THE BROWNS BOARD

Aj mccarron

Russell78

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoorta---Are you seriously going to use the Manzeil disaster as justification for passing on Prescott? Really? IMO Manziel seems like a unique example who came with more red flags than a Chinese military parade. Prescott seems like a kid who made a pretty mundane garden variety mistake. Furthermore, most NFL teams passed on Prescott because they already have a quality QB. And some teams like the Patriots and Bengals have two.

It's decently apparent you're trying to troll. Dial it back a little bit to get people to bite.

Source: am troll

Tex---Fair enough, but it seems to me all you're doing is admitting an average fan is likely to make a better choice than the Browns braintrust. Who am I to argue? As for Prescott falling to the Cowboys, that team's Cinderella story isn't possible if Sashi and company make the right choice in last years draft and free agency. Instead, the Browns passed on Wentz, picked Kessler over Prescott, and then put a bow on things by signing RG3 in FA. And all of that is bad enough, but making things worse is the very same decision makers are about to roll the dice again, and this time the deciding factor seems to be which option is cheapest.

No disagreement here. I (and many others here) was totally underwhelmed by our 2016 draft and until proven otherwise I remain skeptical about 2017. We should take a vote here, in between Browns picks, on who we should take next each pick. I would bet our consensus would be better than the pick 2/3s of the time or better. Kessler in the 3rd? 4 wrs? Are you kidding me? They do that shit again I'm sending the an ouija board and a deck of Tarot cards from N.O. Or maybe just one way tickets to N.O.

Tex---Isn't it funny how you can't find anything to disagree with the things I'm writing and you claim many others here were also underwhelmed. But because I'm an outsider I must be trolling, right?

TCPO---You can't blame me for bringing up Zac Prescott and Carson Wentz. Gipper opened that door with his stupid list and the end result is excuse making fans like choco and Hoorta are now claiming the Browns did the right thing by passing on those players. Crazier still, were I to believe all of you the justification for passing on better players is based upon nobody in your teams front office being smart enough to tell the difference between Johnny Manziel and a normal person.

Tour---I seems the only time you have anything to say is when you're bragging about how you were smarter than Sashi and Hue. Well, congrats I guess, but all it means you and Tex have a place inside of a very large tent that most Brownie fans wouldn't be allowed inside. You are the exception that proves the rule, and that's useful in this example because you openly admit you want McCarron.

Tex---Isn't it funny how you can't find anything to disagree with the things I'm writing and you claim many others here were also underwhelmed. But because I'm an outsider I must be trolling, right?

Well you did a good job of keeping Gipper on the trolling line. So those two things can be mutually exclusive. I'm no longer an outsider, but I can troll from time to time just for grins.

And I didn't say there were not things I disagreed with you on, merely that I agreed this FO has failed to impress thus far. Westside Steve has argued that very well here in recent months too. But don't get him going. :lol:

Tour---I seems the only time you have anything to say is when you're bragging about how you were smarter than Sashi and Hue. Well, congrats I guess, but all it means you and Tex have a place inside of a very large tent that most Brownie fans wouldn't be allowed inside. You are the exception that proves the rule, and that's useful in this example because you openly admit you want McCarron.

Not smarter than Sashi or Hue... just you. For example: why would two people need "a very large tent?"

I am pretty sure I've stuck a few other themes in over 18,000 posts here. In fact I am sure I have or I'd have been banned about 18,000 posts ago. So relax you have a couple hundred more. Spend them wisely... if you can.

But I digress... another approach I've employed at least 10,000 posts...

As we say in Texas ,"It ain't bragging, if you can back it up." I have a dark-horse QB track record beginning with Nick Foles through AJ, among others, to Dak. Only year since Nick that I did not pick one is because I did not see one and it turned out there was not one. All are documentable claims, if you want to search them.

Not sure why I have this sleeper streak going as it sure as hell is not supported by my top QB picks when I make them, e.g., Goff... so far. And especially in light of the fact that if I have anything approaching "expertise" in player evaluation, then it's with the OL group... a position I actually played, albeit not all that well and long ago, but I still "understand" and understand very well.

In case you think that's simply more "bragging"... there's a couple years of draft grades and Browns OL grades here you can seek out, if you care too.

Bottom line:

I have a track record. You have none... either here or anywhere google can find... although some folks screen names vary.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Umadogg&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=Umadogg1&*

All you bring is unsupported speculation and attitude... aspersions and self-aggrandizement.

So far you've been enough fun to toy with that you've not been relegated to the phantom zone known as "the ignore list"... yet. A banishment with which you must have been subjected to endlessly in your team's forums, or you would not be here.

Tex---I take no pride in punking the likes of Gipper. But I do find him to be a useful tool due to his willingness to spin everything regardless of the harm it does to his credibility. And in that way he's no different than choco, D Bone, or even Hoorta. Brownie fans who won't admit a mistake was made even when blessed with the gift of hindsight. As for your own ability to morph from outsider to insider, I admit I'm a bit curious how that happened. Didn't you come here initially as a fan of Johnny Football who wanted to follow his exploits in the pros? And if so, doesn't that bring your own credibility into question? How were you able to become a respected member of this board after first introducing yourself as a huge Manziel fan? Is it simply another example of misery loving company?

Tour---Texans have another saying that seems to describe you very well. All hat and no cattle. Or if you prefer, all pinky and no thumb. And there's the rub because you can't claim you've backed up anything when the best you can do is make pinky jokes while others are discussing football. In fact, beyond you support of McCarron as a potential starter I'm having a difficult time remembering anything of substance you've said.

All you bring is unsupported speculation and attitude... aspersions and self-aggrandizement.

:o certainly no Bengal Tigger owning his stripes..Damn sure no Udog. He won't get off our lawn..Seems more Pussy Cat that keeps burying his same old shit in our yard..I'll call into Caddyshack..we need varmint control. Carl Spackler rises to a new level..

gumby---Of course I'll get off your lawn. For nearly a decade I've let this board wallow peacefully in it's own irrelevance, and I'm only here now for the McCarron debate. And because the Browns are likely to prefer whatever option is cheapest...(overdraft a rookie)....the odds of me leaving peacefully in less than a month are very good.

Tour---The thought of you using Google in a failed attempt to determine who I am is delicious, flattering, and only a little bit creepy.

Tex---I'm sure Westside Steve isn't the only Brownie fan willing to admit the truth about Sashi and company. Sadly, no rational Brownie fan has bothered to respond in this thread, thereby denying me the opportunity to agree.

Hoorta---Are you seriously going to use the Manzeil disaster as justification for passing on Prescott? Really? IMO Manziel seems like a unique example who came with more red flags than a Chinese military parade. Prescott seems like a kid who made a pretty mundane garden variety mistake. Furthermore, most NFL teams passed on Prescott because they already have a quality QB. And some teams like the Patriots and Bengals have two.

Absolutely, 100% I'll use the reason the Browns didn't draft Prescott was the aftermath of the Manziel disaster. Was it a mistake? Hindsight is always 20\20. No guarantees either that Dak would have performed as he did in Dallas with the Browns swiss cheese line, no Elliott to hand the ball off to- and a WR group that plainly stunk, outside of a small flash by Pryor. The Browns FO had far too much residual stink on their hands from Johnny to roll the dice again on a guy who had just gotten a DUI. Maybe you don't realize that would have been an unbelievable PR disaster to Browns fans- including me. & FYI, I hated the Manziel pick. Just like the Quinn and Weeden picks. And a few others. There are some of us here who's track record calling shots in the first round has been way better than the guys doing the drafting- and that's a sad commentary about just how bad the guys actually turning in the picks have been.

Tour---The thought of you using Google in a failed attempt to determine who I am is delicious, flattering, and only a little bit creepy.

Not at all... I was looking for evidence of your making an argument somewhere... anywhere... because all you have done here is take a stance, punch and then pretend you win. You have to "know" football before you can "talk" football.

Google "Tour2ma" and you'll find me on a half dozen sites... more if you count audio and music. I've no need to change my "handle"... pardnah. Go ahead, do it. I promise it will give me no thrill...

Tour---Texans have another saying that seems to describe you very well. All hat and no cattle. Or if you prefer, all pinky and no thumb. And there's the rub because you can't claim you've backed up anything when the best you can do is make pinky jokes while others are discussing football. In fact, beyond you support of McCarron as a potential starter I'm having a difficult time remembering anything of substance you've said.

I trust you're new to this board then?

And whats with you Texas boys and livestock? There's an unhealthy obsession going on there.

Hoorta---If hindsight were always 20/20 you'd be willing to admit passing on Prescott was a mistake. Instead you've tossed out a half dozen Gipper-like excuses explaining why it wasn't, including blasting away at a mostly new WR corp that Sashi also drafted.

Tour---You're the only one claiming I've won anything, pretend or otherwise. I haven't bothered, mostly because there's no glory to be had besting the likes of Gipper, gumby, and you.

Hoorta---If hindsight were always 20/20 you'd be willing to admit passing on Prescott was a mistake. Instead you've tossed out a half dozen Gipper-like excuses explaining why it wasn't, including blasting away at a mostly new WR corp that Sashi also drafted.

Tour---You're the only one claiming I've won anything, pretend or otherwise. I haven't bothered, mostly because there's no glory to be had besting the likes of Gipper, gumby, and you.

As mentioned, EVERY team passed on Dak at least twice. In hindsight, sure, it might not have been the best decision. With that hindsight though the mindset that was the popular consensus at that time must be considered. Dak might have had off field issues, as he had just been slapped with a DUI. Right in the middle of the time he was to be prepping for the combine. What would that tell you about someone?

I would question some of their choices, mentality and dedication.

The line of thinking that lead teams to avoid him was not incorrect. This wasn't a 'mistake' in the mold of taking Manziel over Carr, Gilbert over Roby, etc etc. This was about teams trying to avoid paying a steep price for a player that may cause distractions at the most important position on the field.

Can you find fault in any of what I've said?

Tex---As for your own ability to morph from outsider to insider, I admit I'm a bit curious how that happened. Didn't you come here initially as a fan of Johnny Football who wanted to follow his exploits in the pros? And if so, doesn't that bring your own credibility into question? How were you able to become a respected member of this board after first introducing yourself as a huge Manziel fan? Is it simply another example of misery loving company?

As JM fell to his addictions, no one on the board was more disappointed than me to see such a waste of a gift. And I ate a lot of shit here for his failings. But in 2014 I also brought in the name Myles Garrett as the next Clowney coming along for the Browns to watch for. I would be lying if I thought then he would actually fall our way. But during these past couple of years I really enjoyed the real football talk of the board and probably learned more about the pro game than I ever had before since I was primarily a college fan. I had followed Denver after having lived in that area about 8 years and having 3 siblings still there, all Broncos fans. Zombo keeps trying to train that part out of me, but A&M's Von Miller said otherwise. But I'm resilient and have stuck around to watch the transformation that I now see taking place. Nothing like getting in on the ground floor when you get to like those here who have been waiting for years for this to happen. And it IS happening. And a giant child who loves dinosaurs shall lead them. LOL! :lol:

Your complete lack of effort did not need to be pointed out...

As JM fell to his addictions, no one on the board was more disappointed than me to see such a waste of a gift. And I ate a lot of shit here for his failings. But in 2014 I also brought in the name Myles Garrett as the next Clowney coming along for the Browns to watch for. I would be lying if I thought then he would actually fall our way. But during these past couple of years I really enjoyed the real football talk of the board and probably learned more about the pro game than I ever had before since I was primarily a college fan. I had followed Denver after having lived in that area about 8 years and having 3 siblings still there, all Broncos fans. Zombo keeps trying to train that part out of me, but A&M's Von Miller said otherwise. But I'm resilient and have stuck around to watch the transformation that I now see taking place. Nothing like getting in on the ground floor when you get to like those here who have been waiting for years for this to happen. And it IS happening. And a giant child who loves dinosaurs shall lead them. LOL! :lol:

Ah, yes... our lone, remaining, pure Manzelot.

And we are the better for your tenacity... a nice way of saying you are one stubborn, old Ag.

But in 2014 I also brought in the name Myles Garrett as the next Clowney coming along for the Browns to watch for.

I remember when you first mentioned Garrett.....and as much as I liked him early(and I did), I do remember thinking......"Oh no!....not another Aggie??!!""

Think I told you to shut your yap.....HA!

But, so far, Aggie nation has not exploded like the Manziel circus did......

Love ya Ag's, but dont let your friends in the door when we draft Garrett....pllllllllllllllease....

tiamat---Of course I can't find fault with anything you said. Blessed with perfect hindsight you admitted a mistake was made, and even went so far as to note how other mistakes were made as well. And by telling the truth it makes you different than Gipper, D-Bone, gumby, Tour, and the rest.

Mud---Don't think of this thread as being about a QB you don't want. Think of it as yet another thread about the QB you don't have. And over the past dozen years there must have been hundreds of those, right?

Tex---So you became a willing and knowing fan of a 1-15 football team while your siblings became Bronco fans? I can only imagine how difficult this must make your conversations during Thanksgiving dinner. That said, I liked the way you described becoming a Brownie fan as getting in on the ground floor, and out of respect I won't point out how as a fan of a 1-win team you're actually in the basement.

Tour---I see you wrote another post devoid of content. Sadly, that seems to be your habit. Happily, this time you didn't fantasize about me or offer some humble brag about your post count.

But, so far, Aggie nation has not exploded like the Manziel circus did......

THAT had not crossed my mind... :o Difference is this time it would be worth putting up with...

Tour---I see you wrote another post devoid of content. Sadly, that seems to be your habit. Happily, this time you didn't fantasize about me or offer some humble brag about your post count.

Child, please... why would I waste "content" on someone who hasn't a prayer of grasping it?

Mud---Don't think of this thread as being about a QB you don't want. Think of it as yet another thread about the QB you don't have. And over the past dozen years there must have been hundreds of those, right?

Probably......all the more reason I have no interest in discussing a guy who would just be the next loser to come in and fail.....

At least "some" of those hundreds include discussion about a viable good QB.....

Like so many(many) others......you are good at that hindsight game.....

Now (just so I can take you seriously) can you point me to the pre-draft Dak discussion where you show your non-hindsight skills.....(or any discussion, ftm).....?

THAT had not crossed my mind... :o Difference is this time it would be worth putting up with...

Eh....not so sure about that......

Mud---From Garappolo to McCarron, you seem to have no interest in discussing players your head coach openly covets and wants to trade for. And there's the rub because all I'm doing is taking the actions of Hue Jackson seriously. To be fair, if you think Hue is a powerless joke whose opinions don't need to be considered I won't strongly disagree, but even if true you have to admit his opinion carries more weight than that of a fan.The only question remaining is how much weight does his opinion have with Sashi, the guy who passed on Wentz, and Prescott. As for hindsight, I didn't come her to discuss Dak Prescott, Carson Wentz, Derek Carr, or any other QB your team mistakenly passed on. Rather, those names were brought up by an idiot Brownie fan attempting to change the subject.

Tour---Well, there's another post you've written totally devoid of content. Can you blame me if I conclude it's the only thing you're capable of?

tiamat---Of course I can't find fault with anything you said. Blessed with perfect hindsight you admitted a mistake was made, and even went so far as to note how other mistakes were made as well. And by telling the truth it makes you different than Gipper, D-Bone, gumby, Tour, and the rest.

Tex---So you became a willing and knowing fan of a 1-15 football team while your siblings became Bronco fans? I can only imagine how difficult this must make your conversations during Thanksgiving dinner. That said, I liked the way you described becoming a Brownie fan as getting in on the ground floor, and out of respect I won't point out how as a fan of a 1-win team you're actually in the basement.

You're conflating the level of 'mistake' made and essentially saying that all are equal.

Having a heavy sneeze in traffic and rear ending the car in front of you is a mistake - so is spilling a glass of water. Neither are on the same level.

Mud---From Garappolo to McCarron, you seem to have no interest in discussing players your head coach openly covets and wants to trade for. And there's the rub because all I'm doing is taking the actions of Hue Jackson seriously. To be fair, if you think Hue is a powerless joke whose opinions don't need to be considered I won't strongly disagree

I wasnt aware that he openly coveted either.....or that he wants to trade for these guys.....link please....

Though, personally, I think he might be the worst talent evaluator this team has seen yet....let's remember that he "coveted" RGIII - Goff and Kessler too....

Tour---Well, there's another post you've written totally devoid of content. Can you blame me if I conclude it's the only thing you're capable of?

lol... I knew the "child, please" would fly right by you... You're from the Kentucky side of the river, aren't you?

Archived