THE BROWNS BOARD

JC Tretter - Center, Packers

gftChris

Seems like he's our new starting center

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2017/3/9/14869496/report-browns-will-sign-c-j-c-tretter-working-on-bitonio-extension

With a new deal for Bitonio, a new Center, possibly a new guard in Zeitler, things could be OK. Add to that, Bears signing Mike Glennon for many millions means probably one fewer player in the QB drafting market, it could be a good offseason for us.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/03/cleveland_browns_extending_joe.html

Not to toot my own horn, but on March 1st I predicted the following:

-Browns will sign Kenny Britt

-Browns will sign JC Tretter

Those have come to pass. My other predictions were:

-Zeitler, Guard

-A.J. Bouye, CB

-T.J. McDonald

I'll just get my draft predictions out here now:

Myles Garrett (duh), Davis Webb, Obi Melifonwu, and one of Gerald Everett/EvenEngram/Adam Shaheen.

I think Tretter means no dice for Zietler, that would be four highly paid guys on the OL?

I think it's probably a pre-season battle between Cam and Coleman for the RT spot

I could still see us being in the Zeitler competition. We may invest heavily in the OL and try to develop a QB behind a wall of an offensive line a la Dallas and Oakland.

Which points even further toward us taking a guy like Dobbs or Peterman this year IMO

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/03/cleveland_browns_extending_joe.html

Not to toot my own horn, but on March 1st I predicted the following:

-Browns will sign Kenny Britt

-Browns will sign JC Tretter

Those have come to pass. My other predictions were:

-Zeitler, Guard

-A.J. Bouye, CB

-T.J. McDonald

I'll just get my draft predictions out here now:

Myles Garrett (duh), Davis Webb, Obi Melifonwu, and one of Gerald Everett/EvenEngram/Adam Shaheen.

Nicely done.... (so far) ;)

I think Tretter means no dice for Zietler, that would be four highly paid guys on the OL?

I think it's probably a pre-season battle between Cam and Coleman for the RT spot

I'm not sure that Tretter will be so highly paid as people expect. Remember, he's only started 10 games in his career. He gets injured a lot, but he is versatile.

Can't see us seriously getting Zeitler now. But that's ok...center was a mess last year, and now it's not. And Austin Reiter could be a nice backup option.

Center was the glaring weakness on the OL and this would hopefully take care of it. A guard would be nice but Greco is no slouch. A tackle would be nice but between Coleman and Erving (and I doubt Pasztor gets signed on day one of free agency) we'll be ok there.

I would still like a T to compete with Erving. I don't like us essentially handing over the keys to him...which is what we're doing if we don't resign Paz.

Shon Coleman definitely will compete....and maybe Drango. I expect Coleman to start performing well now in his second year. Remember how the Schwartz was considered perhaps a bad pick after his rookie year...but came on in year 2? I expect/hope the same for both Coleman and Drango.

Remember....Coleman and Drango are this FO's "guys". Erving is not. Erving has a much, much shorter leash.

Would not be surprised to see him dumped....if not soon...perhaps even cut in training camp.

I could still see us being in the Zeitler competition. We may invest heavily in the OL and try to develop a QB behind a wall of an offensive line a la Dallas and Oakland.

Which points even further toward us taking a guy like Dobbs or Peterman this year IMO

Nope....they would not make that investment into the OL for an afterthought. If they do go Garrett at 1...that #12 would be a QB I think.

I'm not sure that Tretter will be so highly paid as people expect. Remember, he's only started 10 games in his career. He gets injured a lot, but he is versatile.

Is he really any good? 10 games? He may be an upgrade from Erving....what about from Reiter?

Could they still go for an OC in like the 3rd round?

Don't be surprised.

Shon Coleman definitely will compete....and maybe Drango. I expect Coleman to start performing well now in his second year. Remember how the Schwartz was considered perhaps a bad pick after his rookie year...but came on in year 2? I expect/hope the same for both Coleman and Drango.

Remember....Coleman and Drango are this FO's "guys". Erving is not. Erving has a much, much shorter leash.

Would not be surprised to see him dumped....if not soon...perhaps even cut in training camp.

Coleman really needed a year to bulk up a bit more, if he has done that he should be able to become a solid contributor.

Is he really any good? 10 games? He may be an upgrade from Erving....what about from Reiter?

Could they still go for an OC in like the 3rd round?

Don't be surprised.

I believe he's ranked as a top-10 center when he's playing.

I predict a 1st round knock-out...

Tretter? Nice piece, but nothing to get to excited about. I think the starting Center battle will be closer than the RT one. Don't forget Fabiano...

Even without signing Zeitler I now have to wonder about Greco's future with us.

Coleman really needed a year to bulk up a bit more, if he has done that he should be able to become a solid contributor.

My buddy is dyed in the wool Auburn freak... Has oohed and ahhed about Coleman since the day we drafted him. Kid has a BIG rep in Alabama. Tide went for him HARD.

No reason to get snarky...

In related(?) news...

We just claimed a Center off Waivers from SF...

Another Browns OL move: the team has claimed former 49ers C Marcus Martin off of waivers, per source.

No reason to get snarky...

In related(?) news...

We just claimed a Center off Waivers from SF...

Another Browns OL move: the team has claimed former 49ers C Marcus Martin off of waivers, per source.

Tour:

https://youtu.be/stdi-1tIUhM?t=9s

Never watched that show, Ag...

But turns out our other new Center is out of USC and was NFLDraftScout's #1 Center in the 2014 Draft Class.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=119877&draftyear=2014&genpos=C

Never watched that show, Ag...

But turns out our other new Center is out of USC and was NFLDraftScout's #1 Center in the 2014 Draft Class.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=119877&draftyear=2014&genpos=C

Did some reading about him. He sounds an awful lot like Erving but the Browns have nothing in the guy. Kick the tires.

All of these OL signings are good news. Plenty of competition at Center. The Guard position is improved. Greco can now heal properly and backup Guard and Center. Erving is gonna have to be a respectable RT or he's gonna be another 1st round pick casualty. (Erving not tied to this regime, obviously)

Archived