THE BROWNS BOARD

Start Kevin Hogan NOW.

PoeticG

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, it's imperative that we lose the last two games to solidify his already overflowing draft stocking? Re-finger-u-louse. 

The Giants are 2-12... so theoretically if Hogan won two games and the NY lost the next two it would be a two way tie at 2-14.

The question is would you guys rather start Hogan to have a chance at a 2-14 record and pick #2 or keep playing Kizer to tank the rest of the season and remove all doubt that we're going 0-16- I mean there is the parade sponsored by Excedrin, because you know- they feel our pain...

45 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

So, it's imperative that we lose the last two games to solidify his already overflowing draft stocking? Re-finger-u-louse. 

That would happen regardless if he or Kizer plays.    Like I said....I would not mind if Hogan started because I am just so fatigued at seeing that guy who has probably been responsible for more turnovers in a season than any other player in 20 years.

But I would take Kessler if it meant just not having to watch Kizer....so that is no endorsement of Hogan.

15 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Haven't we already locked up the first pic?

WSS

Thought I heard that somewhere Steve. But it's possible if we would win the last two and the Giants lost the last two. Strength of schedule comes into play...

Took some digging but here's how it stands as of today. . Of course one more loss and we have the #1 overall locked up. Giants are at .541 with the Cardinals (6-8) and Redskins (6-8) left (.420%). The Browns are .510 with the Bears (4-10) and Steelers (11-3) left (.535%) . 

14 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

The Giants are 2-12... so theoretically if Hogan won two games and the NY lost the next two it would be a two way tie at 2-14.

The question is would you guys rather start Hogan to have a chance at a 2-14 record and pick #2 or keep playing Kizer to tank the rest of the season and remove all doubt that we're going 0-16- I mean there is the parade sponsored by Excedrin, because you know- they feel our pain...

I have no love for Kizer, but so what PO? At this point, who really cares? 0-16, 2-14? Personally I don't think we're winning either of the last two. See above. Looks like two Browns wins and two Giants losses, and it just might get dicey who gets the #1. I'll pencil the Steelers in with at least one more win (Houston). Thanks Pittsburgh. The #1 and #5 will be sweet. 

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

I have no love for Kizer, but so what PO? At this point, who really cares? 0-16, 2-14? Personally I don't think we're winning either of the last two. See above. Looks like two Browns wins and two Giants losses, and it just might get dicey who gets the #1. 

I really, really do not want the Browns to go 0-16. NO ONE forgets 0-16. 1-15 gets forgotten.

That being said, I'd be pretty pissed if the Browns won the next two games out of nowhere and lost out on the #1 pick.

4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I have no love for Kizer, but so what PO? At this point, who really cares? 0-16, 2-14? Personally I don't think we're winning either of the last two. See above. Looks like two Browns wins and two Giants losses, and it just might get dicey who gets the #1. 

Kizer is the best of the 3 shitty QB's we have.   Who cares though who plays.   Sadly...I wouldn't mind Hogan playing so we can all watch him shit himself and then his biggest cheerleader will finally shut the fuck up.

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I really, really do not want the Browns to go 0-16. NO ONE forgets 0-16. 1-15 gets forgotten.

That being said, I'd be pretty pissed if the Browns won the next two games out of nowhere and lost out on the #1 pick.

I agree the Bucs 0-14 and Lions 0-16 are memorable. Apparently there's only one Hogan cheerleader left who really cares anymore who starts. 

25 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Kizer is the best of the 3 shitty QB's we have.   Who cares though who plays.   Sadly...I wouldn't mind Hogan playing so we can all watch him Sheet himself and then his biggest cheerleader will finally shut the Shmuck up.

Hogan already looked like complete dogshit in his one start, which resulted in the "PoG Excuseapalooza Tour 2017".

I'm guessing that he'll pick a new Kevin Hogan for 2018 and trot out the same tired, pathetic shtick. 

I'm hoping the mods don't miss out on a golden opportunity to auto-correct whoever his man-crush is next year to "PoG's Salad Tossee"... Oh wait, YOU are a mod, right Mark? :lol:

I'm for Hogan starting and have been for awhile. I'm tired of all you old assholes wanting Kizer to play "to see what he's got" He has absolute Sheet. Perhaps Hogan has absolute Sheet too but Hogan has only Sheet once. Kizer 13 times! Don't act like Hogan coming in off the bench and marching it straight down the field multiple times didn't excite you. And garbage time touchdowns???? Once again... how many garbage time touchdowns does Kizer have again? Took him 13 games to throw 9 touchdowns. Hogan throws 4 in one start and a couple appearances off the bench. We got the #1 pick locked up!! Lets change something up and try not to go 0-16. Hogan or Kessler. You assholes want to keep starting Kizer because hogan had one bad game. I don't get it.

Only reason he is starting is because they drafted him high and because they wanted to tank the season. It has to be. Explain why else they keep starting this trainwreck?

43 minutes ago, thomam3 said:

Only reason he is starting is because they drafted him high and because they wanted to tank the season. It has to be. Explain why else they keep starting this trainwreck?

Perhaps because you actually have to be somewhere near tracks to be a trainwreck. Those two just are on a different track altogether. 

image.jpeg.4703521c5883b62fd50f2818c9fc9053.jpeg

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm hoping the mods don't miss out on a golden opportunity to auto-correct whoever his man-crush is next year to "PoG's Salad Tossee"... Oh wait, YOU are a mod, right Mark? :lol:

I'm a mod in name only....  i'm kinda like the vice president.  I have a title but no real power to do anything.

2 hours ago, Mark O said:

I'm a mod in name only....  i'm kinda like the vice president.  I have a title but no real power to do anything.

ditto. I'm just the night watchman, making sure nothing terrible happens after 11PM. Zombo is the only one who can auto correct and change screen names. 

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

Thought I heard that somewhere Steve. But it's possible if we would win the last two and the Giants lost the last two. Strength of schedule comes into play...

Took some digging but here's how it stands as of today. . Of course one more loss and we have the #1 overall locked up. Giants are at .541 with the Cardinals (6-8) and Redskins (6-8) left (.420%). The Browns are .510 with the Bears (4-10) and Steelers (11-3) left (.535%) . 

In that scenario, if my math is correct, Browns would end up 2-14 with a .513 SOS and Giants 2-14 with a .526 SOS. Bear in mind the pct will change for every team in these 2 weeks, but I don't think it'll change that much to lose #1.

6 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Heh? Why? Theres zero question at this point we're going qb with the 1st and getting a vet qb to start infront of our shiny new pick. Best kizer can do is be 3rd string. Do u really think kizer is backup material? 

We invested a 2nd round on him and he has a 4 year contract which doesn't take a lot of salary space. The logic move would be to trade him in Year 3 for a 5th round or something like that.

10 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Completely agreed. The mission is 'avoid 0-16 at all costs'. Though they'll probably make fun of the 2-30 Browns, anyway.

15 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Here's a case scenario. Kizer blows the game against the bears, Hogan gets the start and knocks the Steelers out of their sweet position.

WSS

At this point who cares I prefer to win one and still get the number one pick. Since the 49ers have their quarterback they'd be happy to trade that number one probably to the Giants and leave us holding the bag. It would still be nice to beat the Steelers.

Still screw O and 16 and screw anybody that wants to have a parade.

In the butt.

With a Pinecone.

WSS

Edit if we did go 0 and 16 it would be that much more fun to win the Superbowl in a couple of years.

2 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

At this point who cares I prefer to win one and still get the number one pick. Since the 49ers have their quarterback they'd be happy to trade that number one probably to the Giants and leave us holding the bag. It would still be nice to beat the Steelers.

Still screw O and 16 and screw anybody that wants to have a parade.

In the butt.

With a Pinecone.

WSS

Edit if we did go 0 and 16 it would be that much more fun to win the Superbowl in a couple of years.

in the butt with a pinecone sounds awfully painful.

I"m with you though...  screw 0-16.  Win a damn game...just one at this point is all I ask.  Would love it to be the squeelers and screw up their week off for round 1.    But Huey Cueball seems to only win games on Xmas eve, so maybe it will be this week against the Bears.

23 hours ago, Mark O said:

Pretty much...   Now we know.  Kizer isn't the answer other than as a future backup QB.  

I can't go that far. I only know I can't count on Kizer to be "the guy". Does that mean he never will develop? Possibly...

23 hours ago, Westside Steve said:
  1. So number one you are saying that if Hogan started he might well have won more games and the front office and coaching staff might possibly be confused as to whether he's the quarterback of the future?
  2. As for number two I don't think winning the job had anything to do with it. I don't think we had a better chance to win with Kizer then we did with either of the quarterbacks we shitcanned. He got the start because of his draft position.
  1. No... I'm only discussing Kizer because Hogan is a complete non-factor.
  2. "Winning the job" had everything to do with who started. Shitcan #1, McCown, was never in the competition. Shitcan #2, Osweiler, had his shot. Would either have won more than zero games? It's possible, but it would have been at the cost of learning whether or not Kizer could be the guy going forward. Kizer won the job because of the combination of his physical promise (which earned him his draft position) and rapid mastery of the basics, i.e., working under Center, play-calling, etc.

I said a long time ago that playing Kizer was a win-win that was going to involve losing... possibly a lot of losing. If:

• at some point Kizer "got it" and we began to win, then we had our QB going forward and that was a win.
  • Kizer never "got it" and we piled loss upon loss, then we had the #1 overall and our pick of the litter, a/k/a, a win.

Turned out the 2nd option was the one that that came to pass.

22 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I can't go that far. I only know I can't count on Kizer to be "the guy". Does that mean he never will develop? Possibly...

1. No... I'm only discussing Kizer because Hogan is a complete non-factor.
  2. "Winning the job" had everything to do with who started. Shitcan #1, McCown, was never in the competition. Shitcan #2, Osweiler, had his shot. Would either have won more than zero games? It's possible, but it would have been at the cost of learning whether or not Kizer could be the guy going forward. Kizer won the job because of the combination of his physical promise (which earned him his draft position) and rapid mastery of the basics, i.e., working under Center, play-calling, etc.

I said a long time ago that playing Kizer was a win-win that was going to involve losing... possibly a lot of losing. If:

• at some point Kizer "got it" and we began to win, then we had our QB going forward and that was a win.
  • Kizer never "got it" and we piled loss upon loss, then we had the #1 overall and our pick of the litter, a/k/a, a win.

Turned out the 2nd option was the one that that came to pass.

Here's where I disagree with your gambling. No Brock Osweiler never got a chance he played what a handful of snaps with an early Joe Thomas free line. I understand some people didn't think Josh McCown was the long-term answer but he was the best quarterback on the roster.

But let's talk about the bums we wound up with.

As far as finding out whether Kizer could play at all or was a complete bust its the same roll of the dice as finding out if Hogan could play or was a complete bust. Well we gambled and found out. I can't guarantee that Hogan would have won two or three games by now but we at least know that Kizer didn't.

If you are saying that an almost perfect losing seasons is a good idea because of the draft picks then why in the world would Sashi get fired? If that's such a great strategy what say we tank one more season! 

WSS

46 minutes ago, Mark O said:

in the butt with a pinecone sounds awfully painful.

I"m with you though...  screw 0-16.  Win a damn game...just one at this point is all I ask.  Would love it to be the squeelers and screw up their week off for round 1.    But Huey Cueball seems to only win games on Xmas eve, so maybe it will be this week against the Bears.

Funny thing is the we go against our untapped "savior" QB and have a better shot at that game than we do against the Pukes in the last game.

7 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

If you are saying that an almost perfect losing seasons is a good idea because of the draft picks then why in the world would Sashi get fired? If that's such a great strategy what say we tank one more season! 

"Good idea" is not what I am saying. I am saying ending up with the #1 overall was one of two probable outcomes once we went with Kizer.

As for Sashi.... Hard for me to believe that these two possibilities were not discussed, understood and agreed to prior to final cuts. So I suspect Jimmah had help in forgetting his buy in which led to the "AJ Trade" which led to Sashi's dismissal.

Archived