THE BROWNS BOARD

Happenings Around the League

Kvoethe

LOL as Captain Picard would say- "Make it so #1." :) LOL, Gip, I'm certain in the next 7 or so weeks we're going to hear the Browns are seriously considering X, Y, Z, AA, BB (not Bill Belichick, but you never know) CC..... and probably every player that's been projected to #1. Fire up the smokescreen boys!!!

I agree. The Mitch talk is smoke. If we trade down, I don't think it will be lower than #3, to the Bears position. The Bears want a QB. No better way to get them to trade up tehn to make them think we are seriously considering their guy. A drop to #3 is the ideal. That way we pick up another pick, and we get either Garrett or Allen. I think either one is going to be a pro-bowl type player early in their career.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the browns trade up to #6, unless it's for a qb. Honestly, we will know a lot about the browns draft strategy by the end of this week. If the bills release TT and is signed or JG is traded to the browns, it will be safe to speculate the browns are going all defense in the first round. I still think only 2 of these qb's are going in the first round and none in the top 10. Plus, it wouldn't surprise me for the browns to try to trade back into the first round to grab their qb rather than overdraft at #1.

This is smokescreen season and every team is going to say whatever to throw teams off "their" guy. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the 49ers trade out of the #2 pick (hello buffalo). Lynch and KS got 6 year deals! they are in no rush to rebuild this team and if they can get anything close to what the browns got last year, they are going to move down. I don't think they take a qb in year 1 at least in the first round. Also, i'm not sold on the bears taking one of these qb's either if Allen (I think he slides on draft day due to his shoulders) or Thomas are still on the board. Once you get passed the top 3, i think the qb's start to slide. Two dark horse teams to look out for are NO and AZ. both teams have aging (expensive) qb's and if they have a chance to grab one of Watson or Trubisky, i think they do it. Plus, if NO is really looking to trade Brandin Cooks, would a total rebuild be surprising?

Bears: Re-signed LS Patrick Scales and QB Connor Shaw to one-year contracts.

Connor Shaw! He and Hoyer together again in the Bald Brigade!

Glennon from Tampa is rumored to head that way as well. So Hoyer may be no more.

Glennon from Tampa is rumored to head that way as well. So Hoyer may be no more.

Right. If Cousins is traded to SFO....and Glennon gets signed by Da Bears....that would be two of the 4 teams in the top 6 that were looking for QBs taken out of the QB Draft Derby....fair to say?

That would leave the Jets also looking (and even though they have invested a 2d and a 3rd round pick on QBs the last 2 years)

Their philosophy may be: keep drafting QBs til you get it right.

Should that also be the Browns Philosophy?

With Garçon and Jackson in the FA market now I wonder what Washington is going to do.

Maybe THEY will be in the "Fold for Darnold" Mold? Especially if they decide to trade Cousins to SFO.

And how did you get your keyboard to give you the little curly cue on the c in Garcon?

Cardinals:

Agreed to terms with TE Jermaine Gresham on a four-year contract. Re-signed QB Zac Dysert to a one-year contract. Extended a contract tender offers to G/T John Wetzel and DT Olsen Pierre.

Bills:

Exercised its exclusive rights by tendering offers to RB Mike Gillislee and G Ryan Groy.

Panthers

Re-signed WR Brenton Bersin to a one-year contract, S Colin Jones and DE Charles Johnson to two-year contracts. Extended a contract offer to restricted free agent G Andrew Norwell to retain his rights for next season. Extended contract offers to exclusive rights free agents P Michael Palardy and C Tyler Larsen.

Bengals

Extended a tender offer to C T.J. Johnson.

Colts

Announced the retirement of OL Joe Reitz. Re-signed TE Jack Doyle.

Vikings

Announced the retirement of LB Chad Greenway.

Maybe THEY will be in the "Fold for Darnold" Mold? Especially if they decide to trade Cousins to SFO.

And how did you get your keyboard to give you the little curly cue on the c in Garcon?

I just spelled it and it came up.

I use my iPad since my wife hogs the computer.

It may have been posted somewhere else, but the Browns met privately with Joe Mixon (aka the woman basher) before his pro day:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/id/18850454/joe-mixon-met-privately-cincinnati-bengals-cleveland-browns-detroit-lions-new-orleans-saints-ahead-pro-day

Disheartening to me to say the least. I understand it's just a meeting and could mean nothing but I don't get why you meet with the dude at all. That's a nightmare PR scenario waiting to happen.

It may have been posted somewhere else, but the Browns met privately with Joe Mixon (aka the woman basher) before his pro day:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/id/18850454/joe-mixon-met-privately-cincinnati-bengals-cleveland-browns-detroit-lions-new-orleans-saints-ahead-pro-day

Disheartening to me to say the least. I understand it's just a meeting and could mean nothing but I don't get why you meet with the dude at all. That's a nightmare PR scenario waiting to happen.

Good. Good player. Can be attained cheaply.

Doesn't hurt to meet with him and see what he's all about. Disgusting what he did...but I guess everyone deserves a 2nd chance and he's a talented player who could be had very cheap.

Doesn't hurt to meet with him and see what he's all about. Disgusting what he did...but I guess everyone deserves a 2nd chance and he's a talented player who could be had very cheap.

Agreed. We pay them to play football not babysit our kids.

One Post From the Truth retiring from Pro Football. It was a long shot for him to play since he never has played any organized football. His speed at the age of 50 is Blanda-ish but can still put on the Afro Burners if need be.

Bills:

Exercised its exclusive rights by tendering offers to RB Mike Gillislee.

A 5th round tender? The guy was not that bad spelling McCoy..

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago

Buffalo is keeping Tyrod Taylor on a restructured contract, per sources.

WoW was this a bad 5 year reconstruction deal. Why reconstruct at all? Take the deal they offered or walk to FA .further details to come,but Glennon may make more $ & even we could have sweetened the pot on Tyrod..RG3 says thanks

I maybe taking crazy pills here, but with the latest news coming out that Glennon is going to Chicago, Hoyer is going to SF, and TT just restructured with the BIlls, doesn't this put the Browns in the driver's seat for whichever qb they want in the draft? Also, doesn't this lower the asking price for Garrapolo? Whom is going to trade for him now? It's not going to be chicago or SF. NE won't trade within the divsion (Jets). I could see a team such as NO or AZ, perhaps. Look at the Draft order:

1. Cleveland Browns- Take Garrett with no hesitation
2. San Francisco 49ers- Will take a qb at some point, but not this high. It wouldn't surprise me if they trade out
3. Chicago Bears-No way they take a qb here if they sign Glennon
4. Jacksonville Jaguars-Don't need a qb (at least in their eyes)
5. Tennessee Titans from Los Angeles Rams-Don't need a qb
6. New York Jets- They need a qb but have so many other needs. They are gutting their roster. I think they trade down
7. Los Angeles Chargers-Don't need a qb
8. Carolina Panthers-Don't need a qb
9. Cincinnati Bengals-Don't need a qb
10. Buffalo Bills-Don't need a qb
11. New Orleans Saints- I can see a qb getting drafted in this spot as a potential replacement for Brees
12. Cleveland Browns from Philadelphia Eagles -BINGO. Even if one qb goes ahead of them, they still have either Watson or Trubs

In all honesty, they could even trade up anywhere between 6-10 and not give up that much and get the guy they want. I really think this is going to work out better than they were thinking

A 5th round tender? The guy was not that bad spelling McCoy..

WoW was this a bad 5 year reconstruction deal. Why reconstruct at all? Take the deal they offered or walk to FA .further details to come,but Glennon may make more $ & even we could have sweetened the pot on Tyrod..RG3 says thanks

Tenders are 1st round, 2nd round or "original status". So the $ offer is the same for all "original status" tenders. It's only the team compensation should the tendered player that varies... in accordance to the pick spent to acquire that player.

I'm not finding the details of Taylor's new contract.

Hoyer to the 49ers.

Should have seen that coming...

Archived