THE BROWNS BOARD

Garrett Hurt Already

TopDawg31

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I just completed my fantasy football draft and took Antonio Brown as my first choice. Near the end I was trying to pick the Browns for my 2nd defensive team and came across the article on Myles getting an MRI. All I can say is after watching JM go down in alcoholic flames, the Aggies blowing a 34 point lead in less than 20 minutes on the clock and now Myles going down............................................................................I'm home! I'm home! I found a team as snake bit as A&M to root for in the pros!!:lol:

How are we the only team in the NFL to have our number 1 picks get hurt before the season starts?  This is the same  old same. HELL why not have Kizer ride the bench to "learn" and bring in some 40 year old qb for him to learn from like all the other coaches did. My GAWD already

18 minutes ago, medicineman said:

How are we the only team in the NFL to have our number 1 picks get hurt before the season starts?  This is the same  old same. HELL why not have Kizer ride the bench to "learn" and bring in some 40 year old qb for him to learn from like all the other coaches did. My GAWD already

Ah Houston might argue with you on Clowney. Out most of his first two years after being #1 overall.

and that is the brilliance of how the Browns are building their team - character, smarts, love for the game, and then ability..

and depth. From Mark's link... it's interesting to note - Garrett's initial ankle injury is because........

Cam Irving, the 300 lb sack of potatoes on a fence.... stepped on it.

" Jackson said he didn't think it was the same ankle that Garrett injured on June 14th during minicamp. In that instance, when Cam Erving stepped on his left ankle, he suffered a lateral foot sprain that sidelined him for several weeks. "

7 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Ghoolie was right, he's soft, like Courtney Brown and 'Big Money'.....

Remind you of anyone in the past?

Isn't it funny how each and every year all these fucking analytical experts tell me how off base I am, and then reality hits and one-by-one people pop in here and say, " "Ghoolie was Right", or they just cuss at me, and stop posting? So how is it that all this outlandish shit I predict, year-after-year comes to fruition? First of all, my predictions are only outlandish to YOU guys. That doesn't mean they are outlandish, they are just above your level of understanding, is all.

Look, I don't care what discipline of life one is looking at, common sense always, always, rules out over shit like analytics and sportscasters who are told by the NFL what to say, who to pimp, and who to slam. Every year, the media crows about how the Browns finally got it right..........only to gasp in disbelief when all these supposedly great moves turn into shit.

Common sense wold tell anyone that Myles Garrett was a bust of a pick, a waste of a pick.

1) You don't draft a fucking guy who makes a video begging for another team to take him. WTF is wrong with you people? Have you no self respect?

2) Against Alabama, Garrett looked like a homosexual, kind of how he did in preseason.  That was a harbinger of things to come. They guy is simply too lanky, not fast enough off the snap, not strong enough to hold his own.

3) There is nothing Earth Shattering about a top player getting dinged. but Garrett is damaged goods. He will never be more healthy in his life than he is in his rookie season. 3 times now, ankle problems. Two was enough, given his rush to the QB, you have to admit, had been fucking pathetic. C mon people, #1 #1, this fucking guy isn't an animal, he is along for the ride, going through the motions.

We went through this shit before. People blasting me when I said WInSLOW would never be much after his injuries. But you guys knew best, you posted shit about how terriffic microfracture surgery was................... yeah, I said.................. for you and me...................... but for someone to play at the level of the NFL? So now, you can come back at me with your horseshit............... ITS NOT THE SAME ANKLE GHOOLIE..........

Yeah, you guys are right, this is the third time Garrett is fucked up and again it is ankle related. And you think this is "good news? Now the guy has left practice and will miss time because of his OTHER ankle. Makes sense to me, it's just a coinkidink. When he returns, he will favor the newly injured ankle, making way for an injury on the other one again.

It's not like this fucking kid was going to pressure anyone, any time soon. Seriously, stick a fork in him.

6 hours ago, stillmotion said:

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports the Browns "fear" Myles Garrett's ankle injury is serious.

The Browns are still awaiting an MRI, but the early signs are this is a multi-week injury. Garrett is in doubt for the season opener and could miss over a month. It's a disappointing start to Garrett's career, but the Browns have good defensive line depth in Nate Orchard and Carl Nassib. Garrett's concerning history of foot/ankle issues date back to college.

LMAFAO.

8 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Ghoolie was right, he's soft, like Courtney Brown and 'Big Money'.....

Remind you of anyone in the past?

Lawyer Tillman, though he wasn't drafted nearly as high.... 

4 hours ago, medicineman said:

From Bungle Country KiJana Carter. 

18 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Isn't it funny how each and every year all these fucking analytical experts tell me how off base I am, and then reality hits and one-by-one people pop in here and say, " "Ghoolie was Right", or they just cuss at me, and stop posting? So how is it that all this outlandish shit I predict, year-after-year comes to fruition? First of all, my predictions are only outlandish to YOU guys. That doesn't mean they are outlandish, they are just above your level of understanding, is all.

Look, I don't care what discipline of life one is looking at, common sense always, always, rules out over shit like analytics and sportscasters who are told by the NFL what to say, who to pimp, and who to slam. Every year, the media crows about how the Browns finally got it right..........only to gasp in disbelief when all these supposedly great moves turn into shit.

We went through this shit before. People blasting me when I said WInSLOW would never be much after his injuries. But you guys knew best, you posted shit about how terriffic microfracture surgery was................... yeah, I said.................. for you and me...................... but for someone to play at the level of the NFL? So now, you can come back at me with your horseshit............... ITS NOT THE SAME ANKLE GHOOLIE..........

Yup, you may be right Garrett's body can't take the stress of the NFL. It's happened before, it will happen again. 

Now regarding Winslow- you weren't the only goober Saying after Knievel Keven had that micro fracture surgery he was about done. My local Sports Med Doc told me exactly that. Wasn't Rocket Science Tom. 

15 hours ago, The Gipper said:

It was a concern when he missed gamesint Texas with ankle problems. 

Missed "game" at TAMU... game. As in one in three years...

1 minute ago, dawg2fan said:

So where does it say he'll be out for a month?  I see it says his status will be updated in a couple weeks, but for all we know, he might be ready to play.

If he's out now.....

And his status won't change for a couple weeks....

I'll let you connect the dots

5 minutes ago, Gafreleets said:

If he's out now.....

And his status won't change for a couple weeks....

I'll let you connect the dots

I'll bet he's out longer than a month because he's apt to hurt something else..

32 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Missed "game" at TAMU... game. As in one in three years...

Well....talk on here before the draft was how his injuries hampered him.  So maybe he missed one game.  In how many was his play diminished because of injuries.  That is as much of a concern here as him missing games.  

Moral of the story:  don't put him out there until he is 100%.  Browns DO have guys that can play in his stead:  Nassib/Orchard/now Holmes. Even Meder has played some DE.

But...the fact is, going into the beginning of the season, half the starting DL will be out:  Garrett and Shelton.

8 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Talk ain't facts... unless they are all you have apparently.

The facts then are:  he has suffered multiple injuries since being drafted, all before playing a single down in a regular season game. He may in fact be our China Doll.  Hopefully not...but the facts are that is what he is thus far in his professional career.

10 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

The facts then are:  he has suffered multiple injuries since being drafted, all before playing a single down in a regular season game. He may in fact be our China Doll.  Hopefully not...but the facts are that is what he is thus far in his professional career.

I absolutely hated the pick when we made it.. I had bad vibes right from the get go... I thought we were already pretty darn good with Nassib and Ogbah...

9 minutes ago, nickers said:

I absolutely hated the pick when we made it.. I had bad vibes right from the get go... I thought we were already pretty darn good with Nassib and Ogbah...

I did not "hate" the pick.  (You know I was on the Trubisky train though).   I was just concerned about things just like this. 

Of course, no matter who the Browns take in round one...there are concerns.  Injuries always. Being a complete bust, frequently.  I can only say that Karma must have been working against the Browns:  The Gods said: "We gave you Joe Thomas to play every down for 10 years...live with that...ye shall have all your other players taken in round one be Fubar!.     Thanks Zeus et al.

40 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I did not "hate" the pick.  (You know I was on the Trubisky train though).   I was just concerned about things just like this. 

Of course, no matter who the Browns take in round one...there are concerns.  Injuries always. Being a complete bust, frequently.  I can only say that Karma must have been working against the Browns:  The Gods said: "We gave you Joe Thomas to play every down for 10 years...live with that...ye shall have all your other players taken in round one be Fubar!.     Thanks Zeus et al.

I was on the Trubisky train as well.. I was vehemently upset when we did not select him.. And even more furious we took a shot on Kizer instead.

Archived