THE BROWNS BOARD

Kaepernick supporters call for NFL boycott

D Bone

7 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

JUst curious:  What is it about "anti-fascism" that you object to? (the obvious answer would be "I am pro-fascist"...which I don't believe for a moment that you are).   I would certainly hope and think that any good conservative/liberal/Republican/Democrat/American IS an anti-fascist.   Think about it.

The violence of the antifa is what I am condemning:

Alan Dershowitz: ‘Violent’ Antifa movement is ‘trying to tear down America’

‘I think it’s the obligation of liberals to speak out against the hard left radicals’

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/aug/22/alan-dershowitz-violent-antifa-movement-is-trying-/

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Typical liberal response to make a straw man argument and then knock it down

You're the one who made a strawman argument.. as the first post on this thread. There is no "The Left."

Typical conservative response when being called out is to blame everything on "liberals" - because projection is all you have. Trump isn't an anomaly, he's everything the Republican party has always wanted to be.

And Gipper, I do actually in reality think he's quite pro-fascist.... he just doesn't want to admit it publically on this forum.  What's next, Antifa is responsible for the civil war?

5 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

You're the one who made a strawman argument.. as the first post on this thread. There is no "The Left."

Typical conservative response when being called out is to blame everything on "liberals" - because projection is all you have. Trump isn't an anomaly, he's everything the Republican party has always wanted to be.

And Gipper, I do actually in reality think he's quite pro-fascist.... he just doesn't want to admit it publically on this forum.

George Bernard Shaw Quotes. I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

3 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

The violence of the antifa is what I am condemning:

Alan Dershowitz: ‘Violent’ Antifa movement is ‘trying to tear down America’

‘I think it’s the obligation of liberals to speak out against the hard left radicals’

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/aug/22/alan-dershowitz-violent-antifa-movement-is-trying-/

But, you don't condemn hard right radicals (at least I have not seen it yet) ....you know...the ones that ACTUALLY have a history of violence and murder (it was they who murdered the woman in Charlottesville, not the other way around).  

I know, yes, that the right thinking people should not stoop to the tactics of the wrong thinking people....but do you think...really, that the likes of Neo-Nazis, KKK, White Supremacists, hate militias are really going to respond to people who are just going to ask them to "stop thinking the way you do...please see reason".  Seriously?  6 Million Jews tried that in Europe a few decades back. How did that work out?  Should we have just responded to ISIS and Al-Qaeda by asking them to see reason and to be nice? 

Evil people do NOT respond to reason. And these people have evil in their hearts and WILL NOT "play nice".  

My grandfather was murdered by fucking Nazis.....and as far as I am personally concerned...ANYONE that supports them...I have a blood feud with them. 

Do I make myself perfectly clear?

No, I don't condone violence and I do speak out against violence......but, like I said, we are not dealing with reasonable thoughtful people.  Those marchers in Charlottesville were hate groups, violent groups.  And no, vigilante violence in response to them is really not the answer as far as I am concerned.....but, in all truth and honesty, history has shown that it is the only thing they understand.

Fair to say?

2 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

If you're actually as American as you say, you should support his right to say what he wants.   "Freedom" is only measured by your reaction to what you DISAGREE with.. not what you agree with.

Your support for the KKK is today not the norm in this country - but that belief used to be commonly supported.  

How exactly would one go about changing any belief if everything today disbelieved was "Un-American"?

My support for the KKK? I'm hoping that's a grammatical error on your part. 

The KKK has always been nothing but a terrorist organization, and deserve the same amount of respect that people assert they have towards Mooslim terrorists.

OBF and others defending the KKK and similar neo-nazi groups.. don't somehow normalize the KKK but rather clearly demonstrate the lack of personal values that people like OBF think they couldn't possibly ever lose. [Including Trump, who has been overtly racist his whole life, publically as far back as the central park 5]

See, OBF.. when you defend the KKK.. you have become the pig.. even though you thought you were somehow wrestling me.

5 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

The KKK has always been nothing but a terrorist organization, and deserve the same amount of respect that people assert they have towards Mooslim terrorists.

OBF and others defending them.. doesn't normalize the KKK but rather shows their personal lack of values.

Did he defend them?  Not sure I saw that, though he did condemn the "antifa" movement.  See above...I have asked him to condemn those right wing terror/hate groups as well.  We shall see if he comes through.  Even Trump finally did that after, apparently, having his arm twisted by the Generals on his staff.

(I think getting rid of Bannon is nothing but a positive move for POTUS....I think he really was a bad influence....even a dangerous one.  Now it seems that perhaps DJT has some adults surrounding him. the Generals: Mattis, McMasters, Kelly, and Tillerson.  Maybe the Clown car has been emptied.....well, not fully)

16 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

But, you don't condemn hard right radicals (at least I have not seen it yet) ....you know...the ones that ACTUALLY have a history of violence and murder (it was they who murdered the woman in Charlottesville, not the other way around).  

I know, yes, that the right thinking people should not stoop to the tactics of the wrong thinking people....but do you think...really, that the likes of Neo-Nazis, KKK, White Supremacists, hate militias are really going to respond to people who are just going to ask them to "stop thinking the way you do...please see reason".  Seriously?  6 Million Jews tried that in Europe a few decades back. How did that work out?  Should we have just responded to ISIS and Al-Qaeda by asking them to see reason and to be nice? 

Evil people do NOT respond to reason. And these people have evil in their hearts and WILL NOT "play nice".  

My grandfather was murdered by fucking Nazis.....and as far as I am personally concerned...ANYONE that supports them...I have a blood feud with them. 

Do I make myself perfectly clear?

No, I don't condone violence and I do speak out against violence......but, like I said, we are not dealing with reasonable thoughtful people.  Those marchers in Charlottesville were hate groups, violent groups.  And no, vigilante violence in response to them is really not the answer as far as I am concerned.....but, in all truth and honesty, history has shown that it is the only thing they understand.

Fair to say?

It was sickening to hear the racists make their chants against the Jews as well as Nazi and racist chants. I condemn strongly Trump for saying there were good and bad people on both sides because no good person would have marched with those evil people carrying torches. I come down on violent extremist groups on both sides. 

1 minute ago, OldBrownsFan said:

It was sickening to hear the racists make their chants against the Jews as well as Nazi and racist chants. I condemn strongly Trump for saying there were good and bad people on both sides because no good person would have marched with those evil people. Gip I always come down on violent extremist groups on both sides.  

Fair enough.  But, I still think that if you are trying to say that one group is equatable to another....history has clearly shown otherwise (at least to date).

You condemn violent extremists, but you don't see why people would want a statue of the leader of those violent extremists taken down? [Or, hundreds of statues.. of the hundreds of leaders..]

Exactly who do you think Nathaniel Bedford Forrest actually is?

You condemn violent extremists but you don't condemn people who are so violent they revolt against the very flag and anthem you assert you support so strongly you don't want Kaepernick to kneel during?

Cognitive dissonance much?

And, circling it all back........ Kaepernick is bi-racial.  And now you know the rest of the story.   [Of course Paul Harvey was an unapologetic racist.]

18 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Fair enough.  But, I still think that if you are trying to say that one group is equatable to another....history has clearly shown otherwise (at least to date).

I condemn all hate groups and extremists Gip but if you want to say nazi sympathizers, KKK and white supremacists are the worst of the worst I would agree.

23 minutes ago, miktoxic said:

an organization started by the democrats.

(Who had the good sense to ditch them an they in turn ditched to Dems in the 1960s particularly when LBJ...a southerner and Congress passed things like the Civil Rights Act, and the Voting Rights Act. Their type was  then adopted whole heartedly by the Republicans as part of  Nixon's "southern strategy" to gain the electoral votes of the south. The Reps have been giving them succor ever since...just to secure those electoral college votes.  Sorry...this is just historical fact.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

what a bunch of dummies. fucking millennials.

5 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

IMG_0407.JPG

Except, of course, they do. Now these guys march ON BEHALF or Republican candidates.  Sorry...again...just historical FACTS. You bring up the fact that 100 years ago these hate groups were Dems.....but, here, now today, they, as I said, are given succor by the Reps. Those marchers in Charlottesville were enabled and encouraged by the election of DJT....and HE...and his family's KKK affiliation have emboldened them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/trump-lit-the-torches-of-white-supremacy-in-charlottesville-we-must-extinguish-them/2017/08/13/6cb02b94-8014-11e7-902a-2a9f2d808496_story.html?utm_term=.a475f08d7b4b

1 minute ago, Canton Dawg said:

Do you think she accepted and welcomed the endorsement?  You know better.   But if he (or any other KKK guy) would have done the same for DJT...and I suspect some may have...then we would have to wonder. Nevertheless...whether they endorsed DJT or not...he seems to have endorsed them.

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Do you think she accepted and welcomed the endorsement?  You know better.   But if he (or any other KKK guy) would have done the same for DJT...and I suspect some may have...then we would have to wonder. Nevertheless...whether they endorsed DJT or not...he seems to have endorsed them.

She took their campaign donations. . .

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/apr/26/klan-leader-claims-kkk-has-given-20k-clinton-campa/

From the article...

“She doesn’t care about illegal immigrants — she’s acting like she does so she can get into office. Once she’s in office, then she’ll implement her policies. She’s a Democrat. The Klanhas always been a Democratic organization.”

59 minutes ago, miktoxic said:

an organization started by the democrats.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

what a bunch of dummies. fucking millennials.

You do realize that the ideologies of the parties switched in the mid 20th century, right?

The Republican Party of old was considered to be far more liberal on socioeconomic and civil rights issues and favored big government, while the Democratic Party in that time was more conservative.

So yeah, it was founded by some Democrats...though the Democratic Party of that era is actually the Republican Party of today. 

Nice try, though.

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I don't mind a prayer during the National Anthem, but they damn sure better be standing with hand over heart for "Texas, Our Texas". :P:D

U know what's funny about that? Ask Jerry Jones. Ask Robert Kraft. Now look at the browns LOL.

1 minute ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

You do realize that the ideologies of the parties switched in the mid 20th century, right?

The Republican Party of old was considered to be far more liberal on socioeconomic and civil rights issues and favored big government, while the Democratic Party in that time was more conservative.

So yeah, it was founded by some Democrats...though the Democratic Party of that era is actually the Republican Party of today. 

Nice try, though.

I guess truth hurts.

Here comes the draft big boy.

Stand or Run......hmmmmmmm?

4 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

And Gipper, I do actually in reality think he's quite pro-fascist.... he just doesn't want to admit it publically on this forum.  What's next, Antifa is responsible for the civil war?

UR an idiot. 

Want to watch the mask wearing left at Berkeley? How about in Charlottesville this past weekend.

The extreme left and extreme right will be the cause of the next civil war.

But just put ur head in the sand and piss on, stomp and burn our flag.

Fuck everybody's right to protest fucking cunts.

1 hour ago, miktoxic said:

I guess truth hurts.

Here comes the draft big boy.

Stand or Run......hmmmmmmm?

The only draft we'll see is next year's NFL Draft. Trump won't be in office long enough to get that passed.

Also, good job glossing over the fact that you were wrong as fuck.

3 minutes ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

The only draft we'll see is next year's NFL Draft. Trump won't be in office long enough to get that passed.

Also, good job glossing over the fact that you were wrong as fuck.

Wrong about what?

put ur black mask on and go spit on some cops.

6 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

You condemn violent extremists, but you don't see why people would want a statue of the leader of those violent extremists taken down? [Or, hundreds of statues.. of the hundreds of leaders..]

Exactly who do you think Nathaniel Bedford Forrest actually is?

You condemn violent extremists but you don't condemn people who are so violent they revolt against the very flag and anthem you assert you support so strongly you don't want Kaepernick to kneel during?

Cognitive dissonance much?

And, circling it all back........ Kaepernick is bi-racial.  And now you know the rest of the story.   [Of course Paul Harvey was an unapologetic racist.]

you don't make any sense. He just railed against both sides.

2 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

Nice try, though.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/05/22/watch-the-inconvenient-truth-about-the-democratic-partys-history-of-racism/

9 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Of course you would link The Blaze, a garbage publication that spews basically nothing except right wing propaganda. 

Try reading something that actually lists facts and not regurgitated Tomi Lahren bullshit.

http://www.politifact.com/virginia/statements/2013/jun/10/stephen-martin/state-sen-stephen-martin-says-democratic-party-cre/

16 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

Of course you would link The Blaze, a garbage publication that spews basically nothing except right wing propaganda. 

Try reading something that actually lists facts and not regurgitated Tomi Lahren bullshit.

http://www.politifact.com/virginia/statements/2013/jun/10/stephen-martin/state-sen-stephen-martin-says-democratic-party-cre/

so you counter with your politifact, your liberal version of the Blaze? I'm still disgusted you inferred that you need

"verification" before you believe any veteran of our military was really a veteran. But you don't need verification that

the doofacrapic party was the racists, and republicans left because of that. Try some freaking history:

http://historynewsnetwork.org/article/3554

History reveals that every piece of racist legislation that was ever passed and every racist terrorist attack that was ever inflicted on African Americans, was initiated by the members of the Democratic Party. From the formation of the Democratic Party in 1792 to the Civil Rights movement of 1960's, Congressional records show the Democrat Party passed no specific laws to help Blacks, every law that they introduced into Congress was designed to hurt blacks in 1894 Repeal Act. The chronicles of history shows that during the past 160 years the Democratic Party legislated Jim Crows laws, Black Codes and a multitude of other laws at the state and federal level to deny African Americans their rights as citizens.

History reveals that the Republican Party was formed in 1854 to abolish slavery and challenge other racist legislative acts initiated by the Democratic Party.

Archived