THE BROWNS BOARD

DeShaun Watson

SD_Tom

14 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

... if Kizer takes the steps management needs to see that solidifies him as our #1 QB, the SEASON IS A SUCCESS.

All that being said, we need Kizer to take a few more steps.

Agree... A not very close 2nd... at least in terms of success... is learning that Kizer is absolutely not our QB of the future. It's the middleground, the "maybe" zone that is the deadly trap.

12 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Before the season started, if you were to ask who was the ONE offensive player we couldn't lose, I'd tell you it was Corey Coleman. 

Before the season and this side of Kizer, and maybe Joe T, I'd agree.

So what to do about WR now? Can't hinge everything on the off-chance that JG is reinstated and still substantially the WR we can now barely remember, so I'm thinking trade. More on this in another thread.

15 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

And that brings me to the defense.

Which we still haven't seen... Danny, Jamie and Myles all have to return and that still leaves FS wanting with Peppers as a necessary least-worst option, but at least with the return of that trio we get closer to what we could be.

11 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

Ray Lewis said "if you needed a qb at #12,  and you passed on watson,  then you must've been watching different film than I watched.  He's a culture changer and a born winner,  and whatever 'it' is,  he's clearly got it". 

Ray Lewis also killed a man

... and stole his player evaluation capability? Otherwise... kinda off topic.

Watson may rise from the highest floor of any QB in the 2017 draft, or may just stay on that floor. Someone pointed out in the thread that he has gouged some Ds that may not be very good, NE and TN. Did he make them look bad or did they make him look great? Stay tuned...

The one thing no one here is mentioning is that part of the reason for Watson's success is the coach adapting to his play style. People like to dawg on Bill O'Brien, but I give the guy a TON of credit for using the strengths of his QB to the offense. That's the polar opposite of what Hue is doing with Kizer, and as Tour said there is some improvement from him. I just sincerely wonder how Kizer would be looking if we were playing to his strengths (run/read passes, boot legs, etc) as opposed to making WR run 1000 yards down the field every play.

Sigh....

3 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

Ray Lewis said "if you needed a qb at #12,  and you passed on watson,  then you must've been watching different film than I watched.  He's a culture changer and a born winner,  and whatever 'it' is,  he's clearly got it". 

He also wanted Kaepernick, do you agree with that? 

On 10/1/2017 at 10:04 PM, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

These kinds of useless posts always spring up after someone has a big game. Then they disappear when said player comes back down to earth.

Give Kizer DeAndre Hopkins, Will Fuller and the Houston defense and let’s see how well he does.

he'll still suck balls.

so much for your analytics.

On 10/3/2017 at 10:56 AM, RoyceRolls said:

even if Kizer totally flames out, it will still be better than if the Browns had spent 2 first round picks on a guy who will suffer an ACL tear sooner than later. 

like our unable to play #1 de pick?

last thing i want o do is buy ghoolie some bum rum cuz the browns couldn't win 5 games.........well, more money out the window on a franchise that couldn't smell it's own FECES (good try mods) coming out their own asses.

On 10/1/2017 at 11:00 PM, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

Maybe or maybe not, but he damn sure isn’t set up for success like Watson is right now. It’s comparing apples to oranges.

well who you gonna blame that on? farmer and pettine? HA!!!!!

Archived