THE BROWNS BOARD

We're going to sign a big name DB/Safety in the next couple days

DKAllDay

We cannot attract decent players because we are a dysfunctional mess .....I bet we will still have $100m to spend this time next week

It's sounding like Cyprien and Zeitler will be Browns Thursday. Possibly Jefferson instead of Cyp

Would really impact my... I mean... our draft plan...

Third safety - big nickel, most likely.

Yeah... Tyvis as our hybrid back...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000791685/article/tony-jefferson-expected-to-sign-with-baltimore-ravens

Indeed. We offered him more money, too. Guess money is only gonna talk for some people (unfortunately not the kind of players I want coming here)

Reportedly Jefferson was intrigued with thought of playing beside Weddle...

At least folks can't say we did not try....

Unfortunately 1-15 is going to turn off a lot of people. Pretty sure Jefferson isn't the only FA we lost out on to another team.

And it did not help that those other teams can point to several sources that gave the Browns a poor draft grade last year as well. Would you in all honesty want to play for Cleveland if you had no prior ties to NE Ohio or the Browns? And if they were feeding some of the FA defenders the same BS we hear about still going through the draft process rather than, "We're drafting a superfreak and several other top defensive players to make your team special." Well, I wouldn't commit to them either if they won't make me fell like I'd be on one of the best young defenses ever created. You have to remember all these guys are not far removed from that whole college recruiting process that makes them feel it will be special. Exactly what are we doing that follows that path in "recruiting" for the Browns? Are we getting our DC, OC & HC involved in talking with them or are we just letting the uninspiring brainiacs do the talking?

And it did not help that those other teams can point to several sources that gave the Browns a poor draft grade last year as well. Would you in all honesty want to play for Cleveland if you had no prior ties to NE Ohio or the Browns? And if they were feeding some of the FA defenders the same BS we hear about still going through the draft process rather than, "We're drafting a superfreak and several other top defensive players to make your team special." Well, I wouldn't commit to them either if they won't make me fell like I'd be on one of the best young defenses ever created. You have to remember all these guys are not far removed from that whole college recruiting process that makes them feel it will be special. Exactly what are we doing that follows that path in "recruiting" for the Browns? Are we getting our DC, OC & HC involved in talking with them or are we just letting the uninspiring brainiacs do the talking?

From what I read, the Browns had the team veterans trying to convince the FAs to come to Cleveland. Don't know if the coaching staff was involved as well.

Losing Jefferson to the Ravens hurts so badly. Hurts more that we allegedly offered more money, and we STILL couldn't get him. We want to build through the draft, not through free agency, but that doesn't mean we can totally fail when it comes to bringing in SOME proven talent. It's very early, and I'm not panicking, but this one hurts. Hopefully we can snag Cyprien. He's not "world beater", but he's an instant upgrade. I'm not holding my breath for Zeitler, as he's asking for a BUNCH OF MONEY, and I don't see us paying that amount for a Guard.

Losing Jefferson to the Ravens hurts so badly. Hurts more that we allegedly offered more money, and we STILL couldn't get him. We want to build through the draft, not through free agency, but that doesn't mean we can totally fail when it comes to bringing in SOME proven talent. It's very early, and I'm not panicking, but this one hurts. Hopefully we can snag Cyprien. He's not "world beater", but he's an instant upgrade. I'm not holding my breath for Zeitler, as he's asking for a BUNCH OF MONEY, and I don't see us paying that amount for a Guard.

The latest report is that we're actually offering him a bunch of money. So much so that he can't say no. Something to the tune of 12m/yr.

The latest report is that we're actually offering him a bunch of money. So much so that he can't say no. Something to the tune of 12m/yr.

That plus Joe ought to be enough...

Well I think it helps the Ravens secondary but hurts the team overall. They have little cap room and spent probably about half of what they had on Jefferson money they could have spent on their RT. This is a deep DB class they should have focused on getting safety help in the draft. I think having a hole a RT with statuesque Flacco seems more palatable to me.

The Browns are going to have to significantly overpay to get any of the top FAs, and even then (as we're currently seeing) it might not be enough to entice a player to jump into the dumpster.

They saddled this 1-15 pony, now they're gonna ride it.

This is the other area I wanted to see the Browns invest in, along with their offensive line. I know the draft is supposed to be heavy with defensive backs, but they seem to so rarely make an impact in their rookie seasons.

O-Line is fixed. If we can nab a safety here and re-sign Pryor and/or trade for Garropolo, I'm all set for the draft.

CBS sports radio just said the Browns could be about to get a deal done for Trumaine Johnson .... nothing mentioned on TV tho

CBS sports radio just said the Browns could be about to get a deal done for Trumaine Johnson .... nothing mentioned on TV tho

Holy fuck... :o

Who was it that said they couldn't get more erect?

Archived