THE BROWNS BOARD

Garrett Hurt Already

TopDawg31

Look.....what you get first is kind of a stupid argument......everyone knows you need a qb......BUT, on average, there is only one a year to be had....soooo, you get one when you get one.....thats how it goes....and you constantly try to draft the best players and build the best team possible, whilst looking for that QB....

Sometimes there is a great one and you just happen to be the first pick.....or.....sometimes you get lucky with one who is picked later....

None the less....there are always about 15 "good" ones in the league(at any given time)...and there are 32 teams.....so, at one per year, it will take, in theory, 32 years for each team to get one......and since things dont work out perfectly balanced, some teams will get 2, whist others dont get any.....

Examples....Colts vs Browns....in fact, it has been EXACTLY 32 years since we drafted a franchise type QB(so we are due)......and the Colts get 2 in 15 years.....

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Riddle me this boo-bird... How many great QBs have won a SB without a great HC?

6 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Build it and they will win super bowls with Joe Blow happens infrequently. 

Look at the teams always in the Super Championship conversation?  They have real QBs. About 25% of the teams self destruct per shitty QB play - the Tierod Taylors of the NFL. Another 25% are unproven hopefuls like the Bortles and Mariotas. Bridgewater before he got hurt. 25% more are the Super Bowl prick teasers - Amish Luck, Dalton and the Newtons. They will get you in the playoffs and maybe inside a Super Bowl without paying for a ticket, but deep down you know a kick in the nutsack is coming. The final and cream of the crop 25% are your Rodgers, Ben and Bradys. Heading into a draft youre not thinking about the QB position, but how to build a better club around them.

There are currently four, consensus "elite" QBs in the League and three are near the end. Before Peyton hung them up there were five.

Since Tom Terrific won his first in SB 36 (XXXVI) how many of the 16 have the elite won? A: Eleven.

There's no doubt that an elite QB gives a team a serious edge, but if five times in sixteen is "infrequent", then I do not know what the word means.

On 9/23/2017 at 12:45 PM, Tour2ma said:

Riddle me this boo-bird... How many great QBs have won a SB without a great HC?

There are currently four, consensus "elite" QBs in the League and three are near the end. Before Peyton hung them up there were five.

Since Tom Terrific won his first in SB 36 (XXXVI) how many of the 16 have the elite won? A: Eleven.

There's no doubt that an elite QB gives a team a serious edge, but if five times in sixteen is "infrequent", then I do not know what the word means.

Four?  Let em guess who those are supposed to be:   Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Ben R?   (Where do Rivers and Eli rate? What about Ryan and Newton...two SB losers? And Flacco...an SB winner?

On 9/22/2017 at 11:58 AM, The Gipper said:

Oh no. no. no. no. no.....big nig mistake. Brisett has a far better QB management team behind him, and a much more successful and smarter HC. There is no argument here. Brisett was on his way to beating the Cardinals. Kizer has never been in a situation where he could win a game. Brisett will have a better game than Kizer. He will beat the Browns.

Short memory....just two weeks ago Kizer very well may have been in a situation to win a game.  He led the team to a TD vs. the Steelers, bringing them to within 3 pts.  They were in a situation where the COULD win.   Had the defense held the Steelers instead of giving up first downs, Kizer may have led them into position to win. 

Gip, you nailed it on this one.  This is exactly what i came away with on the game.  And our receivers didn't help us either.  I choose to believe if we draft one or two stud WRs next year and a good CB, we will be in the running for division champs.  But I have my doubts based on history,.

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Four?  Let em guess who those are supposed to be:   Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Ben R?   (Where do Rivers and Eli rate? What about Ryan and Newton...two SB losers? And Flacco...an SB winner?

Don't take the bait anyone

2 hours ago, wargograw said:

Not taking it all....but....I ......have....to.....reply.................

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

1) Concensus.......that was the word he used......consensus......

2) I remember you fighting me, tooth and nail, that Rivers was NOT elite......just saying(he is, btw)......and Eli, Flacco & Newton are not elites....just goodish....

2 hours ago, Hempman said:

Kizer throws behind to many receivers. Browns fans make excuses for the QB. It is their nature.

He does....but he is a 21 year old rookie....and he needs to learn to do better.  No excuses.....just hope for improvement.  He has arm talent.  Can he learn and improve. 

47 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

Not taking it all....but....I ......have....to.....reply.................

1) Concensus.......that was the word he used......consensus......

2) I remember you fighting me, tooth and nail, that Rivers was NOT elite......just saying(he is, btw)......and Eli, Flacco & Newton are not elites....just goodish....

You talking to me?  I am not sure...if I said that Rivers is not elite...that I have changed my mind. I was just questioning Tour on his  QB strata...and asking about these other guys...because he was being coy...and apparently wanting us to guess who he had in mind. Yes...I just played along...and took the bait. Me and  You can make our own strata.

17 hours ago, Hempman said:

Kizer throws behind to many receivers. Browns fans make excuses for the QB. It is their nature.

Plenty of examples of blame on both ends of our passes, but I agree that there's a growing tendency to blame the receiving end.

17 hours ago, wargograw said:

Bait? I bait?

41 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Plenty of examples of blame on both ends of our passes, but I agree that there's a growing tendency to blame the receiving end.

Bait? I bait?

Sure, I will bite a bit.      Kizer went 22/47  for a 46.8 completion pct.     Let's assume for a moment that every one of those 8 catches had been made. It would have given him a 30/47...or a 63.8 completion pct.  That would have been pretty darn good.   Lets say that only half of those would have been made, that would be 26/47  or 55.3%.    No great, but not terrible.   

The question of course is....what would the outcome have been had all or even half of those drops been caught?

And beyond that...how would that have helped the defense not cack up a furball every time they saw T.Y. Hilton on the field or saw Brissett running the ball.

I mean....the browns scored 28 points.  That SHOULD be enough to win a lot of ball games.  It would have been enough to beat both Pitt. and Balt.   But we let the shitt Colts...and I still think they are shitty....run rampant on our defensive backs.

11 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

waiting for you to STFU.

Or, do you not having to say about football because you claimed  you were giving up on the NFL.  This is what you have in lieu? Pictures of worms?

OK, I will be the one to break things up:  Since you are not talking football,  I see that on your list of interests that you have Traveling on there.  As you may know that is also my #1 "hobby" as well. Gone, or going anywhere interesting lately?

I love football. not the other garbage. I'll watch the Browns later on in an evening. No more dedicating myself to real gametime.

Because of their garbage, I have more important things to do. Not much to say about Garrett being hurt that hasn't been said already.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

I love football. not the other garbage. I'll watch the Browns later on in an evening. No more dedicating myself to real gametime.

Because of their garbage, I have more important things to do. Not much to say about Garrett being hurt that hasn't been said already.

I asked about Traveling....which on your avatar you say is one of your main interests.  What about that?

Surprised to see that about both Garrett and Collins, but especially Collins.

1 hour ago, Kvoethe said:

All I know.... NHL starts in a week!!!!

That's still a thing? ;)

Archived