THE BROWNS BOARD

Ship Osweiler?

sdballis

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like Tannehill may be done for the year in Miami.

What would you like in return to reunite Osweiler with his former OC, Adam Gase?

I could actually see this happening

I waited all night for someone to start a Tannehill thread! Thanks so much? I would like to premise my remarks with; Why didn't Tannehill have surgery immediately after the partial tear last year? Why wouldn't the team doctors and the Dolphins Organization advise this QuarterBack to repair the knee immediately?

A partial tear is a ticking time bomb and I believe Tannehill is through! What were they thinking?

Now I know Tannehill is not elite but he was progressing under Adam Gase.

So here are the scenarios likely to happen in Miami; Jay Cutler, who worked under Gase., Brock Osweiler might be a fit and has experience. ( I want Kizer to start and believe he's our franchise QB)

Then there's the dreaded Kaepernick who insulted all of South Florida with his Pro Castro remarks and the popular Fidel Castro T-Shirt?

My guess? Miami contacts the Browns pertaining to Osweiler if Cutler isn't their guy.(He's no prize either)

Brock is young and in the right situation could have some success. Think of the draft picks we could get for this guy!

We would start Kessler/Kizer and dump Brock's salary and still come out a winner. Because the QB draft class of 2018 is a good one if things go sour. Which I doubt. Kizer needs refining but he's got an arm and all the tangibles, leadership, work ethic. One reporter says he stays out in the field long after everyone is gone trying to improve his skill set and he studies hard. He wants the job and if Hue is letting them openly compete good things are heading our way.

I hope Hue doesn't make a circus out of who's starting like Mike Pettine did.

Play the best guy and stand by your decision. That guy is Kizer!

Kessler might have better decision making but weak arm strength, holds on to the ball too long. He'll make a decent backup but nothing more.

If Cutler is open to listening it is logical that is who Gase goes for given they already worked together.

EDIT: However.................http://thebiglead.com/2017/08/03/the-miami-dolphins-should-trade-for-brock-osweiler-whom-adam-gase-loves-not-sign-colin-kaepernick/

And it would be so Brownsian for this to happen where Ossie goes on to become their franchise QB and the Browns look silly one more time for not keeping him.

^ And that's why Brock ain't heading to MIA...

They'll likely sign Cutler before anything.

It's the cheapest route to the highest level of QB play on the field... but did Gase have any sideline/ off-field "concerns" with Jay?

Wonder if the Dolphins will approach NE about Garrapolo.

Doesn't everyone? :)

vomiting in mouth reading this garbage.

really? this is what the cleveland browns franchise has come down to? the storied national champions with some of the greatest HOF players to touch sharts to Canton's cloth?

RALPH. BUICK.

Evil_vomit.png

^^^^^Real Quality content, thanks for always bringing this board up a notch.

If Tanny is out, Cutler makes way too much sense for them to go any other route. Cutler had arguably his best professional season under Gase and could step in almost immediately and get situated. Hell, I know Cutler is a damn enigma but that might make the Dolphins a team to watch out for.

Not sold on Kessler and see no issue with having guys compete for spots. I agree if a 2nd was on the table pull the trigger but a 3rd rounder is hit or miss.

I think you high pick people are approaching this the wrong way... Kessler is the starter (more reliable, better game manager than Oz), Kizer has the chance to be the future. Oz is the $16 million odd man out. If we can ship him for anything and unload his contract, I think our FO does it.

I think you high pick people are approaching this the wrong way... Kessler is the starter (more reliable, better game manager than Oz), Kizer has the chance to be the future. Oz is the $16 million odd man out. If we can ship him for anything and unload his contract, I think our FO does it.

Kessler is not good and know he is not better than osweiller

Oz is the $16 million odd man out. If we can ship him for anything and unload his contract, I think our FO does it.

Agreed.......I dont think people realize we got PAID to take Asspiler......(and his ridiculously huge contract)....

Anyone who thinks we are getting a high pick(1st-2nd-3rd) is karaaaazy.......No one is paying that high for a a very questionable player with a silly 16m contract......we'll be lucky to get a 4th or 5th and I think they'd take ANYTHING.....even a conditional 2022 7th rounder....

Look....if we GAVE him away.....we'd still have a 2nd rounder for free......if we took a 7th, then it's 2 picks for free....

Lets not get greedy.....

I will say that Asspiler looks better than the others.....in both of the practices Ive attended, as well as tonights scrimmage....

Agreed.......I dont think people realize we got PAID to take Asspiler......(and his ridiculously huge contract)....

Anyone who thinks we are getting a high pick(1st-2nd-3rd) is karaaaazy.......No one is paying that high for a a very questionable player with a silly 16m contract......we'll be lucky to get a 4th or 5th and I think they'd take ANYTHING.....even a conditional 2022 7th rounder....

Look....if we GAVE him away.....we'd still have a 2nd rounder for free......if we took a 7th, then it's 2 picks for free....

Lets not get greedy.....

why the hell not get greedy we are already on the books for his contract also if we do end up with him he is worth more than a 7th rounder than Kessler is to this team,,,cause if you havnt noticed Kessler sucks

On the books for his contract?.....hey, if we trade him, his contract goes with him.....

Now.....if your talking about agreeing to keep his contract(just so we can trade him), , then the price would obviously change.....but Im clearly referring to trading him AND his contract....

Still think your dreaming if you think he's worth a 2nd or 3rd.....no matter how good or bad Kessler is....(which has zero to do with Asspilers trade value)

Girls,

for the love of Christ, camp is open. You actually have shit to talk about and you are wasting time on the fantasy of what to do with Brock Ass-Oiler? Seriously? You are wasting your brain cells on this shit? What the fuck is next? Discussing the pros and cons of fucking Whoopie Goldturd versus fucking Debbie Wasserman Shits?

Seriously, are you guys like coming out of an off season coma?

Whatdafuck man. Nobody wants to hear this meaningless bullshit. I want the Browns to win football games. This shit has nothing to do with that.

Cutler blows. Sam Bradford from Vanderbilt. If Miami wants to shit the season away like the Vikings did last season by all means go ahead and sign him up. Cutler is a loser.

Right now, Garrapolo looks a whole lot better than the motley crew of QBs available. Castronick, Johnny Highball, Cutlet and the rest of the scrubs.

Musket boooo.Pats are not getting a kings ransom for Jimmy G now. They need him #1. He's free next season #2. Tanny just re-signed till 2021 #3. Cutler wants paid as a #1 starting QB to play for Case(thats not likely to happen either) who cares but boooo...Go Browns!!

^^^^^Real Quality content, thanks for always bringing this board up a notch.

If Tanny is out, Cutler makes way too much sense for them to go any other route. Cutler had arguably his best professional season under Gase and could step in almost immediately and get situated. Hell, I know Cutler is a damn enigma but that might make the Dolphins a team to watch out for.

considering that the team has become irfuckingrelevent since the 80s......it takes a pro.

obviously you are not up to the task young squire.

Lets not get greedy.....

I will say that Asspiler looks better than the others.....in both of the practices Ive attended, as well as tonights scrimmage....

Exactly Mud. Just because the Texans gifted us a second round pick to take Brock (and his contract) off their hands doesn't mean that's his trade value. far from it.

Lets not get greedy.....

Glad you're on board now. :)

Wonder if the Dolphins will approach NE about Garrapolo. No way I see them trading JG in the division with his knowledge of the NE offense.

If Miami came at Cleveland with a 2nd round pick you have to pull the trigger and trade

Nobody wants Garrcrapollo

BO should be the starter, forget about the contract it means absolutely nothing to you and I , people in here act as if they are managing their fantasy salary cap. It's only a 1 yr 16 mil contract paid out of haslem accct. BO has been the best QB in camp since day one.

BO should be the starter, forget about the contract it means absolutely nothing to you and I , people in here act as if they are managing their fantasy salary cap. It's only a 1 yr 16 mil contract paid out of haslem accct. BO has been the best QB in camp since day one.

I suspect that by the time the season starts BO will start, Kizer will get the most playing time as backup, Hogan will be #3 and Kessler will be either gone or on the PS if eligible. Kessler just looks lost compared to the other 3.

Just another early QB "Ship" Topic has sunken to the abyss of Lake BrownsBoard :lol: Could you & MKC please exchange QB notes before she Sinks SS Oz too?..keep the reports coming TopDawg(no wonder we sent our topdawg to camp)..

Archived