THE BROWNS BOARD

Ship Osweiler?

sdballis

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whether (Brock) continues in the game against the 2's will be interesting.

And in the above linked Houston article is this:

The Brock Osweiler Era officially starts Thursday when the Browns play host to the Saints in the first preseason game.

That era may be short-lived however, as Browns coach Hue Jackson said part of the reason he's starting Osweiler is because Cody Kessler and rookie DeShone Kizer need more playing time.

There's a point where the incremental height "advantage" of each added inch meets the declining "fluidity" and you end up in the realm of "gangly". That's where I see Brock.

I hear ya. I haven't paid attention to Brock until we got him....so I'm quite anxious to watch him and see if he looks like a big gawk out there...or like a nfl QB.

There are certainly enough people who are saying he sucks.....but I'd like to formulate my own opinion on him based on what I actually see.

The Brock Osweiler Era officially starts Thursday when the Browns play host to the Saints in the first preseason game.

That era may be short-lived however, as Browns coach Hue Jackson said part of the reason he's starting Osweiler is because Cody Kessler and rookie DeShone Kizer need more playing time.

I think he means Kizer. I think he's relegating Kessler to afterthought status in his mind now. But hey, right now it's Brock's job to lose now. Two weeks into TC and Kessler's already lost the job. That leaves Kizer & Colonel Hogan.

I think (I'm doing a lot of thinking here, my head hurts) that Kessler only gets the job back if the Ostrich gets hurt.

I hear ya, O... I saw more than a little Brock last season. He'd look smooth on one drop then like a spaz on the next one. And he ran like McCown...

I don't want to sound to negative but you can bet the farm he will throw a pick on his first drive...

Pretty big talk with our farms...

Just read an account where trade talk opened with Fins wanting us to eat half Brock's salary and we asked for multiple picks... which is what linked article says...

Apparently it was a short call.

Fill in the blanks.

in the shorts, mia. got Cutler for 10M plus possible 3M more in incentives..If we assume multi-able is 2..Mia. wanted Browns to pay more than half of 16M & Browns wanted Multi-able picks back(2?,3?) from Mia. a little murky at this point..MKC is on it

Some punctuation would've helped, but a coherent thought combined with punctuation would've actually made this readable.

let's make it easy for you

Kessler has sucked all through camp and did not deserve first team reps (Jackson is a fool) and should be fired

kizer should be given every chance possible to show he can be are QB going forward

doe's that help ?

Well....I dont like the idea of consulting the Haavaad guys any more than you do....but think Huey has no choice......and think he is gun shy and afraid to go with Oz, because he knows they will trade him whether Hue wants them to or not....

Thats the issue....I dont think Hue is on board with so many of these moves....but he is a good camper....indeed....

So....my guess....he asks them "if oz does well, can I keep him?"........thats the consult....

Well our football friend, you just hit the head of the "nailed it"..Coach Huey is a damn good Camper...indeed

let's make it easy for you

Kessler has sucked all through camp and did not deserve first team reps (Jackson is a fool) and should be fired

kizer should be given every chance possible to show he can be are QB going forward

doe's that help ?

Better, but keep working on it and you'll get there in no time.

I don't want to sound to negative but you can bet the farm he will throw a pick on his first drive (If we do pass it on the first drive) Mite just be 3 runs but either way his first passing drive he will turn it over. He freaking blows

how much is your farm worth?

i bet he doesn't.

Osweiler is the only qb on the roster that's won an NFL game.

Word from anyone who's been to camp says Kizer is not ready.

I've been to camp and the scrimmage, and you are spot on. BO is the only QB that has moved the offense.

Archived