THE BROWNS BOARD

Cousins?

beare

Everything I read says that Cousins was basically terrified of being traded to the Browns, and it's hard to blame him. Would I take him? Absolutely. He's dynamic as a play-action passer, he's quick enough, he's got moxie, and I like his deep ball.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything I read says that Cousins was basically terrified of being traded to the Browns, and it's hard to blame him. Would I take him? Absolutely. He's dynamic as a play-action passer, he's quick enough, he's got moxie, and I like his deep ball.

If he was so afraid of that then he should have signed a long term deal.

And, for his information...his fear of coming to the Browns is based on the fact that the Browns lose a lot. The Browns have lost a lot primarily because we have had shitty QBs. Thus, I must conclude that his desire not to come to the Browns is because he must be saying to himself: "I too am a shitty QB...and under my leadership nothing would change with this team."

OK, so, its a tacit admission...to me that "I suck and am not capable of doing anything to improve that team".

Well...so be it. Go suck out in SF or stay in DC, suckass.

For Cousins? Wow. That's an absolute steal.

More than I would want to give up. And there is that caveat that in order to consummate the trade the Browns would need to sign him to a long term deal, which he would not do for DC...why would he do it here...especially if he doesn't want to be here.

Putain il.

I'd rather just take a flyer on one of the prospects than overpaying for Garrapolo or renting Kirk Cousins for a year.

Trubisky or Webb I think I'd be ok with.

At this point in time and with the options available, I agree with you. Take best QB you can get at 12 (or move up) in the draft and hope he develops.

At this point in time and with the options available, I agree with you. Take best QB you can get at 12 (or move up) in the draft and hope he develops.

Hope is not a fucking plan.

Hope is not a fucking plan.

It is for every single that has been drafted into the NFL. No matter how meticulous scouting methods are, no one can be sure how someone will turn out.

Someone took Jamarcus Russell #1, Charles Rogers #2, Kijana Carter, Aaron Curry, Akili Smith, Courtney Brown, Brian Bosworth, Heath Shuler, Andre Ware, Lawrence Phillips and Ryan Leaf. There was a "plan" in place for all these guys.

More than I would want to give up. And there is that caveat that in order to consummate the trade the Browns would need to sign him to a long term deal,

Exactly......no trade is a good deal if it's only for a year.....

More than I would want to give up. And there is that caveat that in order to consummate the trade the Browns would need to sign him to a long term deal, which he would not do for DC...why would he do it here...especially if he doesn't want to be here.

Putain il.

I'm baffled you wouldn't give 12 for Cousins.

I'm baffled you wouldn't give 12 for Cousins.

As everyone has said, not a one year deal. Not if he doesn't want to be in Cleveland either. Almost 5,000 yards with a a 97 qbr. He'll cost franchise qb money. Only if we're 100% sure he's Aaron Rodgers good- because that's the price tag he's going to command.

As everyone has said, not a one year deal. Not if he doesn't want to be in Cleveland either. Almost 5,000 yards with a a 97 qbr. He'll cost franchise qb money. Only if we're 100% sure he's Aaron Rodgers good- because that's the price tag he's going to command.

I agree we need a multi year deal in place. If he was Aaron Rodgers good we would have to pay more than Rogers makes. Simple truth the contract values go up. If he's top 10 good that's the money he will command and deserves.

I would trade the #1 pick, the #52nd pick, our 1st next year, and two of our 2nds next year for this guy.

That would leave us with

#12- Derek Barnett- Greg Williams pick. 4-3 DE who had 13 sacks in 2016 at Tennessee. 32 sacks in his career at Tennessee.

#33- Evan Engram- Cousins will need a big play TE to throw to and Evan has the athleticism and will provide some mismatches in the middle of the field. Utilizing him and Barnidge similarly would be helpful.

Rest of the draft go for S, CB, LBers, Oline.

If Gordon gets reinstated with no bs,

Imagine him, Britt, Coleman. Barnidge, Engram, DeValve(good quality depth player)

Crow and Duke running behind a rejuvinated oline

We could sneak in with a wild card if we play our cards right..

I agree we need a multi year deal in place. If he was Aaron Rodgers good we would have to pay more than Rogers makes. Simple truth the contract values go up. If he's top 10 good that's the money he will command and deserves.

Of course...I am of the opinion that the next Aaron Rodgers is within our grasp..... :o

I would trade the #1 pick, the #52nd pick, our 1st next year, and two of our 2nds next year for this guy.

That would leave us with

#12- Derek Barnett- Greg Williams pick. 4-3 DE who had 13 sacks in 2016 at Tennessee. 32 sacks in his career at Tennessee.

#33- Evan Engram- Cousins will need a big play TE to throw to and Evan has the athleticism and will provide some mismatches in the middle of the field. Utilizing him and Barnidge similarly would be helpful.

Imagine him, Britt, Coleman. Barnidge, Engram, DeValve(good quality depth player)

sign him to a long term deal if we trade for him

5 years/ 100 million

45 million guarenteed

That is giving away to much for him. Plus he don't want to play here. Roll with Cody this year and draft defense.

That would leave us with:

If Gordon gets reinstated with no bs, Imagine him, Britt, Coleman. Barnidge, Engram, DeValve(good quality depth player)

I don't know where to begin...

sign him to a long term deal if before we trade for him

Fixed...

I'm not saying that I would do this, but I have to admit, I started to think about this: Trading the #1 overall pick for Kirk Cousins.

What are Cousins' numbers as a starter? How do they compare to ours? What would you be willing to give up to actually have a starting QB? I'm not using the "elite" word, and I'm not using the "franchise" word, but what I'm saying is...what is a starting QB worth in the NFL? If there was a guy coming out of college that was a bonified "sure thing", wouldn't we be picking that guy? Well, what's the difference between "that guy", and Kirk Cousins? A guy that's actually played in the NFL, and played pretty damn well.

Again, before you guys crucify me, I want to say again, "I'm not saying I would do it", but I also think it must be explored. Cousins attacks the middle of the field, he excels at play-action, he's got enough athletic ability to make plays with his legs, and he's got a certain "spunk" to him that I completely love.

Honestly, I think we would've already made the trade with the Redskins if Cousins wanted to play for us. I think the only reason he's not already on our team is because he's holding out for San Francisco. The good news about this is we're going to get Myles Garrett, and he's going to be lining up opposite of another physical presence (Ogbah). Ogbah doesn't have the "bend" and "explosion" that Garrett possesses, but make no mistake, he's a physical freak. What shocked me so much about Garrett was his strength in the bench press. I thought for sure he'd be more of a "speed" guy, and that bench press wouldn't be his best test. It might not have been his "best" test, but 32 reps or whatever is pretty stupid for a guy with that build. It's very possible Garrett grows to 6'4 and 290 pounds in a year...without losing much (if any) speed. He's literally going to look like King Kong.

But as much fun as having Garrett and Ogbah will be, it won't do a damn thing for our QB quandary. It's starting to look like we're starting the season with Kessler. Now, if we get the Kessler that played against Miami and Washington, I think we'll be ok. We could actually be MORE than ok if our defense plays better and our running game is constant. But I picked Cody as nothing more than a backup due to his lack of physical abilities. He can't take a hit, can't get AWAY from a hit, and has shown to be injury prone.

I've gone full circle on the Garoppolo situation, but I'm now back to saying it's going to happen, and here's why: This draft is particularly strong on the defensive side of the ball, and the Patriots lost some defensive stars. They recently signed Dont'a Hightower, but they still need more bodies...especially studs. The Patriots also don't have a first round pick, and I'm not sure they have a second rounder either (they might...don't know). What is the one thing the Patriots covet more than anything else? That's right...draft picks. So there's a team (Cleveland) that is potentially offering a basket of early picks for a player that might not even PLAY for the Patriots, and people are saying that the deal won't happen? I don't believe it, I really don't. We have five second round picks and three FIRST round picks in the next two drafts. No WAY we can't offer up a deal that literally MAKES the Patriots deal their backup QB.

That would leave us with

You might. Guarantee Sashi and DePo won't. :) He doesn't want to be in Cleveland. FO not interested in a quick fix. We need those future picks to plug other holes.

What are Cousins' numbers as a starter? How do they compare to ours?

Again, before you guys crucify me, I want to say again, "I'm not saying I would do it", but I also think it must be explored. Cousins attacks the middle of the field, he excels at play-action, he's got enough athletic ability to make plays with his legs, and he's got a certain "spunk" to him that I completely love.

What shocked me so much about Garrett was his strength in the bench press. It's very possible Garrett grows to 6'4 and 290 pounds in a year...without losing much (if any) speed. He's literally going to look like King Kong.

But as much fun as having Garrett and Ogbah will be, it won't do a damn thing for our QB quandary.

Absolutely has to be thought over, so no crucifixion in your future as far as I am concerned.

For me the question is not whether Kirk would improve our QB situation. He would. It's whether he is worth the cost of bringing him to us. I'll grant you every attribute you list for him and add that I think he's a leader. But he's also a QB who needs a lot of pieces around him including a D that keeps the game in hand. In short he's a good QB.

Garrett has the look of a generational Edge presence. He looks to me to be a cornerstone player of a Defense that can become the kind that can benefit any QB by reducing his need to carry a team. That can win if he simply manages the game... and that widens our QB search considerably.

Garrett has the look of a generational Edge presence. He looks to me to be a cornerstone player of a Defense that can become the kind that can benefit any QB by reducing his need to carry a team. That can win if he simply manages the game... and that widens our QB search considerably.

Totally agree. Been saying for some time if we can just decrease time the D is out there and multiply the times the O has the ball, this team will have more wins. Especially now that we have taken so many positive steps in the OL. I really look forward to see what other D players we add from here on out. Shall we send them your picks Tour? :D

Edit: And with Nassib etc. we have some good fresh legs all game long, something we have lacked for who knows how many years.

Totally agree. Been saying for some time if we can just decrease time the D is out there and multiply the times the O has the ball, this team will have more wins. Especially now that we have taken so many positive steps in the OL. I really look forward to see what other D players we add from here on out. Shall we send them your picks Tour? :D

Edit: And with Nassib etc. we have some good fresh legs all game long, something we have lacked for who knows how many years.

Yeah Ag, I've come around to your POV.. Can't get over that post I replied to. The guy wants to not only gift the Redskins Garret, but toss in the #52 this year, our first rounder next year and two seconds on top of that? I don't think Sashi and DePo would give up that much for Aaron Rodgers. (Not that he'd be traded for any amount)

Archived