THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Bengals Game Day Thread***

jiggins7919

4 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I would prefer Manning over Stosh the pudpuller but feel Bernie could actually fix this mess. I also get to hear him do some pregame analysis on the radio.  

We just watched John Lynch walk into a GM job just by staying in the football loop with TV broadcasting..Lock Jimmy up for a while..Believeland 2.0..Weekend at Bernie's Mezzanine section please   

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Asking seriously, has Kosar been successful at anything after football?  In business, broadcasting, coaching, parenting, life, anything?

Yes, he has done very good on channel 19 with preseason coverage. Also each pregame on the radio he does analysis that is usually spot on. He has forgot more about football than this whole FO knows about it combined!

1 minute ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Yes, he has done very good on channel 19 with preseason coverage. Also each pregame on the radio he does analysis that is usually spot on. He has forgot more about football than this whole FO knows about it combined!

Channel 19 preseason coverage and pregame radio analysis and we want him to jump into running an entire NFL franchise, smh.  I get he's a name but c'mon can't he run a successful auto dealership first?

44 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Channel 19 preseason coverage and pregame radio analysis and we want him to jump into running an entire NFL franchise, smh.  I get he's a name but c'mon can't he run a successful auto dealership first?

What's Peyton done? Elway? Lynch? Bernie been around the game his whole life too. Plus he has a pretty high IQ. What's Hue done? Stosh? Can Bernie do worse?

57 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Asking seriously, has Kosar been successful at anything after football?  In business, broadcasting, coaching, parenting, life, anything?

Bernie owns a farm, and also owns Kosars Wood Fired Grill at the Northfield Hard Rock Rocksino.

https://www.hrrocksinonorthfieldpark.com/kosars-wood-fired-grill.htm

5 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

jabril might have gotten trucked there but he held on. I like that he's getting up and jawing. I wanna see more of that. Go hit somebody pep, take a personal foul who cares. JUst light someone on fire we'll love ya

You should have been in the tavern chat. Apparently he was "celebrating". I was trying to explain he wasn't but anything I say about Peppers doesn't count apparently. 

6 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

You should have been in the tavern chat. Apparently he was "celebrating". I was trying to explain he wasn't but anything I say about Peppers doesn't count apparently. 

Woodster, that was one of the most horrible penalties I've ever seen.  Pissburgh player like Headhunter Harrison, that's a no-call, bet on it. The NFL owes the Browns an apology for essentially costing us a chance at winning a game. 

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I would like to see Peppers clapping more after he tackles rivals after a 15 yard gain. I also would like to see Kizer clapping after making a INT, Gonzalez after missing a FG and even Coleman after dropping a TD. 

53 minutes ago, Nero said:

I would like to see Peppers clapping more after he tackles rivals after a 15 yard gain. I also would like to see Kizer clapping after making a INT, Gonzalez after missing a FG and even Coleman after dropping a TD. 

Hue does their clapping for them.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Woodster, that was one of the most horrible penalties I've ever seen.  Pissburgh player like Headhunter Harrison, that's a no-call, bet on it. The NFL owes the Browns an apology for essentially costing us a chance at winning a game. 

The league will probably fine him. The crown of his helmet hit the receiver on the chin. I don't like the call but it called all the time. Welcome to Goodells gayer NFL

I never posted an official prediction score, but what I told my friends is we'd lose 27-13.  Even though we eventually lost by two touchdowns, the game was much closer than I predicted.  I didn't believe we'd be able to move the ball, and our lone touchdown would come as a result of garbage time.  I could not have been more wrong.  We moved the ball consistently pretty much all game, both on ground and through the air.  The only reason we lost was because of our red zone inadequacies.  Yeah, we can point to the defense and how they gave up a ton of rushing yards, or how we dropped potentially game-changing interceptions, and questionable penalties...but we lost because we can't score touchdowns.  It's been this way all year. 

I believe we had four red zone trips, and we didn't score a touchdown until our last visit, on 4th down.  It was actually a wonderful playcall, and it was well-executed by Kizer and the OL.  In fact, it's a call I've been BEGGING for all season....mainly because it always seems to work against US.  Anyways, we don't score touchdowns in the red zone, and worst of all, we GIVE UP touchdowns to the opposition at a clip of almost 80%.  I don't know what the worst defensive percentage is during the last 15 years, but I'm guessing 80% HAS to be in the top ten.  Even our defense last year, the one that couldn't stop ANYONE on the ground, "only" gave up TD's at 67%.  That number was terrible enough...but 80?!

Anyways, my biggest issue with our first 3 trips to the red zone was that we weren't even that CLOSE to scoring a touchdown.  Can you guys think of a play that "almost" scored?  Even the unfathomable drop by Corey Coleman doesn't count because it was thrown outside of the red zone.  I can't think of ANY plays we ran on our first 3 red zone trips that really could've scored.   And I get it, I really do.  We're being BEYOND careful with Kizer due to his plentiful red zone turnovers this season.  But here's the thing...we need TOUCHDOWNS.  We can't just run that Crowell off-tackle play on 1st and goal EVERY TIME and hope to all heck that he's going to get in.  More often than not, it goes nowhere, and sometimes it even goes BACKWARDS.  The rule of thumb I always heard was that play-action is best used on 1st and 3rd down when close to scoring.  Every week I watch the YouTube video of "All Touchdowns Scored", and every week I see a boatload of relatively easy TD's scored by so many different teams.  Many on play-action to a guy open in the end zone.  Others are passes to the corner, or "dig routes" to the outside while moving the pocket, or well-executed WR screens, TE middle "shovel passes", or lord knows what else.  How do we not HAVE THOSE TYPE OF PLAYS?!

Yeah, our defense really sucked.  I counted three interceptions we could've had, and we didn't make ANY of them.  Now, none were what I call "easy plays", but they are the type of plays we HAVE to make in order to win games.  Sometimes we have to be spectacular.  Sometimes we have to make "that play" that results in an amazing defensive touchdown.  Boddy-Calhoun had two opportunities...two.  Until somebody makes those plays, we won't win.  I see them made all of the time, every week.  Just not usually by us.

13 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Anyways, my biggest issue with our first 3 trips to the red zone was that we weren't even that CLOSE to scoring a touchdown.  Can you guys think of a play that "almost" scored?  Even the unfathomable drop by Corey Coleman doesn't count because it was thrown outside of the red zone.  I can't think of ANY plays we ran on our first 3 red zone trips that really could've scored.   And I get it, I really do.  We're being BEYOND careful with Kizer due to his plentiful red zone turnovers this season.  But here's the thing...we need TOUCHDOWNS.  We can't just run that Crowell off-tackle play on 1st and goal EVERY TIME and hope to all heck that he's going to get in.  More often than not, it goes nowhere, and sometimes it even goes BACKWARDS.  The rule of thumb I always heard was that play-action is best used on 1st and 3rd down when close to scoring.  Every week I watch the YouTube video of "All Touchdowns Scored", and every week I see a boatload of relatively easy TD's scored by so many different teams.  Many on play-action to a guy open in the end zone.  Others are passes to the corner, or "dig routes" to the outside while moving the pocket, or well-executed WR screens, TE middle "shovel passes", or lord knows what else.  How do we not HAVE THOSE TYPE OF PLAYS?!

I hear ya big time. We don't ever try the play-action fake and a flip to the tight end under the goal posts, EVER. Probably not since Testaverde.

Part of it now is I don't think Kizer is very good at carrying out a play fake. Certainly, this is teachable, so TEACH!!

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

I hear ya big time. We don't ever try the play-action fake and a flip to the tight end under the goal posts, EVER. Probably not since Testaverde.

Part of it now is I don't think Kizer is very good at carrying out a play fake. Certainly, this is teachable, so TEACH!!

Well, the anouncers said it during the game, that play action we tried with a seam route from the slot never looked like a run play. But that's not on Kizer. I watched in the replay that the line doesn't push forward, neither the running back hammers like a ram, so they actually saw the pass coming and broke it.

17 hours ago, gumby73 said:

i get this aweful feeling that Haslem would prefer Manning over Kosar at this point..:( agree with you though. The wife ordered Kosar's book for Xmas..should be a good read

There is a simple reason for that having nothing to do with the personal capabilities of the individuals involved:   Jimmy is from Knoxville and is a big U.Tenn fan..   And Peyton played there.

That is all. 

Not that Peyton could not be capable....who knows.  But that connection is the be all and end all of the equation to bring Peyton here if it were to happen.

But...Jesus....Tennessee has its own issues. Fires a bad coach....then hires Schiano...and then reneges on that.

It kinda sounds like anything Jimmy H. has his fingers in turns to shite.

Notable absences from the complaints this week...

• We can't run the ball/abandon the run (169 yds; 5.5 ypc)
  • Britt... (gorgeous catch and run)
  • Peppers this or that... (best game)
  • Stupid Kizer throws... (no INTs)

I'm sure I'm overlooking a few oldies...

7 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Notable absences from the complaints this week...

• We can't run the ball/abandon the run (169 yds; 5.5 ypc)
  • Britt... (gorgeous catch and run)
  • Peppers this or that... (best game)
  • Stupid Kizer throws... (no INTs)

I'm sure I'm overlooking a few oldies...

As I said about this team:  they will do whatever it takes to lose.    

If it takes being unable to run the ball....they do that.

If it takes Britt failing to perform....they do that

If it takes Pepper to play poorly....that will happen

If it takes Kizer throwing interceptions...he will do that.

If it takes anything else:  poor tackling, penalties, poor defense, poor blocking...it will happen.

Something good MAY happen for this team in every game  (last week they stopped all the stupid penalties)...but those things won't be enough. Something else will crop up that causes the Browns to be fuyuckyuckyucked.  

They will do whatever it takes to lose.....and sometimes be very creative at it.

11 hours ago, Nero said:

You don’t know football. In America we talk trash. 

5 minutes ago, wargograw said:

You don’t know football. In America we talk trash. 

I hope you understood that I was being ironic. American sports aren't the only ones where trash talk gets in place. 

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

No...but we have the most atom bombs.....so just shut the fuhuck up and agree with us or we will bomb you back to the stone age.

:P:lol::o

I'm member of the NATO! I'm member of the NATO!

Archived