THE BROWNS BOARD

Kenny Vacarro

jcam222

45 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Apparently the Saints are shopping him. Only 26, high draft pedigree. Think the Browns would have interest?

Well then we can have our own thug targeting players just like Pittspuke.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/15/nfl-fines-kenny-vaccaro-24309-for-illegal-hit/

Gregg Williams is either still looking to shape his Defensive Roster depth with a few looks at practice this week? Or ST Coach Chris Tabor is getting some looks at Cleaning Up ST's like Now. Names brought in per Adam Caplan..DE's=Ian SEAU,Jhaustin Thomas,De'Chavon Hayes////LB=Garrett Sickels///CB's=JaCorey Shepherd & Marcus Sayles..Here's the story on Marcus Sayles https://dawgsbynature.com/2017/9/14/16305498/browns-will-try-out-small-school-standout-defensive-back-marcus-sayes  While in site, check out Film Study on Punt Protection clean up..I'd say Tabor did most of the window shopping this week.. 

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well then we can have our own thug targeting players just like Pittspuke.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/15/nfl-fines-kenny-vaccaro-24309-for-illegal-hit/

Pittsburgh can afford to play nasty once in a while and absorb the penalties.

The browns can't. They're not that good.

Yet. They're young and still under construction.

Plus this retaliation mentality doesn't seem to fare well for those doing the retaliating.

Just ask the Vontaze Birthdefect and the bengals who had the Steelers beat in a playoff game.

2 hours ago, StinkHole said:

Time to get back into your Bat Cave fan of StinkHole's in your home forum..You just got your eyeballs dug out of your assholes by Cleveland..Thank us later or learn we maybe your best competition in division..Sunday in Baltic-of-Whores may have a lot to do with that..When the Vikings take Bell & Ant.Brown away don't come crying to us..See yuk.. Week 17..let's hope ya need it     

Pretty sure we took our shot trading for a Safety this year...

Vaccaro is a good player, but other than than penalty he was assessed for his hit I don't remember hearing his name called. Add that our Safeties were pretty active Game 1 and not sure I see the need.

pro football focus says this:

"This season, Vaccaro has appeared in one game and recorded six tackles and no interceptions or pass defenses. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 69 safety out of 70 qualifying players. "

nah.

Young, underperforming former first round pick?

Seems to fit with this FO's MO...as long as the price is right. For a mid round pick, I'd take a look. At the worst he's a depth SS, which is in line with a 4th/5th round pick. I wouldn't go higher than that.

From what I've heard a couple of those deep, Day Two Safeties we were jawing about pre-Draft are looking pretty good.

Marcus Maye starting for the Jets... Marcus Williams starting FS for the Saints...

Obi is on IR...

14 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

From what I've heard a couple of those deep, Day Two Safeties we were jawing about pre-Draft are looking pretty good.

Marcus Maye starting for the Jets... Marcus Williams starting FS for the Saints...

Yep.....both of those guys were front and center on my radar.........though Kindred & Peppers are off to a good start.....so, maybe we wont be missing them too much......

On 9/16/2017 at 7:59 AM, StinkHole said:

Yet. They're young and still under construction.

Plus this retaliation mentality doesn't seem to fare well for those doing the retaliating.

Just ask the Vontaze Birthdefect and the bengals who had the Steelers beat in a playoff game.

Moral of your story:  hit the Steelers first with a dirty play before they hit you with one?   I suggest:  the opening kickoff.

Archived