THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

Well good Sunday morning my  TBB Fans,  this is something that I just came across this morning.   I sent it to some of my email friends .....  here's yours !

The 25 best Italian restaurants in Cleveland.

Road trip?

Sunday,  March 10,  10:35 am

Hi my friends this is a nice little site that I just stumbled upon,  OMG !   Check it out and pass it along.   ▪︎-->   ou laer, of the Best Italian Restaurants in Cleveland <https://www.clevescene.com/cleveland/25-of-the-best-italian-restaurants-in-cleveland/Slideshow/43862224/43862226>

And remember to   one !

Cleveland-Letters-at-Edgewater-Park-Normal-Edit-2_54_990x660.jpg

4 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Well good Sunday morning my  TBB Fans,  this is something that I just came across this morning.   I sent it to some of my email friends .....  here's yours !

Road trip?

Hi my friends this is a nice little site that I just stumbled upon,  OMG !   Check it out and pass it along.   ▪︎-->   ou laer, of the Best Italian Restaurants in Cleveland <https://www.clevescene.com/cleveland/25-of-the-best-italian-restaurants-in-cleveland/Slideshow/43862224/43862226>

And remember to   one !

Coincidentally this Italian is making some Eggplant Parmigiana for his wife for her birthday later today.... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Any of you guys watch cooking shows? It’s sort of a Sunday morning thing my gf and l do, and much to her chagrin it’s how l discovered Mary Berg. She’s a total dreamboat my dudes. Very animated, kinda nerdy, and very charismatic with great facial expressions. I could watch her for hours. 

She’s Canadian, so that’s close to Cleveland, right? 

Yep welp, linky mclinkerson…

https://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/mary-makes-it-easy

IMG_0154.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/10/2024 at 5:44 PM, Ibleedbrown said:

Any of you guys watch cooking shows? It’s sort of a Sunday morning thing my gf and l do, and much to her chagrin it’s how l discovered Mary Berg. She’s a total dreamboat my dudes. Very animated, kinda nerdy, and very charismatic with great facial expressions. I could watch her for hours. 

IMG_0154.jpeg

My wife watches her show a lot ..... I do too occassionally.    :D

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all of you  die hard fans out there  whether it's  the   ★  CLEVELAND   BROWNS   -or- CAVS  -or-  even our old  INDIANS  -or-  even now our  new(er)  .....

★★  CLEVELAND  GUARDIANS  FANS ★★  

WHY NOT !

And while we're at it why drag out the barbeque grill   -and-  fire it up with a couple packs of our favorite hot dogs   -or-   or maybe kelbassi !

Some chips and dips !   Why not !   

Get the radio cranked up with Hammy going and and our   3-1     AFC LEAGUE  LEADING      CLEVELAND LEADING  GUARDIANS  OUT THERE !     OH YEAH !

And go inside and down some hot dogs and beer !

How manly !

QIFBEE7755H7VPYZDWSTN5DS5A.jpg

Oh yes and thE TOO !

IN TODAY'S  EMAIL  ......   NATURALLY.   (Mowing to follow. ....later)

Hi everyone,  MONDAY,  APRIL 1, 2024,  doing good so far  3-1-->  From  mjp's  email    April 1  ▪︎-->

■  Cleveland Gardians  lost two  one run games in a row.

■  Tonight they are up  CLE 6-1,  Bot. 7.  Beiber with a gem !

Q

GAME 5  on APR 1  at 9:40 pm in SEA.  L. 4-5.  (3-2)

GAME 6  on APR 2 at 9:40 pm in  SEA.  W  5-2.  (4-2)

GAME 7  on APR 3 at 4:10 pm in  SEA

●--------------------●                                              

GAME 8  on APR 4 at 4:10 pm in MIN

GAME 9  on APR 5 at  2:10 pm in MIN 

GAME 10  on APR 6 at  2:10 pm in MIN  

●--------------------●

Before returning to CLE  on Mon. April 8 for the HOME OPENER  vs  the WSOX !

And on the Monday April 8 total eclipse,  remember your glasses.

See you then.     GO GUADRDIANS !     mjp.

• 2 weeks later...

Cleveland GUARDIANS  (8-3)  lost tonight   to the  WSX  7-5  after giving up 5 runs in the  1st  inning. 

Ends their current 5 game win streak.   Time to start another in the rubber match .... they've been great at those in 2024.

- BUT - We had cheeseburgers on the grill  about 7 pm tonight.   Garden green onions  -and-  tater tots in the oven ...  mmm-mmm.  As always around here......  DEE-LICOUS !

●~~~~~>   🏈  /     <~~~~~●  

Moving right along,  no time wasted on one game or  never  a bad meal.  Bon appetit,  y'all.

article_clevelandsign.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 4/9/2024 at 9:19 PM, mjp28 said:

Cleveland GUARDIANS  (8-3)  lost tonight   to the  WSX  7-5  after giving up 5 runs in the  1st  inning. 

Ends their current 5 game win streak.   Time to start another in the rubber match .... they've been great at those in 2024.

- BUT - We had cheeseburgers on the grill  about 7 pm tonight.   Garden green onions  -and-  tater tots in the oven ...  mmm-mmm.  As always around here......  DEE-LICOUS !

●~~~~~>   🏈  /     <~~~~~●  

Moving right along,  no time wasted on one game or  never  a bad meal.  Bon appetit,  y'all.

article_clevelandsign.jpg

Go Tribe!

I wasn't expecting this. I just hope it's consistent and not a flash in the pan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AP1 said:

Go Tribe!

I wasn't expecting this. I just hope it's consistent and not a flash in the pan.

That was good   - and -  who would have thought it  another  5-0  run defecit against the same WSX only this time they went to extra innings to win it in an exciting finish in front of only  12,405  fans and win it and to go to (9-3).

Next up -3- versus the Yankees,  we will see how good our young Guardians really are ..... for the third year in a row the youngest team in all of the AL baseball.

Somehow they just seem older but playwith that young excitement in them.

GO TRIBE !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

An All-Ohio World Series would be sweet...

Almost happened in 1940. Reds won the National League pennant, Indians finished one game behind the Tigers for the American League pennant. Reds beat the Tigers to win the World Series. 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 9:49 PM, mjp28 said:

~         And any of your favorites will do,  serve ice cold .....  a frosted mug is always nice. 

Samuel Adams Boston Lager was an old favorite of mine.     CHEERS !       :P.  

16564648390445104089.jpeg

20221204_153126.jpeg

I had the pleasure of meeting Fernando, very nice guy.

4 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Yankee's will be a test.  

INDEED.  Even in Cleveland.  Then  -4-  in Boston without a day off.

Seven days of challenging baseball and not against the  Oakland AAA's  of MLB.

Should be fun and all basically oll after supper time evening baseball.   :D

GOOD LUCK GUARDIANS !      

On 3/10/2024 at 10:53 AM, mjp28 said:

Road trip?

And remember to   one !

Nice list.

I grew up in Bay Village, so I mostly know west side eateries since I usually gravitate that way when seeking a good meal. Fratellos and Brunos get most of my attention, but I also like Buccis and Lucca West.

On 3/10/2024 at 5:44 PM, Ibleedbrown said:

IMG_0154.jpeg

I like cooking shows a lot.  I have never seen her.  I will check it out.

A few Youtubers i like..

Jean Pierre

Sam the cooking guy

• Upvote 1

For Italian I like this guy on Youtube with the page "Sip and Feast". 

He's given me some good pointers for making Italian food, and his easy to follow style made me confident in trying new stuff, like braciole, and improved my chicken and eggplant Parm game. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well from  "eye candy"  to one of my other all time favorites  my wife's. NJ'S ROASTED CHICKEN with  POTATOES, ONIONS  &  CARROTS  umm-umm.

We had it last Sunday  also great on  ● GAMEDAYS ●  too !   Here's the very easy homemade recipe.

You don't have to have an elaborate recipe to enjoy a good meal in fact tonight I had one of my all time favorites ROASTED CHICKEN with POTATOES,  ONIONS and CARROTS  ummm-ummm.   
●  Here's my wife's old family recipe for ROASTED CHICKEN. 

●  NJ'S  ROASTED CHICKEN with VEGTABLES.  [ADD extra vegetables if you like.]

So easy we started with about a 4 to 7 (as desired) pound roasting chicken, salt the inside and thoroughly rinse and dry.

Brush the outside of the chicken with a mixture of melted butter and olive oil.

- Season the outside with salt, pepper and Hungarian paprika. 

- Top the chicken with a mixture of dried herbs - sage, lemon thyme and parsley.  Then drizzle on a  little more olive oil.
▪︎  NOTE: We grow and dry our own herbs which tend to be stronger than store bought. Just be careful with quantities. 

Roast in a preheated 350 degree oven per weight of your chicken, approximately 20 minutes per pound or until internal temperature is 165 degrees and juices run clear.

While the chicken is cooking prepare and cook your potatoes,  onions and carrots first cut them to desired sizes. Then season and cook until browned and fork tender.  (see our Roasted Rosemary Vegetables recipe) 

When  chicken is done let rest before carving and enjoy !

●  NJ'S ROASTED ROSEMARY VEGETABLES from an old family recipe 

images (45).jpeg

• Like 1

The Brooklyn Brothers is a decent Italian cooking show.

These guys aren't gourmet by any means, but more simple home cooking, which is probably more authentic IMO.

★  What is better for a  get-together or  *GAMEDAY*  or any  family meal than ...  MOM's TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE.  Say no more.  ★

What says old home made better than this ?   There's something about a tuna casserole that always takes us back to our childhood. It was one of Mom's specialties, and boy did she make it look simple! 

Luckily, our easy tuna filled version of ★ Mom's Tuna Noodle Casserole is so creamy and delicious, you'll want to make it again and again. Plus, just like Mom used to do with her perfect tuna mixture - we snuck in the peas!

thumbnail?appid=YahooMailAndroidMobile&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2
Clck below for the show recipe
https://www.mrfood.com/section/this-week#myCarouse

EES  4    COOK TIME  40 MINUTES.   

●  Oh yes There really is something about a tuna casserole that always takes us back to our childhood. And it was one of Mom's specialties, and boy did she make it look so simple.

What You'll Need  - Just 9 simple ingredients.

• 1 (12-ounce) package medium egg noodles
  • 2 (10-3/4-ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 (12-ounce) can chunk tuna, drained and flaked
  • 2 cups frozen peas
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 cup coarsely crushed potato chips

What to Do  -  Just 4 easy steps.

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a casserole dish with cooking spray.
  2. Prepare noodles according to package directions; drain.
  3. In a large bowl, combine soup and milk; mix well. Add noodles, tuna, peas, butter, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish then top evenly with potato chips.
  4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until bubbly and heated through. Serve immediately.

Check This Out!

No Ordinary Tuna Casserole Family-Favorite Tuna Noodle Casserole

No Ordinary Tuna Casserole

Family-Favorite Tuna Noodle Casserole
  • Did You Know?: In the 1950s, many Americans were looking for quick and easy ways to feed their family for cheap. The Tuna Noodle Casserole was created to be a simple dinner that's quick and budget-friendly. Since its beginnings, tuna noodle casserole has become a very popular dinner recipe across the United States. 
  •  
  • The basic requirements for a tuna noodle casserole recipe include a can of tuna, a can of vegetables, a can of soup and a package of egg noodles. Other tuna noodle casserole recipes add-ins range from chopped mushrooms and onions to frozen peas or shredded cheddar cheese
  •  
  • ▪︎-->  Our recipe for Mom's Tuna Noodle Casserole is an old-fashioned version just like the one we grew up with. Pull this bubblin' hot casserole out of the oven.

Moms-Tuna-Noodle-Casserole_Large600_ID-1632383.jpg