THE BROWNS BOARD

Flugel's Mock Draft on Tennessee Stupid Juice

Flugel

I don't want Ju-Ju at #12, and I don't want a DT in the 2nd round. That's two entire rounds, of two picks each, with no secondary help. I realize that is addressed with the next two selections, but I think the secondary talent is extremely deep in the first two rounds, and I want in on it. Don't want to wait until the 3rd round to start filling the deepest hole on our team.

I'm with you though, and I would LOVE OJ Howard at #12, so hopefully he's still there.

EDIT: I read from several sources that Ju-Ju Schuster compares to Anquan Boldin. Since he's one of my favorite FSU players of all time, I am now sold on Ju-Ju as the #12 pick. Hahahaha.

I appreciate your feedback before you knew anything about Smith-Schuster and after you looked him up. Which should I weigh heavier? Again, while I want OJ Howard at #12 - I had to be realistic about whether he'll still be available at #12 (same holds true for studs like Hooker and Adams). A lot of the popular faves will be gone so....

I still should have made a better choice than I did. My thought process at the time was Smith-Schuster had his best year in 2015 when Kessler was his QB catching 89 passes for 1454 yards and 10 TDs. If Kessler will be starting some games this year - why not re-acquaint him with his go-to guy from 2015? Pro Football Weekly's Draft Guide 2017 actually has Smith-Schuster rated as their #1 WR (ahead of Mike Williams at #2 and Corey Davis at #3) even if this swims against popular opinion.

Believe it or not, I know our secondary needs help so we're drafting Myles Garrett at #1 overall to stop giving passers all day to throw. You don't think that will help? IMO, we've never been able to evaluate our secondary with a decent pass rush. Again, if Hooker and Adams are as good as we all think they are - they should be long gone by #12 too. It's important to understand this when you're doing a mock draft right? It's also important to understand this draft is deep at DB. There's always good DBs in mid-late rounds as well as UFA. Richard Sherman rd 5, Chris Harris UFA, Cam Chancellor rd 6. All 3 of those guys have done their best work with a terrific pass rush upfront right?

Archived