THE BROWNS BOARD

Aj mccarron

Russell78

cvcenedy---Don't blame me. I just posted an update of what Mike Brown said at the owners meeting, and there's probably more football related content in that single post than Gipper contributes in a year. As for the fighting, it's almost impossible to make me mad and as a result I'll happily respond to any insult tossed in my direction.

jiggins---Mike Brown confirmed he'll demand a kings ransom if trading within the division but who can blame him for that? As far as I can tell the only people who seem to think the Browns won't have to overpay for Garappolo or McCarron are delusional Browns fans with more pride than sense. That said, I'm guessing nothing crazy is coming. Because the cheap thing to do is to stay put and draft another version of Kessler/Manziel/Weedon/Quinn and hope for better results in two or three years.

London---Exactly. Trading for an expensive veteran QB who could win 4 games more than a rookie is just bad business.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cvcenedy---Don't blame me. I just posted an update of what Mike Brown said at the owners meeting, and there's probably more football related content in that single post than Gipper contributes in a year. As for the fighting, it's almost impossible to make me mad and as a result I'll happily respond to any insult tossed in my direction.

The next real football related content you post will be the first football related content you post.

And you must not read anything on this board that does not directly relate to your own delusions...or else you would know all about the voluminous amount of football facts and content that I put on here.

Really. You should.

jiggins---Mike Brown confirmed he'll demand a kings ransom if trading within the division but who can blame him for that? As far as I can tell the only people who seem to think the Browns won't have to overpay for Garappolo or McCarron are delusional Browns fans with more pride than sense. That said, I'm guessing nothing crazy is coming. Because the cheap thing to do is to stay put and draft another version of Kessler/Manziel/Weedon/Quinn and hope for better results in two or three years.

Again, prove it. Provide the link. If Mike Brown did an interview it would have to have been videotaped or recorded.

London---Exactly. Trading for an expensive veteran QB who could win 4 games more than a rookie is just bad business.

Gipper---You're still mad, aren't you?

No, never was. I just have not yet gotten even.

Though, in actuality, perhaps I should just take pity on you. You are so pitiable.

I suspect that the "getting even" part will occur when the Browns...as bad as you think they are, actually prove to be a better team than the Bengals will be this fall. You lost your whole offensive line practically....and the best one came to the Browns. Your QB is hardly any better, if at all, than Brock Osweiler. You let go of the heart and soul of your defense.

Do you still have those idiots in your DB that caused you to lose that playoff game vs. Pitt.

What do you got left? AJ Green. Ok, that's about it.

Gipper---Congrats. You've morphed from being a liar who shouts pussy and cunt to one who uses a thesaurus to hide your stupidity.

No. Unlike you, I have had a decent education. I have a graduate level vocabulary....but such level of knowledge would be lost on you, ergo the cunt/pussy language. You know. Something you could possibly understand.

Its just that occasionally I forget who I am dealing with and actually speak at my own level rather than stoop to yours.

The next real football related content you post will be the first football related content you post.

And you must not read anything on this board that does not directly relate to your own delusions...or else you would know all about the voluminous amount of football facts and content that I put on here.

Really. You should.

Again, prove it. Provide the link. If Mike Brown did an interview it would have to have been videotaped or recorded.

I actually wasn't really taking a shot at you, I'm an active reader of the board and actually a pretty big fan of yours, I like the trivia. I was just referencing that at this time of year when I see a new post in a thread about a player and click I'm hoping for a new development or something, but often just see people calling each other fags or something. It's a forum, its what I should expect sometimes, I also just really love this site as a news forum more than the Espn's of the world, that's all. Didn't mean to rile you up, no need to flex your post count muscle, you are the alpha, I get it.

I'm looking forward to the time in the football year we see a lot of news and action versus rabbit holes, that's all I was stating. All fine.

I actually wasn't really taking a shot at you, I'm an active reader of the board and actually a pretty big fan of yours, I like the trivia. I was just referencing that at this time of year when I see a new post in a thread about a player and click I'm hoping for a new development or something, but often just see people calling each other fags or something. It's a forum, its what I should expect sometimes, I also just really love this site as a news forum more than the Espn's of the world, that's all. Didn't mean to rile you up, no need to flex your post count muscle, you are the alpha, I get it.

I'm looking forward to the time in the football year we see a lot of news and action versus rabbit holes, that's all I was stating. All fine.

Free Agency has slowed down.....Draft fatigue has set in. That pretty much sums it up.

And I am not the Alpha, I am the Gamma.

The ideal is the Gamma Male. Not often talked about, but they are out there. Usually a Gamma is an Alpha Male that “grew up” and toned down the antics slightly and started being socially conscious and more of a team player.

Gipper the Gamma.

Free Agency has slowed down.....Draft fatigue has set in. That pretty much sums it up.

And I am not the Alpha, I am the Gamma.

The ideal is the Gamma Male. Not often talked about, but they are out there. Usually a Gamma is an Alpha Male that “grew up” and toned down the antics slightly and started being socially conscious and more of a team player.

Gipper the Gamma.

Keep telling yourself that, pal.

hoorta---I respectfully decline your invitation to speak to Gipper using PM.

cvcenedy---Yes, we all love trivia.

TCPO---I suspect Gipper doesn't know what he's saying. Again. Here's one definition of a Gamma male.

"You are the invisible male. There is nothing spectacular or noteworthy about you. You are neither Alpa or Beta. Your personality and presence usually blend into the room. You're just sort of there. People like you are fine and usually don't have trouble with girls, but there is nothing memorable about you. You are not a born leader nor an inherent follower, but you can adapt to either role depending upon circumstances."

hoorta---I respectfully decline your invitation to speak to Gipper using PM.

cvcenedy---Yes, we all love trivia.

TCPO---I suspect Gipper doesn't know what he's saying. Again. Here's one definition of a Gamma male.

"You are the invisible male. There is nothing spectacular or noteworthy about you. You are neither Alpa or Beta. Your personality and presence usually blend into the room. You're just sort of there. People like you are fine and usually don't have trouble with girls, but there is nothing memorable about you. You are not a born leader nor an inherent follower, but you can adapt to either role depending upon circumstances."

This is a case of transference. You are applying characteristics that you make up of yourself and apply it to others. It is a sign of insecurity and weakness.

But,actually, you know who it describes? Your Quarterback.

Face it: there is nothing memorable about that guy.. I put all of the following QBs ahead of him:

Russell Wilson

Derek Carr

Phillip Rivers

Carson Palmer

Dak Prescott

Alex Smith

Drew Brees

Aaron Rodgers

Andrew Luck

Matt Stafford

Marcus Mariota

Matty Ryan

Jamies Winston

Cam Newton

Kirk Cousins

Joe Flacco

Ben Roethlisberger

Eli Manning

Tom Brady

He sits in a below mediocre group with the likes of Sam Bradford, Blake Bortles, Ryan Tannehill, Tyrod Taylor. And Carson Wentz is still unproven...but could exceed him.

So, that means basically that your boy is definitely in the lower third of QBs in this league.

But, Congratulations, at least you have the privilege of knowing that he may be better than the QBs that play for the 49ers, Broncos, Texans, Rams, Bears, and Browns.

But, of course, that could change. Goff could prove his worth as the #1 pick. Glennon may come on given the chance to start. 49ers and Browns may draft guys that prove better. Lynch may live up to Ghoolie's expectations.

And there your boy would be, practically sucking hind tit.

Gipper---You talk about transference and then immediately try to change the subject, probably because you don't have a clue about Gamma males or anything else. Perhaps you really should stick to trivia? A man's got to know his limitations, right? BTW, where do Quinn, Weedon, Manzeil, RG3, and Kessler rank on you list of mediocre QBs? Also, how painful was it to use the names of Carson Wentz and Dak Prescott in your rant?

Gipper---You talk about transference and then immediately try to change the subject, probably because you don't have a clue about Gamma males or anything else.

I chose Gamma because it begins with a G. Like Gipper. Don't be a Sphincter and read something into anything that isn't there. (Well, I guess you can't help but be a sphincter.

Perhaps you really should stick to trivia? A man's got to know his limitations, right?

You are too ignorant to even try the trivia. And if I were you I would be careful about what advice you give, after all, your limitations are limitless.

BTW, where do Quinn, Weedon, Manzeil, RG3, and Kessler rank on you list of mediocre QBs? Also, how painful was it to use the names of Carson Wentz and Dak Prescott in your rant?

Now who is trying to change the subject? "My QB sucks, but your QBs have sucked worse". No Shit Sherlock. Did you see me putting any Browns QBs on the list of those better than Dalton? There were like 25 names...but none were Browns. It was my list.

And no, it is not painful at all about Wentz or Presscott. I didn't want Wentz. For that #2 pick I wanted Bosa. As for Prescott, well, every team passed on him 3-4 times, so that is a matter that reflects on every NFL team, not just the Browns. In hindsight you can say he would have been preferable to the Kessler pick....just like you can say that Brady would have been a better pick than Spergon Wynn. But if Prescott were to have come here, I am not sure that he would have fared any better than Kessler. The team around him would have been far different.

Gipper---Of course you didn't rank any Browns QB ahead of Dalton. Stupidity has it's limits even on this board. As for you preferring Bosa over Wentz, well....you didn't get either one. Well played, I guess. As for Dak Prescott, your team didn't just pass on him again and again. You actually drafted Cody Kessler instead of Prescott. So again, well played. Sashi certainly has an eye for QB talent, doesn't he? I can't wait to see which QB he overdrafts at #12.

Gipper---Of course you didn't rank any Browns QB ahead of Dalton. Stupidity has it's limits even on this board.

No, not really. YOU are the example of that.

As for you preferring Bosa over Wentz, well....you didn't get either one. Well played, I guess.

FYI, I am not a member of the Browns FO, nor do I control it. Even if I did, I would have passed on Wentz.

As for Dak Prescott, your team didn't just pass on him again and again. You actually drafted Cody Kessler instead of Prescott.

And, for all we know, if Prescott had been drafted by the Browns and Kessler by the Cowboys, given the strengths of the team behind them, Prescott may have been 0-8, and Kessler may have had a very good record.

So again, well played. Sashi certainly has an eye for QB talent, doesn't he? I can't wait to see which QB he overdrafts at #12.

Well, I suggest the next time you post on here that it be after that choice has been made. You seem to have nothing else to contribute otherwise.

Gipper---I can't argue with your rant about the Browns sucking regardless of who they draft. Again, well played.

And you can't argue with your acknowledgement that AJ McCarron should not be traded because he may in fact be better than your starter...which is not saying much. If McCarron were to be the 25th best starter in the league that may likely be an improvement for you.

As for the Browns, last year, no, who they drafted may not have mattered. But it will this coming year...as, face it, the Bengals are a franchise on the way down....and the Browns will be going he opposite direction.

Even as early as this coming season the Browns may surpass the Bengals in the division race.

Gipper---You seem hung up on the fact the Bengals have a backup QB who may be as good as their starter. Considering how Dalton has played in 2 Pro Bowls I don't see the downside. In fact, it's probably only a matter of time before this board starts a thread about the Browns trading for the Bengals 3rd string QB, Jeff Driskel, since he was rated about the same as Cody Kessler before the Browns drafted Kessler 3 rounds too soon. As for the rest, the last time I checked the Browns were still a 1-15 team, and that was before you lost your only productive WR.

Being I'm on my phone, can't post the stats. But I've seen them. Statistically, Kessler is better than mccarron in damn near every metric. As per usual, uma hasn't a clue. I don't think ratings as a prospect overshadow actual stats. Considering most think the Bengals roster is better, mccarron had more to work with and accomplished less. I'll take Cody any day all day.

There is also no argument on dak...As the cowgirls passed on him 3 times as well...Because, like everyone else, were conserned about the dude drinking and driving. After Billy burned the building down, browns were not going for the PR nightmare.

So no uma...Your revisionist history isn't a valid argument.

Being I'm on my phone, can't post the stats. But I've seen them. Statistically, Kessler is better than mccarron in damn near every metric. As per usual, uma hasn't a clue. I don't think ratings as a prospect overshadow actual stats. Considering most think the Bengals roster is better, mccarron had more to work with and accomplished less. I'll take Cody any day all day.

There is also no argument on dak...As the cowgirls passed on him 3 times as well...Because, like everyone else, were conserned about the dude drinking and driving.

Not everybody... :(

Saw a stat on Kess yesterday where his accuracy and YPA drop off when under pressure was one of the smallest of all NFL starters... something like second smallest.

• The good of the stats was that his under-pressure rankings were near the top of the league.
  • The bad of the stats was that his non-pressure rankings were near the bottom of the league.

So if you are inclined to see a glass as half-full, then you can say he's got the harder part nearly down pat.

If conversely inclined... then we just wasted money on our OL.

choco---Only a Brown fan could look back at the decision to pass, puff, puff, pass, puff, puff, pass on Prescott and not conclude your team hadn't made a mistake. And there's the rub because there isn't a single one of you willing to admit the truth OR hold the Browns accountable. Rather, when it comes to the subject of QB's the whole bunch of you might as well close your eyes and type..."Thank you sir, may I have another."

Tour---Yup, I've seen those stats as well. And of course we've all seen the quotes from Hue where he derisively mocks Kessler's inability to get the ball downfield. So the only thing Kessler lacks when compared to McCarron is a little backbone, and a head coach who believes in him. Because lets face it, Hue wouldn't be engaging in a many months long dog and pony show if he actually believed in the young QB he already has. In fact, if Hue believed in Kessler as a starter he wouldn't be whoring himself at the owners meetings at all. But he is. However, the news isn't all bad because your team had a real need for a backup QB when they reached for Kessler...so it isn't a wasted pick. It's just the wrong pick, and you've got to be used to that by now.

choco---Only a Brown fan could look back at the decision to pass, puff, puff, pass, puff, puff, pass on Prescott and not conclude your team hadn't made a mistake. And there's the rub because there isn't a single one of you willing to admit the truth OR hold the Browns accountable. Rather, when it comes to the subject of QB's the whole bunch of you might as well close your eyes and type..."Thank you sir, may I have another."

Tour---Yup, I've seen those stats as well. And of course we've all seen the quotes from Hue where he derisively mocks Kessler's inability to get the ball downfield. So the only thing Kessler lacks when compared to McCarron is a little backbone, and a head coach who believes in him. Because lets face it, Hue wouldn't be engaging in a many months long dog and pony show if he actually believed in the young QB he already has. In fact, if Hue believed in Kessler as a starter he wouldn't be whoring himself at the owners meetings at all. But he is. However, the news isn't all bad because your team had a real need for a backup QB when they reached for Kessler...so it isn't a wasted pick. It's just the wrong pick, and you've got to be used to that by now.

Actually just to fill you in, Tour and I both had selected Prescott as the guy we should go for way before he fell to the Cowboys. Months before in fact.

Nope, how many teams passed on Prescott- multiple times? Why? Let me refresh your memory- especially in regards to the Browns. . We had just dumped a guy by the name of Manziel, AKA Party Animal, Johnny Juicer. After all the shit we dealt with there, you really think the Browns were going to go after DUI Prescott? No chance, none we were going to that well for a second time.

Was it a mistake? Man those Bengals really screwed up not drafting Brady when they had the chance too.

Tex---Fair enough, but it seems to me all you're doing is admitting an average fan is likely to make a better choice than the Browns braintrust. Who am I to argue? As for Prescott falling to the Cowboys, that team's Cinderella story isn't possible if Sashi and company make the right choice in last years draft and free agency. Instead, the Browns passed on Wentz, picked Kessler over Prescott, and then put a bow on things by signing RG3 in FA. And all of that is bad enough, but making things worse is the very same decision makers are about to roll the dice again, and this time the deciding factor seems to be which option is cheapest.

Hoorta---Are you seriously going to use the Manzeil disaster as justification for passing on Prescott? Really? IMO Manziel seems like a unique example who came with more red flags than a Chinese military parade. Prescott seems like a kid who made a pretty mundane garden variety mistake. Furthermore, most NFL teams passed on Prescott because they already have a quality QB. And some teams like the Patriots and Bengals have two.

Archived