THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

On 10/23/2019 at 4:18 PM, mjp28 said:

Oh BTW is anyone planning a GAMEDAY meal or tailgating party for the upcoming BROWNS at New England game?

Nobody having New England clam chowder?     :lol:

• Haha 1

OH on the GAMEDAY.FOOD the wife made chili at home.  And for a little variety in life I try not to remember what I ordered until I get it.

GO BROWNS, dinner is soon.

Authentic GAMEDAY or anyway food either at kickoff or midnight.......oh yes !!   Nothing like combining traveling and the culinary thing together pictures included.   ;)

.....I like the ATM with $10 bills, nice touch!   :lol:

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Sunday-Wed I got that good old fashioned VA Hospital bag fulla water IV supplemented by liquid diet only meals. Chicken broth with orange Jello anyone? Yuk!🤮

Ummmmm,. Jello I can't look at the stuff now yeeeech!

Oh well you can think about the better meals ahead steaks off the grill, chicken, chops ..........or yeah real GAMEDAY food.

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Ummmmm,. Jello I can't look at the stuff now yeeeech!

Oh well you can think about the better meals ahead steaks off the grill, chicken, chops ..........or yeah real GAMEDAY food.

Right now only pureed chicken salad sandwich appeals to me more. But then again a brownie cures all ills.😁

44 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Right now only pureed chicken salad sandwich appeals to me more. But then again a brownie cures all ills.😁

I've been in 5 hospitals and now 6 rehab joints and this one is the worst ever for food,. I've even complained to the D.O.N. on this place not getting me the foods my doctor recommended to me and I've been here 14 days now.  I'm spoiled I've been in really good places for food.

Oh and I have a tuna salad sandwich or chicken salad sandwich for lunch every day and it's ok at best.  No 4* ratings for this place!  

And I know my food I offered to run their kitchen -or- the entire joint and I meant it..... this is the Anmal House of hospitals, any my doctor is on staff here and she's good!

Oh well GAMEDAY FOOD dreamin'.......:wub:

• Upvote 1

On 10/28/2019 at 9:40 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Well mjp, I told you I'd show you my Browns gameday NYC pizza, from Grimaldi's Pizzeria in Verona, New Jersey. The original Grimaldi's is located under the Brooklyn Bridge in Brooklyn... the original owner is from one of the original pizza families of New York City. This pizza had fried eggplant, pepperoni and ricotta cheese on it. Delicious! 

IMG_0021.jpg

I'm just dreamn' of good food again here in this culinary wasteland.....I will say that finally they are trying.....we used to play "find the missing food" everyday here generally 2, 3 or 4 items each meal, no kidding they forgot milk 3 meals in a row......then the Director of Nursing went into the kitchen to see what was happening!!  There have been some improvements since.

Well back to the culinary Oasis of Grimaldi's in NYC,. this just has the look and I can only imagine the smell and taste of an old original NYC style pizza.  The pepperonis and other toppings don't have that perfect look of a manufactured franchise pizza (generally a big yuck from me). -but- have that quickly made and perfectly cooked pizza. They make them FAST and sell them FAST!    (I just hit save image. :()

Thanks a whole lot Sean ......our dinner trays just came with a perfectly round clump of  instant mashed  potatoes with goo gravey and a stuffed green pepper...... haven't tried it yet.   OH BIG HOSPITAL TIP O' THE DAY - bring your own salt & pepper shakers and anything else that you enjoy!

Bon appetit!    Oh only forgot 1 item today..... my chocolate Ensure, I told him to skip it.    :lol:

.......oh I just realized that they forgot my coffee too?  Geeezzzzzz.

Edited by mjp28
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Thanks a whole lot Sean ......our dinner trays just came with a perfectly round clump of  instant mashed  potatoes with goo gravey and a stuffed green pepper...... haven't tried it yet.   OH BIG HOSPITAL TIP O' THE DAY - bring your own salt & pepper shakers and anything else that you enjoy!

Bon appetit!    Oh only forgot 1 item today..... my chocolate Ensure, I told him to skip it.    :lol:

.......oh I just realized that they forgot my coffee too?  Geeezzzzzz.

LOL! Second tip of the day. Don't use the fake butter they put down for mashed potatoes, grits or whatever. Holy crap that stuff is like eating Crisco straight out of a 60 year old can. You know, the old congealed white Crisco. May as well eat day old bacon grease which at least has a flavor other than uncooked pig fat.🧐🐷

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

LOL! Second tip of the day. Don't use the fake butter they put down for mashed potatoes, grits or whatever. Holy crap that stuff is like eating Crisco straight out of a 60 year old can. You know, the old congealed white Crisco. May as well eat day old bacon grease which at least has a flavor other than uncooked pig fat.🧐🐷

Oh God my dinner was aweful!   Worst stuffed peppers I've ever had, yuuccck. Mashed potatoes I covered them with pepper and salt.

And goo gravey is just that goo in a big barrel.  And they have a chicken flavored goo gravey and who knows what that comes in???  Oh Christmas I still have a few weeks to go here.  

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Oh God my dinner was aweful!   Worst stuffed peppers I've ever had, yuuccck. Mashed potatoes I covered them with pepper and salt.

And goo gravey is just that goo in a big barrel.  And they have a chicken flavored goo gravey and who knows what that comes in???  Oh Christmas I still have a few weeks to go here.  

Ask for the liquid diet as a change. At least they give you real jello and chicken broth if you're lucky. I certainly don't envy what you have been and are currently going through. But I do have admiration. Keep up the good fight.👍

13 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Ask for the liquid diet as a change. At least they give you real jello and chicken broth if you're lucky. I certainly don't envy what you have been and are currently going through. But I do have admiration. Keep up the good fight.👍

That's basically what I had today the juice, yogurt, fruit, coffee diet and I always ask for ham ,& cheese omlet and get a cold cheese omlet and cut up sausages.....like rubber.  Everyone else gets it right but them.

On to lunch with my standard tuna salad sandwich and side salad the last place was great one of the best I've had.

I don't want to bore everyone else with scary lousy hospital food stories :o.   but this place stinks!   I've gotten spoiled with some good hospital food over the last few years.

Trick or treat!!! Uhhhhhghhh.  Strictly trick here.    :ph34r:

And of course Sean with his really delicious looking homemade Italian pizza pictures........yeah thanks Sean.  

But keep up with the great GAMEDAY FOODS stuff, that's what we are about here!

9 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

When my brother was in rehab after having CHF and AFIB, he was on a salt free diet.  He said the food was unedible.  He lost 35 lbs in one month.

Yep they fed me something that was supposed to pass for grits when they let me start real food. No salt and this fake butter. I couldn't get but a few bites down and asked for the soup back. Did your brother survive that DieHard?

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Yep they fed me something that was supposed to pass for grits when they let me start real food. No salt and this fake butter. I couldn't get but a few bites down and asked for the soup back. Did your brother survive that DieHard?

Yep, that was over two years ago.  He quit smoking and drinking (which I could hardly believe) had a pacemaker put in also.  He's still kicking.  (Retired MSGT USMC).

Just now, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Yep, that was over two years ago.  He quit smoking and drinking (which I could hardly believe) had a pacemaker put in also.  He's still kicking.  (Retired MSGT USMC).

Well I could not add more reactions for the day, but that's great to hear. Nothing like a wakeup call.👍

And yes for Halloween Friday dinner with their lousy fish, rice, mixed veggies I had my wife's Kluski chicken noodle soup with the wide noodles, 110% improvement to dinner.

After having some of the broth first.......

IMG_20191101_173119.jpg

And for trick o treat some scary pictures from last week......

Oh that's my about 40" TV which is big by hospital standards, sorry the game wasn't up to any standards.   :(

IMG_20191027_175043.jpg

IMG_20191027_174957.jpg

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Looks like worms

Ummmmm tastes like worms too...... actually quite tender but I probably shouldn't have finished the broth and chicken before the pictures.

Been making sausage for the freezer the last week or so. I do patties as we prefer them to links. Found a new recipe for German style brats that is the bomb!! So here some plated up. Double decker bratwurst patties with Swiss cheese and a dill kraut on homemade Swiss rye chaffles with a side of a spin on German potato salad made from Daikon radish.     

0B911A19-171E-4012-A18A-09FDE3910E27.jpeg

BE1DF6F7-336E-4937-B71D-4A673DE3A51C.jpeg

• Upvote 3

The hospital culinary wasteland continues.  (I miss my previous places, cooked to order good food.   :()

Two days ago I had Salisbury steak, scalloped potatoes, corn......I got a hamburger covered with brown goo, the cheapest box mix potatoes you can imagine and blah corn.   I know that the guys in the Youngstown jail are eating better than me.

Last night my wife felt bad and brought me lasagne in a good sausage and meat sauce.  

Tonight GAMEDAY NIGHT still TBD.    SO what's on your menu for the Pittsburgh at CLEVELAND game?

56 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

The hospital culinary wasteland continues.  (I miss my previous places, cooked to order good food.   :()

Two days ago I had Salisbury steak, scalloped potatoes, corn......I got a hamburger covered with brown goo, the cheapest box mix potatoes you can imagine and blah corn.   I know that the guys in the Youngstown jail are eating better than me.

Last night my wife felt bad and brought me lasagne in a good sausage and meat sauce.  

Tonight GAMEDAY NIGHT still TBD.    SO what's on your menu for the Pittsburgh at CLEVELAND game?

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Hospital food is AWFUL because it's "institutional food", but back in the 1980's  I worked at Warren General Hospital, a small Osteopathic Hospital & the food was homemade (NOT institutional), and some of the best food I have ever tasted. One little lady made the best rhubarb pie I have ever had. Sadly, Warren General is no more, but my memories from there are cherished.

As far as tonight, too cold for us to tailgate, so my Brother & I will meet at Mission BBQ in Parma (Chopped Brisket marinated in Memphis Belle Sauce is the BOMB!) & take the Transit to the game.

Mike