THE BROWNS BOARD

JC Tretter - Center, Packers

gftChris

Yup... Greco to the PUP list seems a likely "stash". As a true OG/OT swingman, Drango looks to be the safest non-starter.

Resolving our OT depth is going to be interesting.

Article on Tretter and Zeitler with a bunch of gif highlights... and some really bad "analysis".

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/03/kevin_zeitler_jc_tretter_cleve.html

Never saw Tretter drive block and only one example of him anchoring... and in that one instance I really am not sure the NT was giving his all. Did see him hold... twice...

The guy looks quick and agile just as a ZBS Center should for a ZBS team, which the Packers are, but we're a power run game team, so we shall see.

Zeitler? No brainer... although I've no idea what he and the OT were doing on their pull left. It almost looked like Zeit handed off the CB by design... weird..

...center was a mess last year, and now it's not. And Austin Reiter could be a nice backup option.

Yep....nice add......though, I thought Reiter was the answer....

Tretter? Nice piece, but nothing to get to excited about. I think the starting Center battle will be closer than the RT one. Don't forget Fabiano...

Reiters the guy.....wait, it's Tretter.....and now Fabiano????

No reason to get snarky...

We just claimed a Center off Waivers from SF...

Another Browns OL move: the team has claimed former 49ers C Marcus Martin off of waivers, per source.

HA!....I now love snarky......;)

and now we claim ANOTHER center????......which makes 4?.....the WR's are jealous......

So Reiter obviously isnt the guy......or else why add 3 more?......

It's good to see them trying.......I admit that....but, like the WR thing last year, it sometimes feels like these guys dont trust their own judgement, and therefore, collect as much shit as possible to throw at that big wall down in Berea....

Reiters the guy.....wait, it's Tretter.....and now Fabiano???? and now we claim ANOTHER center????......which makes 4?.....the WR's are jealous......

It's good to see them trying.......I admit that....but, like the WR thing last year, it sometimes feels like these guys dont trust their own judgement, and therefore, collect as much shit as possible to throw at that big wall down in Berea...

Pretty sure no one said anyone was "the guy" at Center. Some, including me, have said that both Reiter and Fabs looked promising in limited auditions. Good enough that with Greco coming back a Center was not a top priority.

Depending on how you want to look at it, a case can be made our FO agreed or disagreed with the above. While they were not comfortable standing pat (disagreed) the cost of signing Tretter was modest so it's not as if he was highly recruited (agreed). It could also be that Greco is not rehabbing as well as hoped and is heading towards the PUP list, in which case we have room for one more.

While I'd think we can safely pencil in Tretter as of now at #1 Center, it looks like at least a 2-way competition to me... and maybe a 3-way.

As for the waiver signing? Who knows? Perhaps we weren't the only one interested, or a team has asked about Reiter or Fabs.

After all, we don't have a pick in the 7th round... and this is a pretty weak OL draft.

Pretty sure no one said anyone was "the guy" at Center.

Some have.....but thats Ok, cause I didnt believe em....

Like I said....no issues with the signings......4 new FA o-linemen is 4 better than last year.....so Ill take it...love it....keep it up...

I hope they go sign 12 new OLB's too.....lets keep the acquisition train rolling....safeties anyone??

Yep....nice add......though, I thought Reiter was the answer....

Reiters the guy.....wait, it's Tretter.....and now Fabiano????

HA!....I now love snarky...... ;)

and now we claim ANOTHER center????......which makes 4?.....the WR's are jealous......

It's good to see them trying.......I admit that....but, like the WR thing last year, it sometimes feels like these guys dont trust their own judgement, and therefore, collect as much shit as possible to throw at that big wall down in Berea....

Do you really love snarky or mud wrestling in the mosh pit? I saw you busting your buddy Flugel's balls with the Reiter comments you instigator and it sent a mouth full of hot coffee through my nostrils.

You're going to be real proud of me so brace yourself. Tretter is also coming off a season ending knee injury that required reconstructive surgery like Reiter did. And when Corey Linsley took back over the Center position, shortly thereafter GB's offense began to heat up whether it's just a coincidence or not. So, I'm going to hold off on prematurely calling this an upgrade over Reiter or Fabiano (above and beyond just starting experience). I'll take the depth improvement but I hope we don't race Greco out of town just yet. If healthy - Thomas,Bitonio,Greco,Zeitler,Coleman seems like a nice idea on paper. If memory serves me right, Greco was an OT in college if Fabs/Reiter/Tretter can take over at Center and Coleman needs more time or fails.

We shall see...

I am pretty sure we all said Cam is not the guy... so we can rally around that.

Some of us just said it a helluva lot sooner than others... B)

Interesting article on how Tretter's contract with the Browns works:

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2017/3/12/14903842/breakdown-of-c-j-c-tretters-contract-with-the-browns

The escalator clause is interesting...

According to Pro Football Talk, there is an annual $500,000 escalator available in Tretter’s contract that is tied to playing time.

Archived