THE BROWNS BOARD

Analysis of the Hybrid LB/SS Role in Gregg Williams' D...

Tour2ma

Tony Jefferson still a free agent?

Great question. I remember advocating for him a few years back on another board as a mid round target.

He had a career 2016 and I'd be VERY interested in taking a look at what his market value is. While I might love the thought of having some home grown boys on the roster, Jefferson brings the ability to supplant Tyvis AND

play a more traditional back hash role as well.

Great question. I remember advocating for him a few years back on another board as a mid round target.

He had a career 2016 and I'd be VERY interested in taking a look at what his market value is. While I might love the thought of having some home grown boys on the roster, Jefferson brings the ability to supplant Tyvis AND

play a more traditional back hash role as well.

Looks like he is and maybe a cheap get at a couple million per.

Great quote from the article: "The Browns already have two quality, versatile linebackers in Jamie Collins and Christian Kirksey."

It's so good they posted it twice.

This article points out that Williams will not use 3 pure LB -- so any prior discussion about [remotely plausible] draft targets that included LB Foster are not really accurate because we already have our LB starters.

Schobert/orchard/johnson seem fine for depth/spot starter.. Davis is not because he can't cover in space and should be a candidate for cut/trade.

Great quote from the article: "The Browns already have two quality, versatile linebackers in Jamie Collins and Christian Kirksey."

It's so good they posted it twice.

This article points out that Williams will not use 3 pure LB -- so our prior discussions about [remotely plausible] draft targets are incorrect because we already have our LB starters.

Schobert/orchard/johnson seem fine for depth/spot starter.. Davis is not because he can't cover in space and should be a candidate for cut/trade.

Well....again, it is said that Collins best spot is a ILB. This would be fine in a 3-4. But with perhaps the Browns running a base 4-3 an with the talent on the Browns he has to slide out to one of the OLB spots.

I am of the opinion that the Browns are deficient at the OLB spots. Schobert is a starter. I think we can us an upgrade.

Orchard should be in there....but he has not proven to be anything but backup depth.

I still think a killer pure OLB may be a high draft target....more so than DE.

And I also think with the base 4-3 that a DT may be a high draft target...more so than a DE.

So... it is possible that Allen may be more in play at #1 than people think.

Or Caleb Brantly or Carlos Watkins in round 2.

Or in that 2d round you could see a former Schobert teammate take over for him: TJ Watt. (or the likes of McKinley/Tim Williams/Reddick/Cunningham

Archived