THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon

domcucch1994

Roger GoToHell is an ass. I hate him.

But Josh Gordon is an ass too.

He has let every one of us Browns fans down. REPEATEDLY!

Josh made conscious decisions. And those decisions let us Browns fans (and team-mates) down.

I'm done feeling sorry for Josh. He and Roger GoToHell deserve each other.

goodell is a yes man for the owners. so hate him. hate the owners and what do you have left?

no football.

and why are we all here? football.

rules and regs in everything you do in life. sorry you haven't grasped that concept yet.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roger GoToHell is an ass. I hate him.

But Josh Gordon is an ass too.

He has let every one of us Browns fans down. REPEATEDLY!

Josh made conscious decisions. And those decisions let us Browns fans (and team-mates) down.

I'm done feeling sorry for Josh. He and Roger GoToHell deserve each other.

Exactly.

goodell is a yes man for the owners. so hate him. hate the owners and what do you have left?

no football.

and why are we all here? football.

rules and regs in everything you do in life. sorry you haven't grasped that concept yet.

Have you followed Roger GoToHell's rulings at all?

How 'bout the one where the player punched the lights out of his girlfriend in the elevator and then dragged her out by her hair....and GoToHell said that the player told him that he was sorry and that everything is ok now. THEN, the video comes out and all hell breaks loose and GoToHell has to change his stance because of all of the media backlash.

I have to assume that you do not follow some of GoToHell's rulings.

Boo, Honestly Roger should be just as pist-off as most Browns Fans are. He made Josh the first suspended player to walk with his teammates hoping it would make a difference.He F'd him too. The NFLPA has not said peeps about it & stand behind Roger on it imo. Frank-fully Josh probably can't pay a agent at this time nor does Josh even qualify as a NFLPA member? Josh was in & out of a drug & alcohol rehab in under 3 weeks..That's not going to fly imho.. Meanwhile to the non-million-narries in the house..even Josh at some point has been here https://youtu.be/GhEqHYr-_1c

Great post! We still have people posting "poor Josh only got suspended for marijuana once" and players in the random population probably smoke more than Josh.

All it ever took to understand why this "poor Josh" is where he is today began with a look at his entry into the NFL with a prerequisite of understanding the background of how he needed to be drafted (and why that was different from the draftees that didn't get kicked off their college programs twice as well as testing positive in the next college program he never got on the field for). And before all that, why Baylor remained the only interested major D-I college in such an elite football talent coming out of high school.

There's appropriate lyrics from the 70s that sum up why Josh is where he is now that go "how long - has this been going on?" But, Gordon has always been great at getting people to fall for a sincerity that he loves football so much, he's going to learn from it this time. So, this very EVIL NFL said - "okay, we'll give you options/choices so you can make good on how serious you'll take it." And the one "poor Josh" picked and agreed to was to begin in the NFL Substance Abuse program, meaning no beers with teammates plus on-going testing at any time. This also meant a 1st positive test for anything was a suspension unlike draftees/players that began/kept their careers in the random testing population.

Our favorite team and much of our fan-base (including/especially me at the beginning of his golden opportunity) bought that sincerity, hook-line and sinker. 5 years later there's still guys in here arguing tooth and nail that it's only pot or he's only tested positive for pot once (please disregard the creeps he keeps though) and it's not fair that other people get away with recreational drug use because they aren't tested as often.

In the end, Josh Gordon is just another Johnny Manziel only this version had elite NFL talent. If you were against Manziel's putting partying before football - Josh Gordon is Johnny Manziel Cubed. Let's hope he took his rehab a little more serious because this "poor Josh" that never seems to get any chances will probably get another chance to pass piss tests; so that he can play this game of football he allegedly loves so much to prioritize all throughout both college programs and his first 5 years in the NFL. Stay tuned...

Gordon can apply to Goodell again this fall. Goodell will let him back in just watch.

Its says that Gordon wont be a FA until 2018. That means Gordon is still in the NFL and in the NFLPA. http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/8282/josh-gordon

You wonder if this soap opera is going to continue and for how long?

From that Roto link.....

Josh Gordon - WR - Browns

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports suspended WR Josh Gordon's agent "terminated their relationship" roughly two weeks ago.

It could be a sign that Gordon isn't putting forth his best efforts to get back into the NFL despite applying for reinstatement in March. On Thursday, it was revealed the league has denied his petition to return to the league. This could be the end of the line for the 26-year-old. It may finally be safe to cut Gordon in Dynasty leagues. He's never going to be what he was.

Source: Josina Anderson on Twitter ......May 11 - 12:41 PM

I promised not to comment on Gordon until we had concrete information about his situation, so I'll keep this brief.

I completely believe our team would much rather move on from Gordon, but we're in a curious position. We may need to swallow our pride and wait this out because we're so thin at WR talent, and we all know what Josh can do if he ever gets on the field. Problem is, even IF Josh is allowed back into the league, the chances of him actually navigating the strict conditions of his reinstatement are pretty damn low. He'd be tested 100 times a week, and who knows if he's really gotten clean. I think the NFL knows they kind of screwed up with Gordon, and if you look at what he's actually done, it's not that bad. We're not talking about some guy who is a menace to society here, we're talking about a guy with a substance abuse problem. He's not taking steroids for an advantage, he's not beating up people at bars, he's not some jerk his teammates can't stand (just guessing, could be wrong), and the only awful thing he's done is drive while intoxicated. That's something that can really hurt someone, but thankfully nothing happened other than the arrest.

I root for Josh, as I root for all people who battle substance abuse. Please keep in mind that nobody wakes up and WANTS to be an addict. They don't WANT to be a huge disappointment. Is Josh responsible for his actions? Of course he is, but it doesn't mean he's a terrible person.

Well I hope he can come back because all reports on Ricardo Louis is he has hands of stone.. what ive seen thus far...

Got to thinking.

Really is no need for an agent if Gordon is in the final season of his contract with no new deal on the horizon. This has to be rock bottom for Gordon. He doesnt strike me as person who would invest his money wisely for the future.

As a general rule you never go without an agent he is your point man for contacting anyone in the NFL. Changing agents maybe but you generally have another ready to go. Plus the fees are pretty much set now so no big deal there and they don't generally collect unless your contract is in force.

Generally. (I use that word a lot especially with this stuff.)

It's 2017, a football player should be allowed to smoke a joint after a football game,

but its ok to pop prescription opiates like its candy right? Big Pharma must be in the NFL's pocket if weed is still outlawed..

Gordon has payed his debts, let the man play again.

Donte Stallworth killed some motherfucker, but was still allowed to play.

Actually, Josh Gordon has been banned longer for smoking dope than Stallworth was for manslaughter... HYPOCRITES!

Great post! We still have people posting "poor Josh only got suspended for marijuana once" and players in the random population probably smoke more than Josh.

So, this very EVIL NFL said - "okay, we'll give you options/choices so you can make good on how serious you'll take it." And the one "poor Josh" picked and agreed to was to begin in the NFL Substance Abuse program, meaning no beers with teammates plus on-going testing at any time. This also meant a 1st positive test for anything was a suspension unlike draftees/players that began/kept their careers in the random testing population.

I haven't seen anyone post anything about "once".

I see no optional routes in the NFL policy for a player to choose between. And although softened a bit you continue to conflate the Drug and Alcohol sections. Why?

It's 2017, a football player should be allowed to smoke a joint after a football game,

but its ok to pop prescription opiates like its candy right? Big Pharma must be in the NFL's pocket if weed is still outlawed..

Gordon has payed his debts, let the man play again.

Donte Stallworth killed some motherfucker, but was still allowed to play.

Actually, Josh Gordon has been banned longer for smoking dope than Stallworth was for manslaughter... HYPOCRITES!

Your post is more than spot on. It should be a rallying point for every Browns fan that is sick and tired of all the shit, from Modell on forward that we have been forcefed.

Where is the ACLU and NAACP over this? Where is the player union.

Worse, this Hoorta-ism culture of "FUCK HIM WE DON"T NEED HIM" has been rotting the Browns spirit and energy for 20+ years now. Just where is this pool of great playakers who are also boy scouts?

Fucking idiot Browns fans.

I'm pretty sure both the ACLU and NAACP are on record in support of liberalizing, if not legalizing, pot laws.

Where's your Congressman? Senator? President?

The key word in that sentence is 'should'.

There SHOULD be peace on earth. There SHOULD be no people dying of starvation. There SHOULD be equality. There SHOULD be a santa clause.

But SHOULD and 25 cents will get ya a phone call.

We HAVE TO live in the reality that exists. And Josh is one of us WE's. HIS choice was to NOT abide by the rules (stupidly oppressive as they may be). I'm done feeling sorry for his situation. It was HIM that screwed us is the way I now look at it.

The key word in that sentence is 'should'.

There SHOULD be peace on earth. There SHOULD be no people dying of starvation. There SHOULD be equality. There SHOULD be a santa clause.

But SHOULD and 25 cents will get ya a phone call.

We HAVE TO live in the reality that exists. And Josh is one of us WE's. HIS choice was to NOT abide by the rules (stupidly oppressive as they may be). I'm done feeling sorry for his situation. It was HIM that screwed us is the way I now look at it.

Leveon Bell SHOULD receive the same suspensions as Josh Gordon....given that he has had just as many violations.

Maybe Gordon SHOULD sue the league over this lack of equality.

This was a reply to you on August 6th in the WR thread:

Yep.....out of all his NFL suspensions, only one was actually for weed.....

Ah... Mud's reply when I pointed out that Josh's last suspension was alcohol-related after "the charter flight".

Since Mud's statement is true, I've lost track of what your point was...

Precisely! This is about as well as I've seen anyone sum it up.

Leveon Bell SHOULD receive the same suspensions as Josh Gordon....given that he has had just as many violations.

Maybe Gordon SHOULD sue the league over this lack of equality.

It's an unwinable lawsuit for Josh. Bell is a Steeler. There's different rules for Steelers.

- thanks Flugel -

Well I hope he can come back because all reports on Ricardo Louis is he has hands of stone.. what ive seen thus far...

you must be at camp ?

cause all that I have heard reported is that he was doing really well

photo-thumb-244.jpg?_r=1502113707 The teams had such good lookin' jersey's back then. The sleeve stripes look ridiculous on today's uni's.

I've always liked the classic uniforms from the past....but that's when I was first introduced to the greatest game on earth American Football!

I still like the BROWNS classic all white uniforms.

I've always liked the classic uniforms from the past....but that's when I was first introduced to the greatest game on earth American Football!

I still like the BROWNS classic all white uniforms.

I know Z would go bonkers if he thought we were going gay and talking about uniforms....but you are right. The Browns classic uniforms were so much better than the clown outfits Browns players have to wear today.

So, I guess we just done gone gay.

I know Z would go bonkers if he thought we were going gay and talking about uniforms....but you are right. The Browns classic uniforms were so much better than the clown outfits Browns players have to wear today.

So, I guess we just done gone gay.

Nah, just gray. :lol:

It's an unwinable lawsuit for Josh. Bell is a Steeler. There's different rules for Steelers.

- thanks Flugel -

Weird, it's almost like you're a whiner who's full of BS as the Steelers currently wait on the league to reinstate our amazingly talented WR after serving his suspension and meeting all requirements for reinstatement.

It's almost as if you're a little b*tch who just can't handle that your franchise is the longest running joke in professional sports?

Weird, it's almost like you're a whiner who's full of BS as the Steelers currently wait on the league to reinstate our amazingly talented WR after serving his suspension and meeting all requirements for reinstatement.

It's almost as if you're a little b*tch who just can't handle that your franchise is the longest running joke in professional sports?

Fine, tell us what Bryant has done to get reinstated that Gordon has not, since your in the know and all.

SteelerFag backwards :), Than why are you here whining to us? Apparently Bryant has not proved all the requirements for reinstatement to Goddell either..You might want to call the rehab center that Roger can't get a hold of..Meanwhile Roger hired you some company man Refs..Enjoy some more hidden rules

Fine, tell us what Bryant has done to get reinstated that Gordon has not, since your in the know and all.

I didn't say that Bryant had done anything more than Gordon did. I think both have paid their dues and should immediately be reinstated.

Orion insinuated that somehow the Steelers get off easy or that the rules are somehow different for our two teams and I was pointing out that he's both uninformed and and a whiner.

Call us when your piece of shit cheating, cocksucking the Commish franchise catches up to our 13 titles..Not even halfway there yet.

Archived