THE BROWNS BOARD

Are the Browns going to change or just keep doing the wrong stuff

rich4eagle

I like Ogbah as the DE opposite of Garrett, but would like the Browns to add a mid-rounder to the DE mix who is a pass-rusher for passing downs. Maybe an under-sized guy who is a bit one-dimensional, but would fit nicely in the Browns rotation.

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I like Ogbah as the DE opposite of Garrett, but would like the Browns to add a mid-rounder to the DE mix who is a pass-rusher for passing downs. Maybe an under-sized guy who is a bit one-dimensional, but would fit nicely in the Browns rotation.

He's already on roster - Nate Orchard.    Who has been contributing more and more of late.   

On 12/10/2017 at 8:59 PM, BaconHound said:

If you have a good offense and no defense you'll stink...see Houston.  If you have good defense and no offense you'll stink see Cincinnati 

The only comment in this thread that makes any sense.

To win games in any major sport you have to score points AND keep the other team from scoring points.  End of story.

If there's people that "don't get it", it's those that keep shouting is that "all you need is a QB and your worries are over"

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:25 AM, BrownPile said:

There's a LOT of your post I disagree with, primarily that Offense wins championships.  Couldn't disagree more.  The very era you are touting proved that wrong.  We are re-living that history now and no one has learned anything from it.  Who won the championships in those years and what was their focus?  Defense and ball-control offenses based off the run.  They annihilated those very pass-oriented teams with their celebrity QBs.  Denver did it just 2 years ago and everyone conveniently forgets that, as well.

As far as OSU, though, I doubt anyone here wants the OSU QB with the #1 pick.  Not sure why they don't draft the defensive lineman and linebackers and - in other years - the CBs.  Dorsey seems to draft from the Power 5 conferences that are dominant at the time.  Big 10 - and OSU - may not be in that list right now.

You still don't get it and never did the Browns win all those championships with defense it was "bend but don't break defense" and an offense juggernaut and that is even moreso today

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:50 PM, MLD Woody said:

Yes, if only we drafted all OSU players... that would fix everything. 

Many are becoming All Pros? Damn, which one's? Zeke was I think. Bosa?

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:59 PM, Send in the Clowns said:

Yes, need a legit threat at the #2 DE.  But shouldn't a pass rush from the LBs be better even with Ogbah down?  Wonder if they might be motivated to take a pass rushing LB in round 2 of the draft.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:51 PM, MLD Woody said:

"offensive juggernaut" in 1946 was attempting a forward pass, right?

You do not get it. Paul Brown introduced the West Coast Offense into the AAFC in 1946 they won the championship all four years. He taught it to bill walsh and now they all know it. The Browns won three NFL championships in there first six years with "Automatic Otto Graham throwing the ball and Marion Motley running over people and catching passes.  Sometime check on history of the NFL and AAFC before just spouting off bs

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:34 PM, MLD Woody said:

Well let's go off of how they have played instead of assuming they'll all be pro bowlers. Though the OP said All Pro... which is a good bit of difference. 

Zeke is a great HB. Played behind a great OL last season and his been suspended this season. But he is a great player. Taking him top 5, for us, would have been dumb.

Bosa is playing great. No knock there.

Thomas gets to play with Brees on a great offense. I bet Coleman could do a lot of similar things in that O.

Lattimore is definitely good. Shazier was too I think.

But the  idea that there is just mountains of all pros coming out of OSU every year and that all we need to do is draft OSU players to win is dumb. It just is. People will disagree to get a reaction out of me or out of blind allegiance. 

OSU had their best class ever two drafts ago. There were good players in that draft  we could have taken. But to expect the same amount of production out of them on this Browns team is incorrect. To say all we need to do is draft a bunch of OSU players to win is dumb. That's it.

What has the great OL AND D DONE since Zeke went out...............PPPPPPPHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHT FARTED..........Shazier was an absolute stud and so was zeke and Bosa you want more? There is nothing about me that is dumb.............it is about being smart..........Eddie George? Mikal Thomas? AJ Hawk? Zeke? all those starting lineman about 10 none on our team, all those 7-10 starting dbs everywhere, Deron Lee, Heward, Ted Ginn, and on and on it goes. How stupid can you be to ignore a hometown team that produced Laurinitis..........and all these guys never drafting a one including Big Ben who may win his third Super Bowl this year who was OHIO his whole life and a browns fab. Stupid is seeing a box of chocolates  peeing in it

So lets discuss winning instead of incompetence about whom is whom. I am all ears filled with 20 years of cowpoop

26 minutes ago, rich4eagle said:

You do not get it. Paul Brown introduced the West Coast Offense into the AAFC in 1946 they won the championship all four years. He taught it to bill walsh and now they all know it. The Browns won three NFL championships in there first six years with "Automatic Otto Graham throwing the ball and Marion Motley running over people and catching passes.  Sometime check on history of the NFL and AAFC before just spouting off bs

Rich is perfectly correct.

I mean....people don't seem to realize that the NFL record for most passing yards in a game is 554........in 1951.....by Norm Van Brocklin of the Rams. 

Still the record to this day.  And while sure, there is a lot more passing these days.....that is only because of the rules that have been put in place.  You can't touch the receivers, you can't touch the QBs. 

But there was plenty of passing in those days.   By guys that are just as good at throwing the ball as we have now.

Archived