THE BROWNS BOARD

Hue Jackson's Jet's Presser

stillmotion

44 minutes ago, wargograw said:

The word paucity doesn't make you sound nearly as smart as you think it does, hoss.

Yes, 1-20 is historically bad. BUT, OUR TEAM IS HISTORICALLY UNTALENTED.

If we go 1-6 in the next seven games, we're gonna tie the 1976-77 Bucs (who started 2-26 in their first two NFL seasons  ever)..

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Marc1971 said:

If we go 1-6 in the next seven games, we're gonna tie the 1976-77 Bucs (who started 2-26 in their first two NFL seasons  ever)..

Book it Dano!...we're already worse than every other expansion team...ever....(what a great plan)

2 minutes ago, Marc1971 said:

If we go 1-5 in the next six games, we're gonna tie the 1976-77 Bucs (who started 2-26 in their first two NFL seasons  ever)..

Gotta trust the 18yr process :lol:   sorry, couldn't get that out without laughing. 

22 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

which is the point Ive been trying to make...its historically bad and historically untalented, why??????

Because Shashi stripped it bare...and with 3 drafts equivenlent of high picks, still hasnt hit on one single difference maker....let alone the 15 he actually needs....

I'm aware he's stripped it bare. And I'm in support of that. What I'm not in support of is blaming the HC for not being able to win with that handicap.

1 minute ago, wargograw said:

I'm aware he's stripped it bare. And I'm in support of that. What I'm not in support of is blaming the HC for not being able to win with that handicap.

You obviously didn't watch today's game? The Head Coach is the only one to blame. 

Just now, wargograw said:

We should go with y'all's plan. Replace the head coach! That's worked so well for us!

or we should just stand pat until we're 3-33? That sounds like fun to us. 

I think a lot of us believe we would win more games with a different coach....today would be an example...does not mean the rebuild ends....shashi can keep trading back and selecting massive quantities of shitty players, but at least we might have someone who knows what to do with them,....where to play them....how to develop them.....and how to call a game...and which players to play

I really can't stand when fans do the whole "we need to fire the coach!" rant, but even I have to say something is very wrong.  And I get what Hue is trying to say about execution.  If Kizer doesn't toss the pitch at Crow's feet, maybe he gets in, or gets the first.  But anybody who watches "option football" knows that there's a MUCH higher chance of fumbling the ball, and doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why.  My two biggest issues are the playcalling on 2nd and goal from the 3, and then the 4th down attempt.  When we had 2nd down, we had been running quite well.  You have to figure we had a good chance at getting in the end zone if we ran it three times from there, right?  Or here's an idea, why don't we try a QB draw?  I literally JUST SAW Brissett run that play again today, and we all know he ran it in on us.  It's a safe play, there's low chance of turnover, and a pretty low chance of taking a nasty hit.  Whenever I see that play run, the QB just waltzes right on in.  You think WE could try that?  

The 4th down attempt was even MORE puzzling, and I can't defend it at all.  I can't even come up with a good explanation.  Your defense played lights out all day.  You're down THREE points.  Even though our idiot kicker missed his two previous kicks, you HAVE to figure he'd make that one, right?  Then the game is tied up, and it's basically anybody's match to win or lose.  And not only that, but you chose to run a straight ahead running play?  We didn't need 6 inches, we needed two freaking yards.  And I realize that Crow is our more powerful back, but Duke has the ability to jump over the pile, and that might've been enough for a first down.  He goes off the ground, and then lands on top of the pile.  First down more than likely.  I just can't fathom the decision making, and it will be the undoing of our coach.  

The problem is, this isn't anywhere NEAR the first time something like this has happened!  Here's the example I keep coming back to:  Remember last year during our final game, when we had the ball at about the one yard line, and all we had to do to beat the Steelers was score a TD?  You remember what Hue called?  The ridiculous WR screen to Hawkins that lost about 8 yards.  The same play that we've tried to run a million times, with no success.  With the game on the line, Hue called THAT play.  How many times has he done this?  How many times have we questioned the clock management?  He's completely terrible at calling plays when we need a play the most.  

Hue is far and away the worst Browns' game day coach / OC that I can remember..... Makes me long for Bud Carson or Chris Palmer. 

It may be sophistry and it is certainly suckage on a grand scale. The grandest. It puts a tear in my eye at the perfection they put into suck.

Keep em all, why bother starting over again,?  It's just gonna stink more. I heard Donovan and Dieken at the end. They really earned their paycheck there. Glad I went fishing and missed most of it. 

1 hour ago, Tacosman said:

we are stuck with him for the year.....but we certainly can find plenty of other people who want the job and are qualified candidates at the end of the year.

Also, changing the head coach doesn't mean 'starting over'.  It doesn't mean we scratch this rebuild and start a new one.  We can still develop the mostly crappy players we draftd over the last couple of years.  Just with a hc who hasnt proven himself to lose 90% of his nfl games.

So let another coach come in and lose all the games? At some point, you gotta stop firing coaches and instead think about aquiring talent. 

1 minute ago, bbedward said:

Hard to win when you turn it over twice in the red zone and miss 2 field goals including 1 chip shot.

If we started Hogan today I think we come away with a W

Perhaps, but Hogan has proven that he can set the other team up to score as well as he does for the Browns. Both games he's played this year: Set the world on fire in his first drive only to throw a horrible interception the next drive or so that practically gives the other team a TD.

That being said, Hogan should be the starter now. He won't be, but I don't know what Kizer is learning from this. He's regressing.

4 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Perhaps, but Hogan has proven that he can set the other team up to score as well as he does for the Browns. Both games he's played this year: Set the world on fire in his first drive only to throw a horrible interception the next drive or so that practically gives the other team a TD.

That being said, Hogan should be the starter now. He won't be, but I don't know what Kizer is learning from this. He's regressing.

absolutely....he has score more and moved the team better every time he's played/////the nay sayers will tell you its because he was playing 2nd teamers......well, today....16 of 19 against the first teamers.....Kizer was 7 of 18....same situ(except Kizer got all the reps and game planning)

If Hue starts Kizer next week, I won't see a single snap..... It will be the 1st game that I will have missed since '93. 

1 hour ago, stillmotion said:

3) Hue seems almost delusional. He defends his playcalling and blames it all on the "execution", say that was the sole reason we lost the game.

Although I'm not a huge supporter of Hue's inside the 5 yard line play-calling, he does have a point.  Keizer made a terrible pitch to Crow down there.  He was too caught up in the moment and did not let himself think clearly about what he was doing.  And the pass that was intercepted down near the goal line should never have been thrown.  Perhaps Keizer didn't see the defender that was moving up on the receiver...but he really should have because he wasn't hiding.  

Again, I'm not a big fan of Hue's play calling down near the goal line, but the QB has to execute better than that wherever they are on the field.

7 minutes ago, Dawgs89 said:

So let another coach come in and lose all the games? At some point, you gotta stop firing coaches and instead think about aquiring talent. 

??? it's not an either/or thing.  The team  isn't saying "hmmm...should I hire a new coach or try to get some better playerls?".  Sheeesh

It is entirely possible/likely that:

-the browns have a very crappy roster

-the browns would do better with a new hc after the year

There isn't a reason in the world why both of those things can't be true.  For some reason you guys act like it's one or the other and you have he to pick a side.

But usually, to be  historicallyavawful, you have tohave some combination of terrible roster and bad coaching

but, due to his execution issues(which have been apparent all season) his coaches also gotta do thngs to simplify his game....and if he cant execute simple options and passes, then he should not be a starting NFL qb...plain and simple...

19 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

??? it's not an either/or thing.  The team  isn't saying "hmmm...should I hire a new coach or try to get some better playerls?".  Sheeesh

It is entirely possible/likely that:

-the browns have a very crappy roster

-the browns would do better with a new hc after the year

There isn't a reason in the world why both of those things can't be true.  For some reason you guys act like it's one or the other and you have he to pick a side.

But usually, to be  historicallyavawful, you have tohave some combination of terrible roster and bad coaching

They are awful because they have no talent. Who are D coordinators game planning against? 

1 minute ago, Dawgs89 said:

Who are D coordinators game planning against? 

Duke...... although DCs know that the Oh-So-Tricky Hue keeps his best offensive player on the bench, so they also know that Hue does most of their work for them. 

55 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

I think a lot of us believe we would win more games with a different coach....today would be an example...does not mean the rebuild ends....shashi can keep trading back and selecting massive quantities of shitty players, but at least we might have someone who knows what to do with them,....where to play them....how to develop them.....and how to call a game...and which players to play

We are not attracting a good coach if we fire Hue after two years while we stripped the roster down. I don't feel like hiring some HS or D2 coach.

and youd think a good coach would see just how brilliant shashi is and be eager to coach the landslide of talent coming into this soon to be proud franchise.....I mean, I keep getting told how Im blind to the brilliance of this rebuild, wouldnt you think smart professional football people would see it and want to be a part of it????

seriously/////

or do they think this is a hopeless situation too?...cant be both ways can it?.....brilliant yet unattractive?

Just now, boo fagley said:

Rex Ryan 62% win percentage 

Jets

2009 - 9 - 7 AFC Championship

2010 - 11 - 5 AFC Championship

2011 - 8 - 8

2012 - 6 - 10

2013 - 8 - 8

2014 - 4 - 12

Buffalo

2015 - 8 - 8

2016 - 7 - 9

As much as I dislike Rex, the guy has heart. And he isn't a baby lamb like Hue is. It takes a specific personality to lose this much without getting angry.

4 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

My numbers a little off. I edited the post.

Rex has balls. He did not shy away from Brady one bit.

and we need someone with some heart, someone with some balls, someone with a burning desire to win.

When I watched Hue's presser It was the look of a man defeated. He said, "If someone else can call plays better, I'd welcome him with open arms" or something of that sort.

Jimmy and Sashi wanted a "Yes Man". Hue is a great guy and obviously the players love him. But is he hard enough on them?

If your workers do a shitty job, do you reward them? Or do they get yelled at. Could Hue the baby lamb call out Britt for lack of effort? No, He said Britt was "injured". hahaha

21 pts? Pffttt, we should have been up 50 with all the talent on this team. I mean real world beaters, any one of us could coach deez guys to at least an AFC championship appearance. I wont say SB this year cause #letsnotgetcarriedaway, but next year? No reason we shouldnt be in the SB, no reason at all

1 minute ago, Clevfan4life said:

21 pts? Pffttt, we should have been up 50 with all the talent on this team. I mean real world beaters, any one of us could coach deez guys to at least an AFC championship appearance. I wont say SB this year cause #letsnotgetcarriedaway, but next year? No reason we shouldnt be in the SB, no reason at all

The plan next year is to trade down and draft a quarterback in the second or third round next year, and start him for 16 games to see if he can be the starter.

Archived