain dew a day, true story. Again, how many people are waiting lists for a liver or some other organ because of marijuana? Go on Coatse, find me that waiting list...run along i'll wait right here.

A dentist told me that every 3rd generation of pot smoker would have a altered chromosnes.

I do not know if he right or wrong.

What sort of mutations are we talking about? Like gamma hulkalizing? ☕

I dont know.

Since I dont smoke we did not get into the topic all that much.

To be fair, there is some evidence for cannabis damaging DNA. A single study should not be regarded as conclusive, but it suggests the question should be studied more.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/behindtheheadlines/news/2016-05-26-could-cannabis-damage-dna-that-is-then-passed-down-generations/

Look pot should be nationally legal. Anyone who's ever smoked pot and also gotten drunk can tell you in no uncertain terms which is more dangerous. Personally I consider alcohol the most damaging drug. Nothing fucks you up to the level alcohol does. Other drugs mess you up,acid and mushrooms and the like make you pretty crazy and opiates can easily kill you but nothing else makes you falling down, sloppy, puking , engaging in terrible behavior than alcohol. And it's proven to be as addictive as heroin to boot. Pot is none of those things. You might give yourself lung cancer but so what? That's called a personal choice. Republicans were supposed to be for that last I heard.

Look pot should be nationally legal. Anyone who's ever smoked pot and also gotten drunk can tell you in no uncertain terms which is more dangerous. Personally I consider alcohol the most damaging drug. Nothing fucks you up to the level alcohol does. Other drugs mess you up,acid and mushrooms and the like make you pretty crazy and opiates can easily kill you but nothing else makes you falling down, sloppy, puking , engaging in terrible behavior than alcohol. And it's proven to be as addictive as heroin to boot. Pot is none of those things. You might give yourself lung cancer but so what? That's called a personal choice. Republicans were supposed to be for that last I heard.

But I'm tired as shit of hearing how it cures cancer. It doesn't cure cancer. It might have some treatment benefits, in certain forms, but a cure? No.

But I'm tired as shit of hearing how it cures cancer. It doesn't cure cancer. It might have some treatment benefits, in certain forms, but a cure? No.

Not only does it not cure cancer, evidence shows correlations of higher incidence of cancer in heavy pot users. Generally speaking, burning anything and inhaling the smoke would probably increase the chances of cancer. Just a morbid reminder. We all have cancer cells in our bodies. You get 'cancer' when your body fails to properly dispose of them, allowing them to grow.

Even if it does cause cancer, the real argument in my mind is the total harm vs the total benefit. I would agree with Cysko's argument, alcohol's total harm (deaths due to accidents, deaths due to liver failure, positive and negative impacts on society and economy, etc...) is probably higher with alcohol than pot. I imagine pot has less collateral damage associated with it if it were made nationally legal.

The biggest concern would be if it does cause harmful genetic mutations that can be passed down to children.

I suppose we dont really know the effects of long term marijauna use on a grand scale until now. .

Humans have known for thousands and thousands if years the long term effects of marijuana. Srsly, modern humans baffle me....its like humans living 5k years ago were borderline apes living in caves when in actuality they were already formulating the foundations of calculus. And ither shit like studying the effects of various plants on humans.

Theres sophisticated chinese manuscripts from 5000 bc detailing marijuana uses, side effects etc, etc. But even in modern times marijuanas been studied for probably over a century

I like it - makes sense, how am I supposed to agree with it?

I've never smoked. It's just a different take - food for thought.

You assume I implied. Wrong.

I think this falls under the group of conservative viewpoints characterized as "this is bad because it's different!" See also, gay marriage. The next step, where you pull biased studies out of thin air, drags on the process.

Those that want conservative financial views would be better off dropping these type of views.

The Cysko Kid, on 13 Feb 2017 - 2:31 PM, said:

Did you even read any of that uncited horseshit? What am I saying of course you didn't. Digital cloward-piven!

What, you want to be an asswhole too?

I read it, thought it was interesting. That's why I posted the link.Want me to post a lot

more of em?

Archived