THE BROWNS BOARD

Safety at Sports Venues

ATENEARS

15 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

So we can't outlaw "bump stop kits" because... you know... slippery slope?

Ah- back in the old days I picked up a few issues of "The Shotgun News". Cal already corrected me about bump stocks- but back then you could get kits to convert semi-autos to full autos. 

Way back in the day, I even thought about getting a permit for an Uzi- I totally get the fun you could have firing a full auto weapon at things other than people. Only takes one nut job to ruin it for the rest of us. 

Yeah, I know there's a (to my mind) group that's into tactical weapons- because they can. Never wanted to own one- Ok self protection? a 12 gauge is way better at close range, and if you want a pistol- get a .45 Colt Acp or a 9mm. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Ah- back in the old days I picked up a few issues of "The Shotgun News". Cal already corrected me about bump stocks- but back then you could get kits to convert semi-autos to full autos. 

Way back in the day, I even thought about getting a permit for an Uzi- I totally get the fun you could have firing a full auto weapon at things other than people. Only takes one nut job to ruin it for the rest of us. 

Yeah, I know there's a (to my mind) group that's into tactical weapons- because they can. Never wanted to own one- Ok self protection? a 12 gauge is way better at close range, and if you want a pistol- get a .45 Colt Acp or a 9mm. 

Got a friend who is a collector who was looking into one of those .50 cal Barrett M82 sniper rifles. I told him if he got it he then he was automatically on the FBI watch list.  LOL! :D

It uses the same bullet fired out of the .50 machine gun with a max effective range of close to 6000 ft. I told him if he hit an antelope hunting in the plains of N.M. there would be no meat left to harvest. I mean who needs that anyway?

10 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

dummest post you ever posted, Gip. your dirtbag obaMao regime approved the bump stocks.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/10/05/nra-releases-surprising-statement-on-bump-stocks-used-by-las-vegas-killer

The same admin that was trampling on your gun rights for 8 years? Wow... Any evidence that you or your gun community was against bump stocks approval at the time?

How about when the Bush administration first "approved" them in 2005? Or did you protest when the Bush admin rescinded that approval in 2007?

11 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

dummest post you ever posted, Gip. your dirtbag obaMao regime approved the bump stocks.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/10/05/nra-releases-surprising-statement-on-bump-stocks-used-by-las-vegas-killer

Yes...it is the dumbest....but unfortuneately...the most accurate perhaps.

(and what kind of whining and gnashing and Gomer fueled epithets do you think would have been heard if it had not been allowed to have gone through.....and I disagree with the term "approved".....that connotates "endorsement".  I doubt his administration endorsed it....it just didn't have the ability to disallow it.  

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Got a friend who is a collector who was looking into one of those .50 cal Barrett M82 sniper rifles. I told him if he got it he then he was automatically on the FBI watch list.  LOL! :D

It uses the same bullet fired out of the .50 machine gun with a max effective range of close to 6000 ft. I told him if he hit an antelope hunting in the plains of N.M. there would be no meat left to harvest. I mean who needs that anyway?

Crimininals and terrorists....and the NRA is their best friend in America.

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I will tell a (true) story about an automatic weapon. One of my former co-workers grew up in Spencer, West Virginia. Yup- out in the hills. So way back the county sheriff asks her- hey, you want to go shooting? With a full auto Al Capone vintage Thompson. Well, Theresa couldn't handle the recoil, and in about 10 seconds she's spraying lead all over the place with the sheriff screaming "GET YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER!!!!"  :)   

20 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I will tell a (true) story about an automatic weapon. One of my former co-workers grew up in Spencer, West Virginia. Yup- out in the hills. So way back the county sheriff asks her- hey, you want to go shooting? With a full auto Al Capone vintage Thompson. Well, Theresa couldn't handle the recoil, and in about 10 seconds she's spraying lead all over the place with the sheriff screaming "GET YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER!!!!"  :)   

Funny. My dad was an expert with every small arms the army had and trained troops during WW II out on the firing range. Whenever he introduced the Thompson he would ask for a volunteer among the trainees to come fire it first. He'd stand next to him and grab it as soon as it went too far up to control. He was using the stoolie to demonstrate how NOT to fire one. But one day the volunteer who stepped forward put perfectly stitched short burst after short burst right across the target just like you are supposed to do. My dad says, "You've fired one of these before." The answer, "Maybe." Where are you from kid?".   "Chicago."   True story.

well, I see where the murderer has been prescribed anti-anxiety medication in the past.

seems to be a not uncommon thread with these acting out in extreme violence.

I was thinking illegal drugs... but these...brain altering medications have been

involved in other violence outbreaks.

Archived