THE BROWNS BOARD

Garrett Hurt Already

TopDawg31

13 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

You took the time to look that up?  I thought you didn't care about such stuff.  In fact, I thought you wanted your account deleted.   

Now, here is some nostalgia:   All you gotta do is to act like a Hippie.   You know what Hippy kids did to get their parents so upset?  Nothing, nothing at all.  Particularly when it came to cutting their hair.    A lot of people here didn't grow up in that era, but I and a few others did.   Parents, and other would go apoplectic because their kids simply did nothing when it came to cutting their hair. They just didn't cut it. 

So, perhaps your best act of "Protest"    against the NFL....is to do nothing.  Don't watch, don't listen, don't post, don't grow your hair if you want.  Just do nothing.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more I read between the lines, the more I can almost promise Garrett will play Sunday.  Now, it won't be "all game" or anything, but I think you can expect to see him for about 30 snaps.  Why do I feel so confident?  Garrett has been seen running before practice (not jogging as I understand, but could be wrong), Cincy has the worst rated OT's in the league, Ogbah has been the absolute WORST pass rusher, and this team has almost all their best players hurt.  No Coleman or Collins, and that kills us.  We're also 0-3, and we're playing a home game.  I don't care what people say, we HAVE TO WIN this game.  If the game last week happened in Cleveland, there would've been boos and beer bottles thrown onto the field.  We HAVE to win.

Problem is...we're not going to.  Cincy does everything in their power to take away the long ball, and they want to force the short stuff.  We don't have an accurate QB, and we don't have receivers.  We also can't run the ball.  Geno Atkins is going to absolutely destroy us.  Again, like I always say, I want to be wrong, but I'm generally right.  Not because I'm smart, but because I won't predict a Browns win.  Nothing changes this weekend, sorry.  

14 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Getting back to the original thread-there is a chance he may play some this Sunday. Seems slim, but still a chance.

http://scout.com/nfl/browns/Article/Myles-Garrett-not-practicing-on-Wednesday-but-Hue-Jackson-said-h-108063533

I'd rather wait until he's close to 100%, don't want a repeat of A&M playing on one leg.

37 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I'd rather wait until he's close to 100%, don't want a repeat of A&M playing on one leg.

A&M should not have allowed him to make the decision to play like that. The Browns seem to understand the long term implications of bringing him back too soon. OK by me.

If Garrett is questionable, I sit him. Here's why...

His best move at this point is still his ability to go amazingly low, below the OT's waist making the OT bend his waist and lose his power while Myles keeps his. At my age I can't remember how to get so low, let alone do it... let alone do it with 300+ lb. laying on my back. I'm just not that flexible... and neither is a tender, high-ankle sprain.

At minimum if he plays hurt, Myles' best move is diminished... perhaps even eliminated. At worst he re-injures the ankle.

43 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Geno Atkins is going to absolutely destroy us. 

He's off to a great start this year, but as long as Tretter gets help, then we have a good chance to minimize the damage. Bito is looking strong, if not fast. Zeitler really came on last week and wasn't playing badly before that. If we minimize the number of times any one of our interior guys end up with Geno 1-on-1, we should be OK.

Of course the Bengals aren't just going to let that happen... Should be interesting.

Whenever Myles does a press conference, the dude always looks so disinterested and like he would rather be anywhere else on the planet. Maybe I'm just reading him wrong, but something about the dude puts me off. 

If and when he actually plays and makes an impact, I'll probably warm up to him real quick............ hopefully some day soon I'll see. 

3 hours ago, D Bone said:

Whenever Myles does a press conference, the dude always looks so disinterested and like he would rather be anywhere else on the planet. Maybe I'm just reading him wrong, but something about the dude puts me off. 

If and when he actually plays and makes an impact, I'll probably warm up to him real quick............ hopefully some day soon I'll see. 

Boy, where have we heard this before? Hey, I know, let's do some simple arithmetic and see how it adds up........................

1) Garrett admits that he doesn't give full effort on every down. His words, not mine.

2) Garrett makes a video asking Jerry Jones to get him the hell out of Cleveland (Once his agent informs him how much tat can cost him, he retracts)

3) He has had three different ankle injuries that have kept him out of play                                                                                                                                                 

=  WASTED #1 #1 Pick.

I don't know what part of this guy people are in love with. I call him a Zumba instructor, and that's what he is. Body by Jake. Can you honestly tell me that when you look at this guy you see a Monster of The Midway? A Killer? He looks like a polka dancer for the love of God.  I just don't get it. This guy is the antithesis of what you want in an edge rusher. He is so soft. 

Per Tony Grossi on Redzone--Garrett has a bad cold (and Gordo's out of purple drank) ..Jamie Collins will be a official scratch tomorrow when IR report comes out..not cleared from concussion protocol(can anyone confirm the hit/hitter that took him out?I've found nothing)  

56 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Jamie Collins will be a official scratch tomorrow when IR report comes out..not cleared from concussion protocol(can anyone confirm the hit/hitter that took him out?I've found nothing)  

Hey Doc!  If I have a concussion will I get paid to sit around riding a bike while everyone else works on the field?  And watch wearing street clothes while everybody gets beat up just to lose another game on Sunday?   Well then, my head hurts and you're holding up eleven fingers.

Sorry, enough of me being an ass.  I guess it takes some time for a brain bruise to heal. Seems like they're multi-week injuries.  

4 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I don't know what part of this guy people are in love with. I call him a Zumba instructor, and that's what he is. Body by Jake. Can you honestly tell me that when you look at this guy you see a Monster of The Midway? A Killer? He looks like a polka dancer for the love of God.  I just don't get it. This guy is the antithesis of what you want in an edge rusher. He is so soft. 

Nah- he looks like the paleontologist he wants to be someday. Some guys have that mild mannered personality- until they get on the football field. Merlin Olson and Deacon Jones come to mind. Yeah- Joe Thomas too. 

If you're right about Garrett- then every scout and GM in the NFL is gonna be wrong. I'm at least willing to give him the rest of this season and maybe more before I start saying he was a bad pick- and BTW, I wanted Trubisky too. 

8 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Per Tony Grossi on Redzone--Garrett has a bad cold (and Gordo's out of purple drank) ..Jamie Collins will be a official scratch tomorrow when IR report comes out..not cleared from concussion protocol(can anyone confirm the hit/hitter that took him out?I've found nothing)  

Just can't make this shit up, probably a case of vaginal drip not a cold.

Doesn't Almendoza have a previous history?

19 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Still mad about ogbah getting protected during preseason. They completely handed him and garrett those starting reps. Garrett i understand and he played commensurate to that, but igbah sucked just as bad in preseason as he does now. Other guys should have gotten first team reps. 

... and Ogbah would have looked better vs. the 2's and 3's... because they are 2's and 3's.

Other than Nassib, who is out performing Ogbah in the DE rotation now in our base?

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

On his way.:P

OK.... now I'm worried.

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

Nah- he looks like the paleontologist he wants to be someday. Some guys have that mild mannered personality- until they get on the football field. Merlin Olson and Deacon Jones come to mind. Yeah- Joe Thomas too. 

If you're right about Garrett- then every scout and GM in the NFL is gonna be wrong. I'm at least willing to give him the rest of this season and maybe more before I start saying he was a bad pick- and BTW, I wanted Trubisky too. 

I read an interesting article, I think from ESPN, it may be a rehash, I don't know. The story reads that Hue and Williams wanted Garrett,,,,,,,,,, Depo wanted Trubisky, Sashi sided with Hue. So what are the ramifications internally here? I have been attacked for making the Garrett versus Trubisky comparison, but it doesn't matter that they play different positions, they are as idiots like to say, "assets". For most, it is too early to tell, but if Garrett is what I think he is, and that is a phony piece of shit, Haslam not only grits his teeth at another embarrassment, but Depo and Sashi have grounds for a feud. 

Regarding Garrett, it isn't just his off field demeanor I have an issue with, on the field, he isn't Merlin Olson, neither is JT in intensity.

On a side note, This fucking Joe Thomas crap is bullshit. He can't run block for shit. Paul Brown built a career on running the sweep, and I can't ever remember JT taking part in a successful power sweep. He is okay, but he isn't anything special. He couldn't carry Anthony Munoz jockstrap.

25 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Regarding Garrett, it isn't just his off field demeanor I have an issue with, on the field, he isn't Merlin Olson, neither is JT in intensity.

On a side note, This fucking Joe Thomas crap is bullshit. He can't run block for shit. Paul Brown built a career on running the sweep, and I can't ever remember JT taking part in a successful power sweep. He is okay, but he isn't anything special. He couldn't carry Anthony Munoz jockstrap.

What I'm getting at is you don't need to have a Jack Lambert or Mike Singletary demeanor to be a great defensive player. 

Regarding Joe, you don't get voted to 10 straight Pro Bowls by being a bum. 

5 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

,,,,, Depo wanted Trubisky, Sashi sided with Hue. So what are the ramifications internally here? I have been attacked for making the Garrett versus Trubisky comparison, but it doesn't matter that they play different positions, they are as idiots like to say, "assets". For most, it is too early to tell, but if Garrett is what I think he is, and that is a phony piece of shit, Haslam not only grits his teeth at another embarrassment, but Depo and Sashi have grounds for a feud. 

Depo just never made any sense fitting in this FO..Adding Grigson was sense-less..We need a Football Suit Guy to bang heads between FO to coaches ..Mean while Dave Gettleman (x-GM Car.) & John Dorsey (x-GM KC) are still un-employed..Sashi would not risk it for his own job security reasons..Neither may never consider the phone call..But shit, what does a fan know    

When did we learn who DePo wanted?

And fuck hiring another "football guy"... been there done that...

But, Tour, we just did not hire the right one...

That's right.. know what? Just like Elite QBs, there just aren't that many "right ones"...

18 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'm hoping he WILL sit out. I have been worried that they might throw him in the fray prematurely. Coming off a high ankle sprain & then going from limited practice to active in the same week is, IMHO, playing with fire & risking losing him for possibly even the balance of the season. It's only game 4, so let's be conservative & play safe. Take the time & make sure he's ready.

Mike

The issue is that he had more pain and difficulty moving today. He is likely to miss two more weeks

Archived