THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Hey Mark,

I apologize to you on this one. I got my screen names mixed up. Honestly, this was an innocent mistake, not a stab at you.. Calsnots is the guy who complains and reports all the time.

& he got told by our supreme commander to lay off reporting everything he didn't like. as a Mod, I got to see everything he was reporting too.  

14 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Understand, two things.

1) I personally never brought this aspect of my life on to this board. It was brought here by a couple other posters who knew about it and witnessed it themselves.

2) I also never claimed to have a long-standing friendship, or buddy-buddy relationship with him.  Back in the day he was going through punching bags like a hot knife through butter. A buddy of my Dad, Dooney, was a staple muscle man and boxing mover/shaker around the Youngstown, Y. He suggested to my Dad that "your kid should step in and get a feel for the big show, he can make some money too." So I did. It was right before a three fight extravaganza at Fitch High School circa 1973. Ernie had not yet launched his career with his eventual KO of Ted Gullick at Packard.  The fight card had  3 undefeated heavyweigh bangers from Y town, Ernei, Gullick and a guy named Mike Boswell. Boswell's opponent backed out at the last minute and they actually asked for a volunteer. I was under 21 and couldn't sign a release, although I wanted to. I thought Boswell was a nice guy, and thought it would be a once-in-a-lifetime experience. But alas, no go.

I witnessed Ernie a lot more from the outside of the training ring than from inside, but all I can say is that he was a polite, quiet, giving guy who was a focused, howitzer launching wrecking machine in the ring. Inside the ring he couldn't be approached by anyone but his trainer and manager. Laser focus. He is responsible for putting Ali in the veg-a-matic. The guy hit indescribably hard.

He lives in Vegas now. Another reason I want to live there. Maybe he doens't hit so fukcing hard, now. That was a long, long time ago.

Tommy and Ernie.jpg

Nice pic Ghoolie!...and Zombo was gonna try and box you? lol

I right away noticed Shavers arm and the reach he must have....you no doubt had to rely on your speed and a lot of bobbing and weaving to hit him.

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 8:45 AM, Zombo said:

Don't confuse the fans with the teams. Steeler fans are soft and so are patriots fans. Winning is too easy for the fans, and they are spoiled. Only Browns fans would have this much passion at 4-41 ... we're tougher than everybody, just a few pussies like you.

Zombo

With all due respect that is highly misleading. If you're basing fan toughness on loyalty, then why has half of Ohio become Steeler country?

Fans like you are proud of your city and root for the browns because there's no other choice, not because you're tough.

fans.jpg

5 hours ago, StinkHole said:

With all due respect that is highly misleading. If you're basing fan toughness on loyalty, then why has half of Ohio become Steeler country?

Fans like you are proud of your city and root for the browns because there's no other choice, not because you're tough.

fans.jpg

I'm not from Cleveland, or Ohio, Dicktits.

But nice theory ...

Zombo

6 hours ago, StinkHole said:

Nice pic Ghoolie!...and Zombo was gonna try and box you? lol

I right away noticed Shavers arm and the reach he must have....you no doubt had to rely on your speed and a lot of bobbing and weaving to hit him.

Yes, Ghoolie looks extremely agile.

Z

13 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Go listen to your Bangles greatest hits record.

Not sure what this has to do with anything.  I can like Hendrix, and I can like the Bangles, and I can like Eno....and I can like a hundred other bands.

The point is that you gave a moniker of "The Great One" to various people who have never been called that.

That would be like me calling say, Bruce Springsteen "The Chosen One".    It is not a moniker that has ever been applied.

Maybe in your world Boy George is called "The Boss".....but not in mine.

11 hours ago, StinkHole said:

fans.jpg

It is proof that  many, many Steeler fans are FRAKs, Kuntas.   Be they from Ohio or elsewhere.  Besides that, some of this is just horseshite. To say that most of S. Carolina is "steeler country" is Horseshite. 

18 hours ago, The Gipper said:

It is proof that  many, many Steeler fans are FRAKs, Kuntas.   Be they from Ohio or elsewhere.  Besides that, some of this is just horseshite. To say that most of S. Carolina is "steeler country" is Horseshite. 

I would add that the ones in this state(Ohio) are living proof that anal sex results in kids that become stool fans.

6 hours ago, boo fagley said:

The point that I made was that anyone that knows anything about music knows thar Hendrix will always be in a league of his own.

Therefore, you know nothing about music as confirmed by your love for bubble gum music.

Springsteen sucks too.

It has nothing to do with the music per se.    It has to do with a moniker that someone has acquired.  To all of the general public....except you apparently.. Hendrix has never been called "The Great One"....even if by chance he could deserve that title.

And yes, I like some bubble gum music.....because some of it can often be entertaining and likeable.  What do you "like"   just frikking  headbanger crapola?  That is pure ignorance and unfounded arrogance.

You know who else here likes some "bubble gum" music?   Westside Steve.   Do you want to question his knowledge of music?  He likes Springsteen too.   The fact that you apparently do not brings into question your taste in music.....as, after all.....what you are claiming is a "lack of knowledge" is simply your stupid admission that you have different tastes in music. 

I also suspect that the guitar afficianados on here can tell you that despite Hendrix talents....there are numerous Guitarists that would give Hendrix a run for his money. 

In fact....Hendrix himself essentially admitted that Phil Keagy may have been better than him.  (or, if wasn't Hendrix it was Clapton or Townshend or someone highly revered as a guitarist)

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

It has nothing to do with the music per se.    It has to do with a moniker that someone has acquired.  To all of the general public....except you apparently.. Hendrix has never been called "The Great One"....even if by chance he could deserve that title.

And yes, I like some bubble gum music.....because some of it can often be entertaining and likeable.  What do you "like"   just frikking  headbanger crapola?  That is pure ignorance and unfounded arrogance.

You know who else here likes some "bubble gum" music?   Westside Steve.   Do you want to question his knowledge of music?  He likes Springsteen too.   The fact that you apparently do not brings into question your taste in music.....as, after all.....what you are claiming is a "lack of knowledge" is simply your stupid admission that you have different tastes in music. 

I also suspect that the guitar afficianados on here can tell you that despite Hendrix talents....there are numerous Guitarists that would give Hendrix a run for his money. 

In fact....Hendrix himself essentially admitted that Phil Keagy may have been better than him.  (or, if wasn't Hendrix it was Clapton or Townshend or someone highly revered as a guitarist)

Christopher Parkening.:D

On 12/16/2017 at 6:59 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

Christopher Parkening.:D

Yes....see....some very unknown guys, like Keagy...or this guy above, whom I have never heard of, may be considered the greatest guitarists of all time. 

I suspect if you did a poll....or had some so called expert put together a list (which of course would be just one opinion), Hendrix ...and names you know would be up there.  Not sure Keagy...or this guy would....even if they may deserve it..

Here is Rolling Stone's Top 20 list from 2015:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/100-greatest-guitarists-20111123/jimi-hendrix-20120705

(3 of the top 5 were former Yardbirds)

20.  Santana,  19. James Burton 18. Les Paul 17. Neil Young 16. Derek Trucks  15. Freddy King 14. David Gilmour  13. Albert King 12. Stevie Ray Vaughn 11. George Harrison 10. Pete Townshend 9. Duane Allman 8. Eddie Van Halen 7. Chuck Berry 6. BB King 5. Jeff Beck 4. Keith Richards  3. Jimmy Page  2.  Clapton 1. Hendrix

"SPIN" puts a whole different spin on who the Top Guitarists are......some guys in RS to 20  are ranked much much lower:

https://www.ranker.com/list/rolling-stone_s-top-100-guitarists-of-all-time/music-lover

Neither list has Keagy or the guy you mention on them.  (but both Hendrix and Towshend acclaimed Keagy as great). 

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 1:42 AM, StinkHole said:

fans.jpg

The thing that is not shown however is the little asterisk at the bottom that states that in just about every little section there exists a BrownsBacker Club that is riding with the Brownies. 

Archived