THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump fires FBI Director James Comey

jbluhm86

Even people in Trump's own party are starting to call for an independent investigation into his Russian dealings. Firing Comey like this just throws fuel on to the fire. Not the best move on his part. Sad!

Richard Burr (R-NC), Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman:

“I am troubled by the timing and reasoning of Director Comey’s termination. I have found Director Comey to be a public servant of the highest order, and his dismissal further confuses an already difficult investigation by the Committee. In my interactions with the Director and with the Bureau under his leadership, he and the FBI have always been straightforward with our Committee. Director Comey has been more forthcoming with information than any FBI Director I can recall in my tenure on the congressional intelligence committees. His dismissal, I believe, is a loss for the Bureau and the nation.”

John McCain (R-AZ):

“While the President has the legal authority to remove the Director of the FBI, I am disappointed in the President's decision to remove James Comey from office. James Comey is a man of honor and integrity, and he has led the FBI well in extraordinary circumstances. I have long called for a special congressional committee to investigate Russia's interference in the 2016 election. The president's decision to remove the FBI Director only confirms the need and the urgency of such a committee.”

Justin Amash (R-MI), House Freedom Caucus:

"My staff and I are reviewing legislation to establish an independent commission on Russia. The second paragraph of [Trump's letter to Comey] is bizarre".

McCain....lol

Look these guys don't think of him as a republican. They are almost as pisssed off as the democrats and the press that he made them all look like dickheads. So he has hate from all sides. They will be happy when Jeb bush or somebody equally useless is back in charge. You know it j b.

WSS

I'm gonna need a fuckload of popcorn for this one...

I do have to say Trump is not nearly as impulsive as I feared... (/s)

... took him 18 days to fire Flynn...

... took him 5 months to fire Comey.

McCain....lol

Look these guys don't think of him as a republican. They are almost as pisssed off as the democrats and the press that he made them all look like dickheads. So he has hate from all sides. They will be happy when Jeb bush or somebody equally useless is back in charge. You know it j b.

WSS

Because he isn't.

Truth is:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-30/why-comey-broke-stack-resignation-letters-furious-fbi-agents

Is This Why Comey Broke: A Stack Of Resignation Letters From Furious FBI Agent

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2016/10/16/fbi-agents-see-director-comey-as-a-dirty-cop-says-former-us-attorney-n2232976

FBI Agents See Director Comey As A ‘Dirty Cop,’ Says Former U.S. Attorney

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/13/fbi-doj-roiled-by-comey-lynch-decision-to-let-clinton-slide-by-on-emails-says-insider.html

FBI, DOJ roiled by Comey, Lynch decision to let Clinton slide by on emails, says insider

Maybe Trump needed to get Comey off his back over for the Russian probe thing!

If true, that's probably one of the worst ways to go about it. Starting to get calls for an independent investigator on both sides of the isles now.

and the dems and comey sandbagged any attempt at an independent prosecutor over

clinton emails, and benghazi, and fast and furious, etc etc etc.

In all seriousness, I think Trump is losing his fucking mind. He can't take not being able to dictate policy to everyone and having it be followed. He is not the CEO of the USA, Inc. I think it is fucking with his mind and he is making some really big mistakes. It may lead to his removal from office eventually. Hail Pence.

and those terrific people in the FBI looked at him like he was a dirty cop.

obamao/higgardly liked corruption - it's who they are.

Trump knew comey was dirty. Look at the time he took to

find out what all was going on.

Comey LOST the rest of the FBI. I hope he did the leaking and goes to prison.

Even people in Trump's own party are starting to call for an independent investigation into his Russian dealings. Firing Comey like this just throws fuel on to the fire. Not the best move on his part. Sad!

Richard Burr (R-NC), Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman:

“I am troubled by the timing and reasoning of Director Comey’s termination. I have found Director Comey to be a public servant of the highest order, and his dismissal further confuses an already difficult investigation by the Committee. In my interactions with the Director and with the Bureau under his leadership, he and the FBI have always been straightforward with our Committee. Director Comey has been more forthcoming with information than any FBI Director I can recall in my tenure on the congressional intelligence committees. His dismissal, I believe, is a loss for the Bureau and the nation.”

John McCain (R-AZ):

“While the President has the legal authority to remove the Director of the FBI, I am disappointed in the President's decision to remove James Comey from office. James Comey is a man of honor and integrity, and he has led the FBI well in extraordinary circumstances. I have long called for a special congressional committee to investigate Russia's interference in the 2016 election. The president's decision to remove the FBI Director only confirms the need and the urgency of such a committee.”

Justin Amash (R-MI), House Freedom Caucus:

"My staff and I are reviewing legislation to establish an independent commission on Russia. The second paragraph of [Trump's letter to Comey] is bizarre".

It is a fool's errand to point out hypocrisy amongst politicians and political parties. There should be a consensus they are all hypocrites when it suits them. The latest is crying Chuck Schumer who not too long ago said he had lost confidence in Comey but now is crying foul when Trump deservedly fires him. The only mistake Trump made was not firing Comey on his first day in office.

Pence was asked a little bit ago whether President Trump ordered the new Deputy AG to conduct a review of Comey.

Pence said words, but never got close to an answer.

In all seriousness, I think Trump is losing his fucking mind. He can't take not being able to dictate policy to everyone and having it be followed. He is not the CEO of the USA, Inc. I think it is fucking with his mind and he is making some really big mistakes. It may lead to his removal from office eventually. Hail Pence.

A moment of lucidity that must be recognized... way to go homey. Only change I'd make would be dropping that "may"... and the name at the end...

It is a fool's errand to point out hypocrisy amongst politicians and political parties. There should be a consensus they are all hypocrites when it suits them. The latest is crying Chuck Schumer who not too long ago said he had lost confidence in Comey but now is crying foul when Trump deservedly fires him. The only mistake Trump made was not firing Comey on his first day in office.

As long as you recognize there's no better example than Trump, who praised Comey at the time for the very act he just cited as just cause for his firing, and Mitch McConnel, then I've no issue with the fact that hypocrisy differences from pol to pol are in general only a matter of degree.

Archived