THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Barnett for #12

The Gipper

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I see the circle jerk you two are doing....and I basically dismiss this "Oh the SEC west is so so much better than the SEC East).

If the SEC West is better....it is because it has Alabama...and that is it. Otherwise, I see very little difference in the two divisions....at least in terms of this last season.

I guess we could take this aspect of the discussion over to the College Board, but, stronger or not.....Garrett seemingly fared poorly against the so called stronger division.

If you can come up with figures that shows that Barnett got as many of his sacks against the cupcakes on his schedule as Garrett did...then we may have a discussion.

Or it's because of the 3 or 4 first round OTs the West has churned out in recent years compared to the East's 0....

Only one of those came from Alabama. But keep talking out your arse.

Taking two defensive ends is dumb.

But this is just Gip trying to hold out hope that we take his boy Trubisky at #1....which isn't going to happen.

No it certainly isn't. One of the latest mocks from an NFL network guy had only 2 QB's in the first round and none till like pick 18 or 19.

Barnett isn't explosive, isn't quick twitch, etc. Solomon is, but Garrett is even more so.

Solomon won't be there at 12, end of story I think. I believe it's Garrett, as much as I like

Trubisky.

But, if it were up to me.... New England is waiting for during the draft to see if they can get a high first round

pick from a dumb, needy team. Failing that, I think they will stop being asswholes, and trade Garopollo for the

Browns #33 pick, which gives them two picks at the bottom of the first round. They could do a lot with those.

Then the rest of the draft the Browns can find cb's/safties.

The big question is... will Williams think that he has the DL pieces already

With the 12 pick.... I'm looking at Howard, TE. and...

I'm looking at Gareon Conley, CB. Watching the combine, though I haven't seen all the

db's, Conley stands out in drills - he's really fluid on the loose hips drill whatever you call it.

Either one of those players will be outstanding for the Browns. But, I'm looking at a third

player.

Howard, best player. Conley, after a predicted run on cb's... bpa.

Remember when Eric Fisher, OT/G was drafted at the top of the draft, #1 overall?

Well, this draft is good at TE's... really deep at dbs.

I am looking at Forrest Lamp, OT/OG. Why not? this kid would be perfect, could fill in

at either tackle, start at OG, I think he could start at RT. He's very, very, very smart -

ranked in the top five in power - loves the game high character ,etc etc.

The trouble is, waiting for the end of the first round to find out if you get that trade...is so dumb it

will not happen.

So what DOES happen? I am not sure that the qb's will go in the top ten.

Garrett at one, Trubisky at 12, would make most Browns fans happy?

Or it's because of the 3 or 4 first round OTs the West has churned out in recent years compared to the East's 0....

Only one of those came from Alabama. But keep talking out your arse.

It is still NOT a counter as to why most of Garrett's sack production came against D-1AA level competition.

He didn't do so well against the "great" OTs of the SEC West. Well....apparently he didn't do so great against anyone that was not DII....SEC West/East....P5 non conf. competition, anyone.

If stats are all that matter, why even take Barnett? I believe all three of Ogbah, Nassib, and Orchard had more sacks than Barnett (and Garrett) in their final college seasons.

And for all we know...those 4 guys may in fact turn out to become better pros than Garrett.

We just don't know.

And this is my point: Taking Garrett is no less a risk than taking Trubisky...or Watson...or Barnett...or Allen...or anyone.

They all have the potential to succeed...and the potential to fail. Garrett just as much as any of the others.

So, to Quote Dennis Green: Crown his ass if you want. We won't know if he turns out to be Alfred the Great or Richard III for quite a while.

One of my favorite things is Gipper digging in his heels about a guy who is easily the top prospect in this draft.

In three years, this is going to be so much fun to revisit.

I am not even denying that he may perhaps be the top prospect in the draft.

As I said...it is not ME that gets personally affronted that others have a choice they believe in or that perhaps the guy that I want could end up a bust....history only proves that possibility.

It is these others that get offended that anyone would consider another option other than the guy they want...they guy they think walks on water.

If the Browns draft him....I hope he does walk on water. But...unlike these other fags....I fully understand the potential for sinkage. They apparently don't.

(again...Browns history demands that we consider the fallibility of our draft choices)

I am looking at Forrest Lamp, OT/OG. Why not? this kid would be perfect, could fill in at either tackle, start at OG, I think he could start at RT. He's very, very, very smart - ranked in the top five in power - loves the game high character ,etc etc.

... and he can reportedly play Center.

I am not even denying that he may perhaps be the top prospect in the draft.

As I said...it is not ME that gets personally affronted that others have a choice they believe in or that perhaps the guy that I want could end up a bust....history only proves that possibility.

It is these others that get offended that anyone would consider another option other than the guy they want...they guy they think walks on water.

If the Browns draft him....I hope he does walk on water. But...unlike these other fags....I fully understand the potential for sinkage. They apparently don't.

(again...Browns history demands that we consider the fallibility of our draft choices)

So you understand that Trubisky isn't that good and his potential for sinkage is much higher, then?

I was thinking QB....our top priority at #1. And sure, while it may be foolish to compare Barnett to White...well, we can dream.

We aren't taking a QB at #1 and we aren't passing on Garrett.

I doubt we take a QB at 12 unless it is part of a trade. I am thinking Nate Peterman with one of the 2nd rounders. A good looking prospect not many talk about.

I doubt we take a QB at 12 unless it is part of a trade. I am thinking Nate Peterman with one of the 2nd rounders. A good looking prospect not many talk about.

Only way we take a QB at 12 is if all the QB's fall to that point which is a possibility depending on how FA and any trades shape up in the next few weeks.

Peterman and Dobbs top my mid round wishlist. I think we'd err more toward Dobbs because Hue apparently enjoyed working with him and he's more athletically talented than Peterman, but I would be happy with either of the two.

I think we'd err more toward Dobbs because Hue apparently enjoyed working with him...

I think it was Riddick that was commenting on the Hue-Dobbs connection at the Sr. Bowl and the progress Dobbs made under Hue's tutelage through the week.

I think it was Riddick that was commenting on the Hue-Dobbs connection at the Sr. Bowl and the progress Dobbs made under Hue's tutelage through the week.

I can't shake the feeling he's the guy we have our eye on.

I'm going back and watching tape on him this week when I have some time. He checks every single box as far as size, intangibles, and athletic ability. Biggest concerns for me are his footwork and his ability to process reads - both of which seem to be general-consensus knocks on him. One can be fixed...while the other could be as well.

If the guy is anything, it's smart.

So you understand that Trubisky isn't that good and his potential for sinkage is much higher, then?

No, are you dyslexic? Trub is better than any prospect in this draft.....and his potential for sinkage level is the same as anyone else in the draft.

It is just a fact though that ANY high 1st round draft pick that goes bust, particularly a QB is perceived to have been a greater disaster than players at other positions....because they are a QB.

And I suspect YOU know that. You just want to be querulous about it.

And why....considering that a QB IS the #1 priority...the #1 biggest hole this team has?

If the Browns do pass on a QB in round one, yes, it makes sense that they may take someone that Hue has worked with before, if even just at Senior Bowl practices.

No, are you dyslexic? Trub is better than any prospect in this draft.....and his potential for sinkage level is the same as anyone else in the draft.

It is just a fact though that ANY high 1st round draft pick that goes bust, particularly a QB is perceived to have been a greater disaster than players at other positions....because they are a QB.

And I suspect YOU know that. You just want to be querulous about it.

Except he's not and its really not even close.

Except he's not and its really not even close.

Yes... he is not, by most consensus the best PROSPECT, in the draft. But that is the key word: prospect.

The question is what will these guys do when it comes to actual NFL performance.

Whatever you claim is Purely an opinion. Call us in 5 years.

Yes... he is not, by most consensus the best PROSPECT, in the draft. But that is the key word: prospect.

The question is what will these guys do when it comes to actual NFL performance.

I'm not sure he can be considered the best QB prospect in the draft when the mock drafts have either Watson, Triblowski, and/or Kizer as the top QB taken. There is no consensus at all. The experts, who get paid to study this stuff, are all over the board with which one is the best. Hes one of the top 3 prospects coming out this year, every one has strengths and weaknesses. If any of them are there at 12 and we take one I wouldn't be disappointed but the Browns are not passing on Garrett at #1.

And what you claim is also an opinion...and a shitty one at that.

You can huff and puff and pivot and dig your feet in all you want - Trubisky is a worse prospect than Garrett and we will not be selecting him at #1. But, by all means, continue to create a bunch of useless threads talking about taking different DE's at #12 and convince yourself you're starting logical conversation and not just backdoor pining over a guy that you wouldn't give two fucks about if he weren't from right down the road.

I'm not sure he can be considered the best QB prospect in the draft when the mock drafts have either Watson, Triblowski, and/or Kizer as the top QB taken. There is no consensus at all. The experts, who get paid to study this stuff, are all over the board with which one is the best. Hes one of the top 3 prospects coming out this year, every one has strengths and weaknesses. If any of them are there at 12 and we take one I wouldn't be disappointed but the Browns are not passing on Garrett at #1.

You think these "experts" are infallible? Nope, lots and lots of Sure Things never go to be the Nicolette Sheridan's they were supposed to be. They didn't "put out" as expected.

3.jpg

Archived