THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Texans Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

3 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Peppers sucks butt.

The site told me you quoted me in a topic. I already knew what you were gonna post.

You need a hobby old man. Living your last days in a retirement home as an average to below average troll is no way to go out.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Orion said:

It's almost over.  Then we can hear the press conference. :)     They battled out there.  We've gotta keep working and getting better every day.

Imagine if Hue was clearly upset and not even-tempered while "saying all the right things". I think that day will be sooner rather than later.

I have to admit, it makes me wonder what Kessler did so bad that these guys are better. Kessler showed some good things last year and this Sheet show at QB couldn't be worse. I'm not saying I think Kessler is the dude, but was he THAT bad that these guys are better?

20 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

The site told me you quoted me in a topic. I already knew what you were gonna post.

You need a hobby old man. Living your last days in a retirement home as an average to below average troll is no way to go out.

DieHard is a miserable twat. You were being too kind. The only thing he's good at is liking everything miktoxic posts like he's a school girl with a crush.

6 minutes ago, bbedward said:

Can we start planning the parade?

Yep..... everyone must dress up as some form of poop and wear toilet seats around their necks, all while chanting "Trust The Process".  

I'm not throwing in the towel on Hogan, you shouldn't either. It's one game against a hot team, the NFL clearly wants to pump up Watson. Hogan had an off game. That is the exception to the rule. Stick with Hogan, give him another week to prepare. You can't expect him to be perfect yet. This team has to help out. There were multiple mistakes that WR's made this game. We'll have to review the tape and see where the mistakes were made. 

Hogan didn't play his best game but he had little help. This was the Browns 16th consecutive road loss. It gonna take more than 3 days for Hogan to fix this. 

Hogan is 0-1. 

Kizer is 0-5. 

Penalties killed all of the momentum. Took first downs off the board. Made 2nd and 3rd n short into 3rd and longs. The lack of screen plays and plays with some movement were telling, maybe Hue set Hogan up to fail. We'll see if that's the case if he pulls Hogan before he's had a FAIR shake. 

1. For the first time all season, the Browns had a little momentum on their first offensive series of the game. Trailing 3-0, Cleveland picked up back-to-back first downs and neared midfield following a Kevin Hoganicon-article-link.gif scramble on third down.

On a second-and-7 from the 49, Hogan found Kasen Williamsicon-article-link.gif for what appeared to be a big first down. Williams took a short pass and cut up the field for 17 yards and into field goal range. A flag, though, nullified most of the damage, as running back Isaiah Crowellicon-article-link.gif was penalized for an illegal block in the back.

Instead of first-and-10 from the Texans’ 35, the Browns had a second-and-3 at the 47. Two plays later, they punted, marking the sixth straight game they came away with no points on the first drive.

1 minute ago, PoeticG said:

I'm not throwing in the towel on Hogan, you shouldn't either. It's one game against a hot team, the NFL clearly wants to pump up Watson. Hogan had an off game. That is the exception to the rule. Stick with Hogan, give him another week to prepare. You can't expect him to be perfect yet. This team has to help out. There were multiple mistakes that WR's made this game. We'll have to review the tape and see where the mistakes were made. 

Hogan didn't play his best game but he had little help. This was the Browns 16th consecutive road loss. It gonna take more than 3 days for Hogan to fix this. 

Hogan is 0-1. 

Kizer is 0-5. 

Nope, nope, nope.

Kizer was the reason the Browns were 0-5, if Hogan was in there the Browns would be at least 3-2. Sounds like what you've been saying, right?

Now the backpedaling and excuse-making begins, just like I knew it would.

There is NO EXCUSE- just facts. Hogan's had 3 days to play a HOT Texans team. Hogan's INT for a TD came because of poor route execution by the WR. Maybe multiple times. He didn't throw something that wasn't there for an INT. The defense made a play. 

The INT to Duke was a little high for him but then Watson threw that same type of overthrow for an INT. 

Don't make Hogan the sole excuse for the loss and turn a blind eye to the facts, that's all. This game had blame to go around. 

How many holding calls did the refs call on the Browns that shouldn't have been called?

26 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I couldn’t give a Sheet less where he played in college but I am wholly underwhelmed with him right now.

He’s playing out of position and infinity yards off the ball and that’s no doubt part of it, but still. Bad angles in pursuit 

5 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

There is NO EXCUSE- just facts. Hogan's had 3 days to play a HOT Texans team. Hogan's INT for a TD came because of poor route execution by the WR. Maybe multiple times. He didn't throw something that wasn't there for an INT. The defense made a play. 

The INT to Duke was a little high for him but then Watson threw that same type of overthrow for an INT. 

Don't make Hogan the sole excuse for the loss and turn a blind eye to the facts, that's all. This game had blame to go around. 

How many holding calls did the refs call on the Browns that shouldn't have been called?

Here’s a fact:

Kevin Hogan sucks and you were extremely wrong.

Sorry PoG, I was with you 100% going into this game, but Hogan just didn't pass the eye test on what an NFL QB should look like in terms of velocity and ball placement...... The dude is tough and I like the kid, but he isn't going to be our QBOTF....... He's just another name on the back of that jersey, and likely won't be near the last. 

What a sorry, sorry professional sports franchise....... It would be hard to suck this bad for this long if you were actually trying to, as sooner or later you would accidentally win. 

44 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Penalties killed all of the momentum. Took first downs off the board. Made 2nd and 3rd n short into 3rd and longs. The lack of screen plays and plays with some movement were telling, maybe Hue set Hogan up to fail. We'll see if that's the case if he pulls Hogan before he's had a FAIR shake. 

Same story for both Kizer and Hogan.  They get nervous and make mistakes.  

I don't think that it was Hogan making the mistakes. I think the young WRs ran some bad routes. It wasn't even 'bad routes', it was more subtle little body placement issues that can be corrected. These guys have been playing with Kizer for 5 weeks, the timing is off. TIMING is what Hogan is good at. Maybe, just maybe the WRs and RBs need to sync to the playbook that Hogan is running and not the one Kizer has been making up.

with kizer, it's hitting the receivers in the hands and having the ball deflected for interceptions.  with hogan, it's overthrowing your receivers by a few feet for interceptions.  both are not ready to carry an NFL team on their shoulders.  Both have shown flashes but it's a tough choice, do you want a diarrhea milk shake or a snotsicle?  i don't envy hue right now.  Kessler is looking good right now but the Browns have to ride out the season with Kizer to leave no room for doubt that they need to draft a 1st round QB next season.

14 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

I don't think that it was Hogan making the mistakes. I think the young WRs ran some bad routes. It wasn't even 'bad routes', it was more subtle little body placement issues that can be corrected. These guys have been playing with Kizer for 5 weeks, the timing is off. TIMING is what Hogan is good at. Maybe, just maybe the WRs and RBs need to sync to the playbook that Hogan is running and not the one Kizer has been making up.

This is absolutely the most Retarded post ever. I get the impression that not only are you a crack smoker but you lace your crack with meth all while huffing paint

Archived