THE BROWNS BOARD

Flugel's Mock Draft on Tennessee Stupid Juice

Flugel

This ain't the Big Sexy I hoped it would be. You're going to see a reach or 2 or 3 that a very deep draft at secondary positions permitted me to do. I'm also of the belief that the spinal column of a secondary resides at the 2 Safety positions. Safety first. A quality corner like Richard Sherman was found in round 5 while a Pro Bowl corner like Chris Harris was an undrafted FA. We've also seen some UFA Corners crack our starting line-up in recent years.

1.0 DE Myles Garrett, Texas A&M - His performance even through injury the last 3 years is elite and his fitness at Indy and at the workouts was ideal. Gregg Williams' has said he's paid to light fannies in case there's any worry about the consistency of his motor. If he's everything he's supposed to be - we'll have a very happy and productive secondary.

1-12. WR JuJu Smith-Schuster, USC - Since my dream pick is OJ Howard, the football gods will make sure he's already drafted before #12. I know what you're thinking - are you high Flugel? No, my last 2 brain cells are just in a messy divorce. My intrigue here is the 6-2 220 lb size that a QB named Cody Kessler tapped extremely well at USC in 2015. It would be nice to get Cody someone he trusts to run precise routes make the right adjustments when necessary. The rankings on this kid vary quite a bit in the 3 Draft Guides I bought.

2-1. TE Evansville Engram, Ole Miss - Runs better routes than any WR we have while Gary Barnidge's production went sky diving last year. I firmly believe Seth DeValve will be our next Slot Receiver matching up favorably against many undersized 3rd corners so this pick won't be at the expense of DeValve IMO. Lindy's Draft Guide says Engram's NFL comparison is Jordan Reed.

2-20. DT Carlos Watkins, Clemson - 2 year starter on a good defense that shutout Ohio State. This Big FUGLY is 6-3 312 lbs. On game day he can't stop snacking between snacks in the opponents' backfield. He had 13 TFLs and 10 sacks in 2016. Meatball on spaghetti, he looks good in an orange helmet.

3-1. FS Marcus Maye, Florida - This is a prime example of how ecstatic I am that this draft is deep at Safety. 4 year starter on a defense that made 2 consecutive SEC Championship games. He's split time as a Safety, Boundary Corner and Slot Corner. Our secondary could use a guy with this kind of flexibility considering how much of the time we'll be in nickle/dime packages.

4-1. SS Lorenzo Jerome, St Francis PA - Nobody on defense got more WOWs out of me at the Senior Bowl. If you watched the game - you know what I'm talking about. Lindy's Draft Guide has him as the Prototype for ball skills saying "he had 18 INTs in college and delivered sparkling NFLPA Collegiate Bowl and Senior Bowl showings, intercepting a combined 4 passes. I'll add that he sniffed out a reverse (beat the pulling guard) to make his collision at the handoff to jar the ball loose and recover it while the rest of his defensive teammates seemed to be fooled by play-action.

5-1. QB Joshua Dobbs, Tennessee - Living here in TN, he got significantly better each year. He's a 4.0 student that was good enough at QB to get a guy like Nathan Peterman to feel like his only chance to start was to transfer to Pitt (where he is now a 3rd-4th round prospect).

5.31 CB Ahkello Witherspoon, Colorado - Love the 6-2 height going with his 195 lbs. He played opposite to Chidobe Awuzie where he led the nation with 22 pass break-ups (which also tied a school record). Isn't this the same round where a similar built Richard Sherman was drafted in?

5.37 CB Brandon Langley, Lamar - A 6-0 199 lb prospect that had a good week of practice and played well at the Senior Bowl.

6.1 PK Zane Gonzalez, Arizona State - Lou Groza Award Winner and holds FBS career best of 96 FGs.

6.4 OT Victor Salako, Oklahoma State - He started for 2 years at UAB at Left Tackle until UAB dropped the football program. Then, he transferred to Oklahoma State where he started at Left Tackle for 2 years with a 6-5 333 lb frame. Pro Football Weekly's Draft Guide projects him as a RT or OG.

If you have any feedback good or bad - run it. Thanks folks!

This ain't the Big Sexy I hoped it would be. You're going to see a reach or 2 or 3 that a very deep draft at secondary positions permitted me to do. I'm also of the belief that the spinal column of a secondary resides at the 2 Safety positions. Safety first. A quality corner like Richard Sherman was found in round 5 while a Pro Bowl corner like Chris Harris was an undrafted FA. We've also seen some UFA Corners crack our starting line-up in recent years.

1.0 DE Myles Garrett, Texas A&M - His performance even through injury the last 3 years is elite and his fitness at Indy and at the workouts was ideal. Gregg Williams' has said he's paid to light fannies in case there's any worry about the consistency of his motor. If he's everything he's supposed to be - we'll have a very happy and productive secondary.

Well....cant complain about this one. Looks like the whole world is in agreement........

1-12. WR JuJu Smith-Schuster, USC - Since my dream pick is OJ Howard, the football gods will make sure he's already drafted before #12. I know what you're thinking - are you high Flugel? No, my last 2 brain cells are just in a messy divorce. My intrigue here is the 6-2 220 lb size that a QB named Cody Kessler tapped extremely well at USC in 2015. It would be nice to get Cody someone he trusts to run precise routes make the right adjustments when necessary. The rankings on this kid vary quite a bit in the 3 Draft Guides I bought.

Ok...understand the logic......But would honestly lose my mind if the Browns did this.....I do believe you are high Fluges.... ;)

2-1. TE Evansville Engram, Ole Miss - Runs better routes than any WR we have while Gary Barnidge's production went sky diving last year. I firmly believe Seth DeValve will be our next Slot Receiver matching up favorably against many undersized 3rd corners so this pick won't be at the expense of DeValve IMO. Lindy's Draft Guide says Engram's NFL comparison is Jordan Reed.

Engrams solid....wouldnt hate the pick, but probably would try for an impact D, considering the WR that was just selected....

2-20. DT Carlos Watkins, Clemson - 2 year starter on a good defense that shutout Ohio State. This Big FUGLY is 6-3 312 lbs. On game day he can't stop snacking between snacks in the opponents' backfield. He had 13 TFLs and 10 sacks in 2016. Meatball on spaghetti, he looks good in an orange helmet.

LOVE this guy and pick.....him, next to Danny, would be awesome.....add Garrett and we're wrecking the league....oops.....

3-1. FS Marcus Maye, Florida - This is a prime example of how ecstatic I am that this draft is deep at Safety. 4 year starter on a defense that made 2 consecutive SEC Championship games. He's split time as a Safety, Boundary Corner and Slot Corner. Our secondary could use a guy with this kind of flexibility considering how much of the time we'll be in nickle/dime packages.

Another one of my favorites.....Maye is a nice player and will offer great value to who ever grabs him......

4-1. SS Lorenzo Jerome, St Francis PA - Nobody on defense got more WOWs out of me at the Senior Bowl. If you watched the game - you know what I'm talking about. Lindy's Draft Guide has him as the Prototype for ball skills saying "he had 18 INTs in college and delivered sparkling NFLPA Collegiate Bowl and Senior Bowl showings, intercepting a combined 4 passes. I'll add that he sniffed out a reverse (beat the pulling guard) to make his collision at the handoff to jar the ball loose and recover it while the rest of his defensive teammates seemed to be fooled by play-action.

He did have a nice game......at 4.1, this would make 3 years in a row that we select SS at #4....Campbell.....Kindred.....Jerome.....one of them has to pan out, right?

5-1. QB Joshua Dobbs, Tennessee - Living here in TN, he got significantly better each year. He's a 4.0 student that was good enough at QB to get a guy like Nathan Peterman to feel like his only chance to start was to transfer to Pitt (where he is now a 3rd-4th round prospect).

And why not?.......Im in the group that thinks this is where we should be picking QB....this year......no issues with taking a flyer on a project, as long as it's not 3rd or earlier....

5.31 CB Ahkello Witherspoon, Colorado - Love the 6-2 height going with his 195 lbs. He played opposite to Chidobe Awuzie where he led the nation with 22 pass break-ups (which also tied a school record). Isn't this the same round where a similar built Richard Sherman was drafted in?

5.37 CB Brandon Langley, Lamar - A 6-0 199 lb prospect that had a good week of practice and played well at the Senior Bowl.

Would prefer a CB earlier....but if we cant grab one of the better ones.....then 2 is probably better than 1.....

6.1 PK Zane Gonzalez, Arizona State - Lou Groza Award Winner and holds FBS career best of 96 FGs.

I did the same thing.....think its a smart move tapping the best.....at any position.....

6.4 OT Victor Salako, Oklahoma State - He started for 2 years at UAB at Left Tackle until UAB dropped the football program. Then, he transferred to Oklahoma State where he started at Left Tackle for 2 years with a 6-5 333 lb frame. Pro Football Weekly's Draft Guide projects him as a RT or OG.

cant comment....never heard of him......6th round....it is what it is.....

Well....cant complain about this one. Looks like the whole world is in agreement........ - Mud

Ok...understand the logic......But would honestly lose my mind if the Browns did this.....I do believe you are high Fluges.... ;) - Mud

Thatta boy Mud! See, I told you I knew what you were thinking. Remember when Bill Belichick's dream TE (Kyle Brady) was drafted by the Jets 9th overall in 1995 just 1 slot before we picked? That was such a steel toe to the throat, BB drafted Ohio State's LB Craig Powell at #10 overall. I had the same feeling only I had about an acre of coffee bean in me.

1. Not enamored with WR @ 12 but could live with OJ.

2. If Miami's is still there @ 2.1 take him in a heartbeat-otherwise this is fine.

3. 2.20 either him or Brantley from Fla. Like 'em both

4. 3.1 Maye is gone by then-who's your backup pick there because it's the logical place to get a good one.

5. Witherspoon would be a steal there - hope we got our eyes open

6. Like the kicker somewhere near the end of 5 top of 6.

YEP

Wow. This one caught me by surprise. Taking him seems very high - I like him more in the top of the second round. My question is, I see

Zay Jones as being faster off the los, more explosive out of his cuts..... but really interesting. Ju-Ju....or Zay?

http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2017/04/03/pick-your-49ers-nfl-draft-prospect-zay-jones-or-juju-smith-schuster/

I was going for star material in the secondary in the second around. But this is a brilliant pick, seriously. SI has him rated ahead of Njoku sp?

He isn't Howard, but he would be a terrific TE addition to the Browns.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/02/24/evan-engram-nfl-draft-scouting-report

what is amazing about picking him here, is this, (just read it)

"The only team that really managed to shut him down in 2016 was LSU, using a combination of safety Jamal Adams (a potential top-five pick) and cornerback Tre’Davious White (a potential first-rounder). Otherwise, Engram scorched defenses that were unable to match his athleticism."

Crapsies - you lost me here. Carlos is second tier, but in the SECOND ROUND? Very deep in big DL's, don't like this pick, this round.

This Marcus Maye is a terrific player. I wouid love it if he was there in the third for the Browns. As always, I wonder if he's gone in the late second.

I would take this kid instead of Watkins, to make sure you get him ....we'll see.

Just an oustanding kid that a LOT of teams noticed in the senior bowl. Great player, terrific addition to the locker room, community. He isn't

6' tall, I don't care. He is a PLAYER. Thanks for finding him, Flugels !

Man.... I think Dobbs is terrific this late. But he needs some coaching, and is the qb sleeper of this draft. Squealers have their eye on him,

other teams do - this kid is SMART - terrific kid. He is being talked about as being a 3rd, even maybe 2nd round pick. Another kid I would take

instead of Watkins, if I had to choose. If he falls to the fourth round, I will fall out of my chair. Would love to see him in a Browns uniform.

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/football/2017/04/06/govols247-former-vols-qb-joshua-dobbs-could-drafted-high-second-third-round/100116516/

I never paid attention - decided to go with higher rated talent at cb, but if these two were here here in this round, it would be very smart.

I never thought of a kicker, either. I like it.

I can see this pick, but at OG, and I don't know that the Browns will find anybody who will be a RT here. I'd rather take a chance on a small school

rb.... He did pretty good in the East West Shrine game....(from Bleacherreports)

Florida Atlantic defensive end Trey Hendrickson claimed The E. Jack Spaulding Award for Most Outstanding Defensive Player. Throughout the practice week, the 6'4", 265-pound pass-rusher developed into the best defender on the field. His performance during the game proved to be no different.

Hendrickson struggled early against Oklahoma State offensive tackle Victor Salako, but the defensive end's quick first step and consistent motor eventually led to him making multiple plays, including a strip-sack.

Really nice job for the most partsies, but I still like mine better - but I'm biased. lol

YEP

Wow. This one caught me by surprise. Taking him seems very high - I like him more in the top of the second round. My question is, I see

Zay Jones as being faster off the los, more explosive out of his cuts..... but really interesting. Ju-Ju....or Zay?

http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2017/04/03/pick-your-49ers-nfl-draft-prospect-zay-jones-or-juju-smith-schuster/

I was going for star material in the secondary in the second around. But this is a brilliant pick, seriously. SI has him rated ahead of Njoku sp?

He isn't Howard, but he would be a terrific TE addition to the Browns.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/02/24/evan-engram-nfl-draft-scouting-report

what is amazing about picking him here, is this, (just read it)

"The only team that really managed to shut him down in 2016 was LSU, using a combination of safety Jamal Adams (a potential top-five pick) and cornerback Tre’Davious White (a potential first-rounder). Otherwise, Engram scorched defenses that were unable to match his athleticism."

Crapsies - you lost me here. Carlos is second tier, but in the SECOND ROUND? Very deep in big DL's, don't like this pick, this round.

This Marcus Maye is a terrific player. I wouid love it if he was there in the third for the Browns. As always, I wonder if he's gone in the late second.

I would take this kid instead of Watkins, to make sure you get him ....we'll see.

Just an oustanding kid that a LOT of teams noticed in the senior bowl. Great player, terrific addition to the locker room, community. He isn't

6' tall, I don't care. He is a PLAYER. Thanks for finding him, Flugels !

Man.... I think Dobbs is terrific this late. But he needs some coaching, and is the qb sleeper of this draft. Squealers have their eye on him,

other teams do - this kid is SMART - terrific kid. He is being talked about as being a 3rd, even maybe 2nd round pick. Another kid I would take

instead of Watkins, if I had to choose. If he falls to the fourth round, I will fall out of my chair. Would love to see him in a Browns uniform.

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/football/2017/04/06/govols247-former-vols-qb-joshua-dobbs-could-drafted-high-second-third-round/100116516/

I never paid attention - decided to go with higher rated talent at cb, but if these two were here here in this round, it would be very smart.

I never thought of a kicker, either. I like it.

I can see this pick, but at OG, and I don't know that the Browns will find anybody who will be a RT here. I'd rather take a chance on a small school

rb.... He did pretty good in the East West Shrine game....(from Bleacherreports)

Florida Atlantic defensive end Trey Hendrickson claimed The E. Jack Spaulding Award for Most Outstanding Defensive Player. Throughout the practice week, the 6'4", 265-pound pass-rusher developed into the best defender on the field. His performance during the game proved to be no different.

Hendrickson struggled early against Oklahoma State offensive tackle Victor Salako, but the defensive end's quick first step and consistent motor eventually led to him making multiple plays, including a strip-sack.

Really nice job for the most partsies, but I still like mine better - but I'm biased. lol

HA! Thanks for the feedback. 1 minor clarification, Victor Salako is projected to be a RT and possibly an OG. He's a 4 year starter with most/all of his experience on the left side. I didn't do myself any favors at #12 especially not putting in an alternative or 2.

Excepting JuJu "way-too-many-names" Smith-Schuster and Engram I like it...

JuJu at 12 is a huge reach. Agree with the above mentioned R2 grade on him. And any Kess-based elevation of him is tenuously placed at best.

Engram? Well... I'm just tired of one-dimensional TEs. And if we truly aspire to be a power run team, then so should we all be.

I do like Maye... was all over him before I went and fell in love with Williams. Now I think of Maye as a po'man's Williams, who most think is a po'man's Baker (I disagree, but mine is a minority view), who everyone thinks is a po'man's Hooker... and I have a three-po'man limit.

I like Watkins just fine, but I still don't see DT need and he's in Williams' spot.

No big issues with Dobbs... just issue him a helmet with a tinted visor... and make him keep it on...

Witherspoon... not impressed, but not many Day 3 CBs are going to impress.

Langley... I don't see him making it this low, but I do like the player.

PK... don't care...

OT... don't know him...

Nice effort overall... and you nailed the most important pick...

Not too shabby. Just got done watching 3 of Dobbs' games and I gotta say, I don't see him lasting until rd 5. I will say this though, why spend a 1st rounder on Watson when you could spend a 3rd on Dobbs? Honestly, I think I'd rather have Dobbs than Watson straight up. Better arm, makes progressions/reads the entire field and had a LOT less help than Watson. It feels like any concern one would have with Dobbs, durability as a running QB, protecting the ball, etc. is also a concern with Watson.

Even though I couldn't see JuJu going at 12, or 22, you've already taken enough flak for that one.

Thanks for all the feedback folks. There were a lot of good ideas and suggestions. The dream start of Myles Garrett at #1 and OJ Howard at #12 always sounded too good to be true. If I did my mock 2-3 weeks ago, I still would have had Howard at 12.

Unfortunately, I had to be realistic that a guy like Sean Payton would love to get another version of Jimmy Graham - only this one can block and set the edge like a traditional TE. He can line up virtually anywhere and be a favorable match-up with an ideal catch radius with 4.5 speed. The Saints draft at #11 in case Buffalo, NYJ, Chicago, Jax and TN decide they don't want/need this guy. Aside from that, Antonio Gates isn't getting any younger with the Chargers at #7.

Speaking of pick #12, let's hope the Browns don't choke like I did. The combined skills of JuJu and Engram (at picks 12 and 33) still can't perform as many things/roles as well as Howard. My favorite video of him was in the first national championship matchup vrs Clemson where he had over 200 yards receiving on 5 receptions (3 of those were over 50 yards) and 2 TDs. He also had a nice block outside where he shielded off the inside of the only defender that could have made the tackle springing Henry for about a 50 yard TD. Here's a link of film of that matchup I've shared a couple times that people might not have seen yet. http://draftbreakdown.com/video/o-j-howard-vs-clemson-2015/

No tight end at #12, it's not a position that makes an immediate impact and that's what first rounders should be

I don't know. Seems that he would give serious life to the Browns' offense from the first exhibition game.

I'm looking for Hollywood HIggins to rock. Add Ju Ju or Zay Jones, with Howard, or Engram...

and the Browns would give any qb the opportunity to make great things happen.

The Saints draft at #11 in case Buffalo, NYJ, Chicago, Jax and TN decide they don't want/need this guy. Aside from that, Antonio Gates isn't getting any younger with the Chargers at #7.

Good stuff Flug..Teams that show a need at TE ahead of our 12..Bears,Jags,Jets,Saints..Greg Olsen in Carolina is now 32. Cinn. Eifert may never be the same. When Howard comes off board.Somebody may take a little reach on Jake Butt late 2nd,(my hope 3.1) to sit behind a vet TE a season. I hope it's Barney not Olsen. Butt could school Barney on how to block :ph34r:.I like Dobbs but at times he tries to over aim the ball in..He's fixable,with a good release, with no wide up..

Again.. you have us taking.. wait for it!.. Ba-dat-da!.. Another project QB.. Ive seen enough of those...

Just remember it was the one-legged man who pressured him into the game ending interception in OT. He will have plenty of those same opportunities with the Browns. Not a take even if he is Sushi smart.

I don't want Ju-Ju at #12, and I don't want a DT in the 2nd round. That's two entire rounds, of two picks each, with no secondary help. I realize that is addressed with the next two selections, but I think the secondary talent is extremely deep in the first two rounds, and I want in on it. Don't want to wait until the 3rd round to start filling the deepest hole on our team.

I'm with you though, and I would LOVE OJ Howard at #12, so hopefully he's still there. After seeing what Hue Jackson did with Tyler Eiffert, I seriously believe Howard is in play for us. If he is gone, and we DO want an offensive playmaker at 12 (besides QB), I'd feel better about Corey Davis or Mike Williams. Heck, I'd probably prefer Dalvin Cook or Fournette over Ju-Ju. To be fair, I don't know as much about the USC receiver, so it's possible I can change my mind as I review him as a prospect.

In the first round, I'm not opposed to going defense-defense. I understand that we're light on offensive playmakers, but if Malik Hooker is on the board, I want him. I honestly don't think he WILL be around, and he'll be gone WAY before 12, but that's my dream anyway. I'd also like to have Reuben Foster, even though our linebackers aren't a weak link. Heck, I'd even like us to go cornerback at 12 if there's a guy available we rate highly. Jamal Adams and Malik Hooker are probably long gone, we know this, but what if the top rated cornerback is on the board? Can you imagine coming out of the first round with the top rated pass rusher AND top rated corner? That's a helluva first day haul, and also happens to fill two GIANT needs.

Now, if our top corner and the two stud safeties are off the board (a very real possibility), then maybe we DO look at offense. If Howard is gone too, which I think he will be, then I'd prefer to go top WR on our board. I know I've read we're very high on Corey Davis. Our front office places a lot of stock in college production, and literally nobody on earth can point to more of that than Corey Davis. Mike Williams certainly isn't a slouch either, and while I haven't seen Ju-Ju's numbers, I can probably bet his numbers are impressive as well. I really DON'T want to go RB at #12, but I guess I'd be cool with it if the Browns truly believe a special talent is there. We all know I'm an FSU boy, so drafting Dalvin Cook would send me into the stratosphere.

We have a ton of options, and we're getting close to the actual day. We need to come away with IMPACT PLAYERS on day 1, and probably two more starters on day 2 (unless one is a QB, and then he'll probably wait a year). It's time to build our team.

EDIT: I read from several sources that Ju-Ju Schuster compares to Anquan Boldin. Since he's one of my favorite FSU players of all time, I am now sold on Ju-Ju as the #12 pick. Hahahaha. I have a funny story about Anquan, which I'm sure nobody wants to read on this long, and thoughtless post. Long story short, Anquan and I almost got into a fist-fight during a pickup basketball game. I almost died that day.

Here is a thought:

Read up on Chris Godwin, wr. There are teams who are looking at him in a later? round.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2017/3/8/14854112/2017-nfl-draft-scouting-report-chris-godwin-wr

and...

Tyus Bowser, DE/OLB (WITH A NAME LIKE "BOWSER", WHO BETTER TO ROUSE THE DAWG POUND?)

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/137093/tyus-bowser

from MSN.COM:

USA TODAY Troy Taormina-USA TODAY Sports

Tyus Bowser, Houston

The modern outside linebacker in the NFL needs to be able to do it all: rush the passer, set the edge against the run, and drop into coverage. Bowser checks every box, with the well-rounded skill set to excel in any scheme and do anything asked of him at the next level. He's barely scratching the surface of his potential, and his upside could entice a team to grab him late in the first round."

AND...

the secret quarterback that flies way under the radar:

Kyle Sloter, Northern Colorado

https://youtu.be/MNzyzlbOYu8

There are several teams eyeing these three sleepers bigtime.

We should draft each one right before any other AFC North teams do.

Late rounds matter.

1. garrett

8. trubisky (via trade)

i mean really he's rated the best QB prospect and he's from the cleve area and wants to play for the browns...........and it's about time we used some of these stupid late round picks to get a blue chipper.

it's a friggin no brainer.

No tight end at #12, it's not a position that makes an immediate impact and that's what first rounders should be

Going to take issue with that... same reasons I argue against elevating players on a draft board.

When I form that first prospect cluster under Garrett's cluster of one, I have no choice but to put OJH there. Such is his athleticism on tape. If you disagree about him belonging there based upon your take on his talent, then that's one thing, but an impact argument is entirely different. It's a fine criteria to move him either towards, or to, the bottom of that cluster... which is basically where he is on my board... but not out of it... IMO.

As for TE "impact"... we've had glimpses of really good TE play recently from Jordan "How could we let him go to Miami" Cameron thru Jim "Hey Look, I can block, too" Dray to Gary "Can't block, but I had a good year catching once" Barnidge. We loved them all. We felt their impact for one good year. Imagine feeling that way about one TE for a decade. Imagine feeling about a TE as we once did Ozzie.

I can... and his name is OJH.

With the exception of Long Snapper I think I can make a pretty good case for any other position's impact potential... if the player is good enough.

Read up on Chris Godwin, wr. There are teams who are looking at him in a later? round. http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2017/3/8/14854112/2017-nfl-draft-scouting-report-chris-godwin-wr

Liked Godwin's tape then his Combine numbers far exceeded my and, best I can tell, anyone's expectations. The kid was shaping up to be a Round 3 steal. Now it appears he's a Round 2 value.

Just remember it was the one-legged man who pressured him into the game ending interception in OT. He will have plenty of those same opportunities with the Browns. Not a take even if he is Sushi smart.

Dobbs definitely had some ball protection issues in that game, but let's not forget they shouldn't have even gotten to OT. UT couldn't protect him and his receivers couldn't catch a damn thing. I don't have the exact numbers but it felt like the receiving corps had more drops than completions.

I'm all good with Dobbs because it means they'll be taking a project in the mid rounds instead of a day one project. I've said it before but why someone would spend a 1st on Watson instead of a 3rd-4th on Dobbs is beyond me.

Here is a thought:

Read up on Chris Godwin, wr. There are teams who are looking at him in a later? round.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2017/3/8/14854112/2017-nfl-draft-scouting-report-chris-godwin-wr

and...

Tyus Bowser, DE/OLB (WITH A NAME LIKE "BOWSER", WHO BETTER TO ROUSE THE DAWG POUND?)

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/137093/tyus-bowser

from MSN.COM:

USA TODAY Troy Taormina-USA TODAY Sports

Tyus Bowser, Houston

The modern outside linebacker in the NFL needs to be able to do it all: rush the passer, set the edge against the run, and drop into coverage. Bowser checks every box, with the well-rounded skill set to excel in any scheme and do anything asked of him at the next level. He's barely scratching the surface of his potential, and his upside could entice a team to grab him late in the first round."

AND...

the secret quarterback that flies way under the radar:

Kyle Sloter, Northern Colorado

https://youtu.be/MNzyzlbOYu8

There are several teams eyeing these three sleepers bigtime.

We should draft each one right before any other AFC North teams do.

Late rounds matter.

After watching Kyle's highlight film, have to say he looks as good as any of the QB's in this draft, 6'4 218# has the size, quick release and takes the hit after the throw. If I can't get Tribs in the 1st. I'd be ok taking a flyer on this kid.....

Dobbs definitely had some ball protection issues in that game, but let's not forget they shouldn't have even gotten to OT. UT couldn't protect him and his receivers couldn't catch a damn thing. I don't have the exact numbers but it felt like the receiving corps had more drops than completions.

I'm all good with Dobbs because it means they'll be taking a project in the mid rounds instead of a day one project. I've said it before but why someone would spend a 1st on Watson instead of a 3rd-4th on Dobbs is beyond me.

Shouldn't have gotten to OT because the Ags were up by 20 maybe.

... why someone would spend a 1st on Watson instead of a 3rd-4th on Dobbs is beyond me.

One round per eyebrow?

After watching Kyle's highlight film...

Maybe it's called a "highlight film" for a reason???

No game tape on him at DraftBreakdown... and google only turns up highlights as well.

Archived