THE BROWNS BOARD

Aj mccarron

Russell78

I wasnt aware that he openly coveted either.....or that he wants to trade for these guys.....link please....

Though, personally, I think he might be the worst talent evaluator this team has seen yet....let's remember that he "coveted" RGIII - Goff and Kessler too....

And that's why to a lot of Browns​ fans Hue's credibility is shot. Keeping him out of the draft room might be a good thing.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mud---Google Hues comments from the recent owners meetings where he expresses hope that previously discussed trade options are still viable. Who do you think he was talking about? Or don't you care? As for Hue being a miserable evaluator of talent based upon his fondness for RG3, Kessler, and others? I won't argue the point. Nor will I defend Sashi and the rest as their track record seems just as poor. .

Tour---Do you have a problem with people from Kentucky? If so I suggest you take it up with someone from that state. Myself, my entire experience with the state is limited to having driven through it from time to time so I'm no position to judge whether you're smarter or dumber than the average hillbilly.

Mud---Google Hues comments from the recent owners meetings where he expresses hope that previously discussed trade options are still viable. Who do you think he was talking about? Or don't you care?

Hues comments do not mention Garrapolo or McCarron....nor do they reference "previously discussed" anything....I have never heard a single intelligent peep about a trade for McCarron.......just those mentioned by posters, bloggers and speculators.....

Here is what Hue actually said:.....(what you "think" he said is neither here nor there).....(no mention of McCarron or "real" trade talks with anyone either....previous or future.....)....gotta also include the fact that the Bungals have already said no one has contacted them in regard to a trade for him.....meaning there have been no discussions.....(previous or otherwise)....

“There's all kind of ways to do this. I think we all know there's the draft that's coming up. There's trade opportunities hopefully. I think we'll exhaust every opportunity as we move forward.”

As an aside......do you even have a football point to make here?.....I guess Im curious what it is you're even trying to say....

other than the Browns have sucked and made poor decisions?.....cause that is no revelation....

Mud---I assumed you were smart enough to realize Hue can't speak openly or at length about players under contract to another team. Did I give you too much credit?

Tour---Stop guessing. You're only embarrassing yourself. I live in Thousand Oaks, California. Perhaps someday you'll borrow the money needed to visit.

lol... took a little longer to fanfold out the credit cards than usual, but you came thru...

Do you also compensate for your shortcomings with sports cars?

Mud---I assumed you were smart enough to realize Hue can't speak openly or at length about players under contract to another team. .

I do realize that....hence my surprise at how you happen to know what he's been discussing and with whom....

You know what they say about people who assume things.....

..... where he expresses hope that previously discussed trade options are still viable..

Now...where does he do this...?......^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As an aside......do you even have a football point to make here?....

Apparently not.....

Time for me to disengage.....Ill return if/when a valid point gets made.....or when we sign McCarron....

Mud---I guess the point of my visit was to get some sense of the level of interest Brownie fans might have in trading for a QB who could accelerate your teams rebuilding effort. To my surprise there doesn't seem to be any. Most of you seem content to wallow in your misery for a few more years if the alternative would cost a draft pick or two.

Tour---Of course I have sports car(s). And a big fancy house too. It's pathetic, right?

Mud---I guess the point of my visit was to get some sense of the level of interest Brownie fans might have in trading for a QB who could accelerate your teams rebuilding effort.

And it isnt clear to you that most Browns fans dont think McCarron is that guy?......seems obvious to me....

if the Browns trade for McCarron, well....wouldn't that be rich?

It would suck.....and just be a continuation of shit decisions by our FO.....plain and simple....

Not even a good troll....(you try WAY too hard)....

Here is what Hue actually said:.....(what you "think" he said is neither here nor there).....(no mention of McCarron or "real" trade talks with anyone either....previous or future.....)....gotta also include the fact that the Bungals have already said no one has contacted them in regard to a trade for him.....meaning there have been no discussions.....(previous or otherwise)....

“There's all kind of ways to do this. I think we all know there's the draft that's coming up. There's trade opportunities hopefully. I think we'll exhaust every opportunity as we move forward.”

Mud---I assumed you were smart enough to realize Hue can't speak openly or at length about players under contract to another team. Did I give you too much credit?

Yeah- and I could assume by Hue's statement the Browns might be inquiring about the availability of Aaron Rodgers, or any other NFL player you care to name. And as to trade opportunities- I've said before we're not going to be stupid about giving up too much for a specific player. BTW, it sure sounds like the Bengals are looking for a team to do exactly that. Those trade opportunities might also mean talking to other teams potential interest in moving up or down in the draft.

Hue can motor mouth all he wants to, based on his last year's track record- I'd do the exact opposite of what he's inferring. If you notice Sashi and the rest of the Front Office are maintaining almost complete radio silence.

Hoorta---Yeah, you're trading for Aaron Rodgers. That must be it. Oh, and when that trade happens the Browns won't overpay, right? Because despite decades of futility and a current 1-15 record you've still got your pride, ehh? As for Hue motor mouthing, one of his jobs is making it seem like the Brownies are doing everything they can to improve. Who am I to argue if you think it's nothing but a dog and pony show?

Mud---Are you still disengaging? It's so hard to tell.

McCarron sucks ass and is why no Browns fan in his or her right mind wants him on the Browns. We don't care about him - other than his wife. The way your starting QB has been playing on your 6 win team, AJ might be the best QB on your roster.

Must be a fulfilling life to spend your valuable time on another team's fan forum just to be an ass to a group of strangers you'll never meet..... Thousand Oaks must be proud.

Get out and go for a bike ride - I'm sure your waistline and heart could use the improvement.

McCarron sucks ass and is why no Browns fan in his or her right mind wants him on the Browns.

HEY! Watch it, bub...

London---Why on Earth would your team trade for a QB who couldn't beat out Tom Savage? And speaking of Osweiler, didn't the owner of the Texans just admit a few days ago how "shocked" he was to learn ANY team would trade for him?

D Bone---Can I assume the only reason any Brownie fan cares about Osweiler is because his wife is hot?

Tour---Did I mention the swimming pool?

Trust me he's been around since the old AOL days under the name Umaflyy.

Trusting my kilted, bro is a given...

Was he more entertaining back then?

London---Why on Earth would your team trade for a QB who couldn't beat out Tom Savage? And speaking of Osweiler, didn't the owner of the Texans just admit a few days ago how "shocked" he was to learn ANY team would trade for him?

D Bone---Can I assume the only reason any Brownie fan cares about Osweiler is because his wife is hot?

You being oblivious Uma? To the Browns the second round pick we got from the Texans was worth it if we had to take on Osweiler's contract as baggage. Let me know when you hear about Brock's press conference on being traded.

You couldn't get what you wanted for McCarron last year, and I doubt you'll be able to this year. Personally I'd hang onto AJ. Minus Witworth and Zeitler, I have a feeling you just might need him this year.

Personally I'd hang onto AJ. Minus Witworth and Zeitler, I have a feeling you just might need him this year.

No way, dude. Dalton is going to lead the Bengals to the Playoffs so he can promptly lose to the team that will lose the following week. After all, he has thrown one whole playoff TD to six interceptions in 4 playoff losses, that's about as good as it gets....if you're trying to make Tony Romo look like Tom Brady.

No way, dude. Dalton is going to lead the Bengals to the Playoffs so he can promptly lose to the team that will lose the following week. After all, he has thrown one whole playoff TD to six interceptions in 4 playoff losses, that's about as good as it gets....if you're trying to make Tony Romo look like Tom Brady.

They need to take a cue from Mora.... Instead of their "Welcome to the Jungle" tune before the games, it's gonna be "Welcome to the basement" of the AFC North. I think Z's long predicted collapse is happening this year for the Queen City Kitties. Meow!!

Westside Steve---Yeah, the old AOL boards. Where you guys used to defend Art Modell on a near daily basis....treated everyday like it was still 1964...cast your fan support with Bernie Kosar over Bill Belichick...and used to predict Don Rogers would be a HOF safety someday. Good times.

Hoorta---Don't blame me. Gipper says you traded for Osweiler to be your new starter. Kept bragging about his playoff experience. I just thought it was funny how the Texans owner said he was shocked anyone would trade for the guy in the first place. I bet every GM in the NFL has your teams phone number on speed dial now.

Tour---I'm starting to think you're deliberately trying to hurt my feelings.

Hoorta---Is Zombo still predicting the 1-15 Brownies win every game? Do people still fall for the gag by taking him seriously? BTW, my 2 year old prediction that the Browns are two years away from being two years away still stands.

Westside Steve---Yeah, the old AOL boards. Where you guys used to defend Art Modell on a near daily basis....treated everyday like it was still 1964...cast your fan support with Bernie Kosar over Bill Belichick...and used to predict Don Rogers would be a HOF safety someday. Good times.

Hoorta---Don't blame me. Gipper says you traded for Osweiler to be your new starter. Kept bragging about his playoff experience. I just thought it was funny how the Texans owner said he was shocked anyone would trade for the guy in the first place. I bet every GM in the NFL has your teams phone number on speed dial now.

Tour---I'm starting to think you're deliberately trying to hurt my feelings.

Hoorta---Is Zombo still predicting the 1-15 Brownies win every game? Do people still fall for the gag by taking him seriously? BTW, my 2 year old prediction that the Browns are two years away from being two years away still stands.

RE: the Gip- he may think that- (more like posit that as a possibility) but I don't. The odds of Osweiler being the Browns starter in September are only slightly better than McCarron's. :)

RE: Z, yup- he'll never post the possibility that the Browns are going to lose. OTOH, In July I predicted the over\under on Browns wins in 2016 at 2.5, and took the under. Ghoolie won a cool $1k in Vegas taking the under on the "official" line of 4. I seriously POed some of the guys here taking whoever was playing the Browns in the Survivor League- since it was two strikes, I made it all the way to the Super Bowl, and lost that one on the over\under.

So I'll say this from a not so far distance taking that into account- living 55 miles from Paul Brown- I get way more Bengal info from both the media and fans than I'd like. I'm not kidding- I'll take Zombo's stance you're heading to the AFC North cellar this year. Minus two starters on O-line, defections in plenty of other places- you're in trouble. Just like the PacMan. even if he plays, he'll get eaten alive. You had your "window of opportunity". Guess what? It's slammed shut, short of pulling 4 HOFers out of your ass in one draft like the Steelers did in the 70s, the party is over.

Since the draft hasn't happened yet- I'm not about to put a number on Browns wins- but I'm thinking it will be more than the Bengals.

Hoorta---Well, it is April. The California hills are green, the desert flower are blooming, and every Brownie fan you meet has a prediction on his lips about Cleveland no longer being a last place team. Happens every year. So why should this year be any different? You could quadruple your win total and still finish in last place, right?

Archived