THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

On 11/5/2017 at 9:47 AM, mjp28 said:

No BROWNS WEEK 9? Hey no problem we still have to eat, so what's your favorite gameday or just weekend eats?

Dine in or tavern hangout, carryout, favorite rib, chicken, pizza, sandwich, whatever or even cook at home what's up for gameday?

We don't have a clear cut favorite. Since we have NFL Ticket, we don't go out anymore but may have some grub delievered, or, may make some grub at home, it all depends.

Among the things we like on game day:

Order out pizza, wings and/or subs.

Make burgers, cheese steaks, nachos, cold cut subs, chicken, etc. at home. Miller or Bud light.  

• Upvote 1

Cooking ahead since we have Sunday games to watch and no Browns until Monday night.Like usual fired up the smoker. Did some sugar free  sweet hot dry rub wings , two boneless turkey breasts injected with butter, broth and a little rub mix and then rubbed and lastly a small brisket point with coffee cocoa rub. All smoked with lump oak charcoal and for wood some cherry 

Going to chill the breasts to close to frozen and use the slicer to make lunch meat 

wings.jpg

brisket slice.jpg

brisket.jpg

turkey2.jpg

turky 1.jpg

• Like 1

I just had my supper at 8 pm pasta and meat sauce, green beans, roll and nice oatmeal with raisins cookie.....not bad for hospital cooking!

.......but not exactly GAMEDAY cooking.  ;)

I am NPO tonight surgery either Monday or Tuesday will find out tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

I'm not gonna gross you out, but you can find a youtube on killing, cooking and eating dog in Vietnam. It's actually quite tasty I confess. And as that video says they look at it no differently than Texans do raising, killing and eating cattle or pigs. My hosts tried to trick me by not telling me what they were serving me, but I could tell by the grins when I was eating it that they were up to something. I think they wanted to see if I would throw up once I knew what I had eaten. But believe me duck blood pudding is far worse.  Yum Yum!!😛😋

My GAMEDAY meal tonight at 7 pm a nice turkey dinner, smashed potatoes, fresh corn, vanilla pudding and coffee.

Moved my left hip surgery to clean up the infected areas up to this Monday at 10 am spent 1hour 15 minutes under the knife and drill I guess all went well.  :)

.......now the rehab!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

My GAMEDAY meal tonight at 7 pm a nice turkey dinner, smashed potatoes, fresh corn, vanilla pudding and coffee.

Moved my left hip surgery to clean up the infected areas up to this Monday at 10 am spent 1hour 15 minutes under the knife and drill I guess all went well.  :)

.......now the rehab!

Rehab is the most important part too. Gotta do it

We did  chili with warm freedom bread. Went KISS

• Upvote 1

One thing is for sure Amazon is a great marketer and advertizer, books on cooking, Akron and Summit County in my email box today.......

Screenshot_2019-09-19_105440.jpg

Screenshot_2019-09-19_105511.jpg

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

One thing is for sure Amazon is a great marketer and advertizer, books on cooking, Akron and Summit County in my email box today.......

Here's all you need according to the vast majority of LSU and Saints fans. ☠️😋

https://www.cajuncookingrecipes.com/wildgamerecipes/wildgamerecipes_armadillorecipes.htm

On 9/19/2019 at 12:10 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

Here's all you need according to the vast majority of LSU and Saints fans. ☠️😋

https://www.cajuncookingrecipes.com/wildgamerecipes/wildgamerecipes_armadillorecipes.htm

Hard pass lol “The meat is said to taste like fine-grained, high-quality pork. ... Armadillos are known to carry leprosy, and although the incidence level is fairly low in most regions there is still a risk of transmission if the meat is undercooked.”

• Upvote 1

Today I have my homemade chicken rice soup with sushi rice instead of Uncle Bens, leftover pork tenderloin in my homemade blackberry jam bourbon sauce and a dry red Cote du Rhone from that area of southern France to go with the pork tenderloin. Side dish of pasta salad with cut up fresh cherry tomatoes, chopped provolone and a Tuscan salad dressing.

BTW in case I never mentioned it I have a little sign in the kitchen I gave my wife that reads, "Men are like fine wine. They start out like grapes and it's our job to stomp on them and keep them in the dark until they mature into something you'd like to have dinner with."  And on the counter below it I keep a ceramic hot plate that reads, "I love to cook with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."😂

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Today I have my homemade chicken rice soup with sushi rice instead of Uncle Bens, leftover pork tenderloin in my homemade blackberry jam bourbon sauce and a dry red Cote du Rhone from that area of southern France to go with the pork tenderloin. Side dish of pasta salad with cut up fresh cherry tomatoes, chopped provolone and a Tuscan salad dressing.

BTW in case I never mentioned it I have a little sign in the kitchen I gave my wife that reads, "Men are like fine wine. They start out like grapes and it's our job to stomp on them and keep them in the dark until they mature into something you'd like to have dinner with."  And on the counter below it I keep a ceramic hot plate that reads, "I love to cook with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."😂

I enjoy the song Wine Wine Wine by M Hart but I’d rather cook with beer. And not light beer. More like a strong ale. The barley comes off beefy especially steaming.  Old Bay and beer..... Yum!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I enjoy the song Wine Wine Wine by M Hart but I’d rather cook with beer. And not light beer. More like a strong ale. The barley comes off beefy especially steaming.  Old Bay and beer..... Yum!

Red, Red Wine-UB40 or Bob Marley

On 9/21/2019 at 6:31 AM, flyingfooldoug said:

Lake Erie Yellow Perch. 30 a day plus a few Walleye. Perfect food for perfect weather

Oh yes nothing like the real thing on GAMEDAY or any day.

Ever do smelt? How about monk fish or others baked, fried or grilled?

9 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Oh yes nothing like the real thing on GAMEDAY or any day.

Ever do smelt? How about monk fish or others baked, fried or grilled?

Last time I had smelt was from 7 mile inn. Been awhile. As far as fish filets?  I like to fish and usually catch at least a couple crappie or channel cats but fresh is the key. I also bleed out anything larger like Walleye, steelhead, cats, etc. Having freshwater fish that fresh makes it awful hard to buy filets of anything. I do buy a good bit of shellfish tho.  Cooking..., it’s all good. I have been getting into grilling shrimp. Crappie filets... put a few in a glass pan. Brush with olive oil, light sprinkle lemon pepper. Tablespoon or so butter. Cover and microwave 3-5 minutes. It’s amazing at how tasty it is for the simplicity 

Growing up I lived about 1/4 mile from Liberty Lake my dad fixed the watchman's TV and other stuff so I could fish anytime for free.

Used to walk to the lake and catch a lot of fresh fish especially big crappies and walk home and either filet them and fry or occasionally freeze and have later.

Nice too to have some Lake Erie fresh catch once in a while, oh yeah. I'm good with fried, baked or grilled anytime.

2 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Growing up I lived about 1/4 mile from Liberty Lake my dad fixed the watchman's TV and other stuff so I could fish anytime for free.

Used to walk to the lake and catch a lot of fresh fish especially big crappies and walk home and either filet them and try or occasionally freeze and have later.

Nice too to have some Lake Erie fresh catch once in a while, oh yeah. I'm good with fried, baked or grilled anytime.

When you freeze them., do it twice. Put your filets in a bowl, bag whatever. Add some water, freeze solid then add more water. I’ve put them in a small plastic bowl. Then pop them out into a bag and freeze again. 

A good GAMEDAY or anyday recipe from GOOD HOUSEKEEPING a name you can trust.

Baguette Pizzas

baguette pizzas
MIKE GARTEN

Remember those frozen French bread pizzas you ate in the good ol' days? Yea, these are 10x better.

YIELDS:6 servings ........TOTAL TIME:hours 25 mins
Ingredients
Buffalo Chicken Baguette Pizza
1 baguette (24-inch)
2 c. shredded rotisserie-chicken
2/3 c. Buffalo-style hot sauce
1/4 c. ranch dressing, plus more for topping
6 oz. mozzarella, coarsely grated
1/2 c. crumbled blue cheese
2 I scallions, thinly sliced

Chopped cilantro, for topping

Caramelized Shallots, Goat Cheese, and Honey Baguette Pizza
1 baguette (24-inch)
1/4 c. olive oil
4 shallots, thinly sliced
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped

Kosher salt   and pepper

1 c. whole milk ricotta
4 oz. mozzarella, coarsely grated
1/2 c. goat cheese, crumbled
2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
1/4 c. walnuts, toasted and choppedH.....Honey for drizzling
Pepperoni 2.0
1 baguette (24-inch)
(15-ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, drained
1 tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped
1 large clove garlic, finely grated
2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
6 oz. mozzarella, coarsely grated
2 oz. pepperoni, thinly sliced
1/3 c. pickled pepperoncini peppers, thinly sliced

Directions

1. For each pizza, prepare the bread: Place an oven rack in middle of oven and heat broiler. Split baguette and arrange on baking sheet cut-side up. Broil until light golden brown, 2 to 3 min. Reduce oven temp to 375°F and top bread using recipes below.
  2. Buffalo Chicken Baguette Pizza: In small bowl, combine chicken and hot sauce; set aside. Spread 2 tablespoons dressing over cut side of bread and sprinkle with mozzarella. Top with chicken mixture and blue cheese.
  3. Bake until cheese has melted and bread is crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Top with scallions and cilantro and drizzle with additional ranch, if desired.
  4. Caramelized Shallots, Goat Cheese, and Honey Baguette Pizza: Heat oil in medium skillet on medium. Add shallots and garlic, season with a pinch each of salt and pepper and cook, tossing occasionally, until golden brown and tender, 18 to 22 minutes.
  5. Spread ricotta over cut sides of bread and sprinkle with mozzarella. Top with shallot mixture, then goat cheese and thyme leaves. Bake until cheese has melted and bread is crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Top with walnuts and drizzle with honey.
  6. Pepperoni 2.0: In medium bowl, hand-crush the tomatoes then stir in oregano, garlic, and anchovies.
  7. Spread 1/2 cup sauce onto cut sides of bread (there will be extra sauce). Top with mozzarella, pepperoni and peppers. Bake until cheese has melted and bread is crisp, 3 to 4 minutes.

Nutritional information (per serving):

Buffalo Chicken Baguette Pizza, About 450 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated), 26 g protein, 1,705 mg sodium, 48 g carb, 3 g fiber.

Caramelized Shallots, Goat Cheese, and Honey Baguette Pizza, About 520 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated), 21 g protein, 715 mg sodium, 57 g carb, 4 g fiber.

Pepperoni 2.0 Pizza, About 355 calories, 11 g fat (5.5 g saturated), 18 g protein, 1,020 mg sodium, 47 g carb, 3 g fiber.

• Thanks 1

I've got a link for all of you GAMEDAY cooks and tailgaters from GOOD HOUSEKEEPING a name you can trust -and- they have a great foundation cookbook that any cook would love to have.

50 Easy Recipes for the Best Tailgate Food Around

This falls under the category of 50 best tailgating foods.  Some I like some I don't but look for yourself for ideas for your next GAMEDAY or tailgating meal.

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/food-recipes/easy/g28422681/best-tailgate-food/

• Like 1

A little note on the BAGUETTE PIZZAS we used to make something like this years back but if you like crunchy easy to make and eat pizzas you might want to try this recipe.

Also great snack size when watching the game.

For this Saturday college GAMEDAY meal just before watching the BUCKEYES I having a Whopper and large fries!

Yes BK food still 2 for $6 and fries haven't had a burger in weeks.

I'm just lounging around here thinking about good recipes I might try when I get out of here and ran across this one

CREAMY STEAK FETTUCCINE

Whenever we crave steak this dish is always what we want to make. It comes together quickly and is so full of flavor. It makes us forget chicken ever existed. 

If you want the steak without the pasta, may I suggest Cajun Butter Steak

Made this for date night and fell in love over the dish? Let us know in the comments below and don't forget to rate it! 

YIELDS:4 SERVINGS      PREP TIME:HOURS 10 MINS     TOTAL TIME:HOURS 30 MINS
INGREDIENTS

12 oz. fettuccine
1 lb. sirloin steak
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil 

Kosher salt   Freshly ground black pepper

2 tbsp. butter
2 cloves, minced
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 c. milk
1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
1 1/2 c. halved cherry tomatoes
4 c. baby spinach

Balsamic glaze, for drizzling

GET INGREDIENTS Powered by Chicory

DIRECTIONS

1. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
  2. Coat both sides of steak with oil and season generously with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook steak until your desired doneness, 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer to a plate to let rest, 10 minutes, then thinly slice.
  3. Meanwhile, make alfredo sauce: Add butter to skillet and let melt, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute more, then add milk and simmer until thickened, 5 minutes. Add parsley and Parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and cook down 2 minutes. 
  4. Add cooked pasta to sauce and toss until coated, then add spinach and toss until wilted.  
  5. Top with sliced steak and drizzle with balsamic glaze.

190409-creamy-steak-fettucine-horizontal-1-1555596324.png