THE BROWNS BOARD

Ship Osweiler?

sdballis

I'm not even sure Mary Kay is even attending camp, Kessler still will not throw the ball more than 5 yrds downfield, kizer is all over the place with his throws and BO just keeps consistent drop them in where the need to be, he does have an occasional WTF pass but not a whole lot of them

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not even sure Mary Kay is even attending camp, Kessler still will not throw the ball more than 5 yrds downfield, kizer is all over the place with his throws and BO just keeps consistent drop them in where the need to be, he does have an occasional WTF pass but not a whole lot of them

Pretty much microcosms last night's 'game'.

Yep....gotta say that I keep hearing how Kizer is threatening to start, but have yet to see any reason why. In practice AND in last nights scrimmage, he appears to immediately telegraph where the ball is going(he locks into his intended rcvr) and his throws do not appear accurate or show much touch.....missed an easy TD last night(for example)....

Brock "looks" the best....yet has not received any first team reps......Hue says this is because he already knows what we have in Brock and needs to see the other guys.....but we all know that you give first team reps to whomever you plan to start or play.....

First, I thought we'd dump Brock....then, after seeing him practice, I thought we'd give him a shot at starting.....but now Im going back to thinking we have no plans for him, other than finding him a new home.....

Like you said Mud, Hue really doesn't need to see as much of BO, he'll let the other two play BO into the starting position.

Here's my issue with that.....(or issuessss)...

1) Hue can see them all, whether they practice with the first team or the third team.....(period)

2) It's critical to develop chemistry and timing between QB's, WR's, RB's and the OL.....and NOW is the time to do it.....so, playing your third QB with the ones does nothing except deter team chemistry and development.....(when "right now" is the time to do it)

3) Last season, it was HUE who said our back ups struggled because they hadnt gotten the opportunity to work with the ones and that their poor performance was mostly due to always practicing with the scout team, etc......so, IF that was the case last year, why work your 2nd and 3rd stringers with the ones now?.....

So....I dont buy the "we know what we have" deal......if Brock was anywhere near being considered for starter, he'd be getting some 1st team reps.....

I think we can all agree that he looked the best last night(in real action).....so, it will be interesting to see what this week brings in terms of reps.....

After thurs the order should be BO, kizer, Hogan, send Kessler packing you can't fix timid.

Here's my issue with that.....(or issuessss)...

1) Hue can see them all, whether they practice with the first team or the third team.....(period)

2) It's critical to develop chemistry and timing between QB's, WR's, RB's and the OL.....and NOW is the time to do it.....so, playing your third QB with the ones does nothing except deter team chemistry and development.....(when "right now" is the time to do it)

3) Last season, it was HUE who said our back ups struggled because they hadnt gotten the opportunity to work with the ones and that their poor performance was mostly due to always practicing with the scout team, etc......so, IF that was the case last year, why work your 2nd and 3rd stringers with the ones now?.....

So....I dont buy the "we know what we have" deal......if Brock was anywhere near being considered for starter, he'd be getting some 1st team reps.....

I think we can all agree that he looked the best last night(in real action).....so, it will be interesting to see what this week brings in terms of reps.....

He looked the best, but he didn't look good.

You said it yourself, its chemistry. They mentioned during the game that he's had the most reps with the players he played with last night, so of course he's slightly more comfortable.

What we saw from BO inthat scrimmage is exacerbated by the fact that the other QB's played like dog shit, so of course he looks better by comparison.

Kizer looked just fine to me for the point we're at right now. He had two very good passes that were dropped by DeValve and Louis, and then he had a few get away from him by a hair. He's clearly going to be our starter.

He's clearly going to be our starter.

I wouldnt be surprised.....which is kind of what Im saying......

My main thought is that Id prefer the guy who "looks the best" to play.....but thats just me.....if they want to burn another year on development over trying to win, then so be it.....I get that we aint going to the playoffs or anything.....just hate having a team that is not trying(their best) to win now......or starting players who haven't earned the position in camp

I wouldnt be surprised.....which is kind of what Im saying......

My main thought is that Id prefer the guy who "looks the best" to play.....but thats just me.....if they want to burn another year on development over trying to win, then so be it.....I get that we aint going to the playoffs or anything.....just hate having a team that is not trying(their best) to win now......or starting players who haven't earned the position in camp

I take exception to this. IN all honesty starting Ass-oiler is a move antithetical to what the FO has been blabbering about, and that I have been ear fucked with on this board for the past two years.

Building for the future? Exactly what future is there with Ass-oiler? Why does it even matter if he is playing better than the other guys? Am I to believe that the mystical brass ring we are reaching for extends only to the height of "he looked better than the other guys in camp?" This stupidity, inconsistency and hypocrisy is a big part of why I have grown so bitter towards this team, and in a large part, its fans.

If I was in Hue Jackson's shoes, I would be asking myself, "what tools are at my disposal to elevate this team and take it to a higher place than it has ever been before?" Starting Ass-Oiler is his answer?

If I was in Hue Jackson's shoes I would not be building a team around the level Ass-Oiler is playing. I would ask myself, who on this team can mature and play way above the level BO can play? THAT is the guy who gets the start. Deshone Kizer is the only QB the Browns have with unknown upside. He has greater physical skills, and from what I see, the kind of ego, fire and chutzpah to change the dynamics of an entire football team.

You guys can fucking debate analytics, mechanics and all the other mindless mental masturbation that surrounds the Browns continued low achievement behavior, but win, lose or bust, Deshone Kizer is the only active QB lottery ticket the Browns have. You know it, I know it and the experts know it. The only one who doesn't seem to know it is this dumb cocksucker head coach. There is nothing exciting in the potential offered by these other jackoff QBs. There is no potential wow factor in anyone but Kizer.

So why engineer a fucking young team around a QB that everyone not in a coma realizes, has absolutely no possibility of being the teams leader a year from now? We have already seen this shitbag of Hogan, Kessler, Ass-Oiler and the pizza delivery guy.

For the love of Christ, if you spew that you are building for the future, play the only fucking guy you have who represents a possibility of being here in the future. Play Kizer. Start Kizer. Send a message that Kizer is the fucking leader and that EVERYONE needs to help this guy achieve success. Let the goddamned guy fuck up. Let him stink the plact to high heaven. Let him make big plays. Let him learn. See his shortcomings and work with him, develop him.

I can't even believe that after drafting the kid we are fucking around with a turd because what? We may win a few games more with him?

Fucking self-deprecating, self-limiting,stupid, idiotic. aim for 3 - 13 logic. Hue Jackson is an incompetent jackoff. What fucking tone is this guy setting?

If you don't let the compitition dictate the oUT come then the questions begin why the fuck should I try, he got drafted before me so I don't have a chance.

Well, Hue has shown he is very skilled at starting players based only upon what he hopes they are, instead of which one plays the best......happy you 2 agree.....

For me.....football is something I do for fun(ie: I want to enjoy it)....like a movie or a good book.....so, no matter what, I want our best players on the field each week......and dont want to watch a shit show training game just because it's might get me a good game to watch five years down the road....

Osweiler will most likely start at some point during the season, unless Kessler can stay healthy and perform..
Problem with that is, we don't really know how durable Kess will be..

I agree with Ghoolie, Kizer has the most upside, but needs at least a year to develop, and if we are right back to where we were last season, there is no doubt we draft a QB #1 next year..

I really hope this team turns the corner and goes back to the way we were in '14. 7-9 would be a dramatic improvement..

I take exception to this. We have already seen this shitbag of Hogan, Kessler, Ass-Oiler and the pizza delivery guy.

Jackson is an incompetent jackoff. What fucking tone is this guy setting?

Your killing me here.lol..Watch as I cut this Kizer Bun in half than magically seal him back together in a year with the Magic of Kizer Butter...each sold separately. Jimma just spent over a hundy million.It deserves some W's in return

On the books for his contract?.....hey, if we trade him, his contract goes with him.....

Now.....if your talking about agreeing to keep his contract(just so we can trade him), , then the price would obviously change.....but Im clearly referring to trading him AND his contract....

Still think your dreaming if you think he's worth a 2nd or 3rd.....no matter how good or bad Kessler is....(which has zero to do with Asspilers trade value)

I get ya man, I do but as of right now unless we bring in someone else osweiller is are best bet to start the season

Lack of work with the 1's was the least of Kess' and Hogan's problems last season...

At the risk of coming perilously close to agreeing with Ghoolie... there is a showcasing aspect for Osweiler in play. He works with backups so he can play against backups in preseason. He plays against backups so he looks as good as he possibly can to enhance his trade value. The hope is to snare a couple teams' interest... but fans will get tangled in that trap... happens every season... this one will be no different.

Look....if we GAVE him away.....we'd still have a 2nd rounder for free......if we took a 7th, then it's 2 picks for free....

We did send a 2017 4th to HOU... so not exactly "free"... but we did also get a 2017 6th which was folded into the draft day trade with the Jets that ultimately landed us Rod Johnson.

Cleveland also will receive the Texans' 2018 second-round pick and a 2017 sixth-round pick (No. 188 overall). Houston will get a 2017 fourth-round pick (No. 142), and save $10 million in salary-cap space and $16 million in cash this season.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18865517/houston-texans-trade-brock-osweiler-2018-second-round-pick-cleveland-browns

Camp just started and you do not know who else goes down. Tanny wont be on the roster this season so no salary.

Who cares that he is signed till 2021 - NFL contracts are not fully guaranteed.

Ummmm... no... Players hurt in football related activities, e.g., workouts, practices and games, are paid their full weekly salary plus any scheduled bonuses. And the player cannot be cut until he is cleared to play, so the contract remains in force and each year there is a drop-dead date of June 1st at which time the upcoming year's guarantees kick in.

The only way the above is not applicable is if an "injury settlement" is negotiated soon after the IR designation is made. In this case the contract is voided and the player becomes an UFA for all but the team he was with. There's an extra delay (I think it's 6 weeks) until his original team can sign him. This is not a route the Fins are likely to take.

It's the difference between being fully guaranteed and not... (FIFY you above).

Lack of work with the 1's was the least of Kess' and Hogan's problems last season...

At the risk of coming perilously close to agreeing with Ghoolie... there is a showcasing aspect for Osweiler in play. He works with backups so he can play against backups in preseason. He plays against backups so he looks as good as he possibly can to enhance his trade value. The hope is to snare a couple teams' interest... but fans will get tangled in that trap... happens every season... this one will be no different.

We did send a 2017 4th to HOU... so not exactly "free"... but we did also get a 2017 6th which was folded into the draft day trade with the Jets that ultimately landed us Rod Johnson.

Cleveland also will receive the Texans' 2018 second-round pick and a 2017 sixth-round pick (No. 188 overall). Houston will get a 2017 fourth-round pick (No. 142), and save $10 million in salary-cap space and $16 million in cash this season.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18865517/houston-texans-trade-brock-osweiler-2018-second-round-pick-cleveland-browns

Ummmm... no... Players hurt in football related activities, e.g., workouts, practices and games, are paid their full salary. And the player cannot be cut until he is cleared to play, so the contract remains in force and each year there is a drop-dead date of June 1st at which time the upcoming year's guarantees kick in.

The only way the above is not applicable is if an "injury settlement" is negotiated soon after the IR designation is made. In this case the contract is voided and the player becomes an UFA... not a route the Fins are likely to take.

It's the difference between being fully guaranteed and not... (FIFY you above).

BO went against the ones last night and did pretty well.

I take exception to this. IN all honesty starting Ass-oiler is a move antithetical to what the FO has been blabbering about, and that I have been ear fucked with on this board for the past two years.

Building for the future? Exactly what future is there with Ass-oiler? Why does it even matter if he is playing better than the other guys? Am I to believe that the mystical brass ring we are reaching for extends only to the height of "he looked better than the other guys in camp?" This stupidity, inconsistency and hypocrisy is a big part of why I have grown so bitter towards this team, and in a large part, its fans.

If I was in Hue Jackson's shoes, I would be asking myself, "what tools are at my disposal to elevate this team and take it to a higher place than it has ever been before?" Starting Ass-Oiler is his answer?

If I was in Hue Jackson's shoes I would not be building a team around the level Ass-Oiler is playing. I would ask myself, who on this team can mature and play way above the level BO can play? THAT is the guy who gets the start. Deshone Kizer is the only QB the Browns have with unknown upside. He has greater physical skills, and from what I see, the kind of ego, fire and chutzpah to change the dynamics of an entire football team.

You guys can fucking debate analytics, mechanics and all the other mindless mental masturbation that surrounds the Browns continued low achievement behavior, but win, lose or bust, Deshone Kizer is the only active QB lottery ticket the Browns have. You know it, I know it and the experts know it. The only one who doesn't seem to know it is this dumb cocksucker head coach. There is nothing exciting in the potential offered by these other jackoff QBs. There is no potential wow factor in anyone but Kizer.

So why engineer a fucking young team around a QB that everyone not in a coma realizes, has absolutely no possibility of being the teams leader a year from now? We have already seen this shitbag of Hogan, Kessler, Ass-Oiler and the pizza delivery guy.

For the love of Christ, if you spew that you are building for the future, play the only fucking guy you have who represents a possibility of being here in the future. Play Kizer. Start Kizer. Send a message that Kizer is the fucking leader and that EVERYONE needs to help this guy achieve success. Let the goddamned guy fuck up. Let him stink the plact to high heaven. Let him make big plays. Let him learn. See his shortcomings and work with him, develop him.

I can't even believe that after drafting the kid we are fucking around with a turd because what? We may win a few games more with him?

Fucking self-deprecating, self-limiting,stupid, idiotic. aim for 3 - 13 logic. Hue Jackson is an incompetent jackoff. What fucking tone is this guy setting?

Kizer has no fire and chuzpah.. He has the personality of a dumb rock.

How would you feel about Trading Brock for the Phins back up Moore? He would be a good enough proven back up with a pissed attitude after getting the shaft in Miami (That is if we do stick with Kessler ) I mean he was the 2nd string and when the starter got hurt they over looked him? He was 2-2 last year as a starter........Just an idea. What we say does not amount to shit, just throwing the idea out there. To be honest I never thought Brock was going to make the team when we got him in the trade to begin with. GO BROWNS

How would you feel about Trading Brock for the Phins back up Moore? He would be a good enough proven back up with a pissed attitude after getting the shaft in Miami (That is if we do stick with Kessler ) I mean he was the 2nd string and when the starter got hurt they over looked him? He was 2-2 last year as a starter........Just an idea. What we say does not amount to shit, just throwing the idea out there. To be honest I never thought Brock was going to make the team when we got him in the trade to begin with. GO BROWNS

This just reeks of the Delhomme debacle. No thanks.

Kizer has no fire and chuzpah.. He has the personality of a dumb rock.

I heard this in my mind in DickHead Patrick's voice...... made it awesome.

Who starts at QB to open the NFL season?

This is the NFL. It is the pinnacle of football in the US. It's not Tee-Ball where all the kiddies get to play.

You play the QB that gives you the BEST chance to win the game.

So, you go through camp and the preseason and if the Ostrich has outplayed the rest then HE starts. Period! That is what you owe to the team and it's what you should do at all positions.

Now...as we go through the season...if we see that the team is not winning games...and we're not going to be going to the playoffs...and the QB is not lighting it up...then, IMO, if Kizer seems ready enough to play tackle football then he should be put in to see what sort of future might be in store for him.

Who starts at QB to open the NFL season?

This is the NFL. It is the pinnacle of football in the US. It's not Tee-Ball where all the kiddies get to play.

You play the QB that gives you the BEST chance to win the game.

So, you go through camp and the preseason and if the Ostrich has outplayed the rest then HE starts. Period! That is what you owe to the team and it's what you should do at all positions.

Now...as we go through the season...if we see that the team is not winning games...and we're not going to be going to the playoffs...and the QB is not lighting it up...then, IMO, if Kizer seems ready enough to play tackle football then he should be put in to see what sort of future might be in store for him.

Well then dump Osweiler and it's no longer an issue. Then it's whoever is left that gives you the best chance.

Well then dump Osweiler and it's no longer an issue. Then it's whoever is left that gives you the best chance.

That's ONE theory I guess....

I doubt seriously the theory that we are trying to showcase Ossie so we can foist him on someone else. Our current meager choices at QB preclude that, especially if he proves out far better than expected and the best one on the team. If he beats the others out, then he's our QB and we eat the contract.

Archived