THE BROWNS BOARD

Are you disappointed and why?

Westside Steve

Despise the Peppers pick and praying coach Williams can perform a miracle turn around.

Not overly happy with the trade up to 29. I don't believe the Steelers would have taken a TE.

That being said, overall, I'm quite happy with the way the FO went about their business and picks.

I like peppers and hope The old Gerbil works out. His grade, however, is all-over the board. I do worry we gave up a blue-chip in Hooker for a chance.

WSS

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not overly happy with the trade up to 29. I don't believe the Steelers would have taken a TE.

That being said, overall, I'm quite happy with the way the FO went about their business and picks.

The smoke in philly was we got in front of Pitts. to take Kizer @29 for the 5th year option?(not on TV?) my first thought was. no way, we'd pay anybody at anytime when we find a QB in Cleveland. It really seemed like after Kizer got past Pitt. at 30. Peterman was Steelers guy? Guess FO thought differently

Overall disappointed. Love the Garrett pick but didn't like anything after that. Thought there was enough talent at #12 that they could've added a second stud. Peppers is an unknown but it already sounds like they are going to try to fit him in 3 different roles. Njokewho again is a big question mark that they traded up to get. After we hear Slushy talk about filling numerous holes in the roster he takes two "projects" in the first round. A bit hypocritical to me. Again you truly can evaluate a draft until 2-3 years down the road which is good for the Browns since it appears that with the signing of Collins and the 2017 draft Ogbah and Nassib were wastes.

In what way was the drafting of Ogbah (2nd round) and Nassib (3rd round) a waste? Ogbah was making plays (even out of position) and Nassib was good for the first two games until he hurt his hand which hampered his development. He was also playing out of position. They are 4.3 Defensive ends trying to play linebacker in a 3.4. They both showed promise. Ndjoku was the second best tight end in the draft and has the most upside of any TE, said by almost every analyst considering he is only 20 years old!! Collins was hands down the best player on the defense when he came over last year and they only gave up a 3rd round compensatory pick for him. I will give you pepper's value is a little all over the board but he's exactly the type of high risk/reward player you take with your 2nd first round pick. If at worst he sucks at SS, his special teams abilities are elite. Bacon, you have the Jimmy Haslam effect going on where if it isn't fixed immediately it's a failure. I compare your thought process to the cubs fans in year 2 of the Theo era who were up in arms because he wouldn't sign high priced free agents, even after he explicitly told everyone what he was doing. How did that work out? Very few rookies ever make real impacts, including qb's (manning and luck sucked ass their first year). This regime has made it abundantly clear they are going to take talented players and need time to develop a roster. Give a team a chance before you call picks a waste.

Im less disappointed today, than I was yesterday.....which is now 2 days in a row....trending?

When I got out of bed today, I think I actually felt a twinge of optimism.....(of was it the rheumatism?)

To me, how I'm going to grade this draft will ultimately depend on how Kizer pans out. If he does, the FO gets an A+, if not, B-.

To me, how I'm going to grade this draft will ultimately depend on how Kizer pans out. If he does, the FO gets an A+, if not, B-.

Eh....I didnt want any of them anyway.....KNEW we'd have to pick another next year, so was happy to stick with Kess and the Ostrich, instead of having to burn a 1st - 2nd -3rd over 3 straight years.....add Johnny and its 4 outta 5 years....

So....I have no expectation that Kizer is the guy....nor do I think the Browns think Kizer is the guy....so that part of the draft is already graded low for me.....

Its all the others Im hoping meet expectations.....and if Kizer shines, then its like a huge bonus.....

So true... but soooooooooooooo boring... I mean I know this ain't mountain biking down Everest, but c'mon... it's all I gots!

So spice it up a lil... please...

OK, ok..... Then I give every pick an A (except for that thug dude, he gets an F-) for an overall A+ (once the future #1 is factored in)

and just for you T, headin' out to Everest while rocking the BB shirt and ribs all healed:

Browns%20Board_zpsss9q9swg.jpg

In what way was the drafting of Ogbah (2nd round) and Nassib (3rd round) a waste? Ogbah was making plays (even out of position) and Nassib was good for the first two games until he hurt his hand which hampered his development. He was also playing out of position. They are 4.3 Defensive ends trying to play linebacker in a 3.4. They both showed promise. Ndjoku was the second best tight end in the draft and has the most upside of any TE, said by almost every analyst considering he is only 20 years old!! Collins was hands down the best player on the defense when he came over last year and they only gave up a 3rd round compensatory pick for him. I will give you pepper's value is a little all over the board but he's exactly the type of high risk/reward player you take with your 2nd first round pick. If at worst he sucks at SS, his special teams abilities are elite. Bacon, you have the Jimmy Haslam effect going on where if it isn't fixed immediately it's a failure. I compare your thought process to the cubs fans in year 2 of the Theo era who were up in arms because he wouldn't sign high priced free agents, even after he explicitly told everyone what he was doing. How did that work out? Very few rookies ever make real impacts, including qb's (manning and luck sucked ass their first year). This regime has made it abundantly clear they are going to take talented players and need time to develop a roster. Give a team a chance before you call picks a waste.

Ogbah and Nassib won't be starters and will be fill in players and the Browns used a 2nd & 3rd on them. Drafting an elite special teamer #25th isn't smart and Ndjoku is still an unknown quantity on a team where the GM knows they need starters to come in right away and produce.

Ogbah and Nassib won't be starters and will be fill in players and the Browns used a 2nd & 3rd on them. Drafting an elite special teamer #25th isn't smart and Ndjoku is still an unknown quantity on a team where the GM knows they need starters to come in right away and produce.

I think you might be wrong here Hound.....Ogbah is starter stuff and will get better......and I dont know if you haven't watched Njoku yet, but he is a starter day 1......solid talent and an instant upgrade(me thinks).....Peppers?.....I think he'll start day 1 too, but at the least, will fix a glaring need on ST, whilst earning his defensive role....(but Im betting on 4 legit day 1 starters from this class....and no gimmes this year.....Garrett...Peppers....Njoku.....Gonzalez)

I think you might be wrong here Hound.....Ogbah is starter stuff and will get better......and I dont know if you haven't watched Njoku yet, but he is a starter day 1......solid talent and an instant upgrade(me thinks).....Peppers?.....I think he'll start day 1 too, but at the least, will fix a glaring need on ST, whilst earning his defensive role....(but Im betting on 4 legit day 1 starters from this class....and no gimmes this year.....Garrett...Peppers....Njoku.....Gonzalez)

You don't have Bryant, Collins, Garrett and Shelton as the D-Line? Njoku & Peppers will have to start because there is no one else.

At this point I wonder if we can even be sure Peppers plays D... great Crow leverage there.

Yeah... that makes sense... /s

OK, ok..... Then I give every pick an A (except for that thug dude, he gets an F-) for an overall A+ (once the future #1 is factored in) and just for you T, headin' out to Everest while rocking the BB shirt and ribs all healed:

">#doggoneshamed

On a girl's bike? Dude... even the dog looks embarrassed... but the tee rules...

You don't have Bryant, Collins, Garrett and Shelton as the D-Line? Njoku & Peppers will have to start because there is no one else.

Nope.....I have Collins at Lb....I have Ogbah and Garret as my DE's......and, for the moment, Shelton/Meder/Bryant as my best bets at tackle....but Meder and Bryant have competition now.....Brantley and the other guy who has a name I cant spell....

In fact....the 2 new guys(plus his age and injury) give me concern for Bryant going forward....he may no longer fit the mold here.....we'll see///

In re to Njoku and Peppers....both are up against 2 - 2nd year players that have shown a little something.....Peppers will have to beat out Kindred(who flashed then got hurt) and Campbell, who showed some good stuff too......same with Njoku.....I think he'd start on just about any team that drafted him, as he has amazing talent and size, but he still needs to beat out Devalve and Telfer....2 other 2nd year players who are getting opportunities.....

On a girl's bike? Dude... even the dog looks embarrassed... but the tee rules...

lol - most expensive girls bike in history! Yea, I love rockin' mik's tees.

Nope.....I have Collins at Lb....I have Ogbah and Garret as my DE's......and, for the moment, Shelton/Meder/Bryant as my best bets at tackle....but Meder and Bryant have competition now.....Brantley and the other guy who has a name I cant spell....

In fact....the 2 new guys(plus his age and injury) give me concern for Bryant going forward....he may no longer fit the mold here.....we'll see///

In re to Njoku and Peppers....both are up against 2 - 2nd year players that have shown a little something.....Peppers will have to beat out Kindred(who flashed then got hurt) and Campbell, who showed some good stuff too......same with Njoku.....I think he'd start on just about any team that drafted him, as he has amazing talent and size, but he still needs to beat out Devalve and Telfer....2 other 2nd year players who are getting opportunities.....

My bad so I thought Williams ran a 3-4.

You are much higher on Kindred & Campbell than I am. Question would be if the Browns had landed Jefferson would Peppers start over him?

I don't think any team in the NFL would be happy with Telfer or Devalve as their starting TE.

You are much higher on Kindred & Campbell than I am.

Im not high on them...just understand that they are 2 recently drafted prospects who only got their opportunity last season....and they are not such push overs that the FO is gonna give their jobs away w/o any competition....if Peppers beat em out(which is what we want), then he'll have earned it...

Question would be if the Browns had landed Jefferson would Peppers start over him?

I dont see how that's relevant....we didnt sign him, so who cares?.....With Jefferson, the more realistic question would be.....had we signed Jefferson, would we have even drafted Peppers?

I don't think any team in the NFL would be happy with Telfer or Devalve as their starting TE.

I think most would be happy to have Njoku coming in though.....if not all?

Post like these will win you facemask-free football helmets for your next nights sleep ;) Practice Time..Larry O'Gun Jobi /////////David No Joke kU B)

You are much higher on Kindred & Campbell than I am. Question would be if the Browns had landed Jefferson would Peppers start over him?

Garrett's presence ensures Ogbah will have a stellar year. Which one would you rather double team? And if Peppers is on D, I expect he comes from all angles. This looks like a Williams pick all the way.

Ogbah will be our starting LE/SDE. Hardly a "fill in" player.

absolutely loved the first round.

kizer? ehhhh... but what do i know.

instead of him i woulda gone OL or DB/S and grabbed kaaya later.

i'm willing to see what happens.

all i know is when the browns are 2 and 10 going into the coldest part of the year in OH there will be a lot of people bitching and not spending their money or time at the stadium. the FO has to show that last year's picks are adding to wins this year and so on.

if NOT these guys got one year left on a chair that's already teetering with a noose around their necks.

Drafted Peppers Not disappointed

Even tho we only drafted him once? What kinda homer are you?

Ogbah will be our starting LE/SDE. Hardly a "fill in" player.

And Nassib? Rotational 5/7? Situational 5/3? Both?

True Tourma. We could have drafted Wormley.

Methinks you've missed my point... which was "could have drafted Peppers more than once..."

See he plays multiple positions theref... eh... never mind...

Methinks you've missed my point... which was "could have drafted Peppers more than once..."

See he plays multiple positions theref... eh... never mind...

No, I got it. But I'd rather use the joke to push another Michigan guy haha. I'm still ecstatic with the one we got.

Eh....I didnt want any of them anyway.....KNEW we'd have to pick another next year, so was happy to stick with Kess and the Ostrich, instead of having to burn a 1st - 2nd -3rd over 3 straight years.....add Johnny and its 4 outta 5 years....

So....I have no expectation that Kizer is the guy....nor do I think the Browns think Kizer is the guy....so that part of the draft is already graded low for me.....

Its all the others Im hoping meet expectations.....and if Kizer shines, then its like a huge bonus.....

Question would be Mud- if the Browns didn't think Kizer is "the guy" then why waste a second round pick on him? FWIW, Hue already said Kizer is going ot get a chance to compete for the starting job. Really? I thought Deshone needed some time to "develop". The USA Today 2018 mock is out, and has us taking Darnold. Said it earlier- if that's the plan, just roll with Kessler and the Ostrich and "Suck for Sam".

lol - most expensive girls bike in history! Yea, I love rockin' mik's tees.

Nice bike, couldn't tell what the frame is though. Full suspension, disc brakes.

Question would be Mud- if the Browns didn't think Kizer is "the guy" then why waste a second round pick on him? FWIW, Hue already said Kizer is going ot get a chance to compete for the starting job. Really? I thought Deshone needed some time to "develop". The USA Today 2018 mock is out, and has us taking Darnold. Said it earlier- if that's the plan, just roll with Kessler and the Ostrich and "Suck for Sam".

Nice bike, couldn't tell what the frame is though. Full suspension, disc brakes.

My money is on "carbon fiber"...

On Kizer... we only have to like Kizer's chances of being the guy enough to risk a 2nd on him... pure risk reward. My guess is that we didn't see a dimes worth of difference between he and/or Mitch and/or DeShaun, but at the price of a 2nd vs. a first, DeShon was the right prospect at the right price.

As for letting him compete, why not? Which of our four has established himself at this point? Let the "competition" determine who is most ready to learn as a starter, and who gets to sit and learn.

Who is going to start at the other DE spot...assuming Garrett takes over one? Ogbah is the incumbent. Who do you think replaces him as starter?

My answer? no one.

No, I got it. But I'd rather use the joke to push another Michigan guy haha. I'm still ecstatic with the one we got.

Yes, we know that apparently all you care about are the Michidick guys on this roster.....so tell us this: does Stribling have a chance to contribute? I think he may.

Archived