THE BROWNS BOARD

Kizer or Hogan

PoeticG

At the end of the day we all want that feeling that we had all through PreSeason, that feeling of winning! I can only imagine the feeling of winning four straight games during the regular season. Decide who gives us the best chance to win.  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which Quarterback should be the starter this week verses the Bengals?

• DeShone Kizer
    • Kevin Hogan
    • Cody Kessler
  2. 2. Should the backup QB be brought in from time to time to run some spark plays? I mean, should the coaches draw up an alternate playbook for example, Kevin Hogan, to run? That could bring another wrinkle to the game. Hogan is capable to run some option/wildcat plays with Peppers at HB or Duke/Crow..

• Yes - We should certainly be working ways to get all of our skill players involved.
    • No - The offense is already having a hard enough time getting the ball off before the snap.
  3. 3. Should Hue Jackson get an Offensive Coordinator or maybe get a "Head Coach" / "Game Management Coach" to help him on the sidelines?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this is hard for you to swallow...but...Keizer is our QB.  He is the one with the unknown ceiling.  He has shown signs of progressing and it's only been 3 games.  Only if DeShone quits throwing the ball long will Hue bench him.

As far as the OC.  I voted no.  Because Hue wants to run HIS offense and call the plays.  This is not abnormal for HC's from the offensive side of the ball.  Do I agree with his play calling all the time?  Hell no.  Especially down inside the 5 yard line.  But you're never going to agree with every play ANY play caller calls.  His clock management is suspect also (especially last year's Cincy game just before the half).  But he's what we've got...and we've had worse (unless you talk to the Ghoul).

- jbluhm86, love your sig! :)

This really is about who 'The Fans' want to see as QB.

You have your opinion and I respect that. But it is just your opinion.

We may not know how high Kizer's ceiling is but then again, we don't really know how high Hogan's goes either. 

Hogan is just as big as Kizer, just as fast- actually, Hogan is faster. He jumps higher, has a longer broad jump and dusted Kizer in the 3 cone drill- in fact he ran it just as fast as the 'golden boy' Carson Wentz, an actual first round QB.

I know it's hard for you to swallow but Hogan is the best Quarterback we have. He throws better. He manages the huddle better. He's better under center. He's more accurate... I could go on but- eh, who cares about the facts, this is QB Cleveland Brother!

9 hours ago, PoeticG said:

I know it's hard for you to swallow but Hogan is the best Quarterback we have. He throws better. He manages the huddle better. He's better under center. He's more accurate... I could go on but- eh, who cares about the facts, this is QB Cleveland Brother!

Know your own Fairy Tales Poe..Hogan was cut in KC to get to PS..Hogan never passed waivers..My granddaughters love this movie.I love the Title.

Right....dont see any of the 3 as good enough to win with....all have their short comings.....

But...based purely upon their stats as players for the Browns..... Kessler would be the logical choice....

Comparing his rookie numbers to Kizers rookie numbers, Kessler performed much better......and, while we lambasted him for his dink & dunk avoidance of the long ball....he still maintained a higher avg yds per pass than Kizer.....i attribute this to his MUCH better completion percentage, which was 15% higher than Kizers.....

So....while Kizer throws more downfield.....he completes so few that Kessler actually has higher avgs.....

Hogan?.....appears to move the ball better than both Kizer or Kessler.....but we really haven't seen enough to know.....but, at least in preseason, he was WAY better than the others......

If Kizer digresses more (which he has each game).....Id consider benching him and playing one of the others.....probably Hogan

The Chiefs had Alex Smith, Nick Foles, Tyler Bray, Aaron Murray and Kevin Hogan. Imagine how much time they actually got to evaluate him with five QBs on the roster.

Now, If Kizer struggles early - Please put Hogan in with enough time on the clock that we can still win the game because we have a chance to salvage the season with a victory.  

Manziel? Richardson? What the literal Shmuck are you talking about? 

The Browns MUST win this game at all costs today. The loser of this game is done for the year. So forgive me for wanting to see the QB that gives us the best chance to win. 

I'm not willing to take L's for the fun of it.

4 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

The Browns MUST win this game at all costs today. The loser of this game is done for the year. 

You tell'em Poe'dawg!! Quit eating them Pound-Cakes.& .Lets see some of that Pan'Cakin Eat'n Mofo's upfront

I've seen enough of Kizer. 

Bring out that Franchise QB that is backing up this bum.

I predicted a 13-3 under an assumed notion that we would play the best QB and actually try to win games. 

Under Hogan this team is 4-0. 

You Shmuck off. Why are you here?

8 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

I predicted a 13-3 under an assumed notion that we would play the best QB and actually try to win games. 

Under Hogan this team is 4-0. 

Nice try Spin Dr. 

okay

2 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

okay

Not saying you're wrong about the team having a better chance to win with a 3yr vet than with a 21yr old kid, just saying you knew Hue was starting, and staying with the kid when we all did.

Kizer looks broken to me...... although who is really surprised that a 21yr old kid piloting a shitty team is struggling and regressing? Hue needs to start Hogan next week against a team we can possibly beat. 

Fact of the matter is, we need Kizer to start every single game if he is healthy. This team needs to know what they have in him before the draft and FA. To spend/waste a 2nd round pick on a guy, you want to have 0 questions about what kind of QB he is come time to go get someone else who can potentially be that guy. 

I HATED the Kizer pick. I thought he was a bad collage QB who at times got carried by the players around him. He has surprised me at times, and he has proven me right at others. Even with a bad receiving group around him, we still need to know what he truely is in the NFL. I know what Hogan and Kessler are, back ups at best. We need to know if Kizer is a starting QB, and it takes more than 4 games to do it. 

1. I still say we commit to DeSean Kizer for at least the first eight games. Yes Logan has looked better when he was in but today Hogan was play against second-teamers in garbage time.

2. Sure why not? A little razzle-dazzle never heard anybody.

3. Who cares? No reason to think that that in itself will make any difference one way or the other.

WSS

Archived