THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Colts Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL but, Kizer is the future. No need to draft a QB according to Hue.  We're set! 

He looks the real deal in actual games. I saw the video of him cleaning 405lbs.  Not that it's a weightlifting contest, but damn he's a monster. If you're getting compared to Zeke, that's a sign you're gonna be pretty awesome. 

We need to go back to 3-4 yds and a cloud of dust, than let kizer take deep shots off play action. Just get a big nasty fullback and oyt a big nasty rb behind him a d punish defensive fronts. Keep our defense off the field so that when they do cone in they're flying. 

To revisit that dead horse......vickers/hillis. Rebuild that

21 hours ago, BaconHound said:

He wasn't a very good DB at Michigan at best I thought he would be a safety but doesn't seem to be happening.

I can't remember if you defended Justine Gilbert this strongly :D

I didn't. But you can pretend whatever helps you feel more "right". 

He didn't play DB at Michigan. He also was Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year and won numerous other awards.

This is where I get called a Homer and biased for using facts to show how those that are actual homers and biased are incorrect

14 hours ago, hoorta said:

I should have done the same...   

I won't bang on Peppers- he's doing what he's coached to do... There were other guys in the Brows secondary that played far worse... 

A lot of those punts were moon shots that had no reasonable chance of a return. I counted ONE that Peppers could have fair caught

Woah, hold on. Are you sure? You positive you don't want to declare Peppers a busy already? Blame him for losing the game and say he should have e returned every punt for a TD? 

I think you're doing it wrong.

15 hours ago, hoorta said:

A lot of those punts were moon shots that had no reasonable chance of a return. I counted ONE that Peppers could have not fair caught. 

Well, after returning 3 punts against the Stoolers (with a respectable 11yard avg) he returned zero against the Rats and zero against the Dolts.

Whats the over/under against the Bungholes?

5 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Well, after returning 3 punts against the Stoolers (with a respectable 11yard avg) he returned zero against the Rats and zero against the Dolts.

Whats the over/under against the Bungholes?

I'm with Larry on this one.   I wasn't at the game of course like he was but it seemed like nearly every punt was right against the sidelines or even out of bounds.   Looked like Peppers did an admirable job of flopping when he was hit on the sidelines after one of them.   He made it look like he got destroyed but was barely hit.  Almost worked too...

3 minutes ago, Mark O said:

I'm with Larry on this one.   I wasn't at the game of course like he was but it seemed like nearly every punt was right against the sidelines or even out of bounds.   Looked like Peppers did an admirable job of flopping when he was hit on the sidelines after one of them.   He made it look like he got destroyed but was barely hit.  Almost worked too...

IIRC, he had one he should’ve returned against Indy, and at least two against the Rats.

He could be a great ST weapon, but with all the fair catches...we’ll never know.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

He didn't play DB at Michigan. He also was Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year and won numerous other awards.

This is where I get called a Homer and biased for using facts to show how those that are actual homers and biased are incorrect

Who cares what he did in college.  He was playing like a guy on roller skates, and then flopping like a fish out of water in that first half.  But then things got corrected in the second half.  Maybe you have some insight on that. I suspect that Williams made some adjustments that worked well.  The other thing on him is that he....and we were itching to see him break a big gain on a punt return....instead, when we needed it most, he cacked up a furball and called for a fair catch on a very returnable punt.   I know he was kicking himself for doing it because you could see him doing that....and maybe it is still rookie jitters.  But hell fire.....I was looking for a Metcalf moment there.

On 9/24/2017 at 4:27 PM, MLD Woody said:

Oh joy, now all of the totally not biased OSU fans that were waiting for a bad rookie game can be the keyboard warriors they always knew they could. Smh

Gonna be the worst case of bandwagoning on here. Peppers plays well "I liked that pick". Peppers has the obvious rookie, new position growing pains "Fuck Michigan! We could have had Hooker! I'm definitely not being biased!"

Gonna be a long week of OSU fans circle jerking around here. I guess that's par for the course though. I mean, Hooker got a desperation pick at the end. That basically seals it 3 games into their careers.

Here's the funny part Woody.....you made the post above before ANYONE even said a word......anyone......as if you're begging for someone to pick on your boy and, basically, chiding people for being OSU homers, BEFORE anyone said a word......(of course, I know you got bent outta shape cause the announcers were ripping your boy).....

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Then....you post this, saying folks "will be" calling you a homer(again, before it;s even happened)......when YOU are clearly the only one talking about Peppers poor play and what folks are "gonna do"....

Woah, hold on. Are you sure? You positive you don't want to declare Peppers a busy already? Blame him for losing the game and say he should have e returned every punt for a TD? 

I think you're doing it wrong.

And then here....again....you are chiding people on, cause they are not being the homers you(are) and wish they were...

Please!!! Get over the whole college kid thing and grow the hell up....NO ONE CARES WHERE HE PLAYED......he's a BROWN now.....we just want the dude to play well.....and, when he doesnt, it's not because of where he played, it's because he didnt play well...

Holy crap....bad enough to hear all your homer whiny college kiddy bitch stuff....even worse when youre bitchin about it before it even happens.....

2 hours ago, wargograw said:

I'm not a huge fan of Chubb. Ghoolie's probably in though. 

Seriously though, Chubb's pretty overrated.

Why is he overrated?

EDIT: He’s the 41st ranked player on CBS’ Big Board and the 5th ranked RB. He’s not ranked very high and is averaging 6.8 YPC for his career, has two 1100+ yard seasons and IMO has some of the best vision of any draft eligible RB this year.

1 hour ago, SD_Tom said:

image.png.818306d4135ddd285f47c44d7cf9a54f.png

image.png.d87b38a7441d2bf6c81a232d8a6ce6bb.png

Here are the stats. Have at it.

Woody better send an email to football reference and let them know Peppers wasn't a DB in 2014

2 hours ago, BaconHound said:

Woody better send an email to football reference and let them know Peppers wasn't a DB in 2014

All I can do is shake my head and sigh

Yes, for three games his freshman year, before injuring himself, he was mostly at CB I believe. His sophomore year he was listed as a Safety that played more like a LB. His third year it was something very similar but they called it LB

We went over all of this when posters decided pre draft they hated him because he went to Michigan. Now we have more idiotic, troll, etc posters deciding they hate him after one bad game and continuing to bring up that he went to Michigan. Though I'm sure they're not biased at all...

Smh

Some of you are just blatantly trolling. Others I don't think you even realize your bias.

2 hours ago, Mudfly said:

Here's the funny part Woody.....you made the post above before ANYONE even said a word......anyone......as if you're begging for someone to pick on your boy and, basically, chiding people for being OSU homers, BEFORE anyone said a word......(of course, I know you got bent outta shape cause the announcers were ripping your boy).....

Then....you post this, saying folks "will be" calling you a homer(again, before it;s even happened)......when YOU are clearly the only one talking about Peppers poor play and what folks are "gonna do"....

And then here....again....you are chiding people on, cause they are not being the homers you(are) and wish they were...

Please!!! Get over the whole college kid thing and grow the hell up....NO ONE CARES WHERE HE PLAYED......he's a BROWN now.....we just want the dude to play well.....and, when he doesnt, it's not because of where he played, it's because he didnt play well...

Holy crap....bad enough to hear all your homer whiny college kiddy bitch stuff....even worse when youre bitchin about it before it even happens.....

Ummm.... you might want to read through this thread again. Peppers was called a faggot on the very first page of this thread. He was called out specifically for his college TWICE before I made that  post. So you want to use caps and tell me to get over something when you  can't even get your own facts straight. Hell, someone even said ":We could have had Hooker" before I made that post. 

So do you want to re read this thread and try again champ?

I'll believe it that "no one cares where he played" when  I see it. When there is a thread, before I post, that  doesn't rail on him for being a faggot, or from Michigan, or keep bringing up  Hooker. 

So again, I invite you to actually READ through this thread, test your assumption that I made that post before anything was brought up, and then get back to me. Go ahead.

And when you realize you're wrong, I look forward to how you'll spin your response to still try to get at me for something else.

I was only marginally trolling because Buckeye fans and Wolverine fans are both obnoxious homers. :)  You want real trolling, when he was drafted, the comments section on Cleveland.com was brutal. 

My main point was (aside from the browns never drafting buckeyes) At safety I think most teams would take Hooker over Peppers. If Hooker wasn't injured, I'm sure he would've gone even higher in the draft. That's not a knock on Peppers,  I just think Hooker is simply a better safety. I posted their stats to show why people wanted Hooker, and there's a reason scouts were comparing him to Ed Reed. It;s not simply because he's a Buckeye. 

Trust me, we all hope Peppers winds up  great. Seriously. they need it

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Ummm.... you might want to read through this thread again. Peppers was called a faggot on the very first page of this thread. He was called out specifically for his college TWICE before I made that  post.When there is a thread, before I post, that  doesn't rail on him for being a faggot, or from Michigan, or keep bringing up  Hooker. 

And when you realize you're wrong, I look forward to how you'll spin your response to still try to get at me for something else.

Ok Woody...you're right.....there was a guy who made a Michigan comment....my bad....missed it

But most of the comments were simply about his poor play.....and we could have had Hooker, who was favored by many(cause he was a good player).....I guess, when I read it, it appears you complain more about the Michigan haters, then there are actual haters complaining about Michigan....

Its kinda like the Manziel thing.....the college love fest kids were one of the worst parts of drafting him.....just hoping we dont have to endure that crap with Peppers too....

1 hour ago, Mudfly said:

Ok Woody...you're right.....there was a guy who made a Michigan comment....my bad....missed it

But most of the comments were simply about his poor play.....and we could have had Hooker, who was favored by many(cause he was a good player).....I guess, when I read it, it appears you complain more about the Michigan haters, then there are actual haters complaining about Michigan....

Its kinda like the Manziel thing.....the college love fest kids were one of the worst parts of drafting him.....just hoping we dont have to endure that crap with Peppers too....

You missed some very blatant college based comments around Peppers in a thread where you called me out for there not being any. I think it's safe to say you're glossing over more. Purposely or not.

No one has joined to just hype Peppers. It's no where near Johnny levels. Everything I've said about Peppers has been accurate. I've said repeatedly in this thread he had a bad game. I'm just calling out those saying he's more or less the worst player ever, which is being greatly influenced by his college, whether others on here realize that or not. It's pretty obvious, but if you're used to being around that bias, you might not notice it. 

34 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

You missed some very blatant college based comments around Peppers in a thread where you called me out for there not being any. I think it's safe to say you're glossing over more. Purposely or not.

No one has joined to just hype Peppers. It's no where near Johnny levels. Everything I've said about Peppers has been accurate. I've said repeatedly in this thread he had a bad game. I'm just calling out those saying he's more or less the worst player ever, which is being greatly influenced by his college, whether others on here realize that or not. It's pretty obvious, but if you're used to being around that bias, you might not notice it. 

FWIW-I don't like how they are using Peppers in this new deep centerfield position. Not his fault they are not playing to his hybrid talent. Maybe once Collins and Garrett are playing to full potential it will work better with faster pressure on the QB, but right now it isn't working.

Was not sure where to put this, but this is the most ridiculous game crushing penalty I have ever heard of anywhere. Von Miller gets an unsportsmanlike penalty for taking away his offered hand to good friend Tyrod Taylor after he sacks him at a crucial point in the game. They had been messing with one another in a friendly manner throughout the game, but the ref throws the flag on Miller for not helping him up when it appears he was going to. That is ridiculous even if Miller blames himself for the loss because it was called. Even Taylor thought it was funny and more so that it got called.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20807230/von-miller-late-penalty-allowed-buffalo-bills-extend-their-lead-denver-broncos

12 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Tell that to the OSU troll that keeps bringing it up...

You are the one that was doing the trolling from what I can read.  His posts were only in response to like 3 "poor, poor, pitiful me" posts about Peppers.

And, you know, we still hold YOU personally responsible for his play, you know.:P

Well boys, I'm proud of myself.  I didn't post at all during the game, and it's a good thing because I was PISSED OFF.  

How many of us discussed the poor state of our WR's before the season?  How many analysts did the same thing?  Hell, our own radio personalities weren't happy about the WR's we had on the roster, and that says something because they don't generally voice too many negative comments about our team.  The truly frustrating part is watching guys like Taylor Gabriel, Travis Benjamin, and probably others that we HAD at one point, continue to make NFL plays that matter.  Eight drops in an NFL game?  Have you ever seen it?  I don't think I have, and I don't want to see it again.  All of this talk about Ricardo Louis "looking like a new man" and "ready to make the leap"...all bullshit.  

Kenny Britt?  Nothing new there.  His touchdown grab was a thing of beauty, but that doesn't override the other poor plays.  Kizer threw him a terrible ball on that pick, but Jesus...sometimes a veteran has to pick up the rookie, and he let him down there.  And you know what?  GOD FORBID that a few of these drops or deflections hit the effing ground.  Do we just have the worst luck in the world?  How many balls were up in the air that WE DIDN'T GET TO?  The "punt" that Antonio Brown caught?  The pass last week where we NAILED Brissett as he threw, but the ball somehow popped straight up in the air RIGHT TO THEIR GUY?!  Jesus knows that if that happens to us, there will be a defender coming out of nowhere to make it a pick-6.  I'm tired of it.  That should've been 7 points for us.  

I don't have time to make the kind of post I want to, but maybe I'll have more time this afternoon (I'm sure you all can't wait).  What really upsets me is we probably won't score 28 points again ALL DAMN YEAR.  And we blew it.  Again.  

I'll believe it that "no one cares where he played" when  I see it. When there is a thread, before I post, that  doesn't rail on him for being a faggot, or from Michigan, or keep bringing up  Hooker. 

I think A. they were talking about you, not Peppers...and B.  they were referring to "ladies of the night"...not a football player.:o

10 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

I was only marginally trolling because Buckeye fans and Wolverine fans are both obnoxious homers. :)  You want real trolling, when he was drafted, the comments section on Cleveland.com was brutal. 

My main point was (aside from the browns never drafting buckeyes) At safety I think most teams would take Hooker over Peppers. If Hooker wasn't injured, I'm sure he would've gone even higher in the draft. That's not a knock on Peppers,  I just think Hooker is simply a better safety. I posted their stats to show why people wanted Hooker, and there's a reason scouts were comparing him to Ed Reed. It;s not simply because he's a Buckeye. 

Trust me, we all hope Peppers winds up  great. Seriously. they need it

Didn't Hooker go higher in the draft anyway?  I thought so.  Not sure.

If I recall, you are the one that questioned his coverage ability.  That seems to be an issue still.   I don't recall anyone questioning his tackling skills...but that was a major issue Sunday....for a while anyway.

Now....try answering the question I posed earlier.  Despite his bad performance in the second half  (and the even worse performance by Jamar Taylor), something different happened at halftime such that these guys played much better after T.Y. Hilton ran rampant over them in the first half.  Do you have a clue what was done to improve things back there?

Archived