THE BROWNS BOARD

Gordon news

jcam222

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Too bad Gordon doesnt give a shit about Cleveland or the fans.

When it comes to Gordon, there are so many Browns fans that act like they have battered woman's syndrome. One way or another, they'll excuse anything Josh Gordon does.

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

Gordon really seems like a ok guy, but not a good team mate. He doesnt come across as a gamgsta.

Its a shame. The way that Gordon was playing, the HOF wasnt out of the question.

That's true, he doesn't come off as a bad person. Just a person who really isn't into football enough to stop doing the things that keep him from playing football.

8 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Just a person who really isn't into football enough to stop doing the things that keep him from playing football.

He's also a guy that doesn't always give 100%.  He's given up on passes that if he turned the after burners on and perhaps made a leap, he might have been able to catch.  Instead he shuts the throttle off because the ball isn't placed in his breadbasket.  

He's cetainly a big, tall, fast weapon...as long as you make the ball easy for him to catch. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

When it comes to Gordon, there are so many Browns fans that act like they have battered woman's syndrome. One way or another, they'll excuse anything Josh Gordon does.

Actually, no I don't. IF Goodell reinstates him (not a given) I'm sure Roger is going to tell him - "this is your last chance kid, you screw up this time don't bother coming back." The Browns will do the same.

In any case, AFAIK Gordon doesn't get out of his rehab stint until the 21st. I doubt he's going to be instantly reinstated. Not holding my breath.

20 minutes ago, Orion said:

He's cetainly a big, tall, fast weapon...as long as you make the ball easy for him to catch. 

I have to disagree.....Gordon caught so many contested balls....went high consistently.....took contact and held on....once climbed up and over a Bungal to make one of the best(and highest effort) catches Ive ever seen.....(#3 on video below)

Not only was he amazing, once he caught it.....but he has amazing hands and made many spectacular catches....

He has a comfortable gait and often gets accused of slacking, but I dont see that.....at all.....and never heard it once, until he was suspended and attempting a come back....more sour grapes if your asking me....(I do remember one play, in a pre-season game that he may have given up on and folks cried and cried and cried. as if it was the end of the world.....and then, after that, all I heard was he gives up on plays.....)...you dont get most yards in the whole NFL(with completely shitty QB's) by being a slacker.....

You know who really needs it in the bread basket to make a catch?.....Coleman.....

Watch the first minute....catches 1 and 3.....those 2 say it all......and stay till the end if you want to see the same amazing, high effort receiving over and over again.....

4 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

He has a comfortable gait and often gets accused of slacking, but I dont see that.....at all.....and never heard it once,

Mike Pettine said it.

I've seen it....but I don't think they make highlight reels of the catches that he didn't try to make so I can't show you any.

4 minutes ago, Orion said:

Mike Pettine said it.

I've seen it....but I don't think they make highlight reels of the catches that he didn't try to make so I can't show you any.

Brian Hoyer would laugh heartily at the idea that Gordon never slacked during a game.

23 minutes ago, Orion said:

He's also a guy that doesn't always give 100%.  He's given up on passes that if he turned the after burners on and perhaps made a leap, he might have been able to catch.  Instead he shuts the throttle off because the ball isn't placed in his breadbasket. 

3 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

I have to disagree.....Gordon caught so many contested balls....went high consistently.....took contact and held on....once climbed up and over a Bungal to make one of the best(and highest effort) catches Ive ever seen.....(#3 on video below)

I actually think you are both right here. Mud for the "Years 1 and 2" Gordon; Orion for the "Brief return" Gordon.

Reason(s) for the difference? Damned if I know, but the possibilities are many and varied... ranging from rust to interest to QB. Personally I've always harbored a suspicion that he was playing to help his BFF JFF start.

I really hope he gets a chance to break the tie...

4 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Brian Hoyer would laugh heartily at the idea that Gordon never slacked during a game.

Didnt say he never slacked(how many players fit that mold????)....I said he was a high effort player.....and his production and catches establish that......

How can dude lead the league and you guys want to call him a slacker on the field.....makes no sense.....Guys like Hoyer have wet dreams about throwing to receivers like Gordon.....

16 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

Didnt say he never slacked(how many players fit that mold????)....I said he was a high effort player.....and his production and catches establish that......

How can dude lead the league and you guys want to call him a slacker on the field.....makes no sense.....Guys like Hoyer have wet dreams about throwing to receivers like Gordon.....

Hoyer did throw to a receiver like Gordon, actually it was Gordon. And Gordon played half-assed. It's where the conjecture that Gordon was trying to get his buddy Manziel into the starter's job came from.

When his head is right, Gordon was a fantastic talent, no doubt. But that was over a relatively short time period a relatively long time ago.

28 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

He would easily be the best WR on this team....you say he played half assed for Hoyer, but he was leading the team when he left....and was the best we had then, too

Id take his play over Britts or Colemans in a heart beat...

I'm with you mud. Not impressed with Kenny Britt and Coleman is still a ?.

I do realize it takes a while before a quarterback and receiver start to mesh.

WSS

4 hours ago, Mudfly said:

He would easily be the best WR on this team....you say he played half assed for Hoyer, but he was leading the team when he left....and was the best we had then, too

Id take his play over Britts or Colemans in a heart beat...

His talent isn't questioned, but I'm not a real big fan of players who have been called-out giving a half-assed effort on the field while doing everything off the field to not help the team I root for. Honestly I'm looking forward to the day he's no longer a Cleveland Brown, and we can stop this yearly charade of him coming back and being the Pro-Bowler he was FIVE seasons ago.

I'd love for him to come back, be great, and never get suspended again. There's nothing he's done or shown to think this will happen.

Gordon the great enigma? 

Enigma

1. a puzzling or inexplicable occurrence or situation 

2. a person of puzzling or contradictory character:

3. a person of potentially great talent and very well paid when he's actually here and not out smoking weed or something :lol:

5 minutes ago, Orion said:

What did #3 come from?   Wackypedia?  

No just the truth on Mr. Gordon, he's so potentially great when he's actually here and not partying with Mr. Manziel. 

On 9/16/2017 at 10:50 AM, hoorta said:

Actually, no I don't. IF Goodell reinstates him (not a given) I'm sure Roger is going to tell him - "this is your last chance kid, you screw up this time don't bother coming back." The Browns will do the same.

In any case, AFAIK Gordon doesn't get out of his rehab stint until the 21st. I doubt he's going to be instantly reinstated. Not holding my breath.

But, yet again.....another guy that had just as many violations misses all of three games.  Would this be that guys last chance?

Archived