THE BROWNS BOARD

Start Kevin Hogan NOW.

PoeticG

I cannot watch Kizer anymore. The dude threw the ball at Duke's feet the play before the interception and just walked off the field. He's Shmucking done. Why the hell is Hue continuing to hold Hogan back? The kid was showing Kizer up left and right in the beginning of the season. He was better then than Kizer is now! AFTER 13 NFL STARTS!!! 

We cannot win with Kizer. If we want to finish this season with a win, you guys need to get behind Hogan and let's play this kid. 

You can say that Hogan sucks but no matter what you say, I cannot agree with you that he's worse than Kizer. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-Mailbag-Why-Hue-Jackson-feels-comfortable-with-Kevin-Hogan-running-offense/9a9f0265-a6c7-4f1a-ae7c-f9b278f58a26

--This was an excerpt from earlier in the season. 

In limited action this season, Hogan has led the Browns to four of their 10 touchdowns. Three came with the game still in balance. Those drives went 83, 63, 75 and 86 yards and included six plays of more than 20 yards. This past week against the Jets, in particular, saw Hogan get the ball out with quickness and featured a nice mix of run and pass, including a few effective runs on his own.

“What he does is he manages the offense, the consistency of where the ball goes, the timing and rhythm,” Jackson said. “There is a rhythm to him when he plays. He understands the rhythms that I am looking for. He has been around me long enough to understand what that looks like. That is what he demonstrated in the game. I think that is what you all saw this past weekend. He has that.”

Hogan’s played a lot of football. He started all four of his seasons at Stanford, running an offense that is one of the best at preparing players for the NFL. He’s been with Jackson for more than a year.

“Kevin is just steady-Eddy,” Jackson said. “Kevin doesn’t get too high or get too low. He is really steady.”

Hogan’s completion percentage of 68.4 would put him fifth among NFL starting quarterbacks if he had enough attempts. That, alone, has been one of the biggest reasons why Cleveland is comfortable with him as its starter.

- So Kizer can have an adrenaline fueled miscue multiple times throughout the season but in Hogan's lone start of his career he's supposed to play flawlessly without making a mistake? Seems like a double standard which Hogan probably knew and thus why he pressed, trying to make an impression and it backfired a little. I think that if Hogan had more of a chance and Hue actually worked with him the way he's coddled Kizer all season that we'd have a QB that we could be proud of in Kevin Hogan. 

- Everybody is looking for a QB that has "it", well Hogan has "that". ;)

Kizer talks a good game but he ain't the one. I can't handle another loss, and that is all I see from Kizer. I know he's going to panic and screw it up. When he drops back I'm expecting the worse possible outcome. At least with Hogan, when he dropped back I was confident that he's seeing something or he's waiting for something to open up because it eventually will. He knows where the ball should go and why.

Kizer is just looking for his primary guy to get open, or whoever he's locked onto presnap. I hate to be this way but for crying out loud. Please, for the love of all that is holy and merciful, please play Kevin Hogan so we can all celebrate a Christmas Miracle and avoid being winless on Christmas Day. Please Hue, do me just this one solid. 

What do you think happened to Hogan?

I have a feeling that he told Hue how to fix his "system", Hue took it personally and it got himself benched.

4 hours ago, PoeticG said:

I cannot watch Kizer anymore. The dude threw the ball at Duke's feet the play before the interception and just walked off the field. He's Shmucking done. Why the hell is Hue continuing to hold Hogan back? The kid was showing Kizer up left and right in the beginning of the season. He was better then than Kizer is now! AFTER 13 NFL STARTS!!! 

We cannot win with Kizer. If we want to finish this season with a win, you guys need to get behind Hogan and let's play this kid. 

You can say that Hogan sucks but no matter what you say, I cannot agree with you that he's worse than Kizer. 

Hogan is not going to be a Cleveland Brown in 2018. Dude, this dead horse has had enough. Hogan is fini as a Browns, and fini as a starting prospect. He is 3d string on a good team, and second string on the Browns. Really, he blows.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

We aren't cutting Kizer, don't be stupid. He's a young developmental piece we're keeping.

Hogan and Kessler probably aren't coming back though. 

You're pretty smart for a UM guy...

13 hours ago, PoeticG said:

What do you think happened to Hogan?

Still got the Texans game taped on the gizmo machine? re-watch it..remember hue might have got pressure from upstairs to bench Kizer. I still scratch my head, why Hogan was only given passing play calls outside the hash marks? Long sideline out patterns that Hogan could only flutter with his arm talent. 3 were picked with no WR fight for ball & some only catchable out of bounds. Kizer will get the start near his South Bend school in Chicago. But on a very short leash due to Hogan/Dorsey factor..      

1 minute ago, BrownsFan4Evr said:

Kizer will stay. I predict we draft a QB, sign a veteran QB (Smith or McCarron) and Kizer immediately becomes third string.

Oh I think they will probably do a song and dance pretending that the guy drafted at number one is the third string and there to learn. ;-)

WSS

17 hours ago, PoeticG said:

I want you to teeter on the edge of a well. Drop a big healthy dump into that well. Fall backwards into said well. 

Your gimmick is tired.

36 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

What do you think boys, would we be better or worse at this point had Kevin Hogan started the season for the long run? Hard to imagine being any worse...

100% worse off...

How?

1. We would not now know we need to take a QB high in the upcoming draft.
  2. We would have been starting a QB who could not win the starting job.

4 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

100% worse off...

How?

Pretty much...   Now we know.  Kizer isn't the answer other than as a future backup QB.  

13 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

100% worse off...

How?

So number one you are saying that if Hogan started he might well have won more games and the front office and coaching staff might possibly be confused as to whether he's the quarterback of the future?

As for number two I don't think winning the job had anything to do with it. I don't think we had a better chance to win with Kizer then we did with either of the quarterbacks we shitcanned. He got the start because of his draft position. 

What we did find out is that he wasn't progressing like they thought that he would being thrown into the fire. We don't know that about Hogan. Or Kessler. And know if I had to bet something of great value I wouldn't put the money on the fact that Hogan was going to the Pro Bowl next season. But like I say we will never know.

WSS

2 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

Might as well start Hogan. PoG is right. Hogan this game and Kessler vs the Steelers. See which one of them can stay on the roster next year.

Do we really need to see more of Deshone?

Kessler won't last 1 series against the squeelers defense.

Archived