THE BROWNS BOARD

Kaepernick supporters call for NFL boycott

D Bone

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And would someone please point out to me the other job where you legally have to stand for the national anthem before you start work, outside of North Korea.

The NBA and US soccer teams have rules requiring players stand during the anthem. If you want to protest there are better ways to protest than to offend others who respect the flag and what it stands for.

And would someone please point out to me the other job where you legally have to stand for the national anthem before you start work, outside of North Korea.

Maybe we should just do away with playing the national anthem before games. Not sure why it is felt to be a necessary thing to do. If you think about it. If you go to a movie, a play, a concert a show....any other sort of entertainment event, they don't play the national anthem.

Just curious, and interesting.

Mrs. Wife tells me that the owners want to sign Roger GoToHell up for another 5 years.

....and people want us to boycott the NFL because of a backup quality QB?    Geesh!

22 hours ago, LBC mike said:

Can you imagine if any small business is forced to hire an employee who is a distraction to the business just to avoid boycotts and protests.

Of course I can. I'd wager in some situations it would be just fine with a lot of folks.

On 8/20/2017 at 3:35 PM, wargograw said:

Penitence goes a long way.

Sincerity is the most important thing in life. Once you can fake that you've got it made.

WSS

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Hello! Wake up. I said it was a football matter. If Kaepernick were a member of Al Shabab, and could play like Joe Thomas...someone would sign him likely.

(and you contradicted yourself...you said you don't want him....apparently for his politics...which means that you do indeed give a shit...one way or the other).

Like I said  on top of the fact that he's a distasteful human being he sucks and he was a team cancer in San Francisco and we don't need him here. And he turned down money that would have been equal to his talent. Fuck him.

WSS

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/browns-players-kneel-national-anthem-prior-giants-game-article-1.3430638

Excerpt

A large group of Browns players knelt behind the team's bench in a circle during the national anthem prior to the team's preseason game against the Giants on Monday.

Linebacker Jamie Collins, 2017 first-round pick Jabrill Peppers and wide receivers Kenny Britt and Ricardo Louis were among the players who knelt during the national anthem.

On 8/13/2017 at 3:18 PM, syd said:

fuck him who cares doesn't play for us

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/browns-players-kneel-national-anthem-prior-giants-game-article-1.3430638

A large group of Browns players knelt behind the team's bench in a circle during the national anthem prior to the team's preseason game against the Giants on Monday.

Linebacker Jamie Collins, 2017 first-round pick Jabrill Peppers and wide receivers Kenny Britt and Ricardo Louis were among the players who knelt during the national anthem.

19 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

There probably will be some people who boycott some kind of a backlash but not because a no-talent bum like Kaepernick is out of work but because of players openly hostile to the great bulk of their fans. It sucks and it's really unfortunate.

WSS

With the protests last year I stopped watching all games except the Browns.  I'm probably in the minority here but I'm not watching any more Browns games until this stops.  I respect their right to protest but I also 100% disagree with it.  I will not support an organization that allows their employees to openly disrespect my country.

It's also extremely distasteful to try to and use religion as a veil to protest.  Pathetic.  No one is fooled that these guys are just praying during the Anthem. 

I'm starting to think Mark Cuban was right when he forecasted the NFL was going to implode in the near future.

8 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Whenever I sing the national anthem in the stands people around me protest until I stop.:P

And I'd rather see silent protests than Nazi salutes accompanied by Nazi chants.

Call me when an NFL player stands up and does the Nazi salute during the national anthem.

WSS

13 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Whenever I sing the national anthem in the stands people around me protest until I stop.:P

And I'd rather see silent protests than Nazi salutes accompanied by Nazi chants.

I'd rather see no protests while I'm trying to watch football.  Keep your politics out of the NFL please.  Do it on your own time.  

I think this is a large part in why ESPN and Hollywood are taking some massive hits lately.  They keep interjecting their politics into their entertainment.  

There are better ways to protest. I hope this is just a one time thing for the Browns as it is a divisive way to protest. We had people fight and die for the freedoms in our country and just because we can do something  because of the freedoms we have doesn't mean we should. I read where one of the things the players were praying against was police brutality. I am sure there are some bad cops but they are the minority as most cops are good people doing a tough job. Just over the weekend 6 officers were shot with two of them being killed in the line of duty. My prayers go out to their families. 

Archived