THE BROWNS BOARD

We're going to sign a big name DB/Safety in the next couple days

DKAllDay

According to Jason Lloyd, (Browns insider) we have a deal ready to be signed with a solid/big name DB or Safety.

Said Browns are likely to announce the signing in the next couple days.

Rumors are swirling that we're going to get Trumaine Johnson from the Rams

According to Jason Lloyd, (Browns insider) we have a deal ready to be signed with a solid/big name DB or Safety.

Or Cyprien?

Is T.J. McDonald really that big a name?

Who said it's gonna be him? We really don't know. We can speculate. I really hope it's AJ Bouye

I took a shot... ;)

TJ seems like the kind of value FA I still expect us to go after once again this year. Plus there's the whole Rams connection thing...

I took a shot... ;)

TJ seems like the kind of value FA I still expect us to go after once again this year. Plus there's the whole Rams connection thing...

did we not have a rams fan in here where you posted a rams writer projecting McDonald & Logan to us?

I took a shot... ;)

I can see that. Doubt we land a big FA because who'd want to come here. It'd likely be a guy who is rising and can cement his status as a star as a Brown

Wouldn't we have to trade for Johnson because the Rams franchise tagged him last week.

Wouldn't we have to trade for Johnson because the Rams franchise tagged him last week.

Yes, and the Rams would probably want at least one of our second round picks. And with the tag, he's going to want Joe Haden money.

Again, I have to say that trading high picks for a tagged player may be the stupidest thing any franchise can do.

did we not have a rams fan in here where you posted a rams writer projecting McDonald & Logan to us?

I believe you are thinking about an article I posted of one writer's take on the FA market for all 32 teams.

McD and Logan were 2 of the 4 FA signings he saw for us. I forget the other two. Anyway the general take was that he made a lot of sense league wide.

He also saw us resigning TP and Paz.

Why? Is it your money that is being spent?

Not directly but to really turn the organization around there needs to be a patient plan and adding big ticket free agents in year 2, after 1-15, isn't the best call. Also the rules, and how they are being applied, don't support DBs. Lately DBs have been signing big money deals and fading away.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-5-worst-nfl-cornerback-contracts/

Would like to see Jefferson of all those names. Been high on him for a few years.

i'd assume Tyvis Powell moves to FS?

Likely the plan from the start. I don't recall him ever playing SS.

tell that to ourlads. depth chart has Powell as #2 SS. thought that sounded backwards.thanks

Archived