THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Texans Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

4 minutes ago, Richiswhere said:

This is absolutely the most Retarded post ever. I get the impression that not only are you a crack smoker but you lace your crack with meth all while huffing paint

So that's who Josh has been hanging out with...... makes total sense now! 

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

The site told me you quoted me in a topic. I already knew what you were gonna post.

You need a hobby old man. Living your last days in a retirement home as an average to below average troll is no way to go out.

You need a girl friend!  But you llike d i c k, so your old man must be ashamed.

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

DieHard is a miserable twat. You were being too kind. The only thing he's good at is liking everything miktoxic posts like he's a school girl with a crush.

But your moma liked it in the back of a uhaul, that's where you were conceived.

5 hours ago, wargograw said:

The cycles his fan base goes through are hilarious. 

He said the same thing about Manziel. Worthless endorsement. Maybe we can sign Vince Young while we’re at it. 

No, he did not. According to Saban, he said "I do think he has an NFL future" in speaking with Manziel.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/9/17/4742184/johnny-manziel-nfl-draft-nick-saban

In regards to Watson, he said he was "the best player in college football since Cam Newton"

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17108849/nick-saban-deshaun-watson-clemson-tigers-best-player-college-cam-newton

That's an objective difference dude. To say an endorsement from Nick Saban is worthless is just plain dumb and you know it.

6 hours ago, D Bone said:

When you can measure your Browns fandom in decades like some of us can, rather than in months like you can, then and only then will you be qualified to judge the fan base. 

Nah. You’re still an idiot. So who’s your QB du jour this week? Since Hogan flamed our massively. 

6 hours ago, Browns149 said:

I’d still take Saban’s opinion over our baseball guy and lawyers  opinion 

So you think Johnny Manziel should still be on our team. Got it. 

3 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Nah. You’re still an idiot. So who’s your QB du jour this week? Since Hogan flamed our massively. 

So you think Johnny Manziel should still be on our team. Got it. 

No. But Saban has way more cred then he idiots in the Browns front office 

Just now, wargograw said:

So who’s your QB du jour this week? Since Hogan flamed our massively. 

Gotta be Kizer....... I mean your Dream Team Owner/FO/Coaching Staff drafted him, and according to you, they are the right people for the job, have us totally moving in the right direction and completely and unequivocally know what the hell they are doing, even though it hasn't shown up on the score board but for just the 1 time in the last 22 games...... right?  

Trust The Process?

Right?      

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

No, he did not. According to Saban, he said "I do think he has an NFL future" in speaking with Manziel.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/9/17/4742184/johnny-manziel-nfl-draft-nick-saban

In regards to Watson, he said he was "the best player in college football since Cam Newton"

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17108849/nick-saban-deshaun-watson-clemson-tigers-best-player-college-cam-newton

That's an objective difference dude. To say an endorsement from Nick Saban is worthless is just plain dumb and you know it.

And yet he didn’t have an NFL future. So thanks for discrediting your own source. Nevertheless, he did gush equally about Johnny. 

2 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Gotta be Kizer....... I mean your Dream Team Owner/FO/Coaching Staff drafted him, and according to you, they are the right people for the job, have us totally moving in the right direction and completely and unequivocally know what the hell they are doing, even though it hasn't shown up on the score board but for just the 1 time in the last 22 games...... right?  

Trust The Process?

Right?      

No, trust you. Because you wanted Kizer to start. And you wanted Hogan to start. They did. We’re 0-6. Got any other bright ideas?

1 minute ago, wargograw said:

No, trust you. Because you wanted Kizer to start. And you wanted Hogan to start. They did. We’re 0-6. Got any other bright ideas?

Yea, a better player. But since your boyz selected the dudes that we currently have on our roster, I guess we're kind of stuck.......

^ Let that sink in for a bit...... I'll wait. 

Still waiting..... 

This game was over in the first quarter.  When Hogan threw a dump pass and it was intercepted in the red zone AND returned for a touchdown then I knew it was over and so did the team.  Yes they stayed out on the field but their collective confidence which is about as strong as tissue paper was torn to pieces.  Every week around Wednesday I admit I get excited with the prospect of the Browns may have a chance to win.  And every week I get disappointed.  I pray this next week the Browns can work a bit a magic and beat the odds, it's unlikely but it would be nice for a 24 to 20 win over the Titans.   

15 hours ago, wargograw said:

And yet he didn’t have an NFL future. So thanks for discrediting your own source. Nevertheless, he did gush equally about Johnny. 

Dude, come on. Just admit it, those are two VASTLY different statements. Manziel by definition did have an NFL future, so Saban wasn't wrong at all actually. I know you hate Nick just like I do but to suggest his praise doesn't warrant attention is just dumb. You shouldn't make a draft pick based on what the dude says, but that statement he made about Watson should at least be something to make you pause. 

Lot of consternation over a couple QBs in which we have very little invested.

From here on you play the better prospect and see what, if anything, materializes.

And if anyone this side of PoG is still wondering, that better prospect is Kizer.

22 hours ago, D Bone said:

Yea, a better player. But since your boyz selected the dudes that we currently have on our roster, I guess we're kind of stuck.......

^ Let that sink in for a bit...... I'll wait. 

Still waiting..... 

We will get a better player. If you don’t fire them before then. Ball’s in your court. Try to be an adult about it....

7 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Dude, come on. Just admit it, those are two VASTLY different statements. Manziel by definition did have an NFL future, so Saban wasn't wrong at all actually. I know you hate Nick just like I do but to suggest his praise doesn't warrant attention is just dumb. You shouldn't make a draft pick based on what the dude says, but that statement he made about Watson should at least be something to make you pause. 

I love Nick Saban. 

And it gives me no pause. 

20 minutes ago, wargograw said:

We will get a better player. If you don’t fire them before then. Ball’s in your court. Try to be an adult about it....

I didn't know I had the power to fire anyone, cool..... Time for you to run along and Google  "Johnny Football Leaked" and maybe you'll get lucky with a fresh new nude pic.

Happy searching! 

8 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I didn't know I had the power to fire anyone, cool..... Time for you to Google  "Johnny Football Leaked" and maybe you'll get lucky with a fresh new nude pic.

Happy searching! 

Does strongly suggesting you’re a child on every response to me ever get old? Yeah I’m an A&M fan. Why does that bother you so much? 

And I sure do love people that say “fire everyone!!!” then when proven what a stupid idea it is choose to deflect to “hey, I’m just a fan.”

Just now, wargograw said:

Does strongly suggesting you’re a child on every responsible to me ever get old? Yeah I’m an A&M fan. Why does that bother you so much? 

And I sure do love people that say “fire everyone!!!” then when proven what a stupid idea it is choose to deflect to “hey, I’m just a fan.”

Nope, never.

Hey dumbphuck........... show me 1 post where I have said to "Fire everyone".... Go ahead, search my posts..... I'll wait. 

Going into the game we knew that Hogan didn't possess the most powerful arm, but I was absolutely shocked during the Texans' game on multiple occasions when the ball seemed to take FOREVER to get there.  I told my wife it was only a matter of time before a pick 6 happened, as Hogan and Hue didn't feel comfortable attacking the middle of the field (more on that later), and Houston would eventually sit on that comeback route or out pattern.  I mean, I think the announcer even said something about the ball taking forever to get there...it was crazy.  

What shocked me most of all was Hogan's lack of accuracy, and it was pretty much immediate.  Perhaps nerves, or too much adrenaline, or whatever...but the ball was absolutely SAILING on so many throws, and what's the ONE thing you can't do when passing over the middle?  Miss with it HIGH.  That's why we didn't attack the middle and kept trying to attack the sidelines, but those routes don't offer the big play potential (unless going deep), and they are risky in their own right.  Especially if you lack the required arm strength to really push the rock out there.  Our offense was severely handicapped by not attacking the middle, and I can think of very few throws that were made over 5 yards, but fewer than 30 yards, in the middle of the field.  It was tough to watch because you just knew we wouldn't be able to sustain drives with what we were trying to run.  Speaking of running...

We had moments where we ran the ball well.  The most frustrating part about our running game is the high chance of a holding penalty, and our subsequent inability to have ANY chance of picking up a 1st and 20.  Our team gets a holding penalty, and that means we're punting, folks.  Penalties continue to haunt us, and I don't know if it's coaching, having idiots for players, or just bad luck.  Crow had a block in the back after a nice gain by Higgins I think, and it took us from 1st and 10 in Houston territory, back to 2nd and 3.  I believe the original gain was 25 yards or so.  I could be mistaken, but after the penalty, I think we had to punt.  Again, I could be wrong, that mess of a game really runs together, but I'm pretty sure we crapped the sheets.  

Costly penalties, interceptions, inaccurate throwing, red zone tomfoolery, and subpar WR's...add them all up, and you get a blowout.  It's an equation we know ALL too well, and I don't see it changing any time soon.  I'd LOVE to sit here and tell you that Kizer will overcome this adversity, that he'll continue to progress and not regress, but I feel the odds are severely against him.  I'm not saying to scrap the kid, and I'm not saying he's a bust, and I'm not saying it's time to move on...I just feel that with our "weapons", his opportunities to get better will be difficult to find.  To be honest, a part of me feels like "it's time".  Like, we need the clouds to part and have SOMETHING go our way.  The lesson Hue Jackson gave Kizer pays off, and he never wants to ride the bench again, and he uses this experience as the driving force to become the player we've needed for years.  Hey...a guy can hope.  

Soooooo...anybody done any QB evaluations yet?  Who is your favorite?  LMAO

Just watched the condensed version of the game.  (home from work this week with a broken blood vessel behind my eye - how does one get that injury I wonder?)

Guess what?  It looks like we suck. :)

When WE throw passes there are defenders around the intended receivers.  When THEY throw passes, so many times, there's tracks of open land around their receiver.  WTF

I see Crowell as a decent RB.  Don't know why so many are down on him.  If there's no room to run, then there's no room to run.  Duke is a good back.  We're ok at RB.  WR is a work in progress.  Someone similar to Josh Gordon would be nice.

QB, well, we know that's our main issue.  Hogan was overthrowing EVERYBODY for most of the game...and it obviously cost us six points...but it also cost us a lot of first downs and a few good gainers.  As I've said before now (and many others have said), we should roll with Kizer and let him experience the NFL for this season.  His arm has more upside than Hogan's.  -  Deshaun Watson threw so many more good passes, as a rookie, then our guy did.  Watson wasn't perfect...but pretty good for a rookie.  -  You're welcome Houston.  It's nothing really.  We'd do it for anyone.

I've been as critical of Crow as anyone for a lack of vision. But I did see him find and hit one crack in the ZBS wall on a run to the right Sunday. So he can do it... just not often enough.

On Hogan... seemed like a lot of back foot throws being made which do tend to make the ball sail high. The one thing I really could not watch from my seats was QB pressure. I'll focus on this when I rewatch the game. The one thing I did see was that at the limit of Hogan's arm... somewhere in the 50 yd range... he was wild left and right as well. That throw "to" a wide open WR flying down the near boundary (for you TV viewers) was a full five yards OB. Inexcusable in a windless dome. More so when the FS is nowhere near the play.

Defensively their first TD to Fuller was just two DBs on different pages. That play came right at me. We were in a Tampa 2 look and Peppers had the deep responsibility... and he never closed on Fuller. Taylor released to another receiver in the short zone... just as it looked he should as there was no other coverage in that area. The kicker was Fuller looked to run the route at 3/4's speed... at best.

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Defensively their first TD to Fuller was just two DBs on different pages. That play came right at me. We were in a Tampa 2 look and Peppers had the deep responsibility... and he never closed on Fuller. Taylor released to another receiver in the short zone... just as it looked he should as there was no other coverage in that area. The kicker was Fuller looked to run the route at 3/4's speed... at best.

Yea, but I picked up Fuller to replace Green on his bye, so it wasn't for nothing........... 

On 10/16/2017 at 8:01 PM, D Bone said:

Nope, never.

Hey dumbphuck........... show me 1 post where I have said to "Fire everyone".... Go ahead, search my posts..... I'll wait. 

Haha. Ok. So what exactly do you want us to do? Other than start Hogan, which worked out really well. 

Ill wait. 

I don't like our forced choices due to the roster, but since we can't go back in time and change it, I'll just answer your question based on the dudes that are currently on the 53.

Now that the Hogan experiment has crashed and burned so badly, I don't see any other option for Hue other than starting Kizer for the remainder of the season. I believe we will end up 0-16, with 1-15 being optimistic with Kizer under center (in shotgun is more accurate), but I don't think the record changes at all with any of the current roster'd QBs under center either because the overall talent acquired by the FO, as well as the game day coaching level are simply that bad...... We need to find out 100% if Kizer is the guy (and I don't think he is) before the final whistle blows on our horrific season. 

Hue needs to promote from within and appoint an OC, and do so immediately..... That is the only way that I personally would give Hue any more rope, as I think his leash is now a choke chain. 

I don't pretend to be an internet GM, as I'll leave that to others on this forum that fancy themselves far smarter than me....... I believe I answered your question. 

edit: Also, don't confuse me wanting to see Kizer for the rest of the year, with me being "OK" going 0-16..... I'm not OK. I'm embarrassed. The organization is currently pathetic, and I have no confidence or even hope, that they'll improve over the next 48 games. 

I wouldn't say the Hogan experiment failed, just postponed a little.

Hogan had a bad first game, as many successful QBs have had. Many of those QBs were drafted with the #1 pick and knew going into the season they were going to start. They got all the reps. Hogan showed some good ability throughout preseason and when call into games. He was nothing but phenomenal, leading to him getting a start. He will return, and better than before. 

Hogan took a shot early in the game that left him with bruised ribs, which could have amped up the adrenaline even more. He tried to put the team on his back. He's still a beast.

Archived