THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns trade for BROCK OSWEILER

LondonBrown

Choco, meet baconhound...

Can't speak to that, took a break for a while. I understand where he's coming from, but I don't want the past to prevent fans from the enjoyment of what could be building here. Reserved skepticism, if you will.

Sounds like I'm holding a torch for this FO...Maybe I am. Only competent, unified guys I've ever seen in this FO.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like I'm holding a torch for this FO...Maybe I am.

If you get tired, I'll be happy to spell you for a while.

If you get tired, I'll be happy to spell you for a while.

Can't speak to that, took a break for a while. I understand where he's coming from, but I don't want the past to prevent fans from the enjoyment of what could be building here. Reserved skepticism, if you will.

Sounds like I'm holding a torch for this FO...Maybe I am. Only competent, unified guys I've ever seen in this FO.

I can be a negative bastard and I want to be on board but it's been so long since we've had a glimmer. Sheesh I had more life during the Holcomb/Anderson era than I do now. I hope I'm 100% wrong because that means the team is successful and that's what we all want.

Amen!

Mike

only cuz sashi is sexy in your eyes. if he were rob ryan lookin mfer you'd be crying for his head. let's give it 8 weeks into the season. i got a six pack saying you'll be exposed as a dumbass cuz you'll be screaming to fire everyone when they've only won 2 games. tick fucking tock.

flaming homosexual.

So back to the original question on Brockles, what are we going to do with him if we can't trade him? That seems to be the case so far so now what?

Cut him. I hate to say it but teams with a QB competition are rarely successful. I'm not a 100% sold on Kessler but I'm 95% sure it has to suck being an NFL QB knowing the stadium will turn on you from start to start. If Osweiler is on the roster and we start 1-4 and Kessler is struggling it will be Osweiler, then Kessler, then Osweiler.

So back to the original question on Brockles, what are we going to do with him if we can't trade him? That seems to be the case so far so now what?

News is News..NFL.com-Brockles spent Saturday in a charity Flag Football Tourney at Arizona Cardinals Facility.A benefit to former QB Kurt Warner-1st things 1st Foundation...Well 1st thing-C.Palmer is 37..2nd-- they have no back-up QB plan..3rd-Oss played at Zona State..4th--Both QB's would be 6'5" ;) ...Let's Make a Deal?..Zona has 34M in cap space. Paying back-up Drew fudging Stanton who's age 32 about 3.2M. We pay 11M they pay 5M..or match Drews 3.2M and get this done with the 2nd rounder in pocket..

News is News..NFL.com-Brockles spent Saturday in a charity Flag Football Tourney at Arizona Cardinals Facility.A benefit to former QB Kurt Warner-1st things 1st Foundation...Well 1st thing-C.Palmer is 37..2nd-- they have no back-up QB plan..3rd-Oss played at Zona State..4th--Both QB's would be 6'5" ;) ...Let's Make a Deal?

More likely that was arranged many months in advance, possibly before the fall from grace. Sometimes tea leaves are just tea leaves.

So is it safe to say you've stopped walking from station to station and have jumped on the train? See the glass half full?

Jesus, war... you part elephant or something? I'd forgotten about that stroll.

Still walking down the tracks... still ahead of the train. Been a long time since I've even heard a whistle.

The glass? It was half-full... but I got thirsty.

only cuz sashi is sexy in your eyes. if he were rob ryan lookin mfer you'd be crying for his head. let's give it 8 weeks into the season. i got a six pack saying you'll be exposed as a dumbass cuz you'll be screaming to fire everyone when they've only won 2 games. tick fucking tock.

flaming homosexual.

Seems like every time I respond to you, your anxiety is in danger of breaking your fingers​ on the keyboard.

Imma just leave ya be mik.

Seems like every time I respond to you, your anxiety is in danger of breaking your fingers​ on the keyboard.

Imma just leave ya be mik.

Lol. Just checkin to see if ur still breathing.

God i miss ghoolie...

Actually LOVE the moves this FO has made in FA so far. Just weary as this franchise has broken my heart before. It'd be great if the browns were world beaters this year think it's not gonna happen so fast.

Lol. Just checkin to see if ur still breathing.

God i miss ghoolie...

Actually LOVE the moves this FO has made in FA so far. Just weary as this franchise has broken my heart before. It'd be great if the browns were world beaters this year think it's not gonna happen so fast.

Uh oh, I'm beginning the hear a little off season August optimism creeping in here. :D

On Mad Dog sports radio they had some NFL guys on who believe that Browns can be a playoff team in a couple of years.

Have the BROWNS hit 22 draft picks yet? :huh:

.....really think about it with 22 picks they could theoretically pick a whole new offense 11 plus a defensive 11. But seriously they do have some QB options in this relatively weak QB class.

BROWNS potential playoff team? Hmmmmm why do I think that every April. :):(

Jesus, war... you part elephant or something? I'd forgotten about that stroll.

Still walking down the tracks... still ahead of the train. Been a long time since I've even heard a whistle.

The glass? It was half-full... but I got thirsty.

Lol I remember good analogies. Unfortunately, I don't understand either of your new ones.

amazing how bad a DC can make a team....and how a DC can turn good players into crap......we hear about it year after year here.....

Ray Horton was the Walking Dead in Cleveland...... I'm personally glad he's the fuck out.

Ray Horton was the Walking Dead in Cleveland...... I'm personally glad he's the fuck out.

Twice......which just makes it 2x as bad....eh?

Ha!

This is why my head constantly shakes.....history repeating......and fans nodding along.....calling it progress....

Could've fooled me... in fact, you did.

The Browns are not making the playoffs this year. Maybe next year we backdoor our way in but that will be the earliest.

That's a reasonable take...

Lol I remember good analogies. Unfortunately, I don't understand either of your new ones.

Then my work here is done... if not finished...

Well if cody is our starter and has improved confidence and better line play and if our defense takes the step foward i think it will under williams we could make the playoffs. Horton was soooooo bad last year it was difficult to judge our defensive players

Why do this to yourself? You were the first one to call for Hue's head and now you're saying we can make the playoffs this year. Okie dokie...

On Mad Dog sports radio they had some NFL guys on who believe that Browns can be a playoff team in a couple of years.

Yes...I have said that. If last year's draft class improves...and this year's class hit well (better than in the 17 previous years)...and with our few key FA pickups....it can happen. Maybe challenge for a spot as early as 2018. QB is...of course, the key.

Plus...sorry...the other teams in the AFCN are a lot weaker than they have been for the last decade...imo.

Yes...I have said that. If last year's draft class improves...and this year's class hit well (better than in the 17 previous years)...and with our few key FA pickups....it can happen. Maybe challenge for a spot as early as 2018. QB is...of course, the key.

Plus...sorry...the other teams in the AFCN are a lot weaker than they have been for the last decade...imo.

Semi bold prediction Gip. the Browns will not be in the AFCN basement this year. That spot is reserved for the Bengals. The defense is getting old, the line is decimated with the loss of Withworth and Zeitler, (with no backuup plan) running game is going south, and if AJ Green gets hurt they could be as bad as the Brow were last year.

Don't be surprised to see them take an OT with their first pick.

Why do this to yourself? You were the first one to call for Hue's head and now you're saying we can make the playoffs this year. Okie dokie...

No... I was the first one to call for Ray Hortons Head... approximately the day or day after he was brought on by Hue.

and now we have an almost co-coaching situation with Gregg Williams and Hue Jackson. Besides most if not all the changes I wanted to have made with the exception of hiring an actual O Coordinator Happened at the conclusion of the season.

If Hue said "if Horton is fired than so am i because were a team" he too would have gotten the axe. This past year hopefully was a completely humbling experience for Hue and I'm sure he realized that he only barely kept his job this year and needs too Improve. More than 50% of the Coaching staff from last year have been released as well.

Archived