THE BROWNS BOARD

Positives from the 2017 season?

tinythinker

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are very tough to see with the glaring overall record in the last 2 years but this team does have quite a few positives. Since the team came back in 1999 this is the best building of the Interior on both sides of the ball. Maybe a few years the o line was better but overall both sides trenches are the best I've seen with some young Raw Talent. They just need The Playmakers on both sides of the ball those first two draft picks should be spent on receiver running back guys that can score touchdowns. And on the defensive side of the ball The Playmakers that turned touchdowns in the field goals and turn scoring drives into turnovers.

And DeSean Kizer has been wrongfully beat up this year. McCoy Weeden Manziel fry Quinn Kiser has showed me more maturity and more growth in a short time and worse situation than any of those guys. I mean let's be real he was given less talent and asked to do more than any quarterback in the NFL as a raw rookie. And he seems like he's got the mentality and maturity for the job not in trouble not drama doesn't have a friend that always gets in trouble not partying not drinking not creating controversy. You gave all those other stiffs years to figure it out and you gave this 21 year old kid with all the clubs in the bag 10 games. ridiculous

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2017 at 12:08 PM, Tour2ma said:

Not saying he does not turn out to be Prime Filet Mignon... just not there yet. I think he has the opportunity this Sunday in Seattle to show if he is heading up the food chain.

On 12/4/2017 at 2:01 PM, Tour2ma said:

Anyone want to talk about Carson today?

Looking forward to seeing how his fill in does tomorrow... and the next two weeks.

39 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Are you implying that Wentz is an average QB who benefits greatly from the system he plays in?

m a y b e . . .

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

m a y b e . . .

we can all speculate on anything we want.  I can speculate tom brady is an average qb without BB.  All the analytical guys(Barnwell types) as well as the non-analytical types seem to feel Wentz has been very very good this year and a top 5 qb at least.  You're kind of on your own island on this. Well not kind of.  I guess there is nothing wrong with having an extremely different viewpoint, but when it also corresponds to a projection one had before actual data was in, well thats a bit suspicious.....

I love my island...

... and for half a game anyway my original darkhorse is making my island looks like valuable real estate. Speculation ends as data arrives.

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
N. Foles 15/23 142 3 0

But it is against the NY football Giants, so... we shall see.

6 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I love my island...

... and for half a game anyway my original darkhorse is making my island looks like valuable real estate. Speculation ends as data arrives.

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
N. Foles 15/23 142 3 0

But it is against the NY football Giants, so... we shall see.

foles is a good back up.  I don't know what is in store for Wentzs career.  But he's been real good this year.   one of the best in the league. We know that as it already happened. 

2 hours ago, Tacosman said:

foles is a good back up.  I don't know what is in store for Wentzs career.  But he's been real good this year.   one of the best in the league. We know that as it already happened. 

Point is that "a good back up" stepped in and the Eagles Offense did not miss a beat.

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
N. Foles 24/38 237 4 0

That's data point #1 with two more to come in the regular season... and at least one in the regular season.

The argument is not whether Wentz is "good"... he is... Top 20 and everything...

The argument is whether he is "great"... "one of the best in the league"...even "MVP-worthy".... I don't think he is. I think he's a good QB being elevated by a great team.

How well his "good back up" does filling in is a test of my island's integrity.

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Point is that "a good back up" stepped in and the Eagles Offense did not miss a beat.

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
N. Foles 24/38 237 4 0

That's data point #1 with two more to come in the regular season... and at least one in the regular season.

The argument is not whether Wentz is "good"... he is... Top 20 and everything...

The argument is whether he is "great"... "one of the best in the league"...even "MVP-worthy".... I don't think he is. I think he's a good QB being elevated by a great team.

Na  your wrong  the argument is just how bad Jeff Fisher was with quarterbacks

5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I believe that watching him doing stuff only Russell Wilson and Aaron freaking Rodgers do, has something to do with general perception of Wentz's level. 

48 minutes ago, Nero said:

I believe that watching him doing stuff only Russell Wilson and Aaron freaking Rodgers do, has something to do with general perception of Wentz's level. 

So stay off my island... ;)

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
N. Foles 24/38 237 4 0

Wentz is good, but one thing that seems to fly under the radar is the Eagles have a top 5 defense.

Another positive.... after acquiring their QB of the future, the 9ers have now won 4 games in a row and no longer are in the discussion for the #1 pick next year....... although some here will tell us that there is no difference in an 0-16 season and a 5-11 season, so I guess the jokes on the 9ers and their fans. 

Whew...... would've hated to have given up that #1 slot come April. 

Archived