THE BROWNS BOARD

Trubisky 1 - Browns and Garrett 0

Ghoolie

Yeah, see, that's the thing. Excuses, so let me ask you..........During the 1st quarter of last year's first preseason game I called for Hue to be fired, and predicted 0 - 16 was very, very possible...................was that too early for me, too?

You don't get asterisks based on pre-season, or did you play against the 1st unit or second unit. The league is called the NFL....you play the game that is put in front of you and your performance is based on what you do with that opportunity. Garrett was a yawner, not a world beater. He was a yawner.

Trubisky electrified.That's allwe have to go on. The world could end tomorrow. You play as you play.

I was all in for Trubisky but let's be honest with ourselves with this question.

Is Trubisky a Brown? Well then fuck him and the luck. Let's move forward instead of beating off a dead horse.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was all in for Trubisky but let's be honest with ourselves with this question.

Is Trubisky a Brown? Well then fuck him and the luck. Let's move forward instead of beating off a dead horse.

No he isn't a Cleveland Brown so fuck him but:

It's par for the course for any team but especially the Browns to look back after a year or so and pick out the guys that were drafted that you didn't take. If those guys are Pro Bowl players and the guys we took suck that's going to mount up and eventually cost people their jobs. The only reason it matters here is that there were a handful of guys who were staunch supporters, so if he lights it up in Chicago it looks like we made a mistake.

On the other hand if, as we hope, Kizer lights it up here in Cleveland everybody comes out smelling like roses.

Face it with every bust we draft there Comes A Chorus of we could have had.....

WSS

WSS, were seeing something much different in NC. Every expert said don't reach on any of these guys..We finally did not..Watch the Stanford Bowl game again. It's the closest thing to a NFL team defense that Mitch ever faced.(never played Clemson & you don't let the lower recruiting state rivals such as ECU hang around & lose to Duke & NCSU at end of season). Mitch was not good in his bowl/or end season (tape?) where he should be at his best. Every DC coach in this league will design off that tape to start with..Honestly I hope they do throw him at the 1's. Watch how quiet it gets..Yep I said it,let them arrows fly..good day now!

One preseason game? Damn man, LOL.

And I thought Garrett played well, and so did just about every other person. Kizer wasn't perfect, but it's safe to say he did way better than I thought he would. Yeah, the two long passes were obviously incredible, but what I was most proud of was his pocket presence. He moved very well in the pocket, slid to the side to avoid pressure, and kept his head up and looked DOWN the field. The 3rd and 24 throw was especially amazing. He had the awareness to look off the DB on the short route which gave him JUST enough of a window to fire a 22 yard strike, which set up the amazing 4th and 2 touchdown. Now, that DB should be stoned for biting on that fake because that's where you WANT the ball to go, but whatever. Kizer manipulated the defense with his shoulders, and made the play.

I actually expect Kizer to struggle a bit more in the second game. I think he'll be playing against more first and second teamers, and I think that will cause his performance to suffer. That's ok. As long as he rebounds in his 3rd and 4th preseason games, I'll be happy.

I have no misconceptions about our team this year, and REGARDLESS of what happens in the preseason, I still think we're a "bad football team". However, in my twisted mind, I'll take "bad" over last year's "worst team on earth". I really think we can win 5 games this year with a little luck, and that might not sound like a huge deal, but it is. ESPECIALLY if Kizer cements himself as the starter and finishes the year on a positive note. If Kizer starts and plays reasonably well at the end of the year, and his play is good enough to leave NO QUESTION that he's the 2018 starter, the season is a tremendous success.

WSS, were seeing something much different in NC. Every expert said don't reach on any of these guys..We finally did not..Watch the Stanford Bowl game again. It's the closest thing to a NFL team defense that Mitch ever faced.(never played Clemson & you don't let the lower recruiting state rivals such as ECU hang around & lose to Duke & NCSU at end of season). Mitch was not good in his bowl/or end season (tape?) where he should be at his best. Every DC coach in this league will design off that tape to start with..Honestly I hope they do throw him at the 1's. Watch how quiet it gets..Yep I said it,let them arrows fly..good day now!

We will see. By the way I'm sure there are good games and bad games for every player in the NFL. One more time if Kizer lights it up and Trubisky does not we win that Gamble.

Hit that 20 dealer, there are at least four aces in the deck.

:)

WSS

<<One preseason game? Damn man, LOL.>>

It is YOU, and people like you who are dimwits. WHerein my post did I ever say that one game was indicative of anything? Where did I predict the future or say " I told you so"?

It is YOU who are basing your beliefs on conjecture and bullshit theory. All I said was........... based on the evidence, albeit limited, we have so far, Trubisky was a hell of a lot more impressive at 1 - #2 than Garrett was at 1- #1.

The difference between me, and guys like you, is that you see shit that isn't there. You watch a game, and when you can't point out to stellar plays, you start a narrative about how " I thought he looked pretty good"? Really,no shit? You thought One-Tackle-Texas looked good? Well, ho about I put another hatover your wet-behind-the-ears head?

Imagine you are the OL coach for The Saints. After the game the HC asks you.......hey, how did your OL fare against the #1 rated pass rusher from the 2017 draft? Your answer is..............."we shut his fucking Cowboy-loving ass down"..."He got shit, against us, one tackle. That's it". Now...........from THAT perspective, who looks better? Easy, the OL who shut Garrett's pass rushing down. THAT's the guy that looked pretty good, and I promise you, in the film review, the Saints applauded shutting Garrett down completely.

Citing to me, "everyone thought Garrett played well" is meaningless bullshit. It is no different than a parent telling you how pretty their baby is. The Browns record of blown draft picks is unlike any team in the history of the NFL. Everyone, even the NFL pundits are going to pimp Garrett because if he fails, it isn't good for Cleveland or NFL revenue.

Look man, Garrett is supposed to be a fucking Monster. He didn't even look like the cookie Monster. This guy is not a stud.He is NOT a 1 #1 caliber player. People are talking about how he is going to pulverize Roethlisberger? LMAO, with what? His big foam rubber Cowboys souvenir hand? The guy looked like a cunt, Weak. If that is killer instinct, then Don Knots is Elliot Ness.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/08/myles_garrett_didnt_get_a_sack.html

With 10:19 left in the first quarter, rookie running back Alvin Kamara broke free from a scrum and ran for 22 yards. The man hottest in pursuit of Kamara was Garrett, chasing him down at the end of the play and finishing off Joe Haden's tackle.

"He doesn't cross our endzone," Garrett said of the play. "No matter what happens, got to make sure that I meet him, give him a shot to remember, live to play another down."

No he isn't a Cleveland Brown so fuck him but:

It's par for the course for any team but especially the Browns to look back after a year or so and pick out the guys that were drafted that you didn't take. If those guys are Pro Bowl players and the guys we took suck that's going to mount up and eventually cost people their jobs. The only reason it matters here is that there were a handful of guys who were staunch supporters, so if he lights it up in Chicago it looks like we made a mistake.

On the other hand if, as we hope, Kizer lights it up here in Cleveland everybody comes out smelling like roses.

Face it with every bust we draft there Comes A Chorus of we could have had.....

WSS

I know Steve and you're right but goddamn I was trying to be positive. Plus... Trubisky has the time and team to actually suck. Think of their woes as well.

With 10:19 left in the first quarter, rookie running back Alvin Kamara broke free from a scrum and ran for 22 yards. The man hottest in pursuit of Kamara was Garrett, chasing him down at the end of the play and finishing off Joe Haden's tackle.

"He doesn't cross our endzone," Garrett said of the play. "No matter what happens, got to make sure that I meet him, give him a shot to remember, live to play another down."

Don't worry- Ghoolie's Crystal Ball told him after one quarter of one preseason game, Garrett's a bum. :wacko:

Garrett played all of 15 snaps.

Did he even break a sweat?

Not enough snaps to make a judgement..

Could Garrett, physically, have played more? Of course. So why didn't he? Because the coach made a decision. Frankly, I give zero credibility to the assertion that Garrett had any opportunity to play even half the snaps.

Some jack off fake news Chicago sportswriter wrote "electrifying" to whip the Bears fan base into a frenzy.

Looks like a Browns fan from Memphis swallowed the cock and bull story hook, line and sinker.

such language do you really feel the need to not only degrade this proud board but yourself in the process

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/08/myles_garrett_didnt_get_a_sack.html

For Fuck's sake man, he piled on. He didn't finish off jack fucking shit. Haden made the tackle. Garrett came in like a cunt playing football.

ONE TACKLE TEXAS

Garrett played all of 15 snaps.

Did he even break a sweat?

Not enough snaps to make a judgement..

Could Garrett, physically, have played more? Of course. So why didn't he? Because the coach made a decision. Frankly, I give zero credibility to the assertion that Garrett had any opportunity to play even half the snaps.

Ghoolie got confused by the fact Garrett actually came out of the game about halfway thru the first Q while he was replaced by Orchard in the R DE spot. Then back in later for about 4 more plays total. Orchard played better in the 2nd half than he did against the first teamers. If Garrett played on the level he did for a whole game, Browns would be ecstatic. He was not given credit for some shared stuffs on the LOS or shared tackles in the backfield where he correctly turned the runner back into pursuit. Plus there were no major gains to his side of the D and only one pass took longer than 1 to 1.5 seconds to get off by their QB. Go back and watch it in detail play by play with just him Ghoolie. You have missed the boat here. There was only one play where a single player kept him from getting past and that was on the long pass play. On another play he got away from the first double teamer (OT) and made the 2nd (OG) totally whiff on his way to the L side of the D where he got in position to make the tackle if the man had gotten away from Collins.

Goolie is wrong as usual. He used to know football 15 years ago. Its too bad.

Pre season flag football amounts to $hit. Tribisky will be a bust when the real bullets begin to fly in the regular season. A mediocre showing vs 3rd stringers and bubble players and Goolie is ready to crown his a$$ 1 - 0. Assclowns like the Bears moved up to take this fraud Tribisky. After this debacle, Fox will get fired and the Chicago GM right behind him.

The Browns are set up to draft the next John Elway in Josh Allen. If the Browns take him you guys will never look back.

Ghoolie is dead ass on. Garrett played against the 7th string. No Brees, No Petersen.

ONE TACKLE TEXAS See Him in person at Spitzer Chevrolet!

that's how it work's build em up until reality set's in and it all end's in crocodile tears

I agree 100%. That is the problem. We draft this One-Tackle-Wonder and everyone pimps his lackluster result as if he really kicked ass. He didn't make any fucking plays. That is a #1 draft pick bad omen.

How did Ryan Leaf look in preseason, if I remember correctly, he looked better than Manning in preseason. Lets also remember preseason doesn't have all the starters, and most likely 2's and 3's. The Patriots in their 1st preseason game held out something like 40 guys out of 90 on the roster right now, so more than likely that is about 13 guys who will make the roster playing, and that isn't starters. And then the first 2 games of regular season (you know starters vs. starters), Ryan Leaf lit the league up. What happened after that?

Anyone can have a great preseason, that can carry over to a great career, or a bad career. I wouldn't be so quick to call him the next coming, or compare him with the likes of Aaron Rodgers and John Elway like has been said in this thread.

I played against guys that were in the league and at times did well against them, and I hoped they did well in the league, but just because I knew them doesn't mean it distorted my mind into thinking they were better than what they were.

The thing that people don't seem to understand is that someone who makes it to the league will ALWAYS look so much better than others in lower levels. So Player A was a beast in pee wee, JV, High School, and college. Yes that is because they are that 1 person that is going to make it to the highest level. Less than 1 % of college players make it, so yes they will look superior. EVERY player in the league was a Superstar in pee wee and high school, they were just that much better.

Gunz,

it doesn't matter if it is preseason or post season.The game at hand is where a man performs, He canonly be judged based on the challenge put to him.

Garrett made one fucking tackle, against scrubs. He's not the ass kicker people believe him to be. He couldhavebeenfound in the 19th round.Another wasted #1 pick.

right outside the stadium, across from the yellow lot, near my hotel where the Texans go for victory nachos 2 hrs after the game ends. Don't know the name of the joint yet but I will. We can all meet up there for Dawg Pound Victory Nachos.

h, hold out for Papasitos... just across the South Loop 610 from the Stadium.

Don't worry- Ghoolie's Crystal Ball told him after one quarter of one preseason game, Garrett's a bum. :wacko:

And he did not even have to watch the game...

Gunz,

it doesn't matter if it is preseason or post season.The game at hand is where a man performs, He canonly be judged based on the challenge put to him.

Garrett made one fucking tackle, against scrubs. He's not the ass kicker people believe him to be. He couldhavebeenfound in the 19th round.Another wasted #1 pick.

Cut the trolling Tom. IF the Browns had drafted Trubisky at #1, Garrett would have gone #2. Take it to the bank. I have a feeling you're going to be singing a different tune about week 8 of the regular season. Doubtless the Browns were fielding offers as to how much they wanted for the #1 overall pick.

Look- Garrett is the most highly touted defensive player since Javedon Clowney- (and it took him a couple years to shake off injuries and play up to his potential). Every scout, GM, former GM, and wannabe draft expert (with the exception of a few contrarians) had Myles at the top of their draft boards.

Furthermore, TexAg has seen every one of Garrett's games when he was at A&M- and he was dominant. Hell's Bells, you expect Garrett to sack the quarterback or make the tackle on every f**king play? Damn unrealistic. Even the greats like Bruce Smith, Lawrence Taylor, and Ray Lewis couldn't do that.

Some of us go way farther than that back.

"Go see Earl,

out on Pearl

If you want a good deal

on an Oldsmobile."

....or, Little Donnie Spitzer with "My dad wants to sell you a car NOW!"

Mike

Joe Thomas weighs in on this draft class.

http://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Joe-Thomas-Browns-hit-a-home-run-in-2017-NFL-Draft-106230388?utm_source=247Sports%20Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=170817_135432_Cleveland%20Browns%20Newsletter&utm_content=Image&liveconnect=1B-C2-1E-69-15-F3-1E-26-47-C2-FB-AF-1F-3D-14-30170817_135432ClevelandBrownsNewsletter

And Williams weighs in on Garrett.

http://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Gregg-Williams-places-lofty-expectations-on-Myles-Garrett-106230253

"I thought he played the run very well last week. I thought he was very disruptive on the things that we ask him to do in the pass game. I can tell you this, you go back and watch the film, they were pointing to where he was. The Saints knew where he was.”-G. Williams

Well thanks Gregg for backing up my contention that he handled all his assignments correctly. :D :D

Rewatched every Defensive play MG was in... he played well. Only could really pick on him for one where he ended up with his back turned to the ball and the back bounced the run past him.

Archived