THE BROWNS BOARD

Garrett Hurt Already

TopDawg31

Good News..The picture I took at Draft of Myles Garrett being our #1 pick..Been My Home screen since April...I Took it Down Today..The Curse is over AG!! 

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, ATENEARS said:

Your bringing that era to modern day, how about taking these modern day pre-Madonna's back in time, riding a bus to far away cities, sleeping at the motel 6 equivalent, no money for all the luxuries, playing on a cow pasture with less equipment, dealing with much, much greater racism and family hardships, etc ..

Ha, one of our wine club guys Merve Berschet, G, Illinois  1954-55 Played for the Redskins. RIP, but I knew him well. He was damn low key about it- didn't find out for years he actually played. You would have never guessed in a million years seeing him he was big enough to play OG in the NFL- you stand next to the current crop- they blot out the sun. Asked Marvin what he was making back then. Answer is $4,000. The inflation table says that's $36k in today's dollars.

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

you would have never guessed in a million years seeing him he was big enough to play OG in the NFL- you stand next to the current crop- they blot out the sun. Asked Marvin what he was making back then. Answer is $4,000. The inflation table says that's $36k in today's dollars.

That's, of course, ANOTHER thing....the money.  The money is incredible in the modern era.  It's not just a bunch of ruffians that play for the love of the game.  It's guys with size that see dollar signs too.  Fame & fortune.  They dedicate their LIVES to training and to doing what they need to to make it in the NFL.   -  Of course, on the other side of the coin, there's Josh Gordon.   

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Good News..The picture I took at Draft of Myles Garrett being our #1 pick..Been My Home screen since April...I Took it Down Today..The Curse is over AG!! 

Yeah but did you get rid of that voodoo doll with the pins in its ankles?:P

7 hours ago, medicineman said:

Maybe we should get a Voodoo doll of Big Ben? Worth a shot eh? Not sure I would be willing to spend any money on it. Maybe make 1 from scratch?

That POS has landed face first without a helmet in a motorcycle accident and raped girls with impunity.

I'm pretty sure a voodoo doll is useless vs someone who obviously sold his soul years ago.

17 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Today's football players? They suck. Less practice equals less quality on the field. Pure and simple. That's where that saying came from.. you know...practice makes perfect.

Plus they don't practice hard.. Which is why there are more injuries in the game...

2 hours ago, nickers said:

Plus they don't practice hard.. Which is why there are more injuries in the game...

And the average player is still bigger, faster, stronger than generations past.

A 6' 2" 210 lb player today has been in formal training longer some since junior high and high school and in weight reps, 40 times, vertical jumps, etc. etc. better than even their 6' 2" 210 lb players from yesteryear..... don't believe it just ask any former player.

Oh yes less big physical contact and reduced training time to cut down on concussions will affect playing sharpness on the field at least early on in the season. 

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

And the average player is still bigger, faster, stronger than generations past.

A 6' 2" 210 lb player today has been in formal training longer some since junior high and high school and in weight reps, 40 times, vertical jumps, etc. etc. better than even their 6' 2" 210 lb players from yesteryear..... don't believe it just ask any former player.

Oh yes less big physical contact and reduced training time to cut down on concussions will affect playing sharpness on the field at least early on in the season. 

These soft, "less-skilled" players of today would annihilate the "real men" teams of a generation or two ago. It would be an absolute bloodbath.

I know it doesn't fit into the "HEY YOU KIDS GET OFF MY DAMNED LAWN" narrative pushed on here, but it's true.

27 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

These soft, "less-skilled" players of today would annihilate the "real men" teams of a generation or two ago. It would be an absolute bloodbath.

I know it doesn't fit into the "HEY YOU KIDS GET OFF MY DAMNED LAWN" narrative pushed on here, but it's true.

Go back to the old rules and they would not survive Night Train Lane and D. Butkus. Most of the skilled players on offense would be on protocol by halftime.:P

17 hours ago, Orion said:

Sure, Jim Brown would still be good...but he wouldn't be a 'man among boys' anymore.  

Bingo...

Jim was a physical specimen in an age of underdeveloped physiques... when 270 linemen were "big" and 300 pounders were rare. When 240# LBs ran like linemen run today and 200# DBs ran like today's LBs.

It's the strength at speed that separates today's pro athletes from those of my NFL fandom's formative years.

Jim might still be "the man", but it would be as a man among men.

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Go back to the old rules and they would not survive Night Train Lane and D. Butkus. Most of the skilled players on offense would be on protocol by halftime.:P

The "new" rules were largely put in place to keep today's players from literally killing each other.

And you cannot just cherry pick a few players from yesteryear to compare to today's players it just doesn't work......and YES I grew up watching 1950s and 60s players!

And I'm 67 dammit and keep your stuff off my lawn! :lol:

Well, now after 4 games, being excited to see Myles play is like being excited about seeing that brand new 4K TV that's hanging on the only wall left of your burned out home. 

On 9/30/2017 at 1:44 AM, hoorta said:

He just might have been above average. In case  you don't remember Jim was running over 230 pound defensive ends, not the 270+ pound guys of today's NFL.. The 3-4 defense with linebackers weighing at least as much- or 250 ish and almost as fast might have made a slight difference on running power sweeps. DUH. So stop the hero worship.

You are truly a dumb Shmuck. Lamar Lundy, Rosie Greer,  Carl Eller,  Merlin Olsen, etc etc etc....all.tony guys Right?

Tell me again how much difference those dome a dozen fat butt OL we got make a difference?

Tell me.how shitty the Bengals are and how bad Dalton is.

Before you do, get Flugel off his knees and let him tell us again "Williams will have the defense whipped onto a frenzy. 

I bet you guys alllooked.loke you are a big Ghoolie Sheet sandwich today.

When it comes to football,pal....O am the king.  Tell me.again how Lewis goes before Hue.

1 minute ago, Ghoolie said:

You are truly a dumb Shmuck. Lamar Lundy, Rosie Greer,  Carl Eller,  Merlin Olsen, etc etc etc....all.tony guys Right?

Tell me again how much difference those dome a dozen fat butt OL we got make a difference?

Tell me.how shitty the Bengals are and how bad Dalton is.

Before you do, get Flugel off his knees and let him tell us again "Williams will have the defense whipped onto a frenzy. 

I bet you guys alllooked.loke you are a big Ghoolie Sheet sandwich today.

When it comes to football,pal....O am the king.  Tell me.again how Lewis goes before Hue.

How did your fight with Zombo go this morning?

8 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

You forgot Decon Jones if you were going for the Rams' Fearsome Foresome, a great  defensive front back in the day all could play today because they were the best back then not the typical players. Fun going down memory lane occasionally. 

37 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

You forgot Decon Jones if you were going for the Rams' Fearsome Foresome, a great  defensive front back in the day all could play today because they were the best back then not the typical players. Fun going down memory lane occasionally. 

Didn't forget him, just was't making an exhaustive list. Lilly, Andre, lots of huge players, and they were much more physically fit that today's lardasses. Remember when Terrell Davis ran the big fat bastards of Green Bay in the SB? Hoorta likes fatasses...he thinks they are the most important player on the field.

Just now, Ghoolie said:

Didn't forget him, just was't making an exhaustive list. Lilly, Andre, lots of huge players, and they were much more physically fit that today's lardasses. Remember when Terrell Davis ran the big fat bastards of Green Bay in the SB? Hoorta likes fatasses...he thinks they are the most important player on the field.

Do you mean gym rats? Today's professional players are 100% committed AND paid very well to stay in shape better than ever.......just the facts Ghool. ;)

3 minutes ago, Orion said:

No sense rushing Garrett back any time soon.  Might as well let that ankle continue to heal.

Yeah, along with his bleeding vagina.

4 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Will the pussy even play a real game in the NFL is the question?

I was the first one to bring actually truth about KWII never being any good after the first knee problem. My childhood best friend is a top Orthopod at UH...he tels me Garrett will never be hole and will have recurring ankle problems and not last in the NFL. I promise you, he's not going to contribute much.

9 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

I was the first one

I assume you're quite happy that the Browns got 'phucked up' today.  Just like you've been hoping.

- leaving to go help Mrs. Wife with the grandkids while their parents are out -

52 minutes ago, Orion said:

I assume you're quite happy that the Browns got 'phucked up' today.  Just like you've been hoping.

- leaving to go help Mrs. Wife with the grandkids while their parents are out -

Yeah. I enjoyed it. As I have said, I have had my fill of this Sheet. This franchise is destroying everything the Browns were ever about. Enough of this cowpoop pretending that EVERYTHING the Browns do is great, and everyone else sucks. On and on, endless mental masturbation about how we are finally on the right track, about how we finally have the right package, about how we are accumulating assets.

Do I honestly want the Browns franchise to be sold, moved and re-named? Absolutely. I want the very worst that can happen in this world to a football team to happen to this franchise. I don't care what it is, losses, draft pick busts even injuries, yes............... even injuries.

Look, 18 Shmucking years since the Fake Browns V2.0 has been raping Browns history. And the fans? The dumb fucks are such whores they will accept any piece of garbage, no matter how laughable it is, all because they just have to have the Browns to hold on to. You Shmucking people know the truth. This team has no connection to the team of Paul Brown. You know it, I know it, and the football gods know it. Hence you have Sheet picks like Coleman, Garrett and Kizer.

I get called a Troll, but my message IS consistent, and while people don't like it........... I sure as Shmuck have a greater grip on reality than any fan here, and any goddamned professional prognosticator. It's the Walter Mitty Sheet that get s me. man. How bad is it? You have a grown man, board monitor, Zomblow living a mental fantasy about fist fighting me. He wants to fistfight..............but yet I am the bully? Dude, the city of Cleveland is fucked up, Browns fans are fucked up and the franchise before us is commensurate with fucktardsville.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I SAY.........Offensive linemen are fatasses, the least important and athletic players on the field. THe new OL won't make a difference

HOORTA INSISTS, with the board chiming in.........The NEw OL will deliver stellar reuslts.

Clearly, the 2017 line is no better than the 2016 version. DOn't tell me how it looks.............. RESULTS................The results show me to be dead butt on

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************I SAY ....... Greg WIlliams is a jackoff. His D will be no better than the 2016 version, and maybe worse because he is not about discipline...............

FLUGEL SAYS.............."Greg Williams will have this defense whipped into a frenzy.

So tell me again how I am wrong. I gotta hear this Sheet. Swiss Cheese Williams.......... Shmucking dumb bastard and Hue deserve each other

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

And on and on and on it goes. Circle jerk over our ASSETS and draft picks, and our picks, like I said.........THE WORST Shmucking DRAFT IN 2016 AND 2017. Building for the future? Okay........ what characteristics of this 2 year old fuckpile is showing great strides? Who are our playmakers? How is the QB of this future? YOu draft a Socksucker who wants to be a Cowboy? 3 times his ankles are cracked and THIS is our great #1 #1?

No QB is ever good enough for our high standards............ no draft has a QB worthy of what we are looking for.....Ben, Marioata, Wentz, Gough, Trubisky.......Julio Jones, AJ Green, Petersen, Elliot, Bosa......................... no playmaker is ever good enough....we must trade down and build assets. Shmuck man, you don't win football with assets, you win with great playmakers.

All this focus on the OL and utility players hand Black Uncle Fester has delivered 1 - 19..................

So yeah, I was happy today. I am picking the Jets next week, and hoping we hear Garrets ankles go SNAP! again. 

I want this team to fail, to be sold, to be moed and renamed. It is a disgrace to the real Cleveland Browns.

8 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Clearly, the 2017 line is no better than the 2016 version. DOn't tell me how it looks.............. RESULTS................The results show me to be dead butt on

You have stubbornly been wrong about the offensive line ALL ALONG.  I've been telling you that the line IS BETTER because they don't have to play Cam Erving anymore.  And I've also told you that the OL may NOT make a hill of beans of difference because of our issue with skilled players.  Because our skilled players suck DOES NOT MEAN that our OL is not better.  Can you understand that concept??   It's like blaming our Michelin tires for losing races when we've got a 1.5 liter engine battling V8's.

I agree.  It's very sad watching our GOOD historic W/L stats erode away over the last two decades.  It's heartbreaking is what it is.  But we're stuck in this universe.

I agree.  We let good players go to other teams.  We do MORE than let, we GIVE them to other teams....and they give us their lousy draft slot and we pick a half butt player.  I wanted Wentz.  But NOOoooo, we want a bunch of half butt players instead.  And now Watson seems to be doing well for Houston.  Good for him.  But, of course it sucks to be us.

Maybe you're right and we should lose badly all year and get rid of the whole lot yet again.  One could argue that they're lousy talent evaluators.  Many of us have been wanting us to pick the best QB available for many years now.  But these guys want to wait until they THINK the next Tom Brady will be available to them.....no matter how many #1 picks they have to trade away while waiting. 

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I was the first one to bring actually truth about KWII never being any good after the first knee problem. My childhood best friend is a top Orthopod at UH...he tels me Garrett will never be hole and will have recurring ankle problems and not last in the NFL. I promise you, he's not going to contribute much.

They said exactly this about clowney s microfracture. Which if u really have a friend who's in ortho, will tell u it is 10x worse than ankle Sheet

Archived